• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Torpid

• Boboya

• kyhfan14

• medzchi

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there English subs for the uncut version of this show? Could someone send me a link?

If you go back like 2 pages, you'll be able to find all the links to the uncut versions. *

PS- No matter how much times i watch this series/movie, I never get tired of it! The cinematography is just so damn good.

The acting visibly improves along with the chemistry of the two main leads. If only westernize media recognized international cinema. Such a pity.

So i've watched this series like twice already and i love it so much it's one of my favorite shows. i'm so in love with the characters, the plot, the actors, the whole thing. :Excited: also how much are the dvd's going for if anybody knows?

Can anyone please tell me what Qing says at 2:15 when the host asks why he rejected all his potential lovers? and then wants to know if it is due to Dayu? I mean it is subbed but I still wanna know how accurate the sub is.

[video=youtube;v2Z-pbpTfcY]

OMG did Wang Qing kiss Dayu for real.. out of nowhere?? Can somebody please explain this video to me?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCUpCXbxbI&index=2&list=PLy-7uSflKmpro0uytAvOMDfyEPTpPgZC0

These bts kill me. Tell me QingYu is for real.

kBiPKvP.gif

ckQslTm.gif

- - - Updated - - -

For someone who didn't already know,

Here are the links for the full Counterattack novel translation:

Chapter 1-17:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Chapter 18 onwards:

Hey, does anyone know where I can purchase the DVD for Counterattack Web Series if I am currently in Europe?

Thanks for your reply's :)

Hi! I'm not sure you can buy the DVD anymore? China has been upping their censoring of stuff and I read somewhere that all sales of BL titles are halted and they've been taken off the shelves. If this is wrong I hope someone has a link to some place beside Taobao to purchase because I've given up on figuring out that website.

Does anyone know how/if the ban on Addicted/Heroin and the new censoring laws are affecting this series? Since these two titles are alternating then filming should have already started for season 2 right? Since Addicted Season 2 is hopefully supposed to start filming in May.

On a more cheerful note the Counterattack International Fans Youtube channel just uploaded the long version of the music video This Summer with English subtitles. It's like a mini movie.~~~

It is over. Depiction of homosexuality and other abnormal or otherwise questionable behaviors(drinking, smoking, drugs, etc.) is now forbidden. It is over for any BL show in China. Web-dramas are affected by this law. This means that unless they move production outside mainland, there will be no continuation. Also, if you still have hope keep in mind that content that is "indirectly related to sex" is also forbidden, be it kissing/insinuating that two men are going to/have kissed/sex, etc. Considering that CounterAttack is all about those "ugly" themes(abuse of power, negative character as one of the leads, love between men, main lead pretends to be gay to take revenge on girl, the other lead is vulgar), this show is over. The ban will be enforced in this particular case, I am certain.

The ban on Addicted has already been enforced. The show has been disappearing from streaming services/VOD sites/TV/social networks/social messenger groups/etc. I just hope production will really move to Taiwan in case of Addicted. And in case of CounterAttack, we don't know, yet. We'll have to follow the FB page and see what happens.

Guys,

今夏(Summer) has been released with eng subs on

It's a short movie connected to the

from November last year.

Both, Feng Jianyu & Wang Qing, appear as leads. ^^

UPDATE: opened a new thread in BL Drama Downloads and linked the movie—

Even if they ban gay shows, they cannot ban something like "The Summer". Such a heartwarming tale of love. No one can deny QingYu's love came across so clearly in that mini movie. In fact, they said it is based of their own lives that summer. And Qing says "This Summer" will be continued, whatever he meant by that.

Even if they ban gay shows, they cannot ban something like "The Summer". Such a heartwarming tale of love. No one can deny QingYu's love came across so clearly in that mini movie. In fact, they said it is based of their own lives that summer. And Qing says "This Summer" will be continued, whatever he meant by that.

Don't bet your money on it!

The movie features homosexual themes and has already been removed from Weibo. No way they are gonna leave it alone. This year will be a bad year for the Chinese movie industry. Sadly, nobody cares if it is a heartwarming tale of love or a tale about reincarnating unicorns. Oh, wait, the latter is also illegal now.

Ummm... didn't they think about moving production abroad?

Even if they did, that doesn't solve the problem for the people inside China. :Sleepy:

Why would China create these types of laws? its 2016, i thought we were past this shit.

While I agree that this is stupid, your logic is wrong. Reality in China is simply different and there's no way around it, gotta get used to how things are in China. The gov is currently on a conservative path thanks to Xi Jinping who's doing his best to annoy people. Xi Jinping is a setback for the country, but that's OK. I am actually happy he's been appointed to the office. He's positively annoying, showing people how shitty and ridiculous his values are. hahaha The old need to die, the young are annoyed.

I am annoyed as fuck. :Sleepy:

Anyone know if Counterattack will continue production in Taiwan? That's what I thought Addicted is doing, and since they have the same creator, why not?

It is over. Depiction of homosexuality and other abnormal or otherwise questionable behaviors(drinking, smoking, drugs, etc.) is now forbidden. It is over for any BL show in China. Web-dramas are affected by this law. This means that unless they move production outside mainland, there will be no continuation. Also, if you still have hope keep in mind that content that is "indirectly related to sex" is also forbidden, be it kissing/insinuating that two men are going to/have kissed/sex, etc. Considering that CounterAttack is all about those "ugly" themes(abuse of power, negative character as one of the leads, love between men, main lead pretends to be gay to take revenge on girl, the other lead is vulgar), this show is over. The ban will be enforced in this particular case, I am certain.

The ban on Addicted has already been enforced. The show has been disappearing from streaming services/VOD sites/TV/social networks/social messenger groups/etc. I just hope production will really move to Taiwan in case of Addicted. And in case of CounterAttack, we don't know, yet. We'll have to follow the FB page and see what happens.

I've heard about this! I'm a big fan of Addicted but there's no update in the fanpage thread *sighh*

I heard they will start shooting for season 2 in april or may, will this shooting be done outside China? More importantly, is it true? Will they really continue the series? Moving the production outside China would cost a lot, so i've been kinda pessimistic.

I really hope they will continue the series tho! Even if they have to shoot it outside China...

Even when This Summer was released, I found it interesting how they described it in interview (:38-:56)

WQ: Let’s first talk about the theme of our “This Summer.” Our “This Summer” is to build a harmonious society.

Host: Quite old-fashioned, isn't it?

WQ: Yup. Yes. No smoking and protecting animals, all for a better future for China. We had a positive outlook on it.

Host: great, we must strongly promote that idea.

Which seems like how you would talk about movies with gay themes during the Hays Code in the States (IE emphasize how it is totally about something patriotic or "respectable") :/

I'm also curious what other's thought of this later interview, because it does seem to be subtly addressing the changes in regulations (1:35 to end)

(text from important bits)

Host: We don’t know whether the relationship from the drama could happen in real life. But if you still want to see them being lovey dovey on screen, it might not happen.

WQ: This matter… I will say it one more time, if I ever do this again, it has to be with Dayu, it must be the both of us, no matter drama or movie, but maybe the outcome will not be the same anymore. I insist on this matter. Because I always have this thought with me. My mind is already set.

Dayu: It’s the same for me too, if I have to do this again, I will only do it with him. But if I were given another chance to re-do the web series, probably it won’t be the same. Because the mindset we have from the beginning and now are…

WQ (interrupts): The mindset is still the same, but the attitude is different now.

Dayu: Right, our mindset is the same, but the view is already changed. I think for now…

WQ: That’s the reason this door is (pantomimes a door closing while making the sound of a door shutting)

On page 17 people were just talking about it. The second season was supposed to air this coming summer, but there are no updates yet and production hasn't started. Because of new regulations in China, which ban all depictions of queer relationships on TV dramas, there is a very real chance a second season will never be made : (

Wang Qing in his usual protective fatherly avatar, casually telling fans not to wait for him outside the hotel. I want him so much. Ughh.

Brace yourself guys. A truck load of Qing's birthday picture are going to come. But here is a teaser picture and guess who the special guest is?

Tlvessi.jpg

Here is QingYu, on Qingge's Birthday. Nothing is more real than Jian Yu and Qing's love for each other. And Wang Qing made sure that it is kept a secret till the last moment. Haha.

X6wCv7O.jpg

uLeJyYb.jpg

m5MCX2J.jpg

Y3T83C1.jpg

ccEXt5c.jpg

eERjYrE.jpg

5Ugbmds.jpg

s9Dioxb.jpg

QVVunHW.jpg

Q8QPoQf.jpg

T4DQFiv.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Some birthday party conversation snippets from yesterday/today:

Ma Song: Qing Ge has trained alot recently. Ask Feng Jian Yu if you all don't believe, he is the only one who sees it. WQ: (cough) His body isn't that well recently.. Nothing to do with me...

Wang Qing: At the right timing, filmed a right drama, and met the right person

(After Wang Qing finished singing "Ten Years", ost of "The Lost Tomb") Host: Relax relax! It's a birthday celebration.

WQ: ....

Host: I know you think of FJY when you sang this song so you feel like crying.

WQ: I wouldn't cry when I think of him!

Host: I know you are excited when you think of him.

WQ: No! I feel boring when think of him (in a low voice)

Qing's weibo update:

Wang Qing: If there's any danger happen, I will be the first one who will be the shield, standing in front of Feng Jianyu

Dayu's weibo update

Dayu: I probably can't assure you about your safety but I hope this present that I give you can assure your safety / keep your safe.

What does this mean? What do these protecting each other updates mean? please tell me. Please, please, please. #FangirlingSoHard

I am fangirling for last 15 minutes since I saw these pics. Ahh, #satisfaction.

Also, it is funny that Qing is almost revolting against the Chinese government decision by making Dayu the highlight of his birthday. He really loves him, huh?