Kyuugo Hen: GEHENNA [Group RPG][Feat. Saga]

xpstv8.jpg

† _ Plot

Ao No Exorcist Universe

It is said that Satan was the only one who is able to open The Gates of Gehenna, the only one able to open his realm into Assiah. But a secret is yet soon to be revealed. Shirō Fujimoto, Exorcist: Paladin, father to Rin and Yukio Okumura, sired a son seventeen years before his death, and also the first human to successfully open The Gates of Gehenna. Shin Kuromi Pius, Exorcist: Upper First Class, found out that Satan had a hand in his father's death and in a bid to exact his revenge followed his father's trails and came to know the secrets of opening the Gehenna Gates. He did so, in a hidden location, heavily scripted with demon protection circles, just before he plunged into its depths; not knowing that he left behind an open gate. Demon activity in Vatican drastically increased after that, and all available Exorcists were dispatched to lend in a hand.

Meanwhile, Mephisto Pheles, True Cross Academy Principal, figures out that the Gehenna Gates have been opened and dispatches the Okumura twins along with a few others to investigate it. Upon their failure on pinpointing where the Gates of Gehenna had been opened, Mephisto recalls them and gives them the most dangerous mission no Exorcist had been given: To go to Gehenna itself and find the one responsible. But what awaits them in the realm of the demons is something they'd never expect.

† _ Genre

Action, Adventure, Supernatural, Angst/Tragic/Comedy on the side

† _ Rules

Good Grammar

No Godmodding

Maximum of 2 Meister Categories

Characters must be 18 and above

Maximum of 2 Familiars if you have Tamer as a Category

Must be able to reply a minimum of 1 paragraph[6-8 sentences]

† _ Warning

Violence, Possible disturbing descriptions, Strong language, Hardcore yaoi scenes

Players

† _ It is not necessary to choose a per-existing character. OCs are very much welcomed.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Role Players[/TD]

[TD]Characters[/TD]

[TD]Exorcist Class[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Saga[/TD]

[TD]

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
[/TD]

[TD]Exorcist Middle Second Class[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Dusutii[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Exorcist Middle First Class

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Satou-san[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Esquire[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]KyAzrel[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Exorcist Upper First Class[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]InkompleteWish[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Demon

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Techno[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Demon[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Exorcist Ranks

† _ No taking the big three: Chancellor, Arc Knight and Paladin

Exorcist_rank_chart.jpg

Player Order

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Player[/td]

[td]Role[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]KyAzrel[/td]

[td]Pius, Shin Kuromi[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Dusutii[/td]

[td]Cerulian, Arthur[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Satou-san[/td]

[td]Yoshitsunaga, Shou[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]InkompleteWish[/td]

[td]Jasper[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Techno[/td]

[td]Lucifer[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Saga[/td]

[td]Okumura, Rin[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

True Cross Academy. It had been awhile since he was here. Familiar and unfamiliar buildings stood in an almost endless line of commercial and living spaces. The aura of the place was still the same; a peaceful silence that bellied a discordant turmoil. Either that or it was just him and the sudden increase in numbers of the demons. Somehow he just knew that Mephisto had something to do with it. That was why he was here, wasn't he? Or perhaps he was just here to visit his apprentice. Very few messages for the past two years and someone in Vatican was bound to go looking.

A careful step and a silent push, the door leading to the Principal's office was opened. No one knew he was visiting. Yet there Mephisto was, sitting on his chair and the Arc Knight just knew that he was expected. He gave the demon..err..man a long quiet stare, mentally debating whether his assumptions about the other was true or otherwise.

"Mephisto," He began, his voice a deep rumbling purr. "I am here regarding the recent news. I'm sure that you have an idea as to why it is happening." Then he was silent, walking beyond the table and staring out the windows. "Although I could also say that I am merely here, visiting Shin." A small smirk graced his lips, hands going behind him to clasp together. "I assume you know where his living quarters are?"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady.Taser

• Tetsu

• InkompleteWish

Wandering around True Cross Academy he sighed again. These were not the halls he knew, not the corridors, rooms or people he knew. Oh he could communicate with them just fine, but they just didn't interest him. He wanted to go back, he had left all of his research over in England, all of his notes. Arthur froze, they wouldn't... burn his notes would they? Surely not, maybe they would just put them in storage somewhere ready for him to come back. He continued walking, currently he was just exploring, getting to know where everything was and seeing if there were any interesting specimens around. None so far, but there was still plenty of the Academy left.

He stopped and looked out the window, it was sunny. Not only was the sun out but it had been out all day and it was hot, this weather was not what he was used to and he had decided earlier in the day that he needed to buy more clothes. Just as soon as he found someone to show him around.

It felt as though they had been avoiding him to be honest, he knew he didn't have the best of reputations among the other exorcists, he had only wanted to investigate the demons though. Sighing he leaned his arms on the window sill and rested his chin in his hands.

As he gazed out of the window, not really focusing he noticed a group of exorcists walking around on the ground, pink hair drawing his gaze. It surprised him that someone would have hair that colour, the boy seemed to be running away from something though he couldn't quite see what from his view point.

Sighing he turned away and continued walking, trying this time to find someone to talk to about what he should do. Having arrived earlier on that day he didn't yet know what they wanted him to do.

Bored. Taking regular classes is just boring Shou. Since he was raised in secrecy, he never formally attended any school at all despite the one provided by their clan. Which is why when he was sent to the True Cross Academy, taking normal classes bores him and makes his head explode. Complicated numbers and foreign languages he considers "alien language" should never had been taught. To him, it was a waste of time. His purpose of attending the school is to formally study to become an exorcist, not a damn regular student.

He's pissed off, particularly to Mephisto. Not only did he deny of his plea for exemption in taking regular classes, he even placed him at a section of the cream-of-the-crop students. Now, his head is really going to detonate. After blankly staring at the board for several hours, regular classes finally ended. Happy, he stood up while stretching both of his arms apart, yawning. He headed straight to the cram class. Well, it was not really something he'd like. However, unlike the regular class, the cram school at least teach them about exorcists. They, the esquires, would sometimes accompany their professor in exorcism jobs, though they never got the chance to exorcise themselves.

He should have been strong enough to exorcise. However, since he needed authorization, he just can't do anything.

"Damn Mephisto. I should just kill him the next time we met!" he cursed.

It should have been the time when Mephisto usually appears teasing him as always. However, he didn't appear which made Shou even more angrier. Going to the cram class, he kicked a a pole which gave a loud metallic sound to vent his anger.

The streets of the True Cross Academy were as bustling and lively as ever. A demon if such beings even existed would be easily spotted. Those were the thoughts that humans without power have yet it was completely different than they thought. Demons are not easy to spot, especially not if they don't want to be spotted. Most can shapeshift or just make themself appear human. Only an excorcist or the like would be able to distinguish them from normal humans. So even among this giant group of people at least two demons will be walking around. Jasper for example.

The demon was sitting near the kerbside of the road. Like the trickster demon that he is, he is offering some old known shell game. Where you need to choose a cone out of three that hopefully has the little coin so you can win. But don't get me wrong, Jasper is not cheating with his powers, it is just that he is the demon of gamble and is easily able to forsee an action. Many lost their money but some even won. It was a fair game i would say.

//Gets boring, i got enough money. Should i buy something?// the demon thought about it, he could buy his beloved Takoyaki. Or he could visit his brothers in the Academy. Maybe something fun will happen. Almost everytime Jasper visited Mephisto it would result into pure madness. Especially if Ammaimon is there too. They really liked each other as brothers yes but still.....as demons some quite....unusual things happen. Either way, it was time to visit his brothers. "Need to return to Gehenna today too. Why not visit them and maybe irk some students on the way there?" he said to himself, grinning like the mad fool that he is.

I'm sorry, Yuri...

"That Satan..." Lucifer muttered, red eyes narrowing in frustration. It was rare for him to show emotion as he was but a demon with a cold heart but who wouldn't be angered for their powers to be sealed? If he didn't escape sooner, then he would have been in danger battling the other demons even the low-classed ones,

As of now, he had the powers enough to defeat a few upper-class demons even without using his knowledge but alas, it wouldn't be enough. Not until he could at least bring back some of his powers that Satan took away.

I couldn't be with them...

He cursed his 'brother', that damn ruler. He knew, he knew that Lucifer would do anything just to be with his lover's sons. He knew that he wanted to protect them, to guide them, to teach them as he was the unofficial 'godfather'. And to remedy that, he had sealed Lucifer's strength.

But the red demon would have none of that, the desire fueled him to backfire the sealing process that scattered his powers. He just hoped that none of the demons could find the small red glows hidden away.

I... couldn't...

"...Tsk."

Not only that but the Gehenna gates that separated the demon world from the Assiah world was now open. Successfully at that one.

"Who is the idiot that opened the gates? That damn fool..."

But maybe... he could see them again.

Rin... Yukio...

x1kg1h.jpg

"It's the birth of a Blue Exorcist... whose self-imposed fate is to kill his own comrades."

Mephisto Pheles. Or better known as Samael in the abyss, one of the 'Eight Kings of Hell'. A man of secrets and wonders. Truth to be said, many doubt his loyalty to the human world and his title as exorcist. Thus, Vatican always keep their eyes on that man. But what was there terrifying about him, was, his quickness of mind combined with the control of time. But truly, his purpose differs from any other demon known to human world. He controls time; he saw many things - some beautiful and some ugly. What was the thing that made him side with humans? Or was it really siding with them, but not playing just another game?

Heh.

The barrier around the school shattered, but yet not destroyed. It was a clear sign that the one who Mephisto expected was already here. The principal leaned back on his chair, he captured his slender, gloved fingers in crossing manner before his face. The smirk played on his sharp lips, to give even sharper sense to his fangs. There, the crack of door came right in time. The forest green eyes of the demon greeted the visitor.

[Mephisto,]

The greet-back came just right away, in such a teasing but yet cocky way. How could Samael resist the chance to return that 'kindness'? The principal uncrossed his fingers as moved smoothly to side his arm. Exposed to his own cocky grin.

[i am here regarding the recent news. I'm sure that you have an idea as to why it is happening.]

It was clear that the sudden visit had its purpose, of course. Pheles kept his silence on lips remain a few more seconds, as the other moved to the window. It was not really needed for Mephisto to follow the steps. He just stood on his chair, glance fixed forward. Somehow the atmosphere was pretty tensed,not because they weren't first-buddies, but because of the current topic.

[Although I could also say that I am merely here, visiting Shin.]

[i assume you know where his living quarters are?]

How lovely. So the other finally came to the actual bull-point.

- Well, well. It's been awhile, but you've lost your teasing skills not, my friend.

The purple haired demon rose an eyebrow, still with gaze fastened at wall. He couldn't back off, but he couldn't really give away information that could bring the current situation upside-down. In brief, watching his own steps as if being on a thin ice.

- But I am rather surprised though.

His lips continued in a teasing way, speaking by tone clearly not backing off,

- Of all people I never expected you'd play it dumb.

A fast throw of glance, Mephisto darted his rarely showed glare. It was only at times when something big happened, when Mephisto would keep a secret.

- Of all people I never expected you'd play it dumb.

A raised eyebrow and a slow turn of head. That was not the reply he was expecting, nor the reply he wanted to hear. He stayed silent though, deliberating whether it was just in jest or if the Principal was actually serious. The latter had no sense though. Shin himself had said that he would be here, at True Cross Academy, teaching esquires basic Aria theories. The reason behind it was still a mystery, but at a time like this they all needed every available Exorcists.

"We can talk about what is happening out there at a later time." A small sigh escaped his lips as his gaze rested back beyond the windows. "I need to talk to Shin." Silent words yet filled with underlying worry. "Tell me where his quarters are." It was a request, but sounded like an order; An order given by a higher ranking Exorcist to a lower one.

- - - - - -

Blood cascaded down his forehead, left arm hanging limply at his side. A torn lip, three broken ribs and an arrow jutting out his lower abdomen. He was lucky she missed anything vital. He coughed, blood pouring out his lips and into the hellish ground. He checked the gun clenched in his right hand; three bullets left. He looked in front of him and a smirk graced his lips.

Two arms severed, three arms pierced, one arm broken, arachnid legs and lower body all bound in chains and ultimately immovable. But her eyes still spat fire and mouth a litany of obscenities and curses.

She had said that no mortal could survive Gehenna. She had said that he wouldn't just die, that he would become like them and he would watch in chains as his body slaughtered the people he loved. He scoffed at the memory. Love. Like he had experienced it. Perhaps when he was just a child, but he was no longer that.

[You are a demon that I will not seal.]

Was his words, just as his body convulsed and swayed to fall onto his knees. Poison? It was impossible. Her fangs did not touch him, her arrow did not radiate it. Then how?

"Miasma." She stated simply, her fangs bared before her eight eyes darted towards her severed arms.

It was her blood. Oh, she was smart. He smiled, standing crookedly to his feet before pointing his gun towards her head. She smiled then his shot rang as his body crumpled to the ground.

Arthur had finally found some higher ranking exorcists. It had only taken him 4 hours, he sighed before approaching her. 4 hours, a couple of trips down the stairs by falling, Arthur could swear he was going to have permanent bruises all over him from the number of unplanned falls he had down stairs and corridors. A couple of visits to the roof, and how many exits did one building need to get to the roof, or were they the same exit and he had just got lost inside the building, he wasn't sure anymore. There were also a couple of times he accidentally walked into a class that was in session, he even tried to stay in the science class, but for some reason he was kicked out of it.

"Hey, can you help me?" She turned as he spoke, presenting him with a sullen and unhappy face. He sighed internally, just what he needed as he continued talking since she was just staring at him, not even acknowledging his greeting..

"um... I just got transferred here today from the British branch.... who do i nee...."

"The Principal" She cut him off part way through his sentence and waved dismissively towards rest of the academy. "In his office." after having said those 5 words she left him standing like a lost puppy in the middle of the corridor, and a lost puppy is exactly what he felt like.

Arthur turned around and sighed heavily, he was going to be a lot more bruised by the end of the day, or when he finally gave up searching for the day anyway. He could already see the sun starting to dip over the edge of the horizon. he wasn't even sure he could make it back to his room easily and so decided to try and find the principal the next morning as he set out on what ended up being 2 hours to find his way back to his room.

The cram school looked just as similar they way he left it the previous day, and the day before that. He was excited about what they were going to do for the day. To be honest, going to cram school helped him get stronger. His clan taught him high level onmyouji skills and they teach better than anyone else. However, knowing some more stuff about exorcism helped him a lot. There were areas which he was weak at as an Onmyouji, but learning how to properly defend, attack and cooperate at the cram school helped him so much.

This time, they were going outside to help their professor with some business. Well, the business was to take charge of the mess left after the exorcism. Seriously, he wanted to do the exorcism himself and see for himself how he'd grown up as an future exorcist. But as always, he won't be allowed.

The outside of the True Cross Academy just looked as splendid as ever. It may looked like several building piled up randomly to others, to him it was a beautiful place with a great barrier and a good architectural design that confuses demons. Walking, together with his classmates and the professor at Cram school, he noticed a man who seemed weird.

No, there's nothing wrong with him. However, there was an odd feeling about him. Something like, he's someone fake... someone who's not real.

"Shoucchan?" A classmate called him as the guy continued "you're going to be left behind"

It was then when he noticed he actually stopped looking and stared at the guy. He tossed around his feeling of suspicion to the guy and continued walking with the others, smacking the guy who talked to him earlier.

"I told you not to call me Shoucchan!!?"

Jasper stopped on his tracks to the takoyaki shop. He felt someone starring at him so he followed his intuiton. Someone was really staring at him from the other side of the road. Judging from the clothes the other is wearing, Jasper guess that the one staring at him was an exorcist. At least that would explain why the other was staring at him. The boy must have felt that he is different than those around him. A demon of course. Or not, the boy seemed to be still in training so he couldn't pinpoint Jasper as a demon. Well, lucky for the demon himself. At least the boy wouldn't attack him. So after the other turned around to walk with his classmates again, Jasper hastly made his way to the takoyaki vendor.

Jumping on top of another pillar, Jasper discarded his takoyaki stick into a nearby trashcan. He licked his lips and looked up to the great tower where he knew Mephisto would be. So without further ado, the demon jumped towards it. Because of his powers, he was able to jump that high. As soon as he was close to the windows, he stopped. There was someone else in the office. Well, no use in hiding himself, the other saw him probably already. The demon landed on the windowsill and opened the large windows. "Hey Meph. Who is your guest? A pleasure of meeting you Sir." he said, bowing to the exorcist. After bowing, he sat down on one of the chairs. He didn't care if he was interupting something. He was a demon after all.

BOOM!

"Fools." He said in a low voice. Jaw set, lips pursed, eyes narrowed, it was obvious in just one look that he was annoyed. Horns, gauntlets and tail covered in bright red flames and on his hand was his treasured sword, Laevatein, consumed by the same flames. Despite the anger in his face, he looked quite tired, it was not obvious to untrained eyes. His stiff posture slacking, breaths uneven, eyes crinkled under skilled subtlety.

Why? The reason why—

"...It seems that I have gotten carried away."

One step. Two step. Three step. Stop.

"..."

He bent down to take the small red glow hidden inside the small crevice in his hand, it felt colder than before. It didn't matter to him, he was used to this coldness.

(How cold.)

His energy returned enough for him to not feel tired and now he felt stronger but not enough. There were so many scattered, not to mention that Satan had some of his. How troublesome this became. He eyed his surroundings.

Battlefield.

His surroundings were mostly destroyed, as if a long battle had occurred. It did. He faced one of a group of demons, he had trouble with the ringleader, in the end, it was his complete victory. When was the last time he felt this exhilaration of a battle where he struggled? It has been so long, was it not?

He wanted more.

But for now...

"..."

For now he had to find the missing pieces. And crush who dared step on his way.

(How very cold.)

x1kg1h.jpg

"And he asked of me to make a man out of him."

[We can talk about what is happening out there at a later time]

Ah, so the other knew about the current situation, or rather... he had some idea

of what was about to happen. Mephisto moved his gaze away, noticing the presence of a demon

he hasn't seen for ages, but no - not yet. He was still far, but had he the time to give a hint to

the exorcist?

In such manner, Maphisto loved games but not when the rules were wrong.

And certainly, the rules in human's world were such. But that was actually what he enjoyed, the taste of their own defeat caused by no one but themselves. Always,always asking 'why' on the defeat, but never actually asking 'when'. There was a difference in the answer when you asked the right question.

[i need to talk to Shin. Tell me where his quarters are.]

A brief of second for silence, just to be shattered. He felt the barrier being disturbed by Jasper, thus he rose from his chair and reached for his so-hilarious umbrella.

- Return to Vatican.

Pheles swished his umbrella as turned around, pinning its tip against the wall as it sided near the male's cheek giving the soft sensation of the fabric.

- Tell them to prepare for a war. The Shin you knew is no longer there.

That was clearly enough for the other to know two things;

Mephisto knew something fearsome was about to happen and he intended not to tell anything else, but just the warning.

And right in time, the windows were spread open before them. Mephisto grinned widely. Was he enjoying the taste of being right,

or that he actually managed to sneak away - like always?

He retreated the umbrella and span around in a joyful dancing.

- Oh my, I have the pleasure to see Jas. Let's have some tea, my dear friend was actually just leaving.

Pheles hummed under his nose and used his umbrella to lean on,as if it was some wood cane. Answering to Jasper's question.

- Dear,dear friend I can always trust my life to.

What sarcasm he had, never losing his twisted ways of bending one's mind and wishes.

That was the demon who controlled the time,Pheles Mephisto.

uycnp.png

"My only father... is the old man..."

A road straying away from Mephisto's school, a road that knew sad footsteps.

A road that saw sorrow and a lot of shed tears. Okumura walked down that road, smoothly turning

to take on a certain alley as a few petals 'ran' off the bouquet he had in hand. His chin lowered as his new uniform spoke for his leveled up rank. The demon was unaffected by the crosses that surrounded him on that graveyard. After all, he was neither of demon or of a human.

The silence on that alley reigned, his thoughts screamed.

Foot paused before a certain gravestone that had letters engraved with respect -

Shiro Fujimoto.

Memories rushed in his mind, it was unavoidable.

- Jiji...

Rin lowered down to place the flowers before the stone, crouching in front.

- How are you doing, old man?

He rose his chin, staring at the name engraved. No answer came out of the grave, yet his eyes

were glittering with hope. He still carried Shiro in his heart, each next day expecting to meet him in some way. In some way...any way. How he missed that person.

- I am doing good. Yukio and Kuro too. Well, Yukio acts overprotective. He keeps nagging on me to do this and that.

A small chuckle came out of lips, he scratched awkwardly his cheek yet paused as his lips saddened.

- Naa, Jiji... back then... I didn't mean it. You were...my only father and will always be.

[table=width: 600, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

So Mephisto did know what was going on. But that wasn't what caught his attention. It was the fact that Shin wasn't there. Or perhaps he was there but left sometime ago. That was what bothered him. It was unlike his student to just leave and tell no one about it. Either it was really important or something really bad happened. The latter was as good as negligible. Shin was an accomplished exorcist and in his honest opinion the guy would easily be able to stand toe to toe with Amaimon and even perhaps some of their brothers.

The Arc Knight nodded, mostly to himself. If it was important then Shin would tell it to him when he returned. He gave the new comer; Jasper was his name, and Mephisto a bland look before heading towards the door and inserting a very specific key.

"In two days time Exorcists will be gathered in Vatican to combat the sudden increase of demons." A turn of a wrist and the door was unlocked. "I will be expecting most of the ones you have here." Were his words just as he stepped out of the room and into the brightly lit one beyond.

-

Groggy. His head throbbed painfully and his vision swam in and out of focus. He was being carried. Who was carrying him anyways? He tried shaking his head to clear the fog in his vision.

He was in some kind of facility, yet he knew that it was still in Gehenna; corruption just reeked in the air. Then he was thrown on something solid and perhaps metallic. His arms were taken, spread out probably one demon clinging on each. Then he was strapped in and pain pierced both his hands and along his upper arms. It took the edge off his headache and his vision sharpened to almost acute sensitivity.

There were no two demons. There was just one. Lilith. The demon he thought he just took down. All her arms were back to normal, no wounds and no damning bullet hole between her eight eyes. He glared at her, tried to kick but found his legs restrained by leather belts. He turned his head and found that his palms and upper arms were literally nailed to the table.

"Such violent temper." She stated in that god-awful scratching voice. "But your body is strong and your blood even more so." She looked deep in thought as if calculating some unforeseen thing. "Strong enough to be one day a vessel for the master."

There was only one demon that all demons call master: Satan. He gave her a look of pure loathing, his muscles flexing just as he attempted to strangle her with his pierced hands. The skin of her entire mouth opened in that facsimile of a smile. It made Shin want even more to rip her mandibles off.

"But we don't have that time. His plans are already in motion so let us speed up the process of making you a near perfect vessel for his majesty." She stood back just as her chest plate opened and a beating heart was presented to his gaze.

Shin smirked. If the little spider thought that he would be repulsed then she was sorely mistaken. He was about to say so, but was stopped as her heart opened vertically to reveal sharp teeth and a blinking eye. Then it jumped out of her chest and started burrowing itself in his. All went black when the thing finally managed to break through Shin's chest cavity.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

When Arthur made it back to where he was staying he locked the door to his room, he had been put in a dorm for exorcists. Well he thought he had, but he didn't really see any others walking around. Maybe they were off working, he glanced around his room, there were no cardboard boxes, no evidence of just having moved. There was very little in the way of evidence of someone living there, a few clothes protruding from the closet and draws. An empty suitcase at the bottom of the draws, a basket with wash things for taking to the shower room. A few bits of paper scattered on the table and a perfectly made bed. Arthur didn't own much in the way of personal effects a lot of his time had been spent researching demons. He had almost lived in his lab going home to sleep and wash.

Arthur sighed, that research had been his life, yet he hadn't been allowed to bring it to continue the work. He sighed again, but this time it was coupled with the sound of his stomach growling and the realization that in the whole of his search and before, he had not had a single thing to eat. Groaning he made his way out of the door to find a kitchen, only to find no food had been prepared and a sign on the door.

Chef not here. Make your own food!

DO NOT MESS UP THE KITCHEN!!!!

Shocked at the words on the sign he read it once, then a second time, and then a third before finally walking through the door a grimace on his face. The second half of the sign was like a threat. He gulped and forced himself to continue, but not sure what he could cook. Back in England he's been banned from the kitchen since.... well forever. Him and cooking... didn't go well and often ended in explosions, however he was hungry, and didn't know the local take aways. It was a hard choice, incur the chefs wrath or starve....

He muddled through the makings of an omelette only to end up eating scrambled egg instead. By the end of the cooking, or the attempt at cooking the kitchen was definitely a mess, the frying pan had been new, the packaging was at the bottom of the bin. The base of the pan was now scratched and looked at though a bomb had gone off in it and it was useless for any fine cooking, probably meaning that Arthur wanted to be no where near the kitchen when the Chef returned.

"hmm... i wonder... if i just scrub it all off... will it look new?" muttering to himself he tried to find ways to avoid the threat from the chef. Arthur ran a sink of hot water and tried scrubbing the burnt egg on, he really didn't know how egg could burn so much and stick so hard to the pan and by the time he finished scrubbing there was no non-stick left. "This... looks okay... right?" he wasn't talking to anyone in particular, just asking.

He continued to clean everything he had used to try and make his food leaving everything that wasn't breakable was sparkling clean, the bin was now considerably more full than when he had wandered into the kitchen a mere hour earlier, there was still some evidence of food on the ceiling, but he hadn't be able to reach that to clean it off.

He crept out of the kitchen, making sure no one saw him move along the corridors to his room. The frying pan, now a gleaming silver had been left out on the side for the next person to walk into the kitchen and cook.

Shou gave one final glance to the weird guy, seeing him tossing a takoyaki stick before he walked away. He was sure the guy was different. Well, what's wrong with being different? Afterall, he himself is different. He was not a beginner, yet he is in a school for beginners. He's an Onmyouji whose existence was supposed to cease to exist in the surface of the world yet he was there. But still, why couldn't he rid the damn suspicion of his? Giving a long sigh, he cast aside his worries and focused on what he should be doing.

Shou, with the rest of the cram school students and the Professor in charge, finally arrived at the scene. They were told that they were only going to clean up the mess after an exorcism. There was indeed a mess. However, it was not what they expected. The exorcist team dispatched to exorcise the area was being overpowered by the demons. It was strange. Why are the exorcists pushed back? Aren't they supposed to exorcise them?

"What the heck is going on?", is what he wanted to say himself. However, the question did not escape from his own lips. It came from the lips of the professor, dumbfounded of what's going on. The professor stepped forward as he talked without looking back, "Don't follow me. The class is dismissed. Go back to the academy and contact Sir Pheles. We're going to need a back up."

The Professor dashed forth to where the rest of the exorcists were. They were exhausted and it seemed like they had been fighting for a long time. The Professor aiding the exorcist team sure made it easier for the tired team. They were able to rest, even just for few seconds to replenish their energy. However, the situation still didn't look favorable. There were just too many demons. No matter how much they kill, new ones just keep on appearing.

With no further ado(adieu?), Shou summoned his familiar, Glasya-Labolas. He looked back to where his classmates were standing, afraid, and yelled at them in a panicked manner "Go back to the academy! Inform them of the current situation and ask for back up the soonest you go there". With that being said, he hopped to his familiar winged dog as it flew to the direction of the exorcists.

"Shit! What the heck is this? These crazy demons are swarming like damn hungry hyenas" Shou cursed.

"Huh, what a party pooper." Jasper said after the Arc Knight left the room. "So Melphisto. There had been spouting more and more demons from that demon door. You going to fight them? Let me tell you, there are already over thousands in Assiah. Till now they only attacked humans without a plan but now they are moving strategically. You know whats that about?" he informed and asked his 'brother'. It is not as if he isn't trusting Melphisto, it's just that the demon before him is always a step ahead somehow. Well, though the demon of gamble and fortune telling shouldn't say anything. He didn't like that demons poured out of the Gehenna gate like ants. If this would continue, Assiah might become overrun by demons. And this would unbalance the world greatly. Since he is able to predict the future, he doesn't want this to happen. It would mean chaos and disorder, the world may also collapse into itself. This is not matter to joke about.

He still did however. He drummed his foot against the chair leg and soon stood up in one fluid movement. "Something bad will happen and i know that you know it too. What do you intend to do against it? I don't want for the humans to all fall prey to some demons, i want to have fun with them too." he said, grinning his usual cheshire grin. Jasper turned around the room for a bit before opening the door. "Well no matter what you intend to do, there is someone who will do something. Can you guess?" he said mysteriously before leaving out of the door. The demon of gamble didn't like to say what he saw in his future sight, he would rather tell them if you would play a round of good old poker with him. He is and will always be after all a demon. The worst part is that he is additionaly to that also the only demon of gamble. So who else would you challange if not the king?

"...Troublesome." The stoic demon muttered, eyes half-lidded as he scanned the source of the problem between the two worlds.

The Gehenna Gate.

Before reaching here, he came across two more of his powers that scattered, he recovered half of his stamina thanks to it. Still wasn't enough to breeze through most of the demons, he may struggle and push towards losing (him? lose? the only one he lost to was his 'brother'.) but he wouldn't. He wouldn't lose, in the end, he would only destroy his opponent.

Not anymore though. Not after what he went through at the hands of that damn Satan.

But why was he standing in front of the gate, you ask? The gate fully opened and since his powers were both sealed and scattered, that would only mean one thing.

He could go through the gate.

Cold eyes stared and for a moment, for just one tiny moment, his eyes softened.

Rin... Yukio...

He took one step.

I'm coming...

And another.

Yuri...

And then—

I will fulfill this promise.

flash. he was gone.

Surprisingly, he appeared in what appeared to be a graveyard. Why was he here? How did he end up here? Where...? All of a sudden, thoughts flew out of his head as he stared.

There. A few feet away in front of him was—

"R...in..." He chocked out, eyes widen by a small margin. He couldn't believe it. Was this fate? Did the gate sent him here in the same place as the one of the three he treasured.

That eyes. That hair. That face.

Yuri, I found him. I...

He walked towards him in fast stride, red eyes darkening, when he was close, he dropped on his left knee and put his hand on his chest, head bowing slightly enough for the dark blue-haired boy to still see his face.

"I found you, son of Yuri. Prince of Gehenna." He said with a slight hitch of breath. What was this feeling in his chest? Something warm that was chocking him and he felt something wet trail down his cheek and then another.

Was this——?

• 2 weeks later...

x1kg1h.jpg

"When something goes wrong, everything goes wrong"

[in two days time Exorcists will be gathered in Vatican to combat the sudden increase of demons. I will be expecting most of the ones you have here.]

Mephisto kept silent, his gaze followed after the leaving man. He knew better than anyone else,

how optimistic not was the upcoming event. Yes, it was an event rather a phenomenon, seen as a chance that would come every millennium; when all the nine gates of Hell can be opened. The first sign for the disaster to come was the sudden increase of demonic power. And he knew the reason - Shin. Who would think that Shiro's true son would be actually the one who was about to trigger the war between worlds?

- What a nasty character.

With a try to cover his troubles, Pheles just mumbled under nose. After all he was wiry of Jasper.

[so Melphisto. There had been spouting more and more demons from that demon door. You going to fight them? Let me tell you, there are already over thousands in Assiah. Till now they only attacked humans without a plan but now they are moving strategically. You know whats that about?]

There he went, right in time. Pheles expected the visit of all kind of people. Be it Vatican or other demons. Not even for a single moment he doubted that it would be unnoticed that he actually knew something, that actually was something he had to avoid. He would say what was needed, but be careful to say not too much. Any information taken into account could turn the event upside down.

[something bad will happen and I know that you know it too. What do you intend to do against it? I don't want for the humans to all fall prey to some demons, I want to have fun with them too.]

The demon was still leaning onto his umbrella, staring right back at Jasper. A quick grin came as he turned around, walking to the big window in the room.

- When something goes wrong, everything goes wrong, Jasper. From all people you and I know it best.

A quick glance over shoulder, he firmly stared at the other. Mephisto knew the background of Jas' past as Jas knew Pheles' one. They both had their falls and their wins. But the more they fell into the abyss, the more bitter it was. However, the other demon knew his ways as well.

[Well no matter what you intend to do, there is someone who will do something. Can you guess?]

Mephisto couldn't speak back, he had nothing to comment on it. After all, he himself was on the side of humans for the same old play of poker. Gambling, betting and winning - all was actually about the misery. As deeper the world sank into misery, so much funnier the gamble game was for them. After all, they both resembled each other. With the difference though that Mephisto was one of the Eight Kings of Hell - Samael.

The purple haired demon chuckled after the other left and got the room echoed with his not even close to worried laughter notes.

- Jasper, Jasper. You never learn.

A quick spin onto his heel, he turned around leaning onto the windowsill,

-How many times you have to lose, to give up? Ah, but before anything...

He glanced over to one of his clocks in the room, knowing very well that soon, very soon someone else would come his way. Ah, such a pain in the bloody hat of his.

-Eins, zwei, drei!

A purple foggy smoke exploded all around as Pheles turned himself into some puppy.

- How lovely... I better get moving and find Yukio. Before the exorcists I sent get wiped off.

uycnp.png

Who are you?

The grave responded not, but Rin stood there as silent as it was. The graveyard seemed to sink into remembrance. The blue eyed youngster lowered his gaze onto the flowers he left, the thoughts surpassing his conscious.

// I knew it even back then, you always cared for me. Yet, I couldn't do a single thing to make you feel proud. All I did was to receive your and Yukio's protection. I am ashamed, dad... I wish you were here now, but deep inside I know you are still alive. Within everything you did, you touched and your cared for...within me. Let me show you,dad...I will get to be a Paladin like you are!

Not fully taken into the inner world of his, Rin got his attention caught when he felt the presence of someone in the graveyard. A quick jump up, he turned to the curved path there. The figure was getting closer and closer, pretty fast. He caught the color of red and his blue eyes widened as he stepped back because the man knelt before him.

[i found you, son of Yuri. Prince of Gehenna.]

Was it some kind of a joke? Rin blankly stared at the man who seemed rather moved and excited. He didn't sense any bad intention in the air around the other, but then again...who--

- Who are you?

His blunt question combined with the dumb expression of his could pretty much make anyone feel like talking to an idiot. But that was it not.... he would never accept the title 'Prince of Gehenna'.

• 3 weeks later...

[table=width: 600, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Almost. Such was the word that described the exorcist in front of her. In human terms, he was perfect: strong body, even stronger mind and a statuesque physique. Every one of those helped but he lacked the blood of the master for him to be a perfect vessel, like Rin and Yukio. That brought a frown on her face. Those two would become a big problem.. and maybe even Lucifer. She knew that the red demon's allegiance was not with her master. Her mandibles clicked as she gave a chuckle, watching as her dark heart literally devoured the exorcist's own.

Lucifer was already deposed as a demon lord, stripped of power and had already been replaced. Mephisto, Amaimon and Joker though.. they were a different matter. Their allegiance was uncertain but she had her doubts. They have been in Assiah for too long; Mephisto especially and not only that the man was also the Chancellor Exorcist. Other demons might think that as deep cover but she differed in her opinion. Nevertheless her master had already taken measures. And she would make sure that her master's vessel would be as perfect as her lord was.

-

It was dark and the only sound was the ringing of a distant bell.. and footsteps.

'Shin.'

Shin did not want to open his eyes. He was tired and all he wanted to do was rest. He did not want to be bothered.

'Shin, wake up.'

He groaned, blindly waving away whoever the one trying to wake him. It was of no use. His arms were numb and when he took the time to think about it, so was his entire body. His chest also felt sore and strangely empty. He gave another groan.

'Shin. Will you promise to look out for Rin and Yukio when I am not around?'

'Sure.' Was what Shin found himself saying.

Then the ringing of the bell became a cacophonous gong as his eyes opened in shock.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Arthur had left the building again, he was bored, needed something to do, to study and occupy his mind. That and he couldn't sleep. He wandered the streets, one blending into another, blending into another again and he knew he was lost. Arthur had no problem admitting his directional failures, as long as he got home afterwards. While walking he though back to the kitchen and wondered if anyone had gone in there yet.

Having students, and a lot of them run past him brought him back to reality. Most of them were past by the time he realised that there were students from True Cross Academy and he managed to catch the arm of one of the slower runners.

"What is going on? Why are so many of you running?" He asked, finally happy for something to do, however the response was a jumble of confused words that lead to Arthur sighing deeply. "Fine, show me what is happening." The expression on the students face almost made him change his mind, but he was fed up of nothing to do and whatever it was could be fun.

After running down a few streets the student suddenly turned tail and ran back the way he had led Arthur leaving the exorcist to look upon the swarm of demons against the tiring exorcists. He could see one who was fighting that was still a student and hoped the rest were going to get back-up and not just hide in their rooms.

Taking out his guns he concentrated on downing some of the closer demons, what was causing them to swarm together like this? It was almost like an organised attack, or an invasion.. he shivered, invasions by demons were one thing he didn't want to consider, but it wouldn't have been entirely new. He was brought out of his daze by a couple of demons coming in quite close, not liking the distance or lack of it he shot them and actually aimed to destroy as he had been pushed back into a wall and couldn't put anymore distance between him and the demons. From then he payed attention to how close they were. After all he had just lost two potential research subjects, no point losing any more.

He concentrated on injuring the demons in sight and slowly moved away from the wall as the ones surrounding him were downed, a few being killed by other exorcists nearby, but some should at least survive for study. The student also intrigued him as much as the demons, he wasn't fully trained was he? unconsciously he was moving nearer the student shooting every demon within a 10 meter radius.