[2016] Addicted (aka Heroin) Web Series 上瘾网络剧

Maya Hideyuki

There is going to be another BL drama release based on another novel by Chai Jidan (author of Counterattack) called "Addicted". The series revovles around the characters Bai Luo Yin (random trivia: His name means "White Heroin" in Chinese), Gu Hai, Yang Meng and You Qi. I have not read through the Chinese novel to know more about this novel, but don't worry, my team will be releasing the translated novel soon ^^

Main Cast Photo:

245ap9f.jpg

(From L -> R: Gu Hai, Bai Luo Yin, Yang Meng, You Qi)

Cast Photo:

nqp2p.jpg

You may watch the full trailer below:

[video=youtube;8XORAd-fMS8]

Translations to updates from the actors, Chai Jidan and more from Addicted can be found here:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Other footage related to Addicted can be viewed on this YouTube channel:

Translations to the novel + a surprise will be posted by my team:

aegyo.me/justblthings

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ydk.mi69

• Sloan

• GingerCake

• kyhfan14

Top Posters In This Topic

You did it! Yay! Thanks, Chi!

122.gif

If you're a fan of CounterAttacks, then I think you would like this also. Since it was written by same author.

Can't wait till we all get together here once the novel/series are aired and fangurl stuff!!

This would be a wonderful place to discuss the actors, especially the story. If you have weibo (I just signed up like two days ago >_

Xu Weizhou who plays Bao Luo Yin is

'Johnny' Huang Jingyou who plays Gu Hai is

Chen Wen as Yang Meng

Lin Feng Song as You Qi

Like Maya said, there will be updates, providing you links to the novel and the series WHENEVER possible. They can get really busy! All on FB. It is frequently updated, so keep checking it out!

Big thanks to Maya and her teams via FB!!

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-040.gif

I'm so in love of Counterattack, specially the relation between the two actors that I dying to watch this new show ! The trailer makes me so eager :Frustrated: Thanks a lot Sloan for this topic :Playful:

I'm glad to hear that! It's awesome that we have two great shows, airing different times. To keep us entertained. Really smart! They chose great casts for both series!

The first season isn't even out yet and look how these guys are! LOL!

Makes me wonder how they met. (Like I know that Dayu and Dachi met at school.)

No problem~ I am going to release Chapter 1 of the novel tomorrow btw :v Y'all can look forward to that hehe

---

Btw, random fact, the guy who plays Gu Yang (actor: Wang Yu) is Wang Qing's cousin :vv He was also in Counterattack, as Guo Chengyu's assistant. (It hasn't been mentioned around here so yeah hahaha)

ilaxp2.jpg

2q8q9lg.jpg

Oh! Where is it, where is it! AHHH!!!! Let me read it!!!! (hugs)

Also, I made some GIFs from video above, hahaha.

Can't help but notice this! Johnny wants to stroke a little of the gem. Hehe

gem.gif

Look closely....

1.gif

bwahahahaha

Show affection.... mutual hate ah!

1.gif

I love the two! Immaturity of these guys just grows on me.

AH never mind ^^; I saw you just posted the link. I was asking because it had been a couple days... THANK YOU THANK YOU! Whoo!!!

The chapter was quite short! Haha!

Btw, random fact, the guy who plays Gu Yang (actor: Wang Yu) is Wang Qing's cousin :vv He was also in Counterattack, as Guo Chengyu's assistant. (It hasn't been mentioned around here so yeah hahaha)

I'm afraid I don't remember him!! I need to watch CounterAttacks again... But I did recognize the guy next to him (in the banner picture) Cousins, ah! Really nice networking there... Wonder how did they cast Johnny and Weizhou. Hehe, I like that everyone is within hand reach of each other.. ^_^

Oh! Also.... are the fans calling Weizhou: 'Timmy', 'Whale'? I saw some fans compare them with this....? LOL!!

278D315300000578-3038281-image-a-1_1429010155336.jpg

I don't think it's needed to say which is Johnny and Weizhou, lol.

Yeah xD I've watched Counterattack 4 times already, I didn't notice him til the 4th time I watched the series lmao

And yeah, that's so cute, isn't it? ;3; I believe Whale is Johnny though

---

Ah, and btw, I have posted links to the novel

~ Enjoy!

Though I prefer Counterattack I still want to see this new series since Wang Yu will be in the story XD

He was so good-looking during the fanmeet at Shanghai XD

Hah

who picked on me about my sig in games section. :p By calling me heroin and addicted. Yes, yes I am! Allow me to explain why!

Paper sisters, paper brothers!!! ||| \( ̄▽ ̄; )/ |||

I became hooked with Chinese BL dramas after Counterattack. Their episodes were already out when I first saw it. So that's why I wasn't there. But now I am here, keeping my eyes on this series closely! And it'd be very interesting if Counterattack fans and Addicted fans come together, kinda like Chai Jidan fanclub! and share their ideas and insights on the power couples.

So get this....Counterattack is incredibly popular and successful, right? I totally get why fans absolutely love and adore Dayu/Dachi. But not many fans are being recruited. Why? Well 2, maybe 3 possible reasons. 1) Novel is not translated 2) Drama not aired yet 3) the relationship between Johnny and Weizhou is NOTHING like Dayu and Dachi? Well come on, diversity man!!!

Well, I decided to sign up for Weibo and followed a few people based on this drama to get more information. Because the information is limited... but here are some interesting stuff~

Thanks to Counterattack's success or Addicted probably wouldn't get greenlit? But- but get this. I was talking to a fan from China about this series... Obviously right now, Counterattack has a LOT of fans compared to this one but Chai Jidan and team said that in proportion, there are more male fans than Counterattack.

Let that sink for a bit there...

There are MORE MALE FANS for Addicted than Counterattack! Now this is huge. Huge!

Kinda made me go huh? The story must be good. ಠ_ಠ

And also she told me by the chat transcripts and interviews with Chai Jidan, that there would be more than 20 EPISODES! Over 20!!! Counterattack only has 8, excluding bonuses, etc... Although, the only available source is the first chapter of the novel, which just got translated a few days ago. So I have no idea how the length would be like. It might surpass Counterattack... who knows. But I don't think anything will surpass the wonderful relationship Dayu and Dachi has together. However, it could be just a matter of personal taste. For example, I like how Johnny/Weizhou are very different from Dayu/Dachi.

Plus Johnny, who plays Guhai has no acting experience and Jidan is exceptionally fond of him.

So that's why I am really excited and looking forward to the performances being done by these actors. I enjoy the benefits of communicating with fans from China and get the information first hand and about to witness this series into a big success. Who wouldn't want to see that?? (◕‿◕✿)

It's astonishing! It's amazing to see China making these BL dramas. Just like Thailand. And they're doing incredibly well and better than the Japanese counterpart. They exceeded our expectations, almost every time.

So I hope Ive given enough reasons to be more interested in this series, tehehe! I mean, if no one is interested, then there won't be a demand for the novel to be translated at all. We need and WANT this project to push through!

Actually, if you're a fan of Counterattack, there's NO REASON for you NOT to be... ADDICTED to this one as well, bwahahahaha! Just kidding!!

Love you all.

Awesome!!! (hugs!)

I am just going to throw in some info (I'm not sure if their ages were mentioned before. If did, oops, my bad!!):

'Johnny' Huang Jingyu born in 1992 (24 this year)

Xu Weizhou born in 1994 (22 this year)

Chen Wen born 1995 (21 this year)

the youngest, Feng Song... born 1996 (20 this year)

All of them live in Shanghai right now.

From Chai Jidan:

Johnny is very hard to wake up so it is only Weizhou's job to wake him up....

They sleep together on same bed!!!!

(I'm not sure how this happens! LOL)

I got some basic ideas on the novel. (I wish I could read Chinese! T___T) Please correct me if I'm wrong. A friend tried to explain a bit.

Basically, Guhai and BaiLuo are seniors. Guhai really likes him and gets jealous when BaiLuo's ex comes around. Ermm... stuff happens... Guhai really got a mean dad who wants to separate them. The story is divided into two parts though... One here in school and the other one is 8 years later when BaiLuo becomes a pilot and Guhai becomes a businessman. (So you might see pictures of them in these uniforms) So hopefully that helps get the idea from the trailer. (Though I don't know where's this ex is~ I don't see 'her' in trailer)

Hah!

you're totally under Addicted's Charm aren't you *laugh*

I can see how much excited you are about this so.... YEAH, I'M SOLD! Beside its that gif of yours that made me interested in Addicted in the first place. That 'look at how fast his hands are going' or something sounds like that LOL

Lol I got no time to fangirl about them at all bc always busy subbing and all, sorry 'bout that. Trying to keep all my pages alive.

That's good to know tho

I know a lot of people want to read the novel really, really, really, (I'm not even exaggerating) REALLY badly, but again, please understand the nature of work my team has. Not only do we do novel translating, but also subbing and manga-translating as well, and we are busy right now with all of those. All of my time goes to all of those and I apologize if the releases will be slow.

I got a lot of other things comin' up for Addicted, so do stay tuned with those. If you read my post well, my team will be releasing ~a surprise~ which I'm not exposing that 'til its release (lmao)

For questions regarding the actors/series feel free to PM me or the

(although they're more active than I am) I have also talked to them with regards to the drama's synopsis and character information, they will post those soon as well.

UPDATE~

English-subbed short versions of the OSTs! The full versions will be out by the end of January most-likely.

"Walk Slowly" by Xu Weizhou

"Because of the Sea" by Xu Weizhou and Johnny (Huang Jingyu)

Credit to Addicted Web Series Facebook for subbing these ;3;

I am so baffled by how fast you guys subbed these videos. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also glad to hear a lot of people are interested in the novel too...

Hey, I am always here to keep this thread alive too! Don't worry!

And I thought by doing this, will give you more time to work on your other projects too. ^^;;

Oh! (blushes) silly gifs I made.

:cuteonion57: But it's true! His hands were so fast. They had A LOT of rehearsals!!!

This is my favorite rehearsal video, oh!!! Johnny, staaaaaaap!!! Weizhou's fragile 哈哈哈哈哈哈

(I included playlist also so you can see other rehearsals, misc videos too!) Tehehhe.

*laugh*

I already watched most of the rehearsal XDDD Oh god! Even the interviews etc... this year gonna be eventful!

Thank you so much for all the details I understood so much better after reading your posts! I luv you!!!! :Excited:

Thanks for English subbed OSTs! :Gangnam:

And I admit I stalk this thread! :In love:

oh!

My bad!! Haha. You can understand chinese? (I saw that you read Counterattack in Chinese) You know, there's always a need for a translator!

Oh my, that video where they asked Johnny if he has kissed Weizhou. He confidently said he did. And then they asked Weizhou but he just replied with a grunt.... and that face of defeat. LOL! I wonder what they really meant by that. Did they mean like, behind scenes (during non-rehearsal) Oh my! I want to know if they did it with tongue, OH! Hahahahaha. The caption that ran across said something like oh this is what they do off-shooting, then they show them making-out (neck) on the bed. Yeah right!

Whoever made that is such a tease.

I almost feel bad for Weizhou because not only the whale loves to tackle him but also try attack him with lips, oh... And Weizhou's face is like, "you just never know... I better watch my ass!!" (¬△¬)

((((((ノ゚⊿゚)ノbuH!

Lol I want to help translate the novel too but then life is quite busy with my studies and internship. Even if I learned chinese, Counterattack is still quite hard to read since the novel used a lot of Beijing-slang.

But yeah, I read the Heroin/Addicted novel (just a glance though) for the second part (where they already out of school) and lol you're in for a treat

. That is, if they decide to include those scenes in the web series.

LOl, they won't include the second part in the first season so I'd have to wait two years to find out. Unless I read it.. T___T Beijing localism not good start D: . I don't know ANYONE from there. Mostly Shanghai and south like Guangzhou. >_

(Though I heard there is rape in the story and Guhai is emotional QAQ!!)

I also heard jokes about BaiLuo's dad using a piles ointment for everything.

Hey, hey, how about pictures?? I like these~~

Ok, This. is just... LOL Johnny's second last post from Weibo

7695a96djw1ezs93i6zd7j20qo0xcaey.jpg

006iCOe1jw1ezs99z1kbrj30qo0qojwr.jpg

Grabs ass, ah!

Probably very old picture but wow! Johnny looks different in many angles. Nice fashion taste. He's totally into modeling. ... Oh his eyes! I love his eyes!

005KZcp1jw1ezv9siikp5j30hs0hsq5j.jpg

And Weizhou.... this doesn't even look like him. I like his hair up, hehehe. Those lips... Chuu~~

12341584_422146597981497_6620906692786650362_n.jpg

Keep up the good fitness, guys. Fight0~~~!! Johnny, do more push-ups haha (his arms baby whale). Zhouzhou do sit-ups XD XD XD

Some of the direct translate won't even makes sense lol

I haven't read that far up yet but ugh I really don't like the 'raping' scene. Usually would skip that part. But LOL oh god the ointment hahahahahahaha ouch my stomach hurts.