Fullmetal Alchemist Fanclub

OctoberNight

full+metal+alchemist+fma2.jpg

I've seen no fanclub for this, and I'm shocked! So I thought I'd make it.

If you're a fan, join and let's roll up our sleeves, slap our hands together, and create something great!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OctoberNight

• BlaqueCatt

• SqueezeBabe

• Kumikoko

I wasn't too much a fan of the Anime of 'Brotherhood' despite the detail in all of the homunculi (which I loved) but the good animation just wasn't the same as the original Anime that came out in 2004-2005. (BTW, FMA won best Anime of 2005, so proud!)

I read the Manga, so I don't feel like watching 'Brotherhood'. I had no idea why they felt they had to make it again. You have the Award Winning Anime that obviously did great. If you wanted a story more closely related to the Manga, read the Manga! I think they were just milking the cash cow on that one. But definitely, yes, you guys are in.

As for Yaoi in FMA, I guess the only pics I've collected of it have been only a few Ed and Roy, Ed and Al, and of course, Ed and Envy. But usually, this is the first Anime I was a het supporter of Ed and Winry. Which is rare for me.

From what i can remember - I think brotherhood was more closely related to the Manga?

Both are very good... and well the original FMA didn't explain the origins of everything, whereas brotherhood did.

Honestly I liked Brotherhood more than the original because it did explain things a bit better, and for me it was easier to understand. I'm kind of neutral with the EdXWinry thing, but I do prefer RoyXEd. I've also see some MaesXRoy fanfiction; I'm not sure what I think about that.

Personally I could understand the Anime just fine. If I wanted a deeper explanation of things, there was the Manga. I could deal with having those two separate. I don't understand why they felt they had to remake it.

Because not everyone reads the Manga... I haven't read any of the Manga, i've only watched the Anime, and Brotherhood filled in some of the gaps for me...

*shrugs*

Oh that's totally fine I suppose. But the Manga is a great read, despite that I dislike a couple characters that showed up. To be honest, I did get a little spoiled on the Anime, so I became slightly biased.

• 2 weeks later...

^Oh ho, just you wait, the manga starts to differ from the first Anime pretty soon. But I liked the differences. But as I said, I got spoiled on the Anime. I thought it was really well done, and so is the Manga, don't get me wrong. But Brotherhood just rubbed me the wrong way, they did too many small things different. : /.

• 3 months later...

I watched the original Fullmetal Alchemist Anime. I have to say I was fond of the RoyxEd there.

I read up to maybe the 14th manga volume before I was done with the Edxwinry being shoved down my throat. I also did not enjoy most of the new characters that showed up.

While I am fond of the Brotherhood animation style, and have watched a couple episodes, I haven't done much.

As far as yaoi goes, this being a yaoi forum, my interests go like this.

RoyxEd

EnvyxEd

ScarxEd

EdxAl (On extremely rare occasions is this cute. Normally, it disturbs me. )

• 2 months later...

I feel bad I've let this slip. Things have been hectic as hell what with work and what-have you. So my deepest apologies everyone, I will strive for better...

The only Yaoi by the way that I have of FMA was a passing fancy in Ed and Roy, but that quickly faded. I do however still have Ed and Al and Ed and Envy. But that's about as far as it got. And it was all for pure guilty pleasure. I don't believe any Yaoi exists whatsoever in this Anime.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I LOVE full metal alchemist. But I really don't see EdxRoy as a couple... Roy is a womanizer, I would belive him with Hughes, but not with Ed. That doesn't mean it does not turn me on, I'm pretty atracted to it so I like it anyways. But I prefer maybe EnvyxEd or Ed and Al... But again, there's not much chemistry there... But well the characters of this series are HOT so it's always nice to see it hehe

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I LOVE FMA! EdXEnvy Forever! They are just so cute and Envy is No.1. favourite character. Ed is the second one. :leaf15:leaf3

I love the manga and both anime adaptations and can't wait for the live-action in December.

- - - Updated - - -

I LOVE full metal alchemist. But I really don't see EdxRoy as a couple... Roy is a womanizer, I would belive him with Hughes, but not with Ed. That doesn't mean it does not turn me on, I'm pretty atracted to it so I like it anyways. But I prefer maybe EnvyxEd or Ed and Al... But again, there's not much chemistry there... But well the characters of this series are HOT so it's always nice to see it hehe

EnvyXEd for me too! They are so cute and HOT together. But EdXAl... don't know, it feels strange for me.