~Dark Demon~

Captain Tahmel Callaghan

Air Force Pilot

1526270_680242001997853_1939167941_n_zpsfc95ed77.jpg

+b.lueeyes+

Dr. William Croft

Military Doctor

large.png

Two men, reunited by damage; make each other whole.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• b.lueeyes

• Dark Demon

(Sorry for the poor introduction XD Believe it or not I did some research hence the delay XD)

The suspense of enthrallment of knowing he'd be in the air, watching the chaos from above. Although it didn't make thing's easier being the eye in the sky. The reason being if he saw a friend fall, he couldn't be providing assistance, personal care for his falling comrade. Something he found hard understanding but none-the-less he provided back up. They couldn't hide from him. Teasing them with daring gravity drops. He had been flying for a few years with experience under his belt, doing various mission. - People called him the dare devil.

Tahmel had checked the air-craft several times spent the finale arrangements the night before for any queries. But she never let him down, the one girl in his life. Sounded sad but he bonded with the plane, saw through his ranks becoming Captain being in the air as long as he was he rarely associated with the others becoming more anti-social. Tahmel sighed as he stared at the run away climbing in to the beast that he knew was true.

Sat into the chair felt like someone important.

Taking a breath as he put the head set on him, adjusted the mouth piece. Cleared his vision and started up the engine. How long had it been now? Since he last saw Will? Or should he be saying Dr. William Croft. The male was intelligent but not intelligent enough to realise how much Tahmel had cared for the guy not that he made it easy, the male was stubborn and awkward. 'Stay on target' Tahmel scowled at himself. Checking the wings before started to launch of early hours of the morning.

Seeing the nose of the plane started to crawl forward on the run way, Tahmel started to gather speed, enough for a flight to take off. His hands rested on the controls. Breathing in as he felt the jet, take flight. It was always an odd feeling that despite how many years he had been flying, would never get use to. Just because he was part of the war didn't mean that he liked the idea at all, using all the missiles. Gun fire. But Tahmel had to praise that he had fantastic aim. His competitive personality made him who he was today. -

When he grounded enough flight he felt the weight of the engine she struggled but she soared. He smiled at his girl. He saw the flight assistance on the ground given him clearance to take off. Tahmel was now in the air looking down at the ground pulling further and further away. "Captain Callaghan here all seems well" He reported in. The engine had a calm rumble feeling the vibrations in his feet. He gulped when he levelled the plane." Atta girl" He praised. He tested the control panel of the missiles and the guns attached the craft.

Tahmel glided down closer and closer, trespassing no mans land. vulnerable to the enemy.Anything at this point could happen he already had his will being made and the letter sent to his family back home not that his mother wanted anything to do with him. Which is understandable, by the age of 9 he was called a monster by his own flesh and blood because he would be following the foot's steps of his father. He done various turns in the sky changing his flight pattern to avoid getting locked.

Tahmel noticed something dark in the sky, it was coming towards him making him nervous surely he wasn't the only thing in the sky but he preferred being the eagle not the prey. He began firing at the other pilot, as the pilot was to him. Tahmel had already launched one of the missiles to lighten the load and the less chance of explosions in flight. He could feel the bullets of the fire, hit in the metal. Tahmel frowned at the radar. He scowled at the other, Tahmel managed to dominate the other pilot. "Bastard" Something bleeped within the system, 'Come on girl' he whispered mentally as he circling the other plane. When the craft began to drop he dreaded the worst out of it.

It happened too fast. With the finale hit he managed to bring the other down seeing the smoke it had already taken a few beating. Tahmel looked a the damage, seeing the smoke to his own plane when the other had gone down. she was due to retire. "She's going down" He reported. "I think I will need medic-" he spoken to the headset. The plane was still shooting his own ripping the plane the part.

Tahmel had managed to bring the plane back to base not in enemy territory but it wasn't a soft landing. The plane didn't make it gracefully on the run way it shot down almost as if the plane was heading towards directly back into the base. Tahmel landed the plane. The crash shook his body, happened in slow motion. Something was sharp in his lower leg realised something was in it cutting through his leg.

Tahmel tried to shift because she was going to blow, because he felt it. He saw the flames and a few people gathering but he couldn't get out in time when the explosion happened it must of been something spectacular. He felt his vision and go and everything went black.

Medical teams scrambled, base hands rushing forward at the sight of the hawk down. The fiery explosion in itself was enough to force the oncoming masses back; the doors of the hangers flushed with people, both devastated and horrified at the scene before them. Another shoot down; this time they had come back. Extinguishers were wrought, the base workers fighting to put out these flames, knowing there was someone still inside.

The medics were called as soon as the fire was clear enough for them to get inside; they knew the initial explosion may not be the last one, fuel was still leaking and the engines were still hot. Pushing their way through the mangles of wing wreckage towards the cock-pit, they tried for contact with the pilot, but to no avail. "Whose plane?"

"Callaghan's."

Hurried curses were heard around the medics; of all the people, it had to be the captain? They broke through to the cockpit and a hand instantly went to unfasten his helmet; they needed to check pulse. Yet, the sight of him wasn't pleasant; the helmet cracked, splinters of blood speckling the inside- visible against the reverted glass. His suit was burnt, they were sure there would be at the last quarter-burns. And...from the corner of the medic's eye they were met with the sight of the half-crushed controls, one side of them hauled down against one of the man's legs. He was stuck. But, he had a pulse. Tugging his helmet off, the medic tapped his cheeks, seeing the damage to one eye; blood flowing down his cheek. "We need to get him out! His leg's crushed! Get us some cutters! C'mon Captain, stay with us..."

What minutes it took felt like an age, an age where they were in a ticking time bomb of a plane; the fire-crew had arrived and was taking over the blaze but there was still no all-clear yet, they hadn't secured the engines enough to be sure it wouldn't blow twice. The scrapped metal was cut and pulled, pushed up and away from the leg, and arterial spray hit the dash as they realised that his leg wasn't just caught, it had been impaled. "Jesus..." came a curse from one of the medics.

"Let's get him out!"

The crowds that had gathered gave a near unanimous call and cry of both relief and astonishment as the medics half-dragged a body from the wreckage, guernsey ready and waiting. Strapped in tight, he was pushed flat into the vehicle, and one of the medics called the bay. "Bay this is Medic 14; we have a hawk down, one injured casualty; extensive burns, leg wound; unidentified, emergency procedures required. Four minutes out."

"Roger that, 4.11, 14."

_-+-_

"Doctor?"

Will glanced up from the dosage chart he was adjusting to see the nurse in the doorway, looking for all intents and purposes like she had run a mile. "What's the matter, Diane?" He stood straight, dark blues sliding over her stricken face as he realised something was very wrong. Diane was their correspondence officer with the northern bases. "What happened?"

"There's been a number of casualties in the north; the air teams were met by more resistance than thought, and currently there are fourteen deceased, three injured, three unaccounted for. All pilots, sir." She replied, her tone shaky. "I-I thought you'd want to-"

"Yes, thank you." He murmured, squaring his shoulders as he dismissed her. "Thank you, Diane; you...you should get some rest. Hand over to Daniel; he can come on early take the last of the night shift." Reaching out, he placed a hand on her shoulder, warm and understanding. Her brother was among the pilots stationed north. But then again, Will didn't even know where-

-no. He wouldn't think the worst.

"T-Thank you, Doctor Croft."

"You're welcome...now go." Watching her leave, he took a deep breath and sighed, leaning against the wall. Air casualties were always the worst; they brought back memories, good and bad. He had seen so many die from being shot down, he had catalogued so many bodies. And the idea that Tahm could be... "Fucking dammit..."

Doctor William Croft, 2nd Southern Enlistment took a deep breath, straightened himself, and immersed himself in his work. Tahm was fine. If he wasn't...Will would never forgive him.

Tahmel didn't understand what happened. He didn't understand what was going on, just in a dream-fixed state. Dark shadows came to him, pulling off his helmet, letting them push their fingers against their skin. Were they finishing the job? Why couldn't he move? Out of his own free will? His body felt like a chunk of heavy useless meat. Voices he could defiantly here, feeling his body dragged.

Were they insane? Tahmel wanted to scream the pain he didn't dare to open his eyes. His body hurt beyond any imaginings. Wishing they would stop touching him and just left him in the darkness that was slowly engulfing his senses. But his brain still functioned despite the gravity of the situation. "Stay with me" started to come into range of his hearing too much was going on for him to comprehend and getting rather annoyed. Despite that was the least of his problems. 'I can walk myself' Tahmel pouted mentally. His left eye didn't respond to his protest, curiosity was growing. But granted his vision wasn't

perfect.

Still he wanted to see what was happening. When he caught view of the plane that he recognised.. what had happened to her? He wanted to out-stretch his hand to the plane and nurture her back to health. She looked sad in the wreckage. He stared at the people crowding round him his first thought that he didn't like the attention he was currently receiving. "She needs me" He crocked. More of a whisper. Not understanding why he was moving further away from the craft he had a mission to complete dam it!

When the doors shut the fight to regain consciousness began to be tiresome. "Please... she needs me" He whispered. Tahmel was in distress. His breathing was uneven trying to fight for his life. Tahmel closed his eyes gritted his teeth. "I don't understand" He moaned softly tried to push himself upwards with faint muscle that wasn't their his hand barely registered the command and gave up. "Is...someone injured?" he whispered. Sensing the energy within the vehicle.

When the area was cleared just in time the second explosion that would of killed Tahmel went off, like fireworks, various bits of the plane completely torn apart. Nothing was left when the explosion died down.

The captain was stirring, half unconscious and lucid; the blood loss was one thing but coupled with the shock from the crash, they were dealing with a highly volatile patient, who obviously was not aware of what had happened, or his injuries. One of the nurses reached out to make sure the neck of his suit was open, knowing that as soon as he was at the hospital, minutes counting down, he would be rid of the whole thing; burns were messy.

"Can I get a dosage here? We need to put him out when we get there, we can start procedure here. They'll need all the help they can get." Response was immediate, a syringe handed to her. Tugging off his gloves, she rolled cut open the sleeve of his suit, not wanting any more pressure on the skin. "Now captain, I have to give you a painkiller, this won't hurt; you have been in an accident," they would have to leave it for the doctors to tell him when he was awake. No pilot liked to be told he had been shot down. "You'll be sleeping soon, you can rest very soon, okay? We're gonna take care of you."

"Arriving in one, ma'am."

"Let's get him ready! Time is gonna be tight, he's losing a lot of blood!" The vehicle slid to a stop and there was commotion outside, staff scattering to do their jobs. The guernsey was lowered out of the vehicle and propped up immediately, wheeled into the outer base hospital, which in itself wasn't all that impressive. However, it was sterile and better than working in a hanger.

The doctor approached, and the nurse nodded to him. "Dr. Matthews, he's near prepped, I've already given him a half dose." The doctor walked with the guernsey, one hand on the edge as he looked over the patient. This was going to be a long night.

"Put him under. This could take anything from four to eight. He has shrapnel wounds and burns that need grafting. Get me McCarthey and Roland, room 24." They wheeled him in, and one of the nurses set up her IV. "Captain Callaghan? My name is Doctor Matthews; everything is going to be alright. I'm going to put you to sleep, but I promise you everything will be okay when you wake up-"

"Heart rate slowing."

"Dammit, let him go all the way; I don't want him awake for this. Get me my scalpel..."

What is that small dot in the sky? Tahmel could see something was locking on to him, something that was determined to get to him. Confusion swept over him and he had the sensation in the pit of his gut to say that it wasn't anything good that was approaching his way. He could see the pilot and the foreign flag on the pilot. Followed by the sound of the explosion. His mind was reliving the experience unaware that it was a nightmare. The last thing he remembered was seeing his plane in ruins, his beautiful plane finally been put to rest. - Not to mention some guy named Dr Mathews then darkness. Was this dream or memory?

He had seen a few doctors in his time. One in particular was the one he cared about. He groaned softly as he shifted in the bed sheets, hearing the sound of his heart monitor in sync with the beat in his chest. Where was he now? he frowned mentally at the confusion. Why couldn't he shift his hips? Everything felt groggily. Dull voices he couldn't distinguish what they were saying. But he was moving. Not in the sense of being mobile himself but being transported. He felt the vehicle.

Tahmel's body felt stiff and tired. Not initially with it with morphine and the dosage the woman put him under.

"Man...down" he whispered showing his barely conscious mind trying to talk to the others but was weary of the situation. "Med..ical assistance needed.. going down" He was reliving the crash. "Atta girl" He was talking to his plane. "I'm...sorry William" He murmured softly before crying, the effects of being under that extensive surgery his emotions were hard to handle.

"Where am I" He murmured softly trying to find some strength to get up. He didn't but just laid their. His legs were amputated poorly and hadn't had a clue of the injuries. "I can't see out of my right eye probably.. nor feel my body" he murmured. "I need to report to my commander..." He drawled. "This will not do" His mind was actively seeking comfort of something familiar freaking out in the process of the flight to the nearest hospital.

The staff on standby heard the slow ticking of the heart rate monitor increasing, and they knew he had to be awake. One of the male nurses moved towards him, having unbuckled his harness as he was on watch for the hour. He heard the man's muffled words and shifted closer, realising that there were tears on his cheeks. Oh men...this was going to be difficult.

Approaching slowly so hr would notice him, he reached out to place a hand tentatively on his shoulder. Dark eyes were kind s they stared down t him. "Finally awake I see; don't worry, the commander knows of your condition. He was the one who recommended where we take you. I need to tell you some things and...you aren't going to like them. But its a reality that you have to face." The nurse bit his lip, and moved to sit down next to him, not wanting to be standing. Not in front omg a man with an amputated leg.

Clearing his throat, he spoke. "Captain, you were involved in airspace combat yesterday morning at 04-hundred, where you engaged enemy fighter planes that were of higher numbers than anticipated. As a result...you and the rest of your team were gunned down. A few hours ago we confirmed sixteen dead, three injured and one MIA. You survived, Captain; you managed to fly to base, where you received medical attention...but your plane was destroyed." Taking a moment to swallow and take another breath, he continued, seeing the changes on the man's face. "You have cuts to your left eye, as a result of your helmey cracking on impact, and currently we do know that you will regain your sight. Your leg was...caught under the dash and controls, resulting in extensive injuries. We could not stop the blood flow. Nor could we have repaired your leg. As a result, amputation was performed." He took a moment to let this sink in, reaching down to touch the man's hand.

"I'm sorry, sir; we did the best we could. Yet there were complications with the shrapnel. You are being transferred to the Forward Operating Base Robinson, formerly known as Wolf, near Heydarabad. Its where the majority of our majority of higher medical teams are based. You will be treated there in response to your injuries. I'm...I'm very sorry for your loss, sir."

There was silence for a few minutes, the nurse growing quickly uncomfortable with it, before a voice called from the head of the plane. "Landing in on hour, 14-hundred."

"Roger." Echoed around the carrier and the nurse gave a small smile.

"We will be there soon."

_-+-_

Wandering the halls, he picked up folder after folder, file after file, clip board after clip board. Checking dosages, checking wounds, treating a few minor injuries before he went to check on his major patients. Robinson was a base situated towards the outer part of Kabul, one of the nearer ones. There were stationed A Teams and special ops of both British and American troop. And sometimes, they came back traumatised.

William Croft was an emergency surgeon most of the time; other than that, he was known as the bases all rounder. He was a trauma expert, he knew how to work samples, he could understand metaphysical rehabilitation. He could deal with patients others couldn't. So, he was given mostly free reign over a lot of areas, as long as he respected the majority of doctors ideals. Yet; he was, after all, also a soldier. He was a soldier before he was a doctor.

As such; he tended to stay near harder injuries, trauma and emergency. He was the one they called for long hauls, when thongs were difficult. He always managed to be calm, cool and collected in situations of panic. Yet...his mind was cloudy with worry.

What if Tahm was injured? With that number of pilots it was very likely he was among them. Will knew Tahm was north just not... where. And as such...his worry was palpable. He had not seen him in six years, since he had been dragged up north on a recon mission, one of last last field ones. They were headed to an outlying base, and stopped at a hanger bunker down for a chat with the commander before they turned in for the night, having restocked the place's supplies...and...

No. He wouldn't think about Tahm. He had been telling himself this all day. Not that it helped. The doctor took a deep breath and headed to the hall. He needed some tea...

So none of this was a dream, the male glooming over him, the colours he used to see where shared with darkness, the nurse looked like a shadowed figure. His vision

went on holiday.

The male on the bed wide-eyed at the nurse, didn't like his intense eyes made him certain this guy wasn't messing around. No humour but gentle sorrow the male gave- Although he was kind of hoping that someone would wake him up from this continuation nightmare and realise it was just a horrible practical joke that the lads fooled around back in his Uni days. Now all his hard work just slipped through his fingers, because some one had fate on his side. Did fate not like Tahmel?

Shock didn't cover what he was currently feeling - He didn't know what to freak out over first. The plane damage beyond repair.. the amputation, explained why he couldn't feel his toes. Tahmel breathed in sharply trying to sink all the new information. "I hate war" Tahmel confirmed- he didn't need to voice his opinion, he bound to have shared opinion. Not only his plane and his leg but their were men out their that lost their lives, friends he was short with. So many thing's left unsaid. He was a Captain, anti-social one when the men tried to reach out to him. God he was a horrible person.

He was silent for the duration of the journey. It was understandable why he couldn't return the smile to the nurse. Lost so much within a short space of time. "I drove them too much, as a Captain I'm the one that shouldn't made it back. I should of stayed with them and carried, searched for MIA.. but my plane was about to explode I didn't want to die in enemy territory. I did everything on instinct" He coughed harshly. The most he's said since the explosion. It still rang in his ears like white noise. "I'm evil" He buried his eyes with his palms which were tied to wires.

Robinsons? Wasn't that the hospital that William was working at? The name jogged his memory. He didn't want to be seen by him not like this. "Tell you the truth I don't know if I can go back into a plane" He murmured softly he was one of the best talented flyers out their. He remembered how Will wanted to work their, the branch he was trying to get to. He relaxed his tense shoulders. "If I survive this surgery? What would of come of me. I wouldn't be able to operate the plane" He frowned deeply wanted deeply for this to end. He didn't even glance a tempted look at the horrid truth. He just wanted to fall back to sleep.

"This..." the nurse murmured, not knowing quite how to react to the man; he had seen many a person break over news like that, but this man seemed more concerned with the fact that he had saved himself. A common thing...truth be told, the nurse wasn't sure why it affected him quiet so much...but it did. And so, he reached out to touch his hand again. "You're not evil; you've just been through a lot. Those men and women...they knew what they were signing up for and they gave their lives fighting. We are lucky that you have survived at all, that any of you survived...so please, do not call yourself that. War is...war."

He could not explain it any better; but his heart went out to this man, it truly did. He moved to check the monitors, moving out of the man's limited sight for a little while. He had seen the wounds to his eye and they were rather extensive for adverse-sight wounds. But...he had been assured they would heal. "I've always wanted to go to Robinson...never really had the chance." he tried to make some small talk, knowing they would be arriving soon and he should try to calm the captain down before they landed. "Best medical teams around down there; supposedly they have enough staff for four day rotations. I suppose...they need that many staff here with how many casualties come in but...it's a lot of meds." He smiled, turning to look back at the man.

"You'll get all the help we can get you; we'll make sure you get better, okay?"

"Touch down in 0015."

"Ah," the nurse murmured, nodding to the one who had come to the doorway to tell him. "We have to prep you, we're landing soon and we need to make sure you're ready to be transferred out of here. So...bear with me while I check the dressings."

_-+-_

Will watched the coils of steam rising from his cup of hot tea; Earl Grey, two and a half heaped teaspoons of sugar and enough milk to make it seem like hot milk, while still keeping temperature. He breathed in the familiar scent of home; sterile areas and a coffee hall, the arid air drifting through; the smell of red sand and dirt roads, mixed with the acidic sharpness of cleaning products and plastic. The doctor didn't quite have a home outside of Robinson; he had spent too much time here for anything else to be considered it.

Over the intercom a voice crackled, the dulcet tones of the current rotation of com's. "Inbound; C-141 Starlifter bound fifteen minutes, incoming passengers include patient-ordinance; doctor's Hathaway, Al-Ashad, Colson on standby."

A deep breath pushed its way from his lungs and he gave a deep breath, humming quietly at the fact that his name had not been called. Inbound planes. That always meant more war casualties. But yet...where was it from? Could it be from the north, carrying the three survivors of the shakedown up there? His thoughts flew back to Tahm once more and he slammed his cup down on the table, hot tea spilling. There was a small scramble of one of the nearby nurses with paper towels, wiping his hand hurriedly. "It's alright; thank you though, Hannah; I'll be fine."

Practically fleeing into the hallway, he started towards the trauma ward; he needed to see his patients. Keep himself busy for a while.

Tahmel listened to the nurse as he went out of focus, which annoyed him trying to search for the male that soothed him. The light to his darkness, He frowned mentally at the small talk. He wasn't so hot under the collar with strangers let alone being completely out of it. He frowned flinched underneath the touch. His voice went quiet but audible "Don't sell your self short. "He coughed underneath the pressure putting himself through the strain -

"I think your doing just fine as you are." He smiled for the first time since the wreckage.

Tahmel blinked a few times raised an eyebrow "Didn't just say Touch down in 0015." he paled were they insane traveling in a plane? Tahmel panicked his heart rate quickened. "I need to get out" Tahmel whimpered. He tried to get up the minute they touched down becoming restlessly tired. He groaned softly as he tried to sit up. "I said let me out this instant" He was in bad shape not allowing no one touch his dressings.

"I just want out" He murmured before his body shook from the stress. He was familiar with the plane touched down. Tahmel saw the doors opening. He was groggily so his co-ordination wasn't brilliant. Only interested in the light casting into the plane. "I need.." Coughed a few times getting too excited. Tahmel deep down despite all his experiences, his future that remained uncertain he felt the most scared. In his entire life.

Tahmel found himself going out of consciousness, his body dropped still going into some sort of fit, he was strapped so he didn't fall of the bed. Tahmel didn't know what to pray for. Either peace or a chance at life again. Everything became like a hallucination, nothing seemed real in the shadow world. When the passengers on the plane had saw him going into a fit they pulled him out instantly, he wasn't even in control of his own body. Just at the mercy of hands pulling him about. Tahmel's body went completely still when they reached outside of the hospital.

Tahmel lost consciousness completely. Almost appeared dead.

"Nurse team four to room forty-eight please, I repeat nurse team four to room forty-eight; assistance is required."

Will looked up from the quick notes he was making on his clipboard, as did his patient, and the two of them turned to the window, watching the business out on the runway. This particular room was one of the few consult rooms that had a view of major military facilities; this one was generally also used, unless in one of the higher's offices, for meetings of officials. But usually, they just used it for patients. They were unloading three travel-equipped guernseys, each of them with a minimum of three nurses, as was protocol, but there was one that had...Will couldn't even count how many were milling around, following.

"Doctors ready on standby; rooms forty-eight, forty-nine and sixty-two," came the voice overhead, and Will scowled. They had called extra nurses to forty-eight. That meant something had most definitely gone wrong, something was major. Was the patient out? Or were they just uncooperative, because that did happen. The general intent of these kinds of initial procedures was just to inform them of what they were going to do, and then clean them up; give them a chance to weigh up what few options they may have before they would most generally consent. As such...well, it all depended on the person really, but most of the time if they needed extra nurses it was if the patient was volatile.

Just how bad had the fighting been up there? There was never 'good' fighting, it always turned bad somehow. It was just a matter of how bad it was. And it seemed like, from the movement restricting bars up on the guernseys, it had been pretty bad if they needed all of them stable. "A-Ah, excuse me; I'm sorry-"

"Nah, don't be Doc." Said the patient, smiling slightly. "I get it; you guys are on call, and when somethin' happens you're curious. Meant to be 'dose guys from up north, right?" Will gave a small pause, before he nodded, adjusting his clipboard. This patient had been a sergeant for one of their special ops teams; he had been out of commission after his first mission in the squad. Tough times; he'd ended up being shot in the back, his spinal cord damaged. They couldn't repair it, so he would be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. The most they could do was stop the pain, cut the nerves.

"...thank you." he murmured, before he met his eyes again. "Alright sergeant, where were we? Back to the rehabilitation plan?"

_-+-_

The nurses worked double time getting him to the room, this patient top priority; he had an attack. Obviously this was the onset of a stress disorder, something that they couldn't help. They were physical doctors, not necessarily mental ones. They had some who were both here, but as for now the main priority was making sure that he was physically sound. And right now, that meant calming his heart rate, re-dressing his wounds, and making sure he was comfortable. They would proceed with surgery once that was done, once he was stable.

It took a little longer than expected; he was heavy weight, and they had to be-oh-so-careful with him due to the amputation. Doctor Colson looked down at the medical records that had been sent with him and sighed. Their commander had given orders for any treatment that was necessary. Which overrode the need for personal consent; this meant a clean up job. The emergency doctors had done all they could...but in the end it wasn't quite enough, wasn't quite a clean job. There were stray nerve endings, there were problems with the tissue and the bone wasn't quite properly sheathed. They needed to go in and do a full clean.

"Alright...give him enough to keep him under, we're going in for surgery."

Tahmel felt like he was floating in the darkness, he couldn't grip on the walls, if they were walls but something started to happen. He herd noises. Not explosions, soft natural sounds he hadn't herd in a while. A soft sound synced to his heart. How long has it been since he felt safe? been asleep for. His senses was groggily but his hearing worked. His eyes were still on vacation. That was right, he was involved in a fall. He lost everything and...yes his leg. Could he really look for the first time? Face the truth.

Opening his eyes. Tahmel breathed heavily as he tried to sit up, it was nice be able to move again. He saw what was left of his leg in cast. Tried his best to wiggle it. It was an odd sensation. By the looks of it he always had surgery that he was promised by the male nurse. God. Why can't anything be normal? Tahmel's cross was gone from his neck, placed on the cabinet. It had Will's name engraved as a memory in case anything should happen to his memory. Not that he wanted to remember, so many thing's he could of said to the man and he lost the opportunity.

Tahmel growled at the bright light, his eyes could only stand so much. But tolerated it, just meant he wouldn't see any figures approach his bed. Tahmel put his hand on the rail that supported the edge of his bed. Explored his surroundings. "Fuck a duck" Tahmel raked a hand through his hair. So this is paradise? The room was calm despite the bright light.

Mean while within the coffee room the doctor that operated the newest tragedy, amputations of any part were a bastard to handle. He looked to his watch, his patient in the recovery room would be waking up anytime soon. To wake up to everything that happened from the wreckage to realise that everything wasn't a dream like most of the patients, wanted to wake up from the nightmare.

DR Colson was a head of the surgery was drinking a coffee cleaning up from the intense surgery. He had been pondering whether to give William a run for his money with the patient. He had better handling skills then Colson could ever have. Had more time to develop all areas then be a specialist in one. Good with a knife and had the will and determination, to give the patient the confidence and trust. "I don't know" He shook his head. Direct from the Commander, was one of his golden boys. No pressure. Heh.

Grabbing his coffee making his way out of the staff room near the end of his shift but he needed to calm his patient. Running up towards careful not to spill his coffee he managed to catch up to Croft.

"Evening Doctor Croft" He smiled. Tired eyes gave away that he had a hard case to handle. But rarely let it show in his personality dealing with anyone. "I wondered if you'd like to do a favour? I'm sure you herd a new patient had been flown in from the North. He's waking up right now in-fact I wondered if you could come with me to meet and greet? Callaghan had a nasty shock a few hours ago after a plane crash I think he could use a friendly face then my ogre attempt of a smile" Hoping the male would.

"Lucky to be alive. Heck of a journey ahead of him with an amputation and scarring. I don't normally say about their biz but I thought I should warn you I know your an expert in hard cases" He added raking a hand through his hair.

After a long day of patient consultancies, a few odd training wounds and a kitchen accident, Will was just about ready to head in for the day. Or...night? He wasn't quite sure how to constitute it anymore. It was just coming on nine at night, and he had been working at least 36 hours straight but...it was hard to think when you needed sleep.

Fully intending to get back to his room and crash, but he heard his name called, and glaced up to see Colson. He was a good surgeon, specialist actually. He was particular to large, physical abrasions. He was good...a favour? "Ah...sure?" He chuckled, listening to him speak.

Slowly, a cold dread began to fill him at the doctor's words. The more he said, the more he came to the realisation that this was more close to home than he had thought. The name Callaghan hit him like a punch to the gut and his face went a little pale. The word 'shock' should have been worse, and it only made him feel like he had been trampled.

Tahmel was here. Tahmel was HERE. And that meant that he had been shot down up north. Which meant...the words 'amputation' and 'scarring' sunk in and he swallowed thickly, the only outside sign of his feelings. With a deep breath, he asked, "What room?"

With the answer, he turned and stalked down the corridor, dark blues scanning the place as he called back that he'd see the patient. He walked on autopilot towards the trauma ward, where the majority of their commission cases ended up. He couldn't believe this; inside he was in turmoil; for all he knew, the injuries could be decimating to him. Any limb injury to a pilot was likely to end up with them out of commission...but it was Tahmel...

He reached the door and swiped his key card before taking out the file once the lock was open by the door. Abrasions, burns, heavy facial injuries relating to vision, scarring from glass...amputation of the left leg.

Taking a moment to close his eyes, he gave a deep breath. You're a doctor, Will, you can deal-

-no you can't. It's Tahm. But...either way; he knocked twice, and opened the door, finding himself in the room before he could blink. He needed to see.

"...Oh, god..."

Tahm was convinced he didn't belong here, he was thinking about future careers. He couldn't necessarily be a waiter of any sort despite having perfect balance but he would be spilling the beverages and would get fired. He couldn't go through that humiliation, may be he could finally buckle down and be a novelist? He always wanted to be a writer of some sort. Writing about soft fluffy romances. But could he hack it? at least then he could be alone. He had enough money in his pot to get by the first few years, but then again he wasn't the type to sit around doing nothing.

Tahmel sighed as he massaged the cast around his leg. He frowned mentally staring at the floor tiles. He was tired already just by sitting up. Coughing harshly, pushing pressure on his lower body for supporting him upright. He never felt so weak in his life. He couldn't live like this, not bed bounded any way. Despite the spirit within him felt like given up already he had a few guns at home he could use to end his life. He frowned. God take one leg away he was a pathetic

mess.

Tahmel herd the door knock. He was thankful he was waking up alone in the recovery room from the massive surgery he just had, trying to cope with the idea of it all. Allowing for his straight head to sink in all the info.. "Come in" Tahmel called to the intruder. He called them that because Tahmel always liked his personal space but then again he was arguing with the fact he wanted to be with someone at this point. Tahmel was in utter shock (again) when he saw who he thought he saw. It was Will. A cold dread and excitement.

Tahmel immediately turned his head away to hide his bad eye away as if he was gazing at something that caught his interest. Not ashamed at all. Tahmel relaxed his tense shoulders. Hid his limb of the leg that was severed. Literally. He was having trouble with seeing who was at the door. He leaned back on the bed not sussed out that he could actually control the bed to move with him instead of relying on the spine for strength.

The voice confirmed it that he wasn't hallucinating.

"My sight isn't brilliant at the moment you'd have to be a arms length for me to see you" Tahm prompted. But the tone sounded far too familiar. Cleary not his doctor otherwise the doctor would of moved closer as he read from the paramedics who brought him in from the field. Or he guessed that. Then it hit him.

"William is that you?" Tahmel coughed. Hoping it wasn't. Not because he didn't want to see Will he wanted to see him for the past few years, he often went over to the hospital to test the engines as an excuse to fly over the building. His body had been through hell and back for the past few hours.

The sight of him was enough to make his throat dry, taking in the sight of bandages and burn marks, his skin a few shades paler with new skin forming after the grafting. He had obviously been given proper attention with his burns...good. That meant that long-term wounds in that respect would be minimised. Other wounds however...would not be so forthcoming.

He swallowed thickly, what little moisture he could gather in his mouth. He was the same, but so different; a few years older, his hair a little longer, stubble from a few days without shaving. His skin would probably be more tanned if he had met in at the base, but because of the skin peel and grafting, he wasn't looking all that healthy. Yet those dark eyes were still the same; what little he caught glimpse of. "Tahmel..." he murmured quietly, swallowing once more and clearing his throat, needing to hide the tiniest hint of a tremor there.

He looked like a wreck; his eye was scarred, but it needed air; it was sterile enough in this environment for the bandages to be off. It was...he would have scarring for the rest of his life but they said he would regain his sight. Will's gaze flickered to the stump of a leg that ended with a cast, his eyes falling closed for a moment. He had lost a leg; in flight. Of all the goddamn things...

"What the hell did you do?" he breathed, shaking his head just a little, keeping back from the bed a bit, dark curls shifting over his forehead as he replied. Sharp blues studied the floor, his hands clenching at his sides as he spoke. "You idiot...I knew this would happen...I told you that one day you'd crash!" His voice grew just a little and he tore his eyes from the ground, moving to rest pointedly on the bedspread. "...What. Happened?"

Tahmel sighed, he wasn't sure how to handle the situation. Confrontation was not his forte, but William and himself obviously cared for one another but had a hard time showing it. He curled his fingers, scarred his knuckles placing it on the rail that stopped him from falling out. - Tahmel flinched under being reprimanded by the doctors tone. He was still recovering and that he didn't have the energy for.

Tahmel tried to swerved around the blanket came of revealing the cast. He needed to move because his butt was getting too numb. He could of murdered a shower. Trying to come up with an answer. "I was scanning no man's land." He inhaled sharply his memory was still foggy, in all honest he didn't want to. "Till I spotted something in the sky, when it was close enough I didn't fire till I realised it wasn't one of our guys. Then we engaged war. My plane took the biggest hit but the other fell before me and I wasn't planning on doing the same"

"I saw him go down with smoke on the engine, I had mechanical failure smoke came from the nose. My system was shutting down. I had two choices let the plane fall from where it was or drag it's backside back to the base which I managed to do. My leg was stuck I couldn't get out from the impact. I tried everything Will. I never felt so scared my entire life when the fire torn me apart the heat was immense. I felt like I was dreaming a nightmare when I saw the wreckage. Then woke up the next finding my leg missing" He frowned trying to stop his own tears.

"I've been out of it since when they pulled me away. William this is the first time I could have an actual conversation. I never felt so lost. I don't think I could fly again. " Tahmel wiped his cheek careful and mindful of the scar. "I had no choice. You were a solider your self. You met my father who the commander. I cannot deny my heritage. I didn't want to be a solider in the first place" He admitted. He felt the cushion on his back. Tahmel was fighting the nausea.

Tahmel tried to get up so he could empty the contents of his stomach. "Not exactly how I pictured meeting you again"

• 1 month later...

Of all the things to be worried about, the man was worried about Will seeing him in such a state? The doctor blinked slowly, his face sliding into what he hoped was an indifferent expression, however it just seemed the blank stare that he often gained in the operating theatre. Will had seen far worse than this...he truly had; he was in Afghanistan. It was difficult not to. And yet this...was affecting him so. William supposed that seeing him in this state wasn't doing the best for him...indeed, maybe he was right. This hadn't been how he himself had imagined meeting him again either.

"Tahm...you need to calm down." He murmured quietly, moving to fill a glass with water from one of the sanitised bottles on the bedside table, dark blue eyes sliding from the pilot so he didn't spill it. Yet, for all of that effort, his hand still shook. "Here....." he murmured, moving a little closer, placing a hand on the bedside-bar. "If you can, prop yourself up a little more...drink some, only sips."

Staring down at the man, he felt a twinge of longing. This man was the same Tahmel he knew...and yet he was in a hospital bed. Missing a limb and with previously-life-threatening injuries. Things could have gone drastically wrong, things could have complicated during surgery, there could have been a delay in the flight and he could have died en-route. He could have died in that plane. His story...William knew this kind of thing well, but hearing it on such a personal level..

He was used to distancing himself from these things, helping with the problem itself as an issue. Yes, he was a partial-psychosis doctor but this was far too personal... "...come on, drink up..."

Will didn't quite know what to do.

Tahmel glanced at Will. Then to the glass, he was unsure. He felt confused. Even the simplest task of drinking. Everyone could drink. Why couldn't he remember? Tahmel groaned softly as he put his back into straightened position, every part of his spine hurt. In-fact his entire body felt like he was run over. The flashing images of his memory, flashed like a light on a mobile. "I don't understand" eyes turned away. It was over whelming. When he gave him self a few minutes to calm down he reached for the glass.

Then he begun to drink it, as if he recognised the feeling of thirst. Tahmel sighed explained why his voice was so hoarse cleared his throat his hands shook as he tried to give it back to Will. But dropped from his hands. Which was understandable. His body had mixed signals. He felt electricity and burning sensation along his body. Like carpet burn. Tahmel leaned against the pillows. "What am I meant to do now?" He asked the duty was all he knew.

Tahmel tried to avoid gazing at the truth of it all. He couldn't return to the plane he knew, it was blown to bits. Here he was half the man that he was to William. He frowned mentally. Why did that both him so much? "I kept this with me" He groaned softly at the locket he pointed weakly. "Has your picture in it" He admitted before sleeping. His body was so tired, he just wanted to escape from the hunk of meat that his body laid helplessly with his spirit trapped.