[*REVIEW*] Sweet pool (18+ BL Game)

Virdian*

Hi guys,

I just finished a BL game called 》Sweet Pool《 and would like to share my personal thoughts and opinions on it.

→ SPOILER WARNING: In case you haven't played sweet pool yet, do not proceed, and play the game before reading this review! ←

~*Story*~

The story acts about a young man who visits high school called Youji. He missed one school year due to abscence while being at hospital because of heart problems. His parents died, and so he receives money from his sister and by working part time. He somehow feels strange because of a student called Tetsuo whom he meets sometimes in school, and a childish acting man called Zenya who draws the whole attention of the school...

If you are a fan of emotional and dragging stories, this is your food. The story was written well and lasted quite long which almost made the whole game feel too streched out. At some moments in the game, I felt like I wasn't proceeding at all, it was more like a gap filler on some ways. One thing that bugged me was that there are no 》good endings《 in this game; Youji dies (I believe) in every single one, and most of them are really cruel - and I am not a fan of bad/cruel endings. But still, this game offers a great and emotional plot, so I'll give a 75% for this part.

~*Characters*~

We have Youji one the one hand, who is rather quiet but still loveable. One the other hand, we have the cheerful Makoto who is more of an opposite to Youji. Then there is Tetsuo, the cold and 》rough《 (yes rough), but totally sexy and protective, which makes him a wannahave Seme ♥ And then there's the crazy guy, Zenya...

Rating: 90%

~*Gameplay*~

Okay, here's the part where IMO the game starts to lack a little bit. You choose a route in the beginning and in the game, there are a few sequences where you have to choose between the blue or red option. Other than that, you have no options of gameplay given, which is sad, because I've kind of expected to experience some more gameplay elements in such a long story.

Rating: 50%

~*Music // Voice acting*~

The music was refreshing in sweet pool. Although being repeated often and therefore not a huge amount of soundtracks, it never got me bored. The voice acting was clear and fitted to the corresponding character.

Rating: 80%

~*Technical // patch*~

The game is easy to install, just follow the steps on the downloading threads (confirmed working on Windows 7, 64 bit). Unfortunately, the first file I saved could not be opened anymore for some error (haven't found any fix/solution to this), so I had to start a second save file. The english patch is translated very well, with some passages still being displayed in Japanese, but nothing too harmful.

Rating: 70%

~*Overall Rating*~

~ 73%

For people who love long and emotional, also sad, stories, this could be an interesting option to look at. But for someone like me who adores happy endings, it was more than heartbreaking. At least one good ending should have been added with.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virdian*

• sarah3161

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree about your review about the sad ending... and how it could've been a GREAT game if it had more routes

I liked Tetsuo VERY much. However, I wished he was a little more expressionist. He barely talks. Which is sad because I found the voice actor very sexy ;)

This game was actually the second BL game I played .and I liked it ^_^

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this game