Drifter (18+)

Senketsu

Summary: Ena Axis was a normal girl until an accident caused her to lose her parents but she also gained something that changed her life forever. Now Ena constantly travels seeking those who need the help of a Drifter.

Disclaimer: Hi this is my 1st time posting a thread and 1st time posting my story anywhere! So feedback is welcomed^.^...just try not to be to harsh. Based off the feedback, I'll know whether to continue to post the story. Thanks for reading! :_red_fox 13

Random places with random faces. This was Ena's life as a Drifter city to city, motel to motel. It's been this way every since she found out how much she could help people. Ena always new what she was and how all the normal people react to people like her. Ena wasn't always a Drifter, it happened when she was 7. Ena and her parents where driving home late one night. They were just coming back from a camping trip when a car smashed through the center divider and hitting their car. The impact knocked their car over the right side of the road and caused it to roll several times. Ena woke up dazed and confused. As Ena struggled to see clearly, she blinked a couple of times then saw her parents standing together outside the car through her smashed window. They were just standing there smiling softly, like nothing had happened. All Ena could think was why weren't they helping her. Ena crawled out of the wreck and limped over to her parents.[Ena's Mom]:"Come on sweetie we have to go." Ena's mom spoke calmly as she and her father started to walk away, but Ena stopped when she noticed was something very wrong with the way they looked. Her mom had a deep slash on the left side of her chest and her right arm was severely burned. Ena's dad had blood dripping down one side of his face, his arm was broken and there was glass stuck in his neck. Ena was terrified at this sight but happy her parent were there. Their appearance wasn't the only thing that was odd. They were shimmering, almost letting off a light. Ena started to continue walking to them when she got searing pain that pulled her backwards. Ena looked back to see a blue glowing tether of some sort connected to her and the car. [Ena]:"Mom, dad Help! It hurts! P-Please do something" she screamed. Her parents walked over to her but did nothing. Then her dad spoke with tears in his eyes, [Ena's Dad]:"Listen Kitty, you have to calm down...everything is going to be ok. Your mother and I love you very much and we always will, but we have to go and...you...you can't come with us.[Ena]: "What?! dad n-no please I.." [Ena's Dad]: "Kitty please, you have to listen there isn't much time. Your mother and I..we...we have to go, but I promise we will always be with you" Then they started walking off. Ena started Screaming as she was being dragged back to the car wreck. [Ena]:"Mommy!...Daddy! p-please don't go...please don't leave me." But her parents had disappeared. She was a couple of feet away from the mangled car when she saw were the tether was coming from. Ena was stunned when she saw that the tether was coming from herself, It was her body. Ena looked at herself as she was still buckled in hanging upside down and unconscious in the car. Now inside of the car getting pulled closer and closer to her body Ena looked to the front seats and saw her parents. At that moment she knew...they were gone. But they didn't abandon her like she thought. That was all she could remember about that night.The next morning she woke up in the hospital to the news of her parents death. But Ena was not sad because her dad promised her that they were always with her.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senketsu

It's been 14 years since then, Ena now travels around looking for people who need help from a Drifter. Before that is was bouncing around through the foster care system until she got enough courage to try to fend for herself. She has been on her own since she was 15, but has only been helping people for 3 years. Ena now finds herself in a small town of Briggs located in Idaho. She has been in Briggs for a month now, she got a small part-time job as a waitress in the local diner. It was a way to make money and to hear the towns gossip. Working in diners was Ena's method of finding drifter jobs. Although Ena really didn't think of being a drifter as a "job". She doesn't get payed for her Drifting work nor does she have to do it. She liked helping people get closure and it was also her way of making others happy. She had been getting information little by little for the past week. It was Tuesday, the slowest of the work days. [Mrs. Witner]:"Ena dear, may I have another cup of coffee ?" Hearing this Ena snapped out of her daydream. [Ena]:"Why yes you may Mrs. Witner, two cremes and one sugar right?" Mrs. Witner was a nice old woman that came in every day for breakfest,lunch, and dinner. [Mrs. Witner]:"Oh, you sweet girl you remebered, yes two cremes and one sugar". Mrs. Witner replied was a suprised yet happy look on her face. Ena walked over with the coffee. [Ena]:"Now be careful this is a fresh pot so it's really hot" Ena said as she sat the cup of coffee down on the table. [Mrs. Witner]:"Oh don't worry about me dear I made it through four Wars and child birth three times, a little hot coffee won't kill me". [Ena]:"Hahahaha, no it won't kill you, but it will hurt like son of bitch" [Mrs. Witner]:"Oh hahaha... yes, I guess it would". After her cup of coffee Mrs. Witner payed her bill and went on her way [Ena]:"See you at dinner time Mrs. Witner!" Ena yelled out the door of the diner. Mrs. Witner waved and nodded in response and then drove off.

Several hours passed and Mrs. Witner had eaten dinner and left. It was getting late when a group of Collage students came in to the diner. Ena listened to their conversation with her back to them. [Jock1]:"Man, I can't wait till Friday" [Jock2]:"Awww yeaaaa" [Jock3]:"Who's house is the party at again?" [Girl1]:"Wow your memory is horrible". As the girl made that comment, Ena walked over to their table with their drinks.[Jock3]:"Shutup Jackie" [Ena]:"Are you ready to order?" [Jock2]:"Yo Ena" [Ena]:"Oh hey Sergi..Err I mean Sergio" Sergi was the first person she met in Briggs, He also was another regular at the diner.[Group]:"Sergi?! BWAHHAHAHA" they all laughed. [sergi]:"Maaan thanks Ena" [Ena]:"Oh uhh I'm so sorr-" [sergi]:"Ena chill I was joking hahaha it's cool" [Jock1]:"Well hello beautiful, Ena right?...you doing anything friday?" [Girl2]:"O.M.G you should like totes go with us!" [sergi]:"Yeah you should Ena!" [Ena]:"Oh uh whats friday?" She had over heard them talking about a party but she didn't want them to know she was listening to them. [Jackie]:"There's gonna be a party on friday at 2049 East Monroe Avenue, you should totally go" [Jock3]:"Wait, it's at the Michaelis house!?" [Ena]:"Whats wrong will the Michaelis house?" [sergi]:"Uhh well nothing really, last may the oldest of the four siblings died. No foul play or anything like that he had a heart condition, It's just a little weird to be in their house because...well he died in his room." A lead! this was what Ena was waiting for! [Ena]:"Oh my god thats so sad" [Girl2]:"I know right like it's so tragic" [sergi]:"Yeah, it's almost been two years and rest of the sibling are trying to move forward so they decided to throw a party after Midterms...So will you come? [Jock1]:"Yeah how about it?" [Jackie]:"Come on it will be fun" [Ena]:"Err...well".

• 5 months later...