Has anyone read 'In These Words'?

ahrielle_xx

So I recently just read the last 3 chapters, 10 to 12 and I am really confused as to what just happened? first of all, I still don't know who the killer is, 2nd of all why was there a jump between chapters 8 to 9 (I thought it would be clarified in the later chapters but it wasn't. when katsuya realised the guy wasn't actually the serial killer who had kidnapped him but was the detective who is investigating the murders, and then it cuts to chapter 9 where they're meeting for the first time and he asks katsuya for his help with the crime...what was that all about exactly and why wasn't the ending of chapter 8 every clarified)and is there going to be a third volume or is this it?

I am just really confused and slightly annoyed as to how this is the end (if it is the end). If someone can explain to me like the progression of this manga I would greatly appreciate it because I am really confused right now and it's slightly annoying me -_-

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueNeon

• ahrielle_xx

• Ayakashiu

• Princess Ayesha

Katsuya seems to be the only victim alive of a serial killer - who felt simpathy for him (the guy with black hair Katsuya suddenly remembered in chap 8); the actions in chapters 9 and 10 happened before those from chapter one, when Katsuya met Shinohara and planned all that act of re-living the same experience to remember the real killer's identity. In the end he got to believe Shinohara was the killer, but I think all this mental confusion has something to do with those pills he was taking during the 'interviews'.

ahhh ok, I thought so

but does that mean then that we never find the true identity of the killer and that chapter 12 was the end of the manga?

• 3 weeks later...

wait what, so there are more?!?!? but on their website they're only selling up to chapter 12. so how many chapters are there?!?!? is it the one called 'wrapped around your finger' or is it just called 'chapter 13'

(sorry for the really late reply :3, please don't hate me >.

That's because they're still working on chap 13. There are 12 chapters officially released. Wrapped around your finger is actually the chapter 9.5, but technically only a side story between 9 and 10.

aaaaaaaahhhhh ok, that makes sense. because if it ended on chapter 12 that would have been one of the worst endings in living history lol

but now that I know there will be more, the universe has been put right again

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CLEARING THIS UP FOR ME!!! (。◕‿◕。)

Oh that was one awesome manga! It's one of my favourites, thanks to BlueNeon. ;) And

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I was totally confused too at first and I wanted the next chapter so bad to see what the f*** is actually happening here. XD Really..the story and the art, both brilliant. There aren't a lot of manga that leave such a deep impression. ^^

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...