NEVER Irrevocable Role Playing RULES of SATOU the GREAT

Tetsu

1.) I ROLEPLAY WITH BEGINNERS, BUT I DON'T ROLEPLAY WITH IGNORANT PEOPLE

If you want to role play with me, you should know what a role play is. You know what seme and uke is and you know what seme and uke does. You should read

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and know the basic terms needed for the roleplay. But all of these are for one-on-one roleplay.

For group roleplaying, I will only accept people who has at least done two (2) one-on-one roleplay or one (1) group roleplay. The reason is, group roleplaying is very delicate. All roleplayers must be in the same page, all are harmonized and all knows what they do. Lacking just one in those three will cause a big mess in the RP! And I will curse you if you ever mess with my RP.

This may sound scary but what I only want is that you do not be ignorant. If you don't know something, research a little bit, read other roleplays, or if you really really realllyyyyy can't help it you can ask me. I'll help you to the best of my ability. But again, please do not ask me what a seme is or what a seme does. I welcome beginners but I do not roleplay with ignorant people.

2.) I WILL NOT ROLEPLAY WITH ONE-LINERS

And that includes responses with less that five (5) sentences. That's already mercy on my part. Five sentences is actually quite small to cram your verbal and non-verbal response, additional information from your point of view (like describing the scene, the place, etc.).

If you think you are experiencing a writer's block, it's better to wait until your form goes back than to respond with one-line. Replying one line to my well thought response is an insult as a fellow roleplayer. If you think you cannot add more sentences because you feel that your character is trapped in a situation, talk to me. We'll figure it out. It is my duty as your roleplay partner to help you when you are stuck.

3.) BUT PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESPONSE AS SIMPLE AND PRECISE AS POSSIBLE

One-liners tend to reply in a redundant manner just to lengthen their roleplays. They know a lot of roleplayer dislikes one-line roleplays... so they resorted to an even more annoying trick... Let me coin this as "First Grader Roleplaying"

An example

I saw a tree. The tree I saw was beautiful. I walked to the tree. As I approached the beautiful tree I saw someone. The person I saw was peter pan.

That is the most annoying among all annoying roleplays. It makes my head boil whenever I see such responses. You should know how to simplify your sentence. Make it precise and smooth to read. Let me remind you that compound and complex sentences still exist in the English language.

An example

I saw a beautiful tree. As I approached the tree, I saw peter pan.

Make your response easy to understand, smooth and simple. Yes, simple. I'm not really a fan of long roleplays myself. I have seen roleplays with 600+ words, but can actually be shortened if the roleplayer wanted to. You might just as well submit your reply to the writer's contest if you give me that much word. Who knows, you may win. And let me tell you in advance. If you do that, no matter how hard you work on it, I will just glance over what i think are important details or at worse, I may just read your verbal response and ignore the rest. But ONLY if your long line of roleplay lacks essence. If it's well done and interesting, I will never get bored reading it even if it reaches 1000 words.

4.) USE SIMPLE ENGLISH

I don't care if you have some bachelor's degree in literature or whatever. Just use simple English. I didn't say you have to look for the simplest word. Just use your everyday English in roleplaying. Unless, you have to reply in a very formal and deep English as the situation called for (like roleplaying set in medieval time).

Honestly, I have seen someone roleplay in very deep English just because he is knowledgeable at it. And you want to know what happened? People stopped roleplaying with him. No one will be so dedicated to roleplay to use the dictionary for every deep word encountered.

5.) NEVER DO GODMODDING

Second type I hate the most only under to First Grader Roleplaying. I am greedy. My character is mine. I think thoroughly what traits are best to my character. I visualize what he looks like and find a picture in google that fits my image of him. SO NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH HIM UNLESS I PERMIT IT. I don't just do my character sheet in a matter of seconds. It takes me minutes.. or at most an hour to make it. SO DO NOT EVER GODMOD MY CHARACTER. I hate having my character being controlled. If so, what am I even doing in the roleplay if someone will just control it? TOUCH THEM AND YOU'RE DEAD. SIMPLE.

6.) MODERATE YOUR OVERPOWERED CHARACTER

I won't forbid overpowered characters. Overpowered characters are just the result of our very good imagination. We simply want our character to stand out. After all, most people think that they are the protagonist in roleplays. BUT LET ME TELL YOU AN ADVICE. Give some gaps to your character. Give it some weaknesses and limitations. Overpowered character in an overpowered battle. Don't make me laugh.

7.) REGARDING THE ROLEPLAYING SEQUENCE

If we are doing my roleplay, I use a "first come, first served" posting sequence. Meaning, there will be no posting sequence at the start of the roleplay. The first cycle of the roleplay is open to those who have NOT posted yet. From the second cycle onwards, we follow the first cycle. HOWEVER, if it is not my roleplay, I will respect your posting sequence idea and will politely follow as long as I get to post EACH TURN.

8.) OUT OF CHARACTER POSTS

All OOC response goes to the recruitment thread. If it's something that cannot be revealed to others, use FORUM PROVIDED PM, not the thing down our screens. The reason for that is, FORUM PMs are stored and can be seen again as long as it is not deleted. It's more helpful if this way if we're going to do our OOC thing in the PMs.

9.) ONLY ONE WEEK OF WAITING PER CYCLE

I may not follow this in the past, but I had reasons. And I made it sure to inform other roleplayers through a third party. So, we only wait a week. If a week passes and nothing is heard from the roleplayer, we skip his/her turn. If you are stuck in a conversation or action (like sex stuff) with the roleplayer. Then rejoice, AS THE OWNER OF THE ROLEPLAY, I HEREBY USE MY POWER TO RETRACT THE RULE OF GODMODDING. The person stuck may godmod the other person's character. BUT, YOU MAY ONLY GODMOD TO THE EXTENT OF FREEING YOUR CHARACTER FROM GETTING STUCK. Do not rape the character when the owner's not there, not even if we're pissed off.

10.) YOU MAY INFORM ME IF ITS MY TURN

I sometimes forget my roleplays, so I allow you people to constantly annoy me so I can post. I am a free person. I don't have much to do. So for whatever excuse I make, make me reply the RP.

11.) WHAT I ROLEPLAY

-MECHA

-FANTASY

-HIGHSCHOOL

-SHOUJO

-TRAGEDY

-DRAMA

-MARTIAL ARTS

-SPORTS

-NETORARE

-SHOTA(but I don't think we can roleplay shota. Let's discuss this in private)

12.) WHAT I DON'T

-MPREG

-BDSM

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tetsu

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

*From now on, I will not roleplay with members who have not stayed in YO for at least a month. Also, he/she should have at least 3 lit bars in rank bar over their avatar.

*I will not roleplay with people who has not done at least 5 roleplays, be it group or one on one.

*As I have started doing GFX stuff, my roleplay time may be affected. Please don't hurry me as I'm not as free as I used to be.

• 1 month later...