inter always sucked in
S
aint
P
aul,
M
innesota.
H
itting cold temperatures, with blistering winds and thick snowflakes, the roads were awful, and power went out once in a while, making living in this city quite the fun time.
F
or the homeless, though, it was always worse.
F
ound in alleys between tall buildings, huddled together and mumbling curses about the weather through numbed lips, these people fought for survival in a booming city that often turned a blind eye.
A
nd for
Y
uleg
M
icahelles- a creative name for a once creative twenty two year old man- it was getting harder and harder to buffer the winds and keep layered and huddled with others, when holes somehow kept appearing in each layer of his clothing, and homeless shelters were becoming too full with others to feed him.

S
o, he had taken to begging during the day, or even working the streets for his money, and then crawling off to a little bar called "
T
he
C
row &
C
rown
", and nursing a beer as he tried to stall for as long as possible.
D
epending on the bartender working that night, sometimes he was fed and offered a place to stay the night.

S
o, of course, once 9:30pm rolled around,
Y
uleg shuffled off of his corner and towards the direction of the bar, his shameful $215 dollars stuffed into the waistband of his pants, and hidden with four layers of clothing.
H
is feet carried him in the right direction without him needing to think about it, and his sleep-deprived body didn't feel the cold as much as usual, and then he started to think about his last meal- roughly a week ago, the nice bartenders hadn't been working- and how hungry he was, and how if his dad hadn't moved away he would still have a home, and before he knew it, he was pulling open the bar doors with a tired grunt and slinking inside, head low and shoulders slumped.

N a m e : Yuleg Micahelles

A g e : Twenty two.

G e n d e r : Male.

S p e c i e s : Human

O c c u p a t i o n : Homeless beggar, part time male prostitute.

I l l n e s s : Aside from a bad cold that leaves him speechless at times, none.

- - -

B o d y : Standing at 6’4 and weighing a unhealthy 147pounds, Yuleg is certainly no pretty man. Hunger turned his once lean stomach inwards, causing his ribs to protrude out like a bird cage, keeping his organs in his body. He has thin wrists and knobby knees, high cheekbones and sunken in cheeks. A long time ago, Yuleg was in fact quite beautiful.

S k i n : Yuleg’s skin is milky and pale, appearing soft to the touch and often smudged with dirt. If he was healthy, Yuleg's skin actually was pretty fair.

H a i r : Unkept and rather unruly despite being straight, Yuleg’s hair is dark brown in color and thick, falling over his eyes and casting shadows over his face.

E y e s : A dark blue color and appearing surprisingly cold and uncaring, Yuleg’s eyes have accompanying dark circles that give him the appearance of being haunted by something.

T a t t o o s : “Hopes and Dreams” up his left forearm in old typewriter font.

P i e r c i n g s : His tongue is pierced with a silver loop.

S c a r s : A slash across his palm from an accident as a child, a slash through his right eyebrow from a fight a few months ago, an inch-long scar over his ribcage from a robbery attempt.

U s u a l C l o t h i n g : Usually Yuleg wears a few pairs of pants- First, girl’s leggings, then two pairs of longjohns, then thick, worn jeans with a few holes in the legs, and thoroughly smudged with dirt. Then, he usually accompanies that with a tank top, two long-sleeved tops, a hoodie, and a winter jacket that has seen better days. He completes all of this with as many pairs of socks as he can fit, and some old steel-toed work boots.

- - -

F a m i l y : His father, who moved away after their mother passed away.

O r i e n t a t i o n : At the moment, Yuleg will roll whichever way will pay. But if he had the freedom to be himself, he would be gay.

C r u s h : None.

R e l a t i o n s h i p : None.

C h i l d r e n : None.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yumemochi

• Chyze

Top Posters In This Topic

The bar had been awfully quiet, but that probably had something to do with the weather, not that Jun cared about it or anything, saved him the trouble of fixing up all those drinks. Still he admitted it was almost a bit lonely in the practically empty bar, saved for that quiet old man by the corner and a girl who seems like she had been stood up by a date--with the way she was furtively glancing at her phone--he supposed that was the case. Humming to himself, he didn't quite understand why others felt the need to get a drink on such a cold weather--and if it were up to him, he wouldn't even be out here, but alas, a job was a job.

'I'd rather sleep the day away under the sheets however...' He thought to himself vaguely as he cleaned another champagne glass and chewing on that ever present lollipop in his mouth. His eyes wandered over to the wall clock as he worked, '9:30, huh? Guess he should be coming by soon...' Stacking the glass cup along with the rest, Jun busied himself with cleaning the counter top and merely blinked when the girl form earlier had burst into tears upon receiving a text and ran out of the bar...

'Oh, guess she finally figured it out...' He thought nonchalantly, not at all caring, actually he was more surprised to why she hadn't realized sooner... Just as she had left, another had come in, and Jun turned his head to greet the new customer---Oh. It was him. It was that homeless guy who came around this time every now and then and right on time too. Now Jun wasn't entirely sure on when he started observing this man's schedule of appearing, but there wasn't really anything better to do nowadays. 'It's not like he's a bad guy anyways..' He pondered to himself, recalling the last few instances when the man just sat there eating quietly...

"What will it be for tonight?" Funny, all this time he'd never ask for his name...

Name: Jun Mayu

bishie15_by_takarayume-d7zc99j.jpg

Yuleg
was still lost in his own thoughts entering the bar, and aside from the girl pushing past him on the sidewalk and muttering something about being disgusting, nothing was different.
Not
that he really minded- or cared.
In
his exhausted state, the Russian doubted that anything would have mattered to him at that point, except for the warmth that was slowly seeping into his clothes, and the faint smell of food wafting from the kitchen hidden behind a door by the bar.
He
offered a sleepy yawn as he entered, eyes sweeping over the space and taking note of the old man sitting in the corner- and then that bartender, the friendly one, thank god.

And
then he realized that the man had spoke to him. Yuleg's cheeks instantly burned in shame as he shuffled towards the bar, and went to heave himself into a seat- only to have a condom fall out of his pocket.
Oh
, great..
He
thought bitterly, ducking his head low and groaning quietly as he leaned down and fumbled with the smooth-wrapped contraceptive, his still-cold fingers struggling to get a grip on it.
After
a moment or two of humiliation, Yuleg managed to get a grip on the damn thing, standing up and stuffing it triumphantly into his pocket before heaving himself into a seat and leaning against the bar.

"
Just
the usual, please.."
He
mumbled in an uncharacteristically scratchy, rough voice, offering a lazy smile before running a hand through his hair and leaning against the bar top, head rested against a closed fist.
"
That's
just a mug of beer, in case you forgot."
He
snorted a laugh, showing a sarcastic, doubtful edge before rubbing at one eye,
"
Oh
, and a bowl of soup if you have any.
If
not, a burger.
The
biggest fricken' one you got, I got money today."

Jun simply offered the other a lop-sided smile, the lollipop clacking against his teeth as he did when the other had flushed upon being spoken to. He didn't care all too much with how one was dressed, appeared or their social standing, if they got along--then they got along, there really was no helping it. Maybe that was another reason he took up this job... He met a whole bunch of colorful individuals and befriended them, much to his younger brother's chagrin... He finished cleaning the counter top soon enough and placed the rag away, directing his attention to the other male.

He didn't see what had fallen from the other's pocket, nor did he bother figuring out what it was, so Yuleg was at least saved from any sort of embarrassing queries Jun may have thought of if he had. Jun cracked another crooked smile at the other's response, giving a short nod. "Mnm alright, got it." Before moving to do just that. Preparing the booze was no biggie, and checking the pantry, he lets out a low whistle. "Well, guess it's your lucky day, we still have some left," He says preparing a warm bowl of vegetable soup. Afterwards, he got their chef to prepare their largest burger as the man had asked and soon enough he was sliding down the meal in front of the guy.

"Your order, sir," He mimicked those who worked in fastfood restaurants poorly, chuckling softly at his own bad joke before massaging his shoulders, somehow the cold weather just made them ache. "Must be getting old.." he muttered to himself before turning to glance back at the bar. Yep, still half empty, not to mention his shift was gonna end soon. Great, he couldn't wait to roll into his bed... "I'm surprised you even showed up today, the weathers friggin freezing today..." He turned his gaze back to the male.

Yuleg hummed a thanks as the drink slid up to him, shedding his jacket and cradling it in both hands before taking a small sip- and then catching a whiff of the soup coming his way, and groaning like a whore as he watched the bowl being set down.
"Oh god yes,"
he muttered appreciatively, disregarding the bartender's words and instead gently pushing the drink aside and taking the spoon, ladeling a helping into his mouth and closing his eyes. He chewed the vegetables quietly, then swallowed, sighed, and grinned.
"Forgot food could taste this good.. They don't serve this shit in shelters, I'll tell ya that.."
He offered up a quiet chuckle, silently inviting the bartender for a conversation.

And then the burger came up, and Yuleg was pretty certain that he stripped himself of all dignity by the way he eyed the food, his expression practically painted on with greed and lust for the warm meat and toppings. So like any other man, he dove into the huge thing, managing to get a bit of everything into one bite and regretting nothing when juices dribbled down his chin. He did chuckle raggedly, though, and set the burger back down, snatching up a napkin and quickly wiping the juices up, and then offering the bartender a shameful smile.
"Sorry,"
he apologised after clearing his throat,
"you're right about the weather. Some of the older guys were talkin' about how it was one of the worst winters they had been stuck out in in a while."

He shrugged lazily, took a sip of his drink, and then tacked on,
"Doesn't help that someone keeps putting holes in all of our fuckin' clothes when we sleep. I've gone through four jackets since winter started, and they aren't cheap. I dunno if they think it's a joke or something, but we had to give clothes to one of the newer guys 'cause his were in shreds."
Making a face, Yuleg set the mug down and rubbed a hand over his face, taking note of the knuckles rubbing in too hard and how his fingers felt spindly against his skin.
"Anyways, I needed the food. Shelters keep turnin' me out, there's not enough room for all of us."

Jun quirked a bemused brow at the other's reactions, but then again, he was homeless, so he couldn't really blame the guy for acting that way. To him, that vegetable soup was probably some holy grail or something... and it makes him wonder how else the man would react to better food... He doesn't really mind much the poor table manners, a guy's gotta eat, ya know? And so he busied himself with other things in the meantime cause it would be pretty darn creepy just staring at the the other while he ate. Goodness knows how much awkward it is if he was at the end of such staring...

With the counter top clean--although he's getting the feeling that he'd have to clean it up again with how quickly the brunette was scarfing down his food. 'Well, just hope he remembers how to chew and not choke...' He thinks to himself, giving the lollipop another bite but not enough to break it. He realizes he ended up spacing out while staring at him despite his attempts not to, but to anyone else it may have seemed that way... So coughing a bit when the guy--damn it, he needed to ask his name soon--spoke up once more. "No need to apologize," he shrugged, quickly turning his gaze to a champagne glass that has yet to be cleaned and begun doing that. "All the more better to stay indoors, yeah?" At least he thought so. Anyone who braved this weather for other things such as shopping or just a stroll were masochists in his book. Or numb. Lucky them.

Not at all minding when his unlikely companion continued to talk--it filled up the silence anyhow, so it was all good--, Jun finds himself smiling, amused once more at what he was hearing. "Seriously?" he queried, but there was an amused lilt to his husky voice. "Sucks to be him I guess," He says rather bluntly, but hey, it was true. The bluenette wondered what poor sap thought it was kinky to watch other homeless guys wearing shredded clothes in winter...must have serious mental issues or something..., "Huh? Well, you got a place to sleep for the night? You know we have extra rooms upstairs?" He offered, jerking a thumb into the direction to where the stairs were.

Jun quirked a bemused brow at the other's reactions, but then again, he was homeless, so he couldn't really blame the guy for acting that way. To him, that vegetable soup was probably some holy grail or something... and it makes him wonder how else the man would react to better food... He doesn't really mind much the poor table manners, a guy's gotta eat, ya know? And so he busied himself with other things in the meantime cause it would be pretty darn creepy just staring at the the other while he ate. Goodness knows how much awkward it is if he was at the end of such staring...

With the counter top clean--although he's getting the feeling that he'd have to clean it up again with how quickly the brunette was scarfing down his food. 'Well, just hope he remembers how to chew and not choke...' He thinks to himself, giving the lollipop another bite but not enough to break it. He realizes he ended up spacing out while staring at him despite his attempts not to, but to anyone else it may have seemed that way... So coughing a bit when the guy--damn it, he needed to ask his name soon--spoke up once more. "No need to apologize," he shrugged, quickly turning his gaze to a champagne glass that has yet to be cleaned and begun doing that. "All the more better to stay indoors, yeah?" At least he thought so. Anyone who braved this weather for other things such as shopping or just a stroll were masochists in his book. Or numb. Lucky them.

Not at all minding when his unlikely companion continued to talk--it filled up the silence anyhow, so it was all good--, Jun finds himself smiling, amused once more at what he was hearing. "Seriously?" he queried, but there was an amused lilt to his husky voice. "Sucks to be him I guess," He says rather bluntly, but hey, it was true. The bluenette wondered what poor sap thought it was kinky to watch other homeless guys wearing shredded clothes in winter...must have serious mental issues or something..., "Huh? Well, you got a place to sleep for the night? You know we have extra rooms upstairs?" He offered, jerking a thumb into the direction to where the stairs were.