BL recommendations for a newbie!

mmilaa

Hiiiiiiii

Ok so I've watched a few BL movies, and after watching Love Sick I kinda got obsessed (also, yaoi mangas and animes helped lmao)

So, since I've just started and I haven't watched many, I was wondering which series/movies you would recommend for a newbie like me...

I prefer happy endings, and the more kisses the better, amirite friends?

anyways, thanks in advance to all of you

This is what I've seen so far:

- Love Sick The Series

- Addicted

- Counterattack

- Love's Coming

- Love of Siam (cried like a baby why u doin this to me)

- My Bromance

- Like Love (I loved this one)

- Takumi-kun 1 and 2

edit: I forgot about Waterboyy (one of my favs and the reason I watched love sick) and I just finished takumi-kun pure, omfg those kiss scenes (to be completely honest I watched the kiss scenes on youtube before so............. but still watching it in the movie is better xd)

I'm currently watching: Make it Right the series and a chinese web drama, something with 10 lol I cant remember the name

pd: I consider myself a newbie but I think I watched a considerable amount of bl movies and series lmao all of this in one weekend what am I doing with my life

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mmilaa

• rixx

• Naomi

kekeke welcome to the blackhole that is BL ^.^

Definitely finish all five Takumi-kun movies!!

I guess the drama with 10 is Yandaxie?

Grey Rainbow is a good thai BL movie, sentimental with a hint of skinship. Actually....nearly any Thai BL movie/drama is good to watch, same can be said of the Japanese ones. Although I would err more to the ones recently produced, say from '03 onwards. Chinese BL dramas/movies are a bit hit or miss.

OH OH for a cute one (although some people seem to hate it), the Japanese movie duo, Seven Days!

kekeke welcome to the blackhole that is BL ^.^

Definitely finish all five Takumi-kun movies!!

I guess the drama with 10 is Yandaxie?

Grey Rainbow is a good thai BL movie, sentimental with a hint of skinship. Actually....nearly any Thai BL movie/drama is good to watch, same can be said of the Japanese ones. Although I would err more to the ones recently produced, say from '03 onwards. Chinese BL dramas/movies are a bit hit or miss.

OH OH for a cute one (although some people seem to hate it), the Japanese movie duo, Seven Days!

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Thanks for replying!

I might finish all takumi-kun movies someday...

After posting this I sort of kept on watching anything that I found on youtube honestly hahaha including Seven Days, sooooo good I had to go read the manga too! Why would anyone hate it what!! (I can now consider myself pretty knowledgeable in BL dramas lol)

I'm currently watching that chinese web drama, no10 yandaixie, and a thai drama, make it right the series.

I wanted to watch Grey Rainbow but I read the ending is sad so......I dont know if I'm ready hahaha

Anyways, thanks!

The ones I'd recommend, you've already seen haha. But I recommend to you upcoming series from this year. I've seen the trailers + summaries + cast and I have a good feeling of anticipation for these three in general. They include:

(The trailer in the link for Round Trip to Love doesn't work, so I suggest Youtube searching it, or I can do it for you if you want.)

[Click each link for redirect to official thread, which includes trailers, etc.]

The ones I'd recommend, you've already seen haha. But I recommend to you upcoming series from this year. I've seen the trailers + summaries + cast and I have a good feeling of anticipation for these three in general. They include:

(The trailer in the link for Round Trip to Love doesn't work, so I suggest Youtube searching it, or I can do it for you if you want.)

[Click each link for redirect to official thread, which includes trailers, etc.]

thanks!! I've been stalking those threads for a while now lol I watched the Uncontrolled Love bts and I'm really looking forward to that one :cuteonion41:

Uncontrolled Love is a must (starts airing June 28)!! Definitely read the novel if you get the chance, I have a feeling the drama won't stay very close to the story though...it gets pretty graphic in the novel xD the angst is real.

As for Grey Rainbow:

It is sort of sad, but sort of not? It's tear jerking but not all out bawling quite yet ^.^

I'm glad you liked Seven Days though~ some people didn't like the acting, not quite sure why. I found their awkwardness cute =D

Another drama to look out for is one that starts airing today, Love is More than a Word is a historic BL drama. It looks pretty good in trailer but we'll have to see how it goes.