Gundam Wing FanClub

OctoberNight

gw_group4.jpg

I'm not sure the average age base around here on the forums but I remember growing up on this Anime, and it has a very special place in my heart.

If anyone else here is a fan, please, join, and let's geek out!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OctoberNight

• Duch

• Tetsu

• Silver Radiance

Saw this anime high school. Can't remember much since it was a long long time ago (1999), but love for Gundam all started from this series. And I remember my classmates and I would choose characters like mine's Heero and your Duo and all that. Memories.

And I have to be honest, haven't seen Waltz. /selfheadshot

Waltz is amazing! If you get the chance, watch it! It shouldn't be too expensive to buy either. I would highly recommend it! Also if you are able to find the Manga "Episode Zero", pick it up and read it, it is all the GW boys stories before they became pilots, and its definitely deserving of any GW fan's collection! The art, and everything is great. I am glad I have someone who remembers this. I grew up watching Gundam Wing and I am definitely stoked that someone is willing to be a part of my FanClub. You are in.

I am usually a lot more picky on my members, asking questions about the series and asking for PM answers. But, here, I am not going to be that picky. I am just thrilled someone replied. ; )

Actually had planned to DL the entire series. Still hadn't get around getting a new External HD. So re-watching the anime and watching Waltz will have to wait till then. Ah yes, I think we were born on the same year. You'll turn 27 come October if memory serves.

Part of the fun of following the series with a group of friends was pairing characters with them. Was a rotten guy even back then and we kept pairing Duo and Quatre. We all thought Quatre's gay. rofl

Well actually I'll be 27 in March. ^^;; I'm an Aries. But anyway---I always paired Heero and Duo ^^ and put Trowa with Quatre!

Wufei didn't really seem to .... go with anyone, you know? Lol, poor Wufei.

Oh sorry, I thought your B-day's October. Haha. Guess I'm older than you by a year.

Yeah, poor Wufei. Even among my friends, only one liked him.

And on a totally unrelated subject, I like your location. Reminds me of Harry Potter. And you seem to be changing sets a lot. Nice song on the Music thread too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but I am a sucker for Zechs (Milliardo) x Duo Maxwell.

Odd pairing but I like it.

Gundam Wing was one of the few anime I thought was very well structured and logical in a tactical sense.

I agree! And I'm one of those individuals that never like to forget my Anime Roots. And Gundam Wing was definitely one of them. Just like Cowboy Bebop, DBZ, and even Pokemon. Lupin the 3rd too of course.

Zechs and Duo? That is a really odd coupling. They didn't have too much interaction in the series, did they? Where do you get that from?

Several reasons.

The Prince and Pauper theory was quite attractive to me for one, seeing as how they are so different they could be quite compatable and also the fact that they had little interaction in the series means they have more to find out about eachother. From a psychological stand point, they went through similar situations in their childhood with having everything torn away from them, whether rich or poor they suffered the same and that pain translated in different ways for them into who they are today. I imagine Zechs seeing Duo struggle when they came from similar situations and being left with no family when he at least has his sister, would be an emotional thing for him.

I could go on about other theories but I won't bore you. Besides, I really love the fact they both have beautiful long hair and look hot together even if you don't look at anything else.

*Chuckles*

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I've been on a bit of a hiatus. Work has been keeping my busy. Also, I'm usually very busy at the middle to end of October.

Your theory is interesting by the way, but in my mind it's a bit of a stretch, especially since what with the whole fighting and war thing going on, they really would only find out what they needed to know to 'know thine enemy'. I don't think either one of them would have been focused or obsessed enough on each other to go digging any deeper. But hey, that's why they call it a Yaoi fantasy, right?

What I always wondered is that, after Endless Waltz and the destruction of their Gundams, where everyone went. And if they decided to keep contact? Yeah it gives you an idea of what they go and do at the end of the movie, but it makes me wonder.

• 3 months later...

I know it has been a while since I've been on, what with work and everything, but I suppose not a lot of people are interested in Gundam Wing. This makes me very sad.

• 2 months later...

Duo and Zechs is a guilty pairing pleasure of mine. So much beautiful hair and hotness! I like fics about them set after the war, though, when everyone has time to catch their breath and examine their feelings. I enjoy Duo/Heero fics as well but sometimes I get a little glutted on them. It's like eating too many sweet things at once, I suppose.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

ahhhhhhh I'm also a huge fan of Gundam Wing! The music was great, the political intrigue was awesome, the boys were hot....what's not to like??!:leaf15:

I remember freaking out one of my friends when I stumbled onto GW doujinshi pictures online and showed her. I totally thought they were canon, since I thought all manga would be from the original source. hahaha It took a while for me to figure out that bit. So, I'm always partial to Heero/Duo, Trowa/Quatre, but I never really read too much of it. (I also am okay with the canon het pairs, sorry. /shot)

GW was my first experience with the Gundam series. I've tried Gundam SEED as well, but definitely GW is my favorite. I go back to rewatch it, every once in a while. And always in English dub, since that was how I first experienced it. ^_^ I can't say THAT for a lot of anime series, but I'll always stick to dub with this one.