Country Flags (Option)

Marjorie Haukea Williams

I know most people do not want to disclose where they are from...

So I can see why this suggestion could be declined.

Though it would be helpful to have, to distinguish who comes from where,

instead of guessing half the time?

I know it is on profiles, but not everyone chooses to read/or will read those parts...

Thanks for hearing me out

Lisbet

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marjorie Haukea Williams

• Key

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

We had this in mind a few years ago. We have a 'Location' field that is also displayed under the avatar in threads (so, one doesn't have to access a profile to see it), but, as you said, most people do not wanna disclose their actual location and put instead things like 'Somewhere', 'Behind you' etc.

Also, since most people on the forum, being fans of yaoi and manga, like Japan, Korea, they tend to put the flag of those countries instead of their own country's flag. These are the reasons why we didn't extra load the forum with this additional field.

Anyway, I looked just now at the mod on vBulletin and it was created for vBulletin platform 4.0.x. Administrators of vBulletin 4.2.2 (same as YO's) said that the mod isn't currently compatible with this version, displaying an error instead of the actual flag:

GZLCd7Z.jpg

In order to fix this error for now, without the original coder's support (who would fix the files of the mod) I would have to alter the postbit_legacy template, which is very likely to cause conflicts with the display of the Inventory items.

I suggest to wait for a while and see if the coder does update the files to make them compatible with our platform. What I can do is send a message to the coder on vBulletin.org and hopefully he'll take it into account and speed up the process.

Ah I see.

Well hopefully it gets resolved smoothly

and thanks for replying Key.