Tutorials and Graphic Videos.

Saga

READ FIRST ||

[color=#ffffff][i][font=arial narrow]People asked me to do some kind of tutorial thing, 
rather, a thread where I show how I work my graphics.

The videos are on speed'd up pace, but you can slow it down
with Youtube's feature. In case you want to follow better.[/font][/i][/color]

FEATURED FOR JUNE 2016;

vl3wKDf.jpg

V I D E O S.

---------------------------------------------------

MOTM June (Inu mo Kuwanai) -

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

MayaUkato's Signature -

T U T O R I A L S.

---------------------------------------------------

Exposure Effect (the Art of Blending) -

Typography (Bevel and Emboss) -

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• voide

• Tetsu

• Sanka

Top Posters In This Topic

MAKING OF MAYAUKATO'S SIGNATURE - 2016

Iqh9tZh.jpg

---------------------------------------------

I often use hotkeys so I decided to enlist these I used in this video.

Photoshop's hotkeys:

B - Brush

E - Eraser

L - Lasso Tool

When you have selected the brush, you can navigate the colors/pick the colors with,

ALT - Color Picker

When you have selected the lasso tool, you can erase the selected content with,

DEL - Quick Erase

or you can move the selected content around even if part of some content with,

CTRL - Cut/Move

-----------------------------------------

Video -

• 1 year later...

Hi

So, I need a piece of advice. You don't have to do a tutorial for it but if you have time later I'm happy to wait for it. But for now, I really wanna know how you blend you gfx. I divided my gfx into 2 parts; background & subject. Whenever I make gfx, my subject will looks like it was slapped onto the background. Whereas, I can see yours are all pretty & blend seamlessly into the background.

How did you do it? Please teach me your techniques. Thanks!

Hey!

Hmm..I think I understood it but still, can you pick some graphic I have made and you have considered it in mind as 'well blended' or something you want to be able to do? As you separation of 'object' and 'background' for me is a bit confusing as I have XDDD.. -> background trick for transparency + visible background + middleground + spotlight + foreground + effects. And I am not sure which of these you meant. Like..how the work looks like one whole or? '__'

Gah I'm bad describing this..

A few examples:

syKH16y.jpg

8oUB2gY.jpg

And the signature above.

How did you do it so that the subjects in the gfx (Levi, that guy who look like crying) blended into the bg. I mean I can't see the white edges from the render (Levi images). Okay, now I'm not sure if I make sense anymore. I'm sorry for bad English

Ooooh. I think I understood what you meant.

I will make you a tutorial now. In case your internet connection is slow it does not load the image, as it is HUGE, here the link to open in a new window:

OsBFOOX.jpg

Thanks so much for the tutorial! I know this thread is for us asking tutorials but as I really want a quick advice I didn't ask for it :D So, exposure. Alright. I'll try this on my current assignment & see how it will turns out. And thanks for the YO bg colour heads up, that's surely handy.

Thanks again,

senpai!

ps: I actually have more questions, but I'll save that for later :)

You are welcome. I have no idea if I could answer with a few words as I do not know your level of knowledge.

I was afraid if I answer simply with 'Exposure and adjustments mostly' would be clear enough. I have noticed through the years that every graphic artist has their own way of working on and using Photoshop and tricks. You might find a different way, as there are many ways to reach the blending. But yeah, I just thought I will go ahead and post a tutorial with the risk I would make it even more confusing xD..

Whenever you have questions, shout them. (:

Hi again,

I wanna request a tutorial specifically for fonts. I admired all your embossed fonts you used in your gfx. Often I found gfx maker asking for us newbie to avoid using bevel & emboss filter for fonts. But you nailed this one! And I really wanna know how you do it, so I can try myself later. I can wait for the tutorial, thanks!

Oh.. hm. That is a long topic. '_']>

When I am in a hurry I usually use ready text styles. But when I work with typography and effects..it takes some time. Especially if something fancy. Have you ever attempted to work with typography? I mean, it is easy to cheat and it is different to know something and to cheat in something. So I assume you want to learn, not to cheat and 'download ready to use text effects'. So that is why I am asking if you have ever attempted to work on typography? And if you did, care to show me what you consider your best work? (: Just so I can see your typography-level. Else I might waste time explaining stuff you already know and in return - getting you bored. XD.

No, I haven't attempted any typography gfx before. My best shot was go & find fancy fonts & tried making use of them. I read a few tuts on typography tho. But I haven't yet found the one that I can really follow & learn from. I'm not aiming for something like how to make shattered glass effect or something like that but hoping for simple but still gives out a nice final looks. Ah I'm not making sense again huu..

in case it does not load,

Keflc1T.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, again. May I request another tutorial? :D

I want to know how you do a monochrome graphics (like those winter banners). How did you do it? I can totally wait, so no rush. Please & thanks so much!

The current winter banners... hopefully the Yuuri Katsuki one. I want to know how you colour it so that it has monochrome colour. It looks pretty & soft. I hope to achieve something like that.

in case the image doesn't load,

qJegfuq.png

xjjcE84.gif

this is more than what i'd hoped for. thanks

! i will surely learn something new in here. thanks again : )