Dark Destiny (Nyuchanxx)

Nicholi

Name: Lucas

Race: Human

Appearance:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

-----------------------------------------------

The war between the vampyre and lycans had been a long one. Neither side had been able to outwin or outwit the other. They both showed their strengths and their weaknesses. But now... the land they had done battle on was now a wasteland. Nothing dared to move or make a sound among the ruins of what use to be a beautiful field of rare flowers. Had either side come to terms that just maybe... they could live a somewhat peaceful life without wanting to tare each others throats out? That was the question after all, and that answer may never come.

It was midnight, he always found himself only outside during the night nowadays. He could never explain it, except for the fact that he felt comfortable in the dark. Wandering around and exploring the area that had once been the battlefield for the great war so many years ago. It was odd to him, finding that nothing but dead plants inhabited the area. Nothing ever seemed to grow here, and he just could not figure out why.

But afterall, he was only human. And that battle had been way before his time. The legends of Vampyre and Lycans had died away from the village for years, so he didnt hear much except for two old ladys that seemed to ramble on of fairy tales or so thats what everyone said. Yet, he found himself interested in what those ladys kept talking about. Beautiful, handsome and cunning creatures that seemed to never age no matter how much they had been through.

He found himself almost to curious in a way, and silently hoping to meet one of these creatures for himself. But he knew that he was hoping against everything that was logical. Vampyre's didnt exist or so his parents kept telling him when they were alive. They had past away from the plague, yet he stayed unaffected from the disease so many years before.

His gaze lifted to the sky as he stood out in the middle of the old battlefield, in hopes that maybe... just maybe he could find the truth of those creatures.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nyuchanxx

• Nicholi

name: Yukinito Fumihara

race: vampire

personality: subdued tends not to talk about the past and likes to live in the now cause its too painful otherwise, those he is close too have an enormous ability to hurt him emotionally, he enjoys company but rarely has it because he is so insular until someone expresses a genuine interest in him, very kind and thoughtful but defensive of his own people.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Yukinito rose from where he had been crouched paying his respects to an old friend. He picked p a stick and drew the traditional symbol for luck and hope in their race, on the ground by the grave, a single spot with two crossing lines of to its left. He rose to his feet, slowly walking away from the battle field and the grave knowing that that must be the last time he returned there, he couldn't let the past haunt him any longer, the future was the most important now. The future would bring something new, be it for better or worse.

He removed his cloak, keeping only the gem from it to remind him why he did what he did and walked towards the town as his cloak blew off in the wind, towards who knew where. As he approached the town which from the point he was ow he could tell was more of a large village, he noticed a young man staring into the sky, confused he looked up, turning in a circle trying to work out what it was the man was looking at. He could see nothing except the normal grey, desolate sky. Yukinito walked over to the man sure that there must be something wrong that he was missing, no one just looked at a sky a dull and dreary as that one. "excuse me sir, what do you see that i do not? the sky is but a mass off.." He caught himself speaking in an accented voice from his home, and his words were far too polite and considered to be that of common traveller or anyone who lived these days, he spoke again but could not remove his soft accent that permeated his deep voice. "sorry, i just...why are you staring at the sky?"

Lucas lowered his gaze and rubbed his neck to relieve the soreness from staring up at the sky for so long. He was silently hoping that someone would hear his thoughts and help him understand what happened so long ago. He stilled as a voice reached his ears, lowering his hand from his neck as he turned to face whomever it was that spoke to him. His gaze lifting to the man that asked him a question.

He shurged a moment. "No reason..." He said softly. Pausing a long moment as he himself wondered why he kept staring at the sky in the first place. "Just wondering if those creatures those two ladies from the village are real, or if they really are just fairy tales like everyone else says." He said, as he rubbed his neck some more. "They act as if those creatures did exist..." He whispered softly.

((i put a image link up since the image viewer wasn't working..hope that one works!!))

Yukinito frowned trying to work out the point of simply looking, he couldn't, if he looked at something it was for a reason, but that could just have been what was drummed into him after so many years of fighting before now. confused he mentally gave himself a shake to remove the thoughts from his head. For the first time he looked at the man before him, he wore clothes similar to those worn back before the wars, things obviously hadn't changed that much. But what worried Yukinito was the blond locks that sheltered most of the mans face, a feature that no one had ever had before, he squinted his eyes, not liking or trusting the man hidden behind his hair, he couldn't tell lies from the truth when he could only see one eye and the cover made him think the other was hiding something. Slowly he slipped his hand to the hilt of his blade which hung attached to the red sash around his hip. He knew he was probably being to cautious but this man who stared at the sky and thought of fairy tale creature gave him the creeps, what fairy tale creatures? When he was a child the whole idea of Fairy tales was in itself a fairy tale and in his mind still was, so what creatures was the other asking about?

"What creatures, what are you talking about?" Yukinito didn't believe in mythical creatures, he thought that if he believed in everything then when he finally saw and was faced with one he wouldn't be to shocked to act and his belief would not be his own downfall.

Lucas tilted his head a little as he watched the man, not really caring. He had felt that he had not done any wrong, so he looked to the forest line. Frowning as the man's voice reached his ears once again, had he not heard of the great battle so long ago? Everyone knew that one had taken place here, but no one knew the details about it. That is what he wanted to know, he also wanted to know what those creatures where like. Never being able to grow old in appearance. Being so strong along with great speed, it interested him to the point of begging to meet with one.

A soft sigh escaped his lips as he moved his gaze back to the man. Pausing a long moment to decide if this man would laugh at the ridiculousness of believing in fairy tales such as vampires or lycans. For once he decided to chance it and let this man know that he wanted to find a vampire. To learn about them.

"Vampires..." He whispered softly.

(Ohh... smexy picture. Thank you for fixing the image problem. It helps me get into the roleplay better to have an image of the character I am playing with.)

Yunikito's sensitive hearing picked up the softly whispered words, his mind quickly cleared of all external thoughts becoming completely focused on the moment to the second, he could hear, think, smell and anticipate perfectly, his mind was crystal clear as he pulled the man towards him so he was flush with his chest, his head leaning back slightly exposing his chest, as he did so, with his other hand Yukinito removed the blade at his hip pressing it to the others neck with nearly enough pressure t draw blood but not quite.

"what do you know?" He whispered venomously, his eyes stayed focused on the man in front of him, his ears listening closely for the sound of his heart rate changing in case he lied, while he focused his sense of smell on detecting if anyone was nearby least he had to make a narrow escape. "bear in mind if you even think about lying i will push my blade into and make it appear like you had an accident. Yukinito had to admit to himself that the man was unarmed, that was perfectly obvious to his trained senses and therefore he had no idea how he was going to make it seem like an accident but the threat till remained so he just let it stand.

Lucas tensed as he was pulled close to this man, struggling to get loose from this man that had him captive. But it was when he felt the blade against his neck that he stilled. His heart pounding hard as he tried to figure out if this man was going to kill him just for wanting to know more about vampires?

His eyes widened as he heard the mans voice in a dangerous tone. "P-please..." he whimpered softly, obviously scared that this man could possibly kill him easily. "I only know what those old ladies from the village told me, everyone says they are nothing but fairy tales... He whimpered out, his body visibly shaking at that moment. "They said those creatures were elegant, graceful... and that they had helped them when they were in great need of help before the battle had taken place here." He said, the fear radiating off of him in waves.

"I only wanted to know what happened so long ago... And maybe meet one of these creatures. I guess my curiosity is to be blamed on that."

He could feel the other shaking against him, the others kneck flushed with heat where the blade was making contact with his skin. He felt blood drip down his lip, not taking his eyes off the other he quickly flicked his tougne out, licking the blood away, his tounge was unexpectly stopped as it made contact with his long canine which had lengthened to ts natural length. His eyes widened slightly as he realised he had given himself away, shown his teeth. Within seconds he had retracted his teeth back to the normal human length although they remained sharpened into points.

He pressed the bade slightly tighter too the others neck, not sure what to do,now that he had accidently given himself away.

Lucas watched the man even tho he was obviously scared of being killed by him. He did not want to die. But it was when the man's appearance changed a little that caused him to still. Almost in to much shock to even talk about what he had saw. This man was one of them, this was a vampire he was searching for. He just couldnt get it into his head why this man felt so threatened by him. He was human, he couldnt do a damn thing to this creature to do any harm.

His gaze flickered a little, a mix of curiosity and fear could be seen in his eyes and on his face. Better than bringing attention to what the man had accidentally done, as he felt the man already knew. "Please... I wish no harm..." He whispered before the blade was brought a little tighter against his neck. He wouldnt be able to have that blade moved any closer or it possibly could kill him. Not trying to struggle his way away from the man, but instead he looked to the man with confusion and what would seem to be an human innocence on his face. "I just want to know... I find it interesting."

Yukinito looked down at the other, helknee the man was no physical harm to him but now he knew and he had the knowledge which, while most would think him mad some would latch onto the information like leches to blood, they would hunt him to kill him or worse and while he knew most she could kill with ease it did mean that he would have to speed time hiding and not getting into trouble. He looked at the man his eyes piecing into him enjoying the look of fear in the others eyes,it excited him reminding him of the days of the hunt, but another side of him was upset, he never wanted to be that person to strike fear into the souls of others, so when had he become that man?

He sighed, once again how lack of interaction with people recently had been his downfall again.

"I wisho hads just ignored you" he grumbled under hso breath, in a louder voice he said "well since ytoiu know I have to do something and yet since it was my fault I can't kill your stupid hide so...you have one of two options, first I could attempt to wipe your memory which even if done perfectly will leave you slightly broken its a very intrusive process, or..you can travel with me." Yukinito knew he had to give the option but to be honest the last thing he wanted was a pathetic human tagging along with him. He could see this little stunt of his would backfire.

Lucas raised a brow as he heard the man. He was confused, why did the man want to wipe his mind or have a human travel with him? He tried to make sense of it but this man wasn't saying anything that was making even the slightest sense to him right at this moment. The sound of his memory being wiped away did not sound all that good, with the option of being somewhat broken.

Which only left the other option. But did this man really want to put up with him? It seemed that he was getting on this man's nerves, and he hadn't done a damn thing wrong! Lowering his gaze for a long moment. "I would rather be kept in tact instead of being somewhat broken." He whispered softly. Would it really be that bad to have a human around? I mean... it could get rather interesting at times. Lucas could learn about the man and his kind, and then the man could in turn learn.... well he already knew everything about a human.

Yet... maybe this man did not know about his birthmark that was known of legends to the vampires. And defiantly the older vampires that even do not wish to discuss that legend, know the story all to well. His birthmark being displayed on his left hip was in the shape of a dragon.

Yukinito glared at the other, this wasn't happening, how in the space of five minutes had he managed to reveal himself to this punny human. He sighed, he should just have stayed in hiding near the battle field. Slowly releasing the sword from the others neck, he sheathed the weapon concealing it within his red sash. "Well then, since you obviously Dont want your mind wipped then I assume you want to tag along." He sighed.

"Right well if you are going to tag along then I suggest that you find us some horses and make your excuses. Unless you can't ride, I am happy walking but it might be easier on you to ride." He explained trying to keep his voice flat, although he couldn't deny the fact that a part of him wanted this other man to accompany him, but the sensible part of his brain told him this was wrong.

Lucas raised a brow as he listened to the man. Horses... that wasn't a huge problem for him. Excuses? Why did he need any excuses. Then it hit him, the only two in the village that had ever seemed to show him any type of kindness or had even taken care of him when he needed it. Was those two ladies. How was he going to make an excuse for going off with a vampire. His gaze lowered for a long moment.

"Horses I can do." He said softly. "Now, the excuses... that will be a little challenging. As the only two I would need to talk to is those two ladies. But its kinda hard to just leave them with an excuse." He said as he lifted his gaze. "They treated me as if I were their old child. I do not wish to lie to them, But I honestly do not think it is safe to tell them the truth either..." He was confused as to what to do, looking to this man as if he were looking for some kind of answer he could use.

Hr sighed rubbing his slender finger against his temples, there was no way he was going to let this boy tell them the truth but he didnt have any idea either "well I Dont know what you expect me to do about that" he growled, his deep voice revibirating slightly. Sighing again he said "sorry, I didnt mean that, ok well I'll go and talk to them, claim to be some long lost relative or some rubbish like that." He didnt really know what he would say but he assumed he wqpuld be able to improvise once he saw the women and knew what they would want to hear, he was good at that, he could judge exactly what to say to a person just by looking at them and hearing them speak a few words.

"Right well, you lead the way since I assume the village has changed a lot since u was last here." He reached inside the sash at his hip removing a small leather pouch filled with little gold coins, he chucked it to the human "its been a while but I am going to hope that is still the currency in these parts." He said dismissively.

Lucas stepped back at the tone the man had used. It wasn't entirely his fault that those women could catch lies very easily. But he relaxed once the man apologized, nodding a little as the man said that he would think something up. He seemed to cheer up a bit after the man seemed to not be in such of a... pissy mood.

"uh... oh yea." He spoke up after the man had said that the village might of changed a bit since his last visit here. A brow lifted as he watched the man reach for something inside the sash. "Yea, that is still the same currency." He said as he began to lead the man towards the village. "Don't tell me you are going to buy horses..." He whispered. Shaking his head a bit at the thought. There was no need to buy horses when he had two of his own, all he needed to do was to get them from the ladies. They had their own stables, and had given the boy's horses board. As long as he did errands that they were unable to do themselves or their stable hands were to busy to do.

Those horses were his parents, after they passed away, they become his. Two stallions, a pitch black male and a full white female. They were his prized possessions, two of the last things he had from his parents. They were well kept, well fed, and even he made sure to keep them from getting to fat.

The two ladies were sitting in lawn chairs on the front lawn, chatting and laughing among themselves as always. It was when the bright pink haired one had noticed Lucas walking up to them with some stranger. "Ah... there is our boy now. Such a good boy. She chipped up. The other lady turned her head to look towards the other man behind Lucas. Her eyes showed her age and her knowledge much more than her sister. She looked tired and frail. "Hm... And who is this you have brought home with you dear child." Even her voice seemed to have a knowing tone to it.

Lucas stopped in front of the ladies and smiled to the both of them. "Evening Ladies..." He paused after the question that had been asked, his mind completely going blank at that question.

Yukinito followed Lucas into the village, it was still as small as he remembered but then I was hard to find something he didnt think was small after he had lived in the enprmas vampire towns for so long and since that town he hasn't wanted too live in another, resigning himself to living with nature.

He was brought out of his thoughts when Lucas turned into the gate of a small house, he saw the women sitting outside old and frail with age, age was not as kind to humans as it was with his people. He decided he would let the other do the talking until he slipped up and he had to chip on to save the situation. It happened very quickly.

He walked forward to the woman who had asked the question offering his hand to her first then the other "hi, nice to meet you. My name it Yuki." He Introduced himself leaving of his last name and the end of his first name deciding that using his full name if last name would rouse suspicion in them, it tended to be only vampires with such strange and long, complicated names after all. "I am a travelling merchant, I go from town to town seeing if I can sell things and people who I think are interesting I offer jobs to as my acoomplaice to bring people in with their stories, songs, dancing whatever they are good at. To put it simply I want to recruits this going man, the pay is very high we share the money 50% each." He paused briefly to let his lie sink in.

Lucas lowered his gaze as the man spoke to the two women, feeling somewhat ashamed that he was not able to get very far into the discussion without slipping up.

The older lady, (We shall name her, Lilly) Lilly raised a thin brow at the man's word. Taking ahold of his hand gently, but it was the flicker in her eyes as she felt nothing but a cold embrace. Taken back to before the battle of the vampires and lycans, she let her gaze move over to her sister. One thing about these sisters, though they were only a few hours apart. They were twins and had a few special abilities of their own.

The younger sister, Kitty seemed to nod a little to her sister as if in agreement of something. Taking the older gentleman's hand, it only reassured her of what her sister had felt. Clearing her throat a little. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Yuki." She wasn't as physic as her sister, but she herself could feel things that her sister was unable. Which in turn made this team a wonderful duo. "Oh... that sounds wonderful, doesn't it sister."

Lilly frown at her sisters words, but then nodded. "Yes, that is wonderful." Though it was a lie of her own, she feared for Lucas. She did not wish for the boy to be thrown into battle with vampires and lycans. Her gaze lifted to the older man, as if telling him with her gaze that she would not ever forgive him if he should hurt their poor child. In truth, Lucas was like their child in a sense. He had been with them for such a long time after his parents fell ill and passed. So in turn, they took him in to keep him from being an orphan as others would just that.

Yukinito furrowed his brow as the woman's gaze drove into him, it bugged him that somehow they had managed to see through his lie and had recognised that he wasn't human. He licked his lips wondering if his fangs had unconsciously grown, they had not. He glared back at the two women challenging them to say something, "yes well quite." he said dismissively "now i need to go and get some things so.." he turned slipping his hand into Lucas's pocket removing his purse without him noticing, looking at the house, it had a stable at the back so he wouldn't need to pay for horses anyway. He walked away saying with his back turned to the people "pack, say your good byes and I'll meet you at the Southern edge of the town in an hour." he continued walking out the gate, not sparing a second glance behind him.

Once out of sight and earshot he sighed and rubbed his head with his hand, how on earth had they figured him out? he had assumed that the idea of him being a traveller would account for his odd accent which came from his years living in the deep West amongst his own people but something made him think that it wasn't his accent that warned the two women of his species but something else, something he wasn't aware of and that made it worse, the fact that he could not hide what he did not know about made him uneasy.

Lucas looked towards the man as he began to walk off, frowning a little and trying to figure out what he was up to as he made his way off. Sighing softly as he turned his gaze to the women who spoke to him.

"Child... Please do be safe. I would hate to hear from anyone that you were harmed or worse..." Lilly's voice trailed off for a long moment.

Kitty nodded as her sister spoke. Even as old as they were, there was still secrets they kept from the boy. Namely physic powers. "Do go on and pack child. You can grab the horses when you are finished. Return to us when you are finished as we will have something for you by then before you take off." She said softly.

Lucas nodded at their words and went off to his room to pack a bag. There wasn't much that he needed anyways, But there was one thing that he did grab. A small box, it was a simple little wooden box. He didn't dare open it as what was inside he did not want to ruin. It was something very sentimental to him from his mother that he did not wish to lose. After he finished packing his things he threw his bag on his back and headed off to the stable to grab the horses.

Saddling them up, as he had been taught how to do at a young age. It was natural to him now that he did not even have to think if he missed anything. Once he finished tying the reins onto the bits that were hung in the horses mouths easily. Strangely enough these horses didn't act like the ones in the wild. Yet, they originally were wild. His father had tamed them down to be good work and riding horses.

Leading the horses down from the stables he stopped back at the two women that were sitting there as if they had never moved. Once he stopped in front of the women the two feeble woman stood from their seats and moved over to the horses, murmuring something under their breaths at the two beasts. Lucas could not tell exactly what they had said, but then again they were always doing weird stuff. After they agreed with the horses and set a few things up to insure safety, they turned to Lucas. Placing a necklace around his neck.

"As long as you have this on you, you will be safe. And... you may learn a few things new that you did not know before." Lilly said softly. But it was Kitty that gave her an accusing look, as if not to say a damn word to him about what they could do and what he could find out soon enough. It was a part of the charm, he had to learn it himself. Lilly sighed as she looked to her sister, exchanging looks back and forth.

All of this made no sense to him and decided not to figure out why these women acted so strangely now towards him. Saying his goodbyes to the two, he climbed up into the saddle of the white horse and began to trot off towards the southern edge of town.

Yukinito wandered the shops in the centre collecting food and other perishable items that he had run out off. looking up at the sun he realised it was edging close to the hour mark and he was the furthest from the West he could get. He didn't really care if the other was waiting but he hated to be late it really bugged him so he carefully wrapped all the items up in a makeshift bag and ran back to the other side of town careful to keep his pace to a human speed so people wouldn't find him out.

He arrived at the town gate before the human frowning he looked back up at the sun, analysing its position. Lucas had one minute and thirty two seconds to arrive before he became late and that really would annoy him, if there was one thing he hated more than himself being late it was other people being late. He leant against the wall shutting his eyes. In the darkness he saw the horrors off the war replay before him and he quickly opened them again allowing reality to stream back to him. He noticed in the few seconds his pulse had become erratic, his breathing fast and his fangs had grown as well as his eyes became a bright red, glowing. He quickly retracted his fangs and controlled his breathing which in turn returned his eyes to their normal colour.

Lucas however on horseback, knew he was a little late. But he couldn't really be blamed for that, as Lilly and Kitty had taken their time. Old women are known to take up time. Lucas nudged the horse to move a little faster as he rounded the corner, making sure that the other behind him kept up at a decent place.

It hadn't taken to terribly long when he made it to the area. Stopping the horses in front of the man, he had an apologetic look on his face. "Sorry for the wait..." He said softly. "They wouldn't let me go until they knew I would be safe." He whispered softly. Pausing at the look on the mans face as if something had just happened right before he had gotten there. Which worried him a little. "Are you alright?" He asked softly.

"your late." Yukinito growled out annoyed more at himself for not being able to control himself. The other was only a couple of seconds late and he knew that he wasn't late and he shouldn't have snapped and yet he had. scowling he snapped "i'm fine, now lets go." not waiting for a reply he leapt onto the black horse kicking here into a trot as he left the village assuming the other would follow.

Lucas was a little hurt by the snapping tone the other had used against him. But shook his head a little at the thought. Sighing softly he watched the other jump onto the other horse and began to trot off. He nudged his horse to follow after him at a decent pace. Not falling behind as he let his own thoughts take him away for a short moment. He wandered what had caused the man to act that way toward him.

But then again, he didn't know that man all that well either. Sighing softly, he lowered his gaze to his horse. Not really looking at the horse, but the thoughts that ran their course. It was a sound that caused him to snap out of his thoughts, looking up at where the noise had come from. He couldn't quite make out what had caused it, but it didn't sound like it was a good thing either. He looked to the man in front of him, as if the man knew what it was.

The noise happened to be a rogue lycan, that was following them at a distance. Growling and snarling as it weaved in and out of the tree's that lined the trail they were on.

"stop." Yukinito ordered as his eyes flicked around the trees. Damn how had that damn beast found them already? It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a damn rouge lycan, they were the worst their moto tended to be 'kill or be killed' and Yukinito really had no desire to be fighting right now but he had a feeling it might help calm him down so he quickly dismounted passing the reins to the other and drawing his sword from its sheath, the metal ringing as it was drawing, the vibrations bouncing of the trees.

Focusing he enhanced all og his senses, in the isolation he allowed his eyes to glow and his fangs to lengthen as he allowed his instincts to take over, his eyes flashed from side to side as he watched the lycan scamper amongst the trees. Not wanting the human to get hurt in this battle he moved away to a safe distance. The lycan pounced as he was moving, catching him off guard it ripped a hole in his sleeve, blood dripped from the wound but he didn't notice it, too intent on the battle ahead as his brain rushed to predict the animals next move. It ran at his left before pouncing at his right at the last second, Yukinito growled as he was forced to duck to avoid having his head disembowelled. He was on the defensive side at the moment and he was being forced to dodge and perry all the blows the lycan tried to land upon him. He cursed his bad luck as dodged the blows, why did the Lycans have t be so intelligent!? Finally he could defend no longer he knew it had been a long time since he fought and he would tire quicker against such a strong enemy so he had to attack or risk his life as well as Lucas's and he didnt think that would sit well with the women he met earlier.