見せてどのように感じる (1x1 w/ AlphaZero and ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~)

~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

The Plot:

見せてどのように感じる: Show Me How to Feel

A drifter. Alone in a crowd full of people. A nightmare so beautiful, that one wouldn't want to leave, even though they are being torn limb from limb.

"What is emotion anyways? Is it even a thing? What does it feel like? I wish to know...I wish to feel what humans do..."

It seems as if the world wishes for him to be forever alone, apart from anyone else, eternally cast out from the rest.

And yet, somehow, at the same time, someone wishes to have another, to be there, to be a friend. But what they were wishing for didn't come quite all in one piece. They meet, and at first, it seemed as if his wish had been wasted. But over time, it becomes apparent that Fate has something in store for them both. What is it?

My Character:

A Hidden Heart, Beneath the Mask

anime_10.jpg

General Information:

Name:*秘密だ,*希少性

Name Meaning/Translation: Himitsu*Kishō-sei, Secret*Rarity

Nickname:*

Nickname Meaning/Translation: Murasaki, Purple

Birthday:*March 20th, Shunbun no hi (Spring Equinox)

Ethnicity:*Japanese

Home Country:*Japan

Race:*Demon of the Masks

Sexuality: Bi

Position: Uke

Appearance:

Height: 5' 2"

Weight: 87 lbs

Eyes: A dark reddish purple in color, they are often commented upon because of their unique and alluring color. Has thick, long, dark black eyelashes, and thin black eyebrows that slant slightly.

Hair: Slightly long in style, and falls gently down his head. It always has a sightly messy look, and his bangs fall down the center of his forehead, and to the outer sides of his eyes. Has two pieces of hair that is longer than the rest, which he tucks behind his ears. His hair is a dark black, and has a sort of plum/purple look to it.

Skin: Has medium fair skin, which tans easily, and doesn't burn that often. He is often seen with a faint blush on his cheeks.

Body: Very thin, with little muscle. He is scrawny all around, with thin fingers, toes, and limbs.

Markings/Tattoos/Scars/Etc: Has a faint and barely*see-able*scar on the right side of his face, starting from the middle of his right cheek, and*connecting to the underside of his right ear. Also has a scar on his left thigh, shaped in the mark of an 'X'

Clothing: Likes to wear dark clothing, and hooded shirts. Has a liking to white scarves as well. He used to wear traditional kimonos and such, but since the times have changed, so has he.

Jewelry/Etc: Owns several different masks, his favorite being a white fox one, with black eyes, and triangular/diamond markings dripping from the eye sockets, and a black and red diamond in the middle of the forehead.

Other: Often paints his nails either a sea green, or light blue, and sometimes both at the same time

Personality:

Kishō-sei is nearly unreadable, his face almost always having a blank expression. He often keeps to himself, not going out of his way to interact with others, which makes those near him feel as if he has a cold personality, which is totally wrong. The fact why he acts like this, is because emotions, for him, are hard to express, to understand, and to feel. As the Demon of Masks, the only emotions he experiences are those when he puts on a certain mask. Meaning the mask he wears, is the emotions he feels. There are those rare moments when he expresses his feelings without a mask needed, but those occasions are rare and far and few in between the times he isn't showing emotion.

Saying:*"What is emotion? What is it that people feel? Sadness, fear, happiness, love? What are those things that people experience, that makes them who they are? Makes them smile, or cry, or lash out? I want to know, but at the same time, I doubt even the most knowing of*this particular*subject wouldn't be able to help me understand. For I feel nothing, a mere shell of the person I wish to be. I am nothing but an emotionless mask."

Background/History:

Even though he has the visage of a teenage boy,*Kishō-sei is quite old. He was born in Edo, Japan, currently known as Tokyo, Japan. He grew up in the ages when demons were feared, and some were revered. He saw many of the historical happenings of Japan, like wars, peace, and the change that came with it. He watched as Japan changed, and saw that as it changed, he too changed as well. He learned many things, and kept to himself. Now he goes to a high school, as an average school kid, without any of the other students having a single clue of what his true nature is, because, unfortunately, when new things make their way into the lives of people, some things are forgotten, like the respect and fear of demons and deity's.*

Extras:*Has a spirit fox as a companion. It is white, with big red eyes, large ears, and has three tails. A red dot is in the middle of it's forehead. It's name is*Yōkai. Lives in an apartment by himself, along with Yōkai.

Abilities/Other:

*His emotions change depending on what mask he's wearing

*Also, with each mask he gains a different ability

*Can*wield*nearly any type of blade

*Has ninja like skills

*Another way he can show some emotion is through cooking and his artwork

*Some of his abilities don't require a mask for him to use them. Manipulating the basic elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth, and Lightening), Changing his appearance at will, and summoning spirit fire are a few of those abilities.

*More of his masks and their abilities will be revealed IC

Theme Songs:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

You'll just never know, the many emotions I choose not to show

The final bell had rung, signalling the end of the school day, and the beginning of winter break. Students could be seen chatting with friends, discussing what their plans were for the holidays. Some were going to the mountains, other to see relatives in another part of the country. Some were going overseas, or just staying home and hanging out with friends and family.

However, one individual did not join in on any discussions, instead, simply made his way to the front hall, slipping on his shoes, placing his school slippers in his locker, then pulls on his coat, wrapping a white scarf around his neck. Some of the students who were already in the front look over at him, their voices becoming hushed, but he could still hear what they were saying, and it wasn't nice.

"So, do you think Himitsu is going to do anything for the holidays?" A girl asks her friends. "Probably not, I mean seriously, that guy is as antisocial as antisocial can get." One replies. Another hushes her, making shooshing noises. "Be quiet, what if he hears you?!?" The second girl laughs. "Oh come off it. I can't help it that he's pretty much the definition of gloom and doom. What's he gonna do, angst me to death?" The three laugh, and walk out together.

He simply stares after them, a blank expression on his face. It was almost as if he didn't care what they had said about him. Shifting his bag on his shoulder, he too leaves the school building, but didn't get very far. A foot sticks out in his path, and he stumbles over it, falling down the stairs that led up to the front doors, and lands hard on the ground, flat on his stomach, his face in the dirt. His bag had fallen off, and split open, the contents inside now flying everywhere in the wind.

Getting up, he ignores the laughter of the guys who had tripped him, and brushes the dirt of his face, smearing the blood from the cut on his cheek he had gotten from the trip down the stairs. His hands were cut too, and there were rips in his coat, and on the knees of his pants. Blood dripped down from his lip, which had split open when he had fallen, the crimson liquid making a trail down to the tip of his chin. His scarf had flown off, and was now stuck high up in a tree.

Unlike most, who would complain about getting tripped and falling down a large set of stone and concrete stairs, he stays silent, and begins to pick up his belongings, stuffing them in his ripped bag. Because of his attitude, how he didn't show emotions, or react to things, he often got picked on, and bullied, because the ones doing the bullying knew he wouldn't react, or try to fight back.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

• AlphaZero

[table=width: 250, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Appearance:[/td]

[td]

tumblr_niq343wIAP1u84nhqo1_250.png

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Name:[/td]

[td]Slayne Baird[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Age:[/td]

[td]18[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Position:[/td]

[td]Seme[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Sexuality:[/td]

[td]Presumably Straight[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Occupation:[/td]

[td]High School Senior[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Height:[/td]

[td]5'6[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Weight:[/td]

[td]135 lbs[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Appearance:[/td]

[td]blue-green eyes, blonde hair, pale, sharp slightly rounded eyes, slight but strong physic[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Personality:[/td]

[td]strong-willed, humble, loyal, lacks self-control, cunning, friendly, wary, emotional, claustrophobic[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Likes:[/td]

[td]nature, sky blue, cloud-watching, birds, astronomy, biking[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Dislikes:[/td]

[td]wasting food, violence, betrayal, dreams[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Biography:[/td]

[td]Slayne is of American blood. He was born in the California, located in the west coast of the United States. He moved to Tokyo, Japan at the age of 13. He is fluent in English and Japanese. Although he is fluent in Japanese, his accent comes out weird at times. He does not live with his parents and rents an apartment. He is an only child. He has a white female cat named Allusia. He has decent grades, and is best at archery. He is in his last year of high school and plans on majoring in astronomy in college.[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Favorite Quote:[/td]

[td]"A person who deserves my loyalty receives it."

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Character Song: [/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Slayne Baird never needed much convincing to stay out of other people's problems, or so he thought.

"Here you go." Slayne placed the younger male's belongings upon his hands. "Are you alright?" Ruffling through his book bag, all he found was a small band-aid—not enough for the boy's injuries.

"Hey, Slayne! What are you doing? You're not supposed to help him out." The random senior who's name he didn't even know, called out from the top of the stairs. He was the one that purposely tripped the petite young man.

"I can't? Why not?", Slayne kindly retorted back. "Because he's a loser, and you're one of us."

Slayne's eyes furrowed. He delicately put a fingertip to his bottom lip, feigning innocence. "I'm sorry. I don't remember ever agreeing to be in your little posse." His smile couldn't be any brighter, it seemed like it was full of life and happiness. The hinted sarcasm couldn't have possibly been missed, yet it was.

Ignorance is bliss.

"Oh that's cool. Well, think about joining then. You won't regret it. We're going to go grab some food. Want to come with?", the ignorant imbecile happily asked. "No thanks, I don't want us to rub off on each other. I mean, I did help the 'loser'.", Slayne replied smoothly. All he wanted was for them not to rub off their stupidity on him. He didn't want to be 100 IQ points shorter.

As they left, Slayne turned to the purple-eyed boy and studied his features. He was short, very thin, had fair skin, and slightly longish, dark brown hair. He had never seen this boy before. He didn't think he was that oblivious as to not notice a guy this small studying here. "Sorry it's not much, but here's a band-aid. I can take you to the nurse if you want. But first we should probably get your scarf."

'It takes nothing to join the crowd; It takes everything to stand alone.'

His hands were moving slowly across the ground, picking up his belongings, when a pair of hands, holding some of his things come into view. He stares as his school books and papers were placed in his hands, then looks up, to see who had helped him out.

"I'm fine." He replies, his voice dull sounding, unemotional, as he answered the question if he was okay. He could hear the students laughing, and the conversation between his helper and the ones who had tripped him, though ignored what was being said completely.

He finally got all of his things together, stuffed it all into his bag, and stood up. All that was left was somehow getting his scarf down from the tree. The conversation had ended, and the bullies were gone, their laughter being carried back to them by the wind.

Eyes were studying him, and when he looked over, he could see the guy who had helped pick up his things staring at him. As if sizing him up, or trying to figure out who he was. He was spoken to once again, a band aide held out to him, and an offer to take him to the nurse's office.

"I said I'm fine..." He repeats, the look on his face blank. He glances over at the scarf, flapping in the wind. It was his favorite one too. He sighs softly, shouldering his bag. A drop of blood lands on the ground from his split lip, and his cheek begins to sting as the wind brushed against it. "You don't have to help."

"I said I'm fine. You don't have to help."

"Don't be like that. Here, at least take this." Slayne peeled the band aide and took it upon him to place it over the largest scratch on the male's face. He lightly tapped it for good measure and grinned as he looked at his work. His smile turned into a frown as the he noticed the injuries that were sustained. The guy's injuries were more than just a couple of small scratches.

He seemed to quite handsome too. What a pity.

Slayne stared at him for a bit longer, deciding whether he should leave or go out of his way to help. He chose the latter, for reasons unknown at this point. Ignoring the wishes of his new found companion, he grabbed his acquaintance's hand and pulled him towards the tree that held his red scarf.

"I'll get it for you." Slayne began walking towards large tree with long strides filled with purpose. He wasn't skilled in climbing trees, but he has had experience as a kid. Looking back towards the anonymity, he intently stared at him for what seemed to be a couple of seconds.

"Stay here." One of his eyebrows rose to emphasize the seriousness of his words. He turned around and continued his footsteps.

Slayne then began his ascent up the tall tree, internally hoping he wouldn't die for a guy's scarf. The danger that was implemented into this situation caused a chuckle to leave his throat.

That reminds me, I have to ask for his name later.

'Fear is an illusion. When you understand this, you'll be set free.'

Instead of leaving him be, the taller male insisted on helping him out, firstly by placing the bandage upon a cut underneath his left eye. He winces slightly when it was pressed in to place, but no sound of pain escapes his lips. In fact, during the whole ordeal of falling down the stairs, not a single yelp or cry was heard from him, though normally a person would make SOME sort of sound.

He sighs slightly when the other then turned to the tree that his scarf had gotten caught in, his eyes widening a bit when his hand was grabbed, and he was dragged along. He stares at the other male, blank faced, but wondering why the other was doing this. It made no sense. None at all to him, as he stood there, looking at this guy with wide, but expressionless eyes.

"I said you don't have to help..." He repeats, not even bothering to raise his voice so he could be heard clearly. He stood there, watching as this stranger started climbing the tree, just to get his scarf for him. Crossing his arms, his gaze slowly raised upwards as he watched the other male ascend the tree, carefully making way to the flapping red scarf that was caught in the branches of the tree.

At one point he saw the guy slip a bit, but instead of letting the guy fall, Kishō-sei moves his hand in a sweeping motion, not moving too much so as not to bring any attention to himself, causing the wind to gather beneath the guy and push him back up, though it would be hard for the other to tell what hd just happened. He wished he could just do that to get his scarf down, but unfortunately it was tangled in the branches.

'Why does he insist on helping me? He doesn't know who I am, so to him, I'm a complete stranger. It would make sense if he and I were friends, but that's not the case here...so why?' His eyes continued to follow the movements of the other male, keeping an eye out for any other slip ups the guy might make, and to prevent any accidents while he was around.

Descending the tree was harder than climbing the tree. Slayne didn't think he would be sweating this much just to go down. Climbing it wasn't that terrifying, going down was. He had made it to the red scarf as it hung waving in the wind, and to make it easier for himself, wore it around his neck. Just as he was just approximately 10 feet from the ground, the branch underneath his left foot slipped. Reflexes getting the better of his mind, his arm caught itself onto one of the nearby branches that was barely thick enough to hold his weight.

"Whew. Haha! That was close." His optimism couldn't hide his nervous laughs.

He began his descent once more and the rest of way was ease.

Slayne felt elated to be on the ground again. He loved the nature, the sky, and everything airborne, but not enough to literally die for it. He stared at the male in front him, trying to catch his breath while trying not to grin from his achievement. Rather, he completely forgot about the scarf wrapped around his neck.

With 30 seconds in counting of staring, his adrenaline stabled, and the realization hit him like a ton of bricks.

"Oh! Sorry, my bad. Forgot about it."

Instead of handing the item like an normal person would, Slayne took the initiative and wrapped the garment around the boy's neck himself. His hands landed on his hips as he gave appraisal to the scarf's owner. Grinning from ear to ear while showing teeth, he gave the quiet human in front of him a pat on the shoulder.

"There. Perfect. By the way, I'm Slayne Baird. What's your name?"

He positioned his hand in between himself and the guy, waiting for his hand to be shaken.

'Sometimes...your feelings are not a choice; your actions however, are always a choice.'

Watching carefully from the ground as the other male descended from the tree, Kishō-sei almost had to use his power to help the other again, but fortunately his helper managed to steady himself on his own. Once again on the ground, the other had a relieved look on his face, and although the other was overly optimistic, even while he'd almost fallen out of the tree, Kishō-sei could tell that this guy was nervous. Who wouldn't be? Well, Kishō-sei wouldn't be anyways.

He waited for the other to return the scarf, but it seemed as if the other had completely forgotten in the moment, absorbed by the fact that he was once again on solid ground, and not ten feet up in the air clinging to a tree for dear life. But it didn't last long, about thirty seconds pass and the realization of this fact apparently showed itself to the other as he apologized, and instead of just handing the scarf like a normal person, went as far as to reach out and wrap it around his neck.

Eyeing the spot where he'd been patted on the shoulder, he looks up at the other male, a blank expression still on his face, his unique purple eyes almost bored in a way. When the other introduces himself, Kishō-sei takes the initiative to memorize the name, and the face that went with it, looking long and hard at the person in front of him. When he noticed that the one who called himself Slayne Baird put a hand out to him, he just raises an eyebrow, though no change in expression came with it.

Simply looking at the hand, then up at Slayne's face, then down at the hand, and lastly up at the other's face, he just blinks. What was he doing? This guy obviously wasn't from Japan originally. "My name is Himitsu, Kishō-sei." He replies plainly, bowing a bit at the waist in greeting, as what was done normally in Japanese culture when one introduced themselves to another, still not exactly sure what to do with that hand that was gestured towards him. Did he want a high five? Why was that? "By the way, what are you doing with your hand?"

"My name is Himitsu, Kishō-sei."

The short, skinny male began bowing, leaving Slayne's hand in midair. Though having spent around five years in Japan, he still retained many of his American customs and didn't retain as many Japanese customs. He didn't think it rude, but quite lovable when the boy innocently questioned what he was doing with his hand.

Slayne chuckled at the endearing act, his boyish voice had attained some masculinity throughout the years and in turn made him seem less like a child. Instead of saying what he had intended to do with the hand, he decided to act it out. He took the boy's hands with his left hand and placed it in his right hand. Then, he began shaking it as a nonverbal greeting, same as the bow. He then felt like he should explain it instead, since it might lessen the confusion as to why Slayne was randomly shaking his hand.

"This is a form of nonverbal greeting, same as the bow, except with hands. Sorry, I've been here for five years, but I'm still not used to Japanese customs."

Slayne felt content and pretty merry. He made a new doesn't-seem-like-an-idiot friend, warded off stupid people, climbed a tree to save a scarf, and got the boy to actually talk to him instead of making faces. He was proud of himself for accomplishing so many feats in less than a day.

"Nice to meet you then, Himitsu. The name means 'secret' right? Well, it fits you well. You do seem like a secret."

Humans have the uncanny ability to have the desire to feed at any place and at any time. Slayne, was of those humans. His stomach had growled, and it seemed as if the world could hear it, because he certainly did. It wasn't embarrassing, just perfect timing.

"Hey, do you like sushi?"

'Live for the journey, not the destination. And while you're at it, make a friend to bring along with you.'

When Slayne suddenly reaches out and clasps his hand, for a mere moment of a millisecond a look of surprise flashes in Kishō-sei's eyes, but as quickly as it appeared, it vanished once more. He stares at their hands, which were now being shaken up and down, the same blank expression from before now plastered once again on his face. After a moment Slayne explains what he was doing, and it suddenly made more sense, for the most part anyways.

From the whole explanation of the this whole shaking hands business, Kishō-sei determined that this guy was definitely not from Japan, though from what he was told, the other had been living there for quite some time. The moment his hand had been released, he shoves it in his pocket, but for a moment he stares at his palm. Such physical contact with someone whom you've only just met really wasn't something you did here, even if it was just a mere handshake.

As he was looking down at the ground, Slayne speaks up, and asks him if his name meant 'secret', going on to say if that was the case, it fit him well. "Yes. My name means secret." And he was a secret, everything about him was shrouded in uncertainty, mystery, and the unknown. And no doubt it would stay that way, as Kishō-sei never intended to reveal to anyone who, or what, he truly was. The thought never even crossed his mind in the first place.

Thinking they were done talking, Kishō-sei picks up his bag he'd set down, and slings it on his shoulder, reaching uo to wipe away the by now dried blood from his chin. Even as he stood there, his wounds began to heal, albeit very slowly for someone of his kind, but definitely faster than a humans body healed. Right as he was about to step away, he hears Slayne's stomach growl, and seconds after the other male asks him if he liked sushi.

Pausing, he looks at the guy in front of him, and even though his face was blank, his mind was churning with thought. Was he being invited to go eat with Slayne? Why? He was never invited to do this kind of thing before by anyone else, so why now. This person was definitely different from all of the other people he knew. For a moment Kishō-sei says nothing, but then nods. "Yes. I do." He decided to take a chance and figure out about this guy, Slayne. He pauses again, and stares down at the ground. "And it is also...nice to meet you too."

Slayne determined that for the most part, Himitsu wasn't shy, just very introverted. He had to pause and internally squint to even catch the change in emotions the boy stationed on his face, or his eyes to be more specific. Slayne wasn't at all new to the types of people living in this world, albeit that seems exaggerated. It was true at least, for their school.

He was popular because of where he was from, his blood, and his alien appearance. Not many people knew who he actually was on the inside. He didn't mind though, they didn't need to know everything about him. He would show that side of him to the people he wanted to show it to. Although Slayne barely knew Himitsu, he felt comfortable and at ease, but he wanted to learn more about the boy. One thing he knew though, was that 'secretive' here liked to look at the ground a lot.

Slayne placed both hands on each side of other's head. He forced Himitsu to look at him, eye to eye. Slayne liked it better when people regarded his eyes when they're talking to him, instead of the ground. It made him feel like the ground was more important to them than him. It's not supposed to be a possessive or jealous feeling, but mutual respect.

"Please look at me in the eyes when you're speaking to me."

He hoped he didn't scare him into wanting to run away. The whole process was not meant to be rude, so he didn't want it to seem that way.

"But anyways, my favorite food is sushi. As you can obviously guess, I'm hungry. Let's go eat, my treat!"

Slayne released Himitsu's face and grabbed his hand instead. Pulling on the smaller hand, he led the way, more like ran the way to the sushi restaurant he knew best, the one around the corner. Laughing heartily along as they scurried through the streets, he couldn't help but think it was the start of a new friendship. Maybe he should tone down the pushiness though...

'All my life, my heart has sought a thing I cannot name.'

As he looked down at the ground, his face was suddenly lifted up by a pair of hands, that Kishō-sei was to find belonged to Slayne. He doesn't react, and just stands there, looking into Slayne's eyes with his own, nodding when the other asked him to look him in the eyes when he spoke. Kishō-sei wanted to say sorry, but couldn't seem to get the words to surface, because in truth, he saw nothing to even be sorry for.

After a moment his face was released from Slayne's grasp, and he takes a tiny step back, though not moments after, his hand was grabbed instead, and soon enough was being led off the school grounds, practically being dragged along by the much larger male, as they head to get some sushi to eat. He looks to the other, the tiniest of frowns on his lips. "I can walk on my own..." Even though he said this, he made no move to pull his hand from Slayne, allowing himself to be pulled along.

As they almost ran along the sidewalks to whatever place Slayne was going, Kishō-sei look to the back of the older male's head, stumbling here and there, as he was a bit shorter than the guy who was in front of him, wondering why this person was being so....genuinely kind to him. This kind of thing was new for him, and he wasn't sure how to accept it, or react for that matter. In his mind, Slayne was strange, but in a good way.

And as he thought this, his yearning to understand the human heart began to surface again. It had always been a dream, to one day be able to grasp at the concept of emotion, to be able to feel things. Without having to resort to what he was. He wanted to feel happiness, sorrow, joy, anger, excitement, love. He longed to sense that, and have it be a genuine thing, not some mask that could be put on and removed at will.

"Why...why do you do this?" Murmuring this, not really caring if the other heard him or not. He had to ask, he had to say the question aloud, heard or unheard, he felt the urge to speak it, to give it voice. Because if he didn't, he might never get the chance to again, and the moment would slip away, like the passing of a shooting star, or sand escaping his hand as his fist closes ever tighter, trying to keep hold of the tiny specks of earth, drifting from him in the wind.

"I can walk on my own..."

Slayne glanced back at the younger boy still stuck in his forceful grasp. With a toothy grin, he gave him the most simple answer he could concur. He didn't know if the boy heard him or not.

"I know. I just want to get there faster."

It must have been a sight to see for the others walking aimlessly on the road, two males running while holding hands, one small and one large, and one seemingly annoyed and one jovial. Slayne didn't exactly comprehend his own actions either. His understanding as to why he was so genuinely friendly to Himitsu was a transparent blur. Did he have a reason to want to understand? He didn't see one. Going with the flow was always a nice aspect of Slayne's personality.

The cold weather that was amplified by the increasing wind left Slayne's cheeks feeling drained of its warm blood. The running only worsened it, but he felt free. He was like a bird, free of worries and the stress of the human life, spreading its wings to sore into the blue sky. Dangerous as it may be, he hid his sapphire eyes behind its lids as the cold current of air bit at his body.

A murmur broke his trance. It was a small sound. Slayne could barely make out the words because of the wind and how soft Himitsu was speaking. The most he heard was "Why" and "Do". They were just two simple words, but he understood.

His eyes turned a shade darker.

"I don't know either." He didn't look back to answer.

They reached the sushi restaurant. The name was seen on a plaque situated at the top of its brown awning; Sushi Matsunami it read. It was a pretty good workout really. But Slayne was definitely about to gain all those calories back. He wasn't at all sorry. His face was hot, but his sweat was dried from the wind. His hair was a mess, but it made him all the more handsome. After a few moments rest, they open the door to hear loud mumbles of eating and waiting customers.

The warmth was a much needed invitation in contrast to the cold winds of nature outside.

'Sometimes emotions are best left unchecked, leaving them free and wild, like the wind beneath an eagle's wings.'

Kishō-sei could see the freedom in Slayne's demeanor, the way he ran so carefree, the air whipping around them, making their already cold faces sting even more. How could he be like this, it was a mystery to Khishō-sei, and he wanted to know more. He wanted to be able to act like Slayne did, with a destination of unknown, just enjoying the ride, knowing exactly when he arrived.

The other apparently heard his mumbled question, or at least part of it, because it was answered. So, Slayne didn't know why. Just like him. He sighs, and after a bit longer, they arrive at the sushi place, and Kishō-sei looks up at the plaque over the door, catching his breath as he read the sign. His cheeks were flushed, but only from running and the cold wind. His hair was a mess, all out of place, disheveled and slightly tangled.

After a moment, he opens the door and steps inside, the warm interior a comfort from being outside in the chilled air. It smelled nicely of different kinds of sushi, the scent slightly salty, and reminded one of the ocean. He waits for Slayne to lead the way to the counter where a sushi chef stood in front of a clear display case, showing several types of fish and other aquatic things, like shrimp and crab, all set on top of ice, to keep it safe to eat. The man looks up, and smiles. "Welcome! What can I get for you today?"

Sitting down on a stool at the area in front of the display case where the customers were served, setting his bag down next to him, he waits for Slayne to sit and order before he did. "For now, just the simple shrimp sushi please." He looks at Slayne from the corner if his eye, wondering what else this guy would show him, he wanted to see more if that free spirit, the unbridled emotion the other so freely showed. To hear him laugh. Kishō-sei thought laughter was a beautiful sound, but could never laugh himself, without the help of a mask of course. He wondered what it felt like, to laugh...

As they ate slowly, savoring the taste of each of their dainty dishes, Slayne gazed at Himitsu in silence. Emotionless expressions seemed to be the peek of the emotions he was able to express, though his eyes say otherwise. The amaranthine eyes were an endless sea of rampant, uncontrollable emotions, suppressed by some kind of unknown force. Slayne's eyes moved to the simple dish of shrimp sushi the other male I had got, and furrowed his eyebrows. He should have gotten something more extravagant, Slayne was paying after all.

He glanced at his own plate, comparing the two dishes. All Himitsu had was an six piece plate of shrimp sushi, whereas he had a twenty piece plate of different varieties of recipes, all dressed in a delicious coating of soy sauce.

"You should have gotten something more extravagant. I'm paying, and to me, it's rude to the buyer to hold yourself back. Why don't you order more?"

"Tanaka! May I order more?"

"Coming!"

As his attention moved back to the boy at sitting across from him, he began to noticed things that he hadn't seen before. Like how large his eyes were, how fluffy his hair was, and that in the end, made him look a bit like a young girl overall.

A high school male looking like a young girl, what are the odds.

He can't say it, it would be rude. He wasn't going to say it. Nope. Clamping his mouth shut, he made a vow not to ever voice that opinion out loud.

"Has anyone ever told you that you kinda look like a girl?"

Damn it!

'I hate the feeling when you really don't have emotion. You feel so empty, you're not happy, you're not sad. You're nothing. Even when you're mind is spinning, you can't feel anything at all.'

Silently he ate the sushi that was set in front of him, enjoying the taste of the shrimp and rice. It was a simply sushi recipe, but it was Kishō-sei's favorite. Though, the way he could feel Slayne looking at him, his choice in what he ordered apparently wasn't that good of one, his suspicions confirmed when the other speaks up, telling him he should have gotten something a bit more extravagant, going on to say that he was paying, and it was an insult to hold himself back.

He stares at the sushi in his hand, then looks over at Slayne, a sort of melancholic look in his eyes. "But...this is my favorite..." He murmurs, eating the fish in his hand and picking up the last piece from his plate as Slayne called the sushi chef to order some more to eat, staring at his own food before placing it in his mouth and eating it.

Feeling the eyes of the other male upon him, he says nothing, and doesn't even look at Slayne, but when the other speaks up, asking a question he never thought he'd ever hear from another person, he looks straight at him. Most would have either a shocked expression, maybe confusion, or that of incredulous, but all Kishō-sei had was a raised eyebrow, though in his eyes it showed that he was surprised by what he had been asked, though it came and went like a flickering candle flame going out in the wind.

"No. They haven't. But I know I do." He replies simply, setting his hands in his lap, and tilting his head slightly to the side. Just why would Slayne ask such a thing? It was rude and inconsiderate, but at the same time, Kishō-sei really didn't care. He knew that he looked quite feminine, from his eyes to his skin, his hair and his small stature. So why deny it? There was no point in hiding that fact by denial.

The sushi chef appears in front of them, and looks to Slayne, asking what he wanted to get next. Then, once Slayne had said his part, he looks to Kishō-sei, who glances over at Slayne, then to the man before replying. "I'll take what he's getting..." He didn't want to upset Slayne anymore, so he decided to try something new for a change, even though he had honestly just wanted to get more shrimp.

Slayne felt stupid. Just why would he criticize someone's food choices and insult their appearance? Even if it did feel rude to have someone order something cheap and normal looking when he was paying, he was not in a place to force someone's actions. Although he couldn't stop the words from slipping out of his mouth, and it was true that the boy looked more feminine than most high school males, Himitsu's appearance was none of his business.

Today had been nothing less than extraordinary. Slayne had never cared for someone's problems, he'd never cared about what people thought of him, and he'd never, ever in his life been so out of control with his emotions and words, yet today had proven all of those traits of his wrong. He was an emotional person when it came to certain things, but he was always good at hiding them. Throughout his lifetime, the words he used were able to get him out of most predicaments, even the ones that seemed doomed for inevitable, inadequate outcomes.

"But...this is my favorite..."

Yep, he definitely felt bad.

The meek voice coming from across the table had undoubtedly gotten his attention, but he couldn't find any words that seemed choicest to the situation. His unblinking, deer-in-headlights stare was most of what he could do at this moment, and it troubled him.

"No. They haven't. But I know I do."

So, he was the only one that was ever inconsiderate enough to rudely voice out his opinion on the boy's slightly effeminate appearance.

Ha. I'm an idiot. He probably despises my 'manlier' face now.

He was always sarcastic, albeit not to other people. Was he fake on the outside? Yes, probably. On the outside, he was seen as cool, calm, collected, kind, polite, and elegant. On the inside, he was sarcastic, emotional, and lacked self-control. People never saw the real him, only he ever did. He couldn't see what other traits defined the positive side of him. He was friendly, he knew that. Maybe strong-willed, as was seen from earlier when he told off the idiots that adored him. Loyalty was a definite trait that defined him, he never thought otherwise. There wasn't anything else. Well, wasn't he a joy?

He couldn't be fake in front of Himitsu. It terrified him.

"Yes, what would you like, my favorite customer?"

The scruffy voice shocked him enough to swerve him from his thoughts.

"Ah yes, I'll get one serving of the California Rolls."

The dish was his favorite. He was from California after all.

"I'll take what he's getting..."

Slayne wanted to redeem himself from his rude behavior from earlier. It probably wouldn't hurt to try, even if didn't work.

"No, he won't. He'll get one more serving of the shrimp sushi."

His smile was dazzling to the eye, and it wasn't a fake one, but a real one.

"Coming right up! Be back in a few."

• 3 weeks later...

'Sometimes it's best not to hide, but to show everything for what it is. Keeping it locked away could mean the end of something that never even got the chance to begin, because you were to afraid to give away the emotions you kept inside.'

As he sat there, he could feel the embarrassment rolling of of Slayne as he first reacts to how he'd said that the shrimp sushi was his favorite, and then the way he'd told the other how he knew that he looked like a girl. For a moment he just sits there, before glancing over at the other male, and tilts his head, a flicker of amusement or something like it showing in his violet eyes, before fading away.

"Don't worry about it. The other people at the school may not say anything, but they don't hide it either. I often get beat up just because of that simple fact. And they make comments, but not saying 'You look like a girl'. So don't feel bad. I can tell you do." He looks away, staring at his hands which he'd placed on top of the counter, saying more than he'd planned on saying, or thought he was even capable of saying. It was kind of weird in a way, hearing himself talk that much, just for the simple face of trying to let Slayne know he didn't really care if he was called "girly" or not.

When he tried to order, he was a bit surprised by the fact that Slayne spoke up, and said that he was not having what Slayne was having, but another order of his favorite. The shrimp. He looks over at the other, his jaw dropping a tiny bit, and he blinks, for the first time emotion showing through, seeing the smile on Slayne's face. After a short moment, his expression returns to normal, and he looks away again, wondering why the other had done what he'd done.

"What...did you do that for? Dummy..." He mutters, a tiny faint flush forming on his cheeks, the pink as light as a cherry blossom petal. He felt weird. How did that happen? For a moment, he was able to show what he was feeling, without anything to help him show it. It was confusing. However, despite the confusion, he was quite pleased with himself. Maybe he was starting to change.

The sushi arrives, and he picks one up and eats it, before picking another up, and holding it out to Slayne, his cheeks still pink, and his eyes, though wanting to look down, looking straight at the other male. "Here...try it..." When it was taken from his hand, he grabs another piece and holds it, staring at it before taking a bite, and glancing at Slayne. "You're so weird..." He mutters this softly, wondering just what this guy was really like.

"You're so weird..."

The moment he took the sushi being offered to him by his slightly blushing companion on the other side, this situation did in fact feel weird. Sure, he was weird for telling someone that they looked less than male, then apologizing, then saying that it was rude that they ordered something so 'simple', then apologizing again, but this situation actually took the cake. The atmosphere turned so delicately... pink, like the slight blush on the other male's cheeks.

Not realizing that he was still holding the shrimp sushi in his hand, he continued to stare at the person before him, unsure of what he should do next.

To put it lightly, Slayne felt nervous; not like his usual, calm, cool self that was always admired by the society around him. He awkwardly coughed into his other vacant hand and tried to avoid any eye contact that may arise by looking anywhere but in front of him. As he fidgeted in his seat and caressed his neck from time to time—a habit he adopted whenever he was nervous—he couldn't help but noticed how much more talkative Himitsu had seem right after he had done what he did. He even went as far as offering Slayne a piece of sushi—sushi, he was still holding the damn sushi.

Eyes widening in realization, he internally scolded himself for being such an embarrassment to his own name, and ate the shrimp that other seemed to love so much.

Yeah, it was delicious, but to Slayne, the taste didn't even matter. What mattered was the promise to himself just then, that he was not going to make a fool out of himself again or be rude to someone he just met. He subtly began to clear his throat of any interference—the movement slightly choking him a little from the undigested shrimp—and smiled a huge one.

"Thanks! It's delicious. No wonder you like it so much. I've tried most of what they had here, but never got to the shrimp."

In reality, the people he came with to here never ordered simple things. The things they ordered always were loud in appearance and strong in taste. So as a result, he always thought the simple things were 'bad'.

"By the way, since we're talking about food, what else do you like? Besides shrimp of course."

Slayne was sincerely curious; the boy was a mystery that he wanted to solve, and a Pandora's box that he wanted to open.

Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness

Waiting, Kishō-sei watched as Slayne continued to hold onto the piece of sushi he had been given, wondering if the other would actually eat it or not, or just end up staring at it for all eternity. It seemed that Slayne had not even realized he was still holding onto the shrimp, because after a moment or two, he finally got around to eating it. Kishō-sei just stares, the emotion that had shown slowly fading away, so he was soon back to his normal, blank face of the emotionless.

The result that he'd gotten from Slayne after he finally ate the piece of sushi made the tiniest of smiles form upon his lips, and a flicker of satisfaction to appear in his eyes, but that's about all he got to show. "I'm pleased you liked it..." He looks to his own plate, and finishes what was left, sighing softly, no longer hungry for anything else to eat. He didn't normally eat this much in a day, on a regular day he ate maybe a piece of fruit and he was set.

His attention was caught again by a question from the other male, and turns to look at him, tilting his head slightly at what was asked. Did he have any other food that he liked? As far as Kishō-sei knew, shrimp was his favorite, not much else did it for him. So it took a moment or two for him to think of something else that he enjoyed to eat, a blank look in his eyes as he thought, and then blinks, speaking up.

"I like fruit." He says this rather simply, not really putting much detail in his answer. To be honest, he liked all kinds of fruit, it didn't matter what they were. Looking down, he runs his finger over the plate that his sushi had been on, making a circular pattern on the porcelain dish. For another minute or two he was quiet, until he spoke up again, once more his words simple.

"And you? What do you like?" Asking this, it was a question in generality. It didn't have to be food, but what Slayne liked in all sorts of things. Though Kishō-sei didn't really embellish this fact, he just assumed the guy would realize that when he said 'what do you like' and not 'what other foods do you like'. The only thing that was left upon his face that gave away the fact he had actually shown emotion was the faint pink upon his cheeks.

Maybe it had all been his imagination, maybe that show of emotion had been fake? He wasn't sure, but it had felt so real. He hoped that maybe, if he stuck around Slayne, he'd be able to show more. There was something about him, that made Kishō-sei feel as if he'd be able to unlock himself, and be able to laugh like he'd seen the other do so many times now, all in the short while he'd known him.

• 3 weeks later...

"I like fruit."

Fruit? Slayne liked fruit too, but not as much as he liked sushi. Despite the answer being so short and... bland--for a lack of a better term--it contradicted the fact that the petite boy was usually introverted and less likely to say 'Salutations' let alone 'I like fruit.' It was quite endearing actually. Before he was able to ask what type of fruit the male liked, it was a shocker when he had spoken up again, and what's more was that he had inquired a question in Slayne's direction.

"And you? What do you like?"

What did he like? The question was so vague, Slayne wasn't sure of whether to just state his favorite food or list all of the things--his hobbies, his dream, and his likes in general--that he desired as of right now. The young man wasn't even sure he knew all of what he liked. Maybe he should just list them all, so that he can get at least an answer across rather than just sit there like an idiot and stare off into the blank space to the left of him while trying to decipher what Himitsu had meant.

"Well, my favorite food is sushi. I also like fruit, like you. As for random interests, I like cloud-watching, nature, birds, the color sky blue, astronomy, and biking. My dream is to major in astronomy as I go through university. I wasn't sure how specific your question was, so I just listed my mom basic of interests. There might be more, but I'm not sure if I can remember enough to list them all."

He says this in a rather dream-like state, especially when he had spoken about majoring in astronomy in the future. He's always loved that branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole. He could learn more about the universe and the things that accompany it. The universe was infinitely vast and mysterious, and Slayne couldn't help but want to explore every nook and cranny of it.

"What about you? Do you have any interests? Besides fruit and shrimp sushi of course."

The sushi he had before him was left unattended, because right now, what was more interesting to him rather than his favorite dish was the young man before him. He viewed him as like the universe, vast and mysterious, and like his attraction to the universe, he felt himself also being attracted to the weirdly interesting human being that was shyly nibbling on his shrimp sushi.

• 4 weeks later...

Will get a reply up as soon as possible. Sorry for making you wait. My life is really hectic right now.

• 1 month later...

By the way, are you still interested in doing this RP? If not, it is okay, I'm sorry for making you wait so long. I'm trying to come up with a reply that isn't half assed...