(2016) Ghost Boyfriend 灵界基友

Panda01

It's not like I ever expected great BL movie, but I had really high expectations for this movie. Unfortunately, I was rather disappointed. It has a very good idea for a movie but a bad execution:Red_fox6:.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 23 degrees Celsius

• Panda01

• Sloan

• Strawberries_Senpai

After rewatching it a second time with a friend. I just observed my friend's excited facial expression slowly fade into a confused and then to a very "done with this movie" look. Personally, I think that they need to have more background story and more character depth. The ending was definitely more of a cliff hanger than an actual ending.

• 4 months later...

I am a bit confused by its storyline. I hope someone here can explain it for me. (of course I havent read the novel) SPOILERS!!!! DO NOT OPEN IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT YET!!

So it turns out that the writer Xiao has been writing the whole of what we saw in these episodes, about this 'ghost boyfriend'? But like what everybody is saying here, there isn't background depth to these characters. I don't know if this ghost boyfriend was his ACTUAL boyfriend back then or he was just making the character of Lu Qi Ming(?) up as he went on. If he wasn't 'real' then why was he saying things to him like "Look at me" and "I was dead".

In the first few episodes, Ling Qi Ming said he has a job to do: 'to love somebody'. As if he has to go and fulfill someone's wish. Which made me think that Ming used to be Xiao's friend but was killed. And Xiao's feelings for him was not realized till he began to reflect it (writing the story) And wished that Ming became his boyfriend, instead of the status of being dead.

But then Mr. Wen came in the picture and said this "What Lu Qi Ming can't get. No one can." as if he was the one who knew the story and was trying to change it.

And who the hell was the two walking and talking randomly in the street??

Looking forward to the second season~~~!

Thank you for sharing any info!! I really think this ghost boyfriend is handsome!

Honestly, I'll add my afterthoughts to my previous post after finding myself wishing I have seen more of it. (But I haven't found uncut version WITH eng subs) I might as well waste my time watching the other channel with chinese subs only (It seems to have much less cuts version/ or longer- not sure if it's the 'UNCUT' version or what)

But.... I cannot help it. I don't get the hate of this series. I thought this concept is brilliant. I can see the shortcomings but I'll make it an effort to find the ones with more substance, thus make a better judgment of this storyline. I might have it all wrong. I figured that this drama went right over my head when I was reading some english comments that were nowhere near what I perceived this drama to be....

I'd give this drama a second chance. Whatcha say? Help me find working links with eng subs that don't have too many cuts... Besides I don't think it's doomed.... otherwise they wouldn't make an effort to make a second season, right?

Also, it's probably just me but it seems like this drama has very little publicity. Probably due to other BL web series that seem to flash-flood the interwebs (hehehehe!) If I'm not mistaken, there is another BL drama that I predict to be executed just as poorly as this one. I cannot translate the title, though. So I guess, there will be a growing list of BL hit-and-miss.