Shadowhunters TV series

Esther27

Hi everyone! Have you seen the Shadowhunters TV series? I like Malec (Magnus + Alec ) the most :D

Also, I want to ask if someone has read the books and if the books are good :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Esther27

• Bloodysadist

• Miss RED

• Demonic_Cultivator

Hello there. I am a high fan of Shadowhunters. I also love Malec and maybe that's one of the less reasons that holds me to keep watching the TV series. I am kinda disappointed at how things turned out, how are the actors playing and such, but Magnus and Alec are good. I like them. Also Izzy. She is hot, I must admit.

As for the books, I've read the first two and, well you can check them out. But let me say, the Malec moments aren't that much yet and both the movie that came out.. two years ago, was it, as well as the TV series are waaay different. Also I read the spin off for Magnus right now and I truly recommend that book as well. ^^

I've finished reading ALL of the books series, including the excerpts, extras and deleted scene from the books on Cassie's official site. I've bought all of the books and hardcover, yes it was that good.

There are a lot of books published by the author (with the latest being The Lady Midnight.

Spoiler alert [High Level]:

But if you ask me which one I love the most its Tales From The Shadowhunters Academy which mainly about Simon after he becomes a mundane again and after approached by Magnus and Izzy, decides to become a shadowhunters and get his memories back.

And yes, Malec was the reason why I'd started reading the books. But then somehow the story got me intrigued and the books itself becomes the reason for me to continued reading :)

Thanks for sharing your opinions with me

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and
, both help me a lot :)

You are very welcome. ^^ I hope that you will share your opinion if you start reading the books or watch the TV series.

and
, recently I began to read to first book (City of Bones), and I have to say that it's quite interesting! Before I started the book, I saw the first season of the TV series. Well, in the TV series the characters of Alec, Magnus and Isabelle are quite good, of course, but I think I prefer the books xD Also, I prefer the Jace from the books instead of the character of the TV series. The Jace from the books is funny ;)

Hahah you did? Wah, the first book is my favorite for now to be honest. And yeah, I think so the same like you. Also, agree that Clairy is better in the books then the TV series? ^^

Of course! Her personality in the books is more interesting! Although one of the things I like the most from the first book is the way the character of Alec is described and his behaviour towards Clary and Jace. In the TV series they try to show the same, but in the book is more powerful. What is your favourite character in Shadowhunters? :)

I love Shadowhunters! Especially Malec. I just saw the book at the bookstore the other day. Wish I could've picked it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you read the books, you will enjoy them. Altough the film and the tv series are quite different from the books

Maybe sometime in the future. I've got too many books to finish up at the moment.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. ^^ To be honest even though the TV series are so much different, especially the ending, I somehow liked it. Though, I think they kinda mixed first and second book..

As for my favorite character: Magnus and Isabelle.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite character is Magnus, although I like Isabelle as well ;)

Hahah we all like Magnus for who he is, hmm? XD

• 1 year later...

I didn't really like the tv series; after watching the movie with different actors, I thought it left a lot to be desired, I only watched two episodes because the acting was too forced and over dramatic! Does it get better?

I've read the books and they are such an amazing read! They are definitely worth the buy! ^^

• 1 month later...

I AM OBSESSED WITH SHADOWHUNTERS!!!

I of course mainly watch for Malec. The first season was difficult to watch cause Katherine's acting, lets be honest. It's not that great, however acting skills have improved in the 2nd season and I still thoroughly enjoy watching the tv show.