Started with a Fight (Anic, Undertheweather, Dusutii)

Lady.Taser

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
. Here we go. I'll get the thread started.

Italics are specifically the character thinking XD

-------

The nearby clock of the park rang ten times. Cursing Kyo looked down at his now useless watch, noticing that the hands had stopped moving over an hour ago. Great, more money i don't have. Well there is no point in staying here. Slowly he rose from the park bench, his side still aching from an encounter with a couple of delinquents earlier that day. He'd approached them angry, left even angrier and considerably more bruised that afternoon while trying to get some money for food.

Where the hell i am even gonna spend tonight? He'd failed to pay the rent for the last 3 months and had finally been kicked out. No one would hire him, he had no where to stay. Guess its another night on the streets. He sighed deeply and then spotted the same delinquents from earlier. Time for some pay back Kyo grinned darkly as he approached the them from the back and calmly threw a punch at the side of the leader. It wasn't until the punch connected that he noticed there were more of them than earlier and he was going to lose. Quickly.

Kyo fought as hard as he could, which was not all that well considering his previous injury, it was over fast and he found he self abandoned by the side of a building. Kyo sneered at the berth passers-by were giving him and stared at the cars which were still passing by quite frequently.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anic

• Lady.Taser

• UndertheWeather

It's a day whit nothing special in it, do some chores as cleaning and washing. It's a completely normal day when he had a couple of days of from work. He really took his time to do as little as he could. But he still had to go down to the store. Why didn't he do this yesterday when he got of work?

Fredric sighed for himself as he carried two bags filled whit groceries. Why did I buy this much? It's going to last forever... He stopped for a moment on his way home and put down the bags to rest his arms for a small while. He stretched without a care in the world to his surroundings, no one else seemed to bother either. With a small smile on his lips he leaned forward to pick up his bags again but stopped right before he grabbed their handles.

Is it a human that lies over there? To him it looked like a person close to his own age and he didn't look to well.

Carefully he picked up his bags and moved closer to the other and stopped only a few steps from him.

"Are you okay?" was all he dared to ask as he looked down on the other with a worried look on his face.

Time ticked away. The sky had turned brilliant red before anyone had the time to sip their coffee, or closed an account, or made a sale. Roads were jammed full of cars honking away as if the traffic would become any smoother; pedestrians rampaged through the town, traversing hundreds of zebra crossing, and tramping on miles of smooth pavements.

It was a busy evening, yet on the other side of the city, birds were sitting silently on the cable. There were pedestrians and cars down at the suburb, but there were no crowds of pedestrians or lines of cars. The tired sun gazed down upon two figures by an abandoned building, casting long shadows on the ground. Time continued ticking, bringing with it a fleet of dark and threatening clouds. Looks like the hubbub up town would not be dispersing any time soon.

"Are you okay?" The voice pierced through the fog that was clouding Kyo's mind, he was trouble staying awake, that kick to his head probably more damage than just a bit of broken skin, skull and blood. Did... was that to me?! groggily Kyo looked up, partially blinded by the sunset, to see a man who was taller than himself, but then who wasn't, at only 157cm even girls could tower over him. The man who had called out to him appeared to look worried. This apparent concern only angered Kyo.

"What. You enjoy looking at injured people?" Kyo spat out sarcastically "Or do you just try to play the 'good Samaritan'?" Sneering he continued. "Oh wait it's probably that schadenfreude thing." No one would genuinely care about me! Kyo struggled to his feet, visibly wincing and clutching his head as pain shot through it. He may end up staying on the streets again tonight, but he sure as hell wasn't staying here.

Looking over at the one who'd called out to him again he felt a stinging in his eyes. Blinking it away he glared before turning away and slowly making his way back to the park. Perhaps there would still be a bench free. Hopefully the night would be warm, for he had no layers above his shirt.

Fredric was surprised by how the other reacted to him. "What. You enjoy looking at injured people?" Wait? What no? was all Fredric could think when he heard the other's words. "Or do you just try to play the 'good Samaritan'? Oh wait it's probably that schadenfreude thing." The other one's words hurt. It was not true, he truly wanted to help. Confused with the other one he first took a small step back but soon regretted that move when he saw how the man struggled to get up on his feet.

Mentally he prepared himself and reach out one of the bags after that stranger. "Stop! Wait! Where are you going? Maybe I can help?" he managed to say. Maybe this man didn't want help. But he really looked like someone that should get to the hospital or at least something close to that. "Please let me help!" he said with a determined voice as he struggled with his bags to hold them with only one hand.

"Stop! Wait! Where are you going? Maybe I can help?" Kyo ignored the others words. Words were empty lies. He knew he ws moving slowly, however he could not force himself to move any faster. "Please let me help!" He glanced back, this one was persistant, it shocked Kyo to see the man still so close to him. Why.... Kyo shook his head causing another flash of pain across it darkening his vision for a breif moment. He used the building to hold himself up as the tears from earlier returned, both from pain and confusion.

"Why.... Why are you still here?" He glared at the man through his right eye. He tried to hide his tears behind the long sections of hair that covered his left eye, however the hair was matted and messy from blood and grease from so long from having a shower. This left his tears completely visible and leaving a clean track down his cheek. Turning back towards this man who for some reason hadn't left Kyo reached out to grab the collar of his shirt loosely as he hadn't the strength to put any for behind it. "Why.. haven't you left yet...?"

When the other one said "Why.... Why are you still here?" Fredric was struck by hesitation with the thought of if it really was the right thing to try and help this man. But he really looked troubled and he wouldn't be true to himself if he didn't at least try. But when he saw the the tears he just knew he couldn't give up that easy. He was surprised when the other one grabbed his collar but in the same time a bit relived that he didn't grab it too tightly. "Why.. haven't you left yet...?". He still held on to his bags, but it was as he forgotten that they were there.

Fredric gave the other an insecure smile and didn't make any moves to even try to get lose from his grip. "You really look like someone that needs help." he said with a calm tone. "I don't know were you are going, but maybe I can help you to your destination?" he asked as he unintentionally looked down on the other. "Or at least patch you up a bit. Those wounds you got can only be painful."

He's... still here and smiling.. Kyo was utterly confused and became even more so after hearing the words the taller man spoke "You really look like someone that needs help. I don't know were you are going, but maybe I can help you to your destination? Or at least patch you up a bit. Those wounds you got can only be painful." This only caused more tears, the voice sounded Kind, as though this wasn't a sick joke.

"You... are actually going to help me?" Kyo whispered, attempting to wrap his brain around the idea that someone would help a stranger. Scared he dropped his hand from the collar, kindness was only a pretense hadn't he learnt that at a young age. "WHY!" He yelled backing away "WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT" Kyo started to panic. Kindness wasn't to be trusted, it was a ploy, there had to be something more to it. His only working eye was wide as he tried to back away without falling.

When the other asked "You... are actually going to help me?" with a whispering voice Fredric only nodded as an answer and thought: Why shouldn't I help someone who need it? But when the other one let go of his collar and started to yell "WHY! WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT" and backing away, Fredric twitched surprised and dropped his bags to get his hands free.

"I don't really want anything." he said defending himself as he took a small insecure step after the other and reaching out a hand towards him, as if he was going to grab him, but really didn't dare to. "trust me, I only want to help." His voice was somewhat hurt by the others words, but he didn't give in that easy. This person was almost like a stray cat or dog that really didn't like human contact. "Try to calm down." he said in a try to reason with the other man. He really seemed like someone who truly needed help. For how long had he been in this state?

Kyo say the movement of the mans mouth, but his mind was too lost swirling in the past to hear the words that were said. His foot hit a jagged edge of the pavement, this meant his light body crashed to the ground. Rather than attempting to stand he lay when he'd fallen and moved to sit up. Not once did he turn away from the man whose face was now being distorted by memories.

----

'But i thought we were friends, y-you helped me' The small boy with bi-coloured hair whispered. 'Heh!' came the laughter from those around him 'Friends... yea about that, So sorry to say but i used you. So easy to use, all i needed to do was show a little kindness'

'Hey look it's the cyclops' Childish sniggering came from around the boy as the chant of cyclops was taken up.

'Kyo, this is a kindness to you.' She smiled down at the boy who was no more than 7. 'Now wait here.' Kyo had waited and waited and waited, until finally the police had come and taken him to an orphanage.

----------

Can there be anything more to kindness than lies? Could he give it one more go Kyo struggled to his feet a second time. "Y-you offered to dress my wounds?" Kyo asked cautiously. Willing to at least allow that as he couldn't afford to go to a hospital and his head was starting to throb.

Fredric was a man that often helped others in distress, not only humans, but animals too. He had always been like that. Sometimes he didn't get the best responses when he tried to help, that made him insecure. But every once in a while he got a 'thank you' or a smile that would brighten his day, even week if it felt that good. One could say that he lived to help others.

When the man fell Fredric's first reaction was to step up beside the fallen man and in anyway help him. With a worried look he looked down on the man and was once again surprised when he heard the others words: "Y-you offered to dress my wounds?"

"Yes." he answered simply and reach out a helping hand to the man. "My place isn't that far from here." he said and hesitated. "But if you want I can help you home if you rather want that?" The first rule of helping someone was to not offend them. But when you meet a stranger, you'll never know what the wrong words may be, that's why one always have to ask a lot of questions. Give the stranger the chance to choose. "Or what do you say?"

"Yes." Kyo looked at the offered hand. "My place isn't that far from here. But if you want I can help you home if you rather want that? Or what do you say?" Kyo reached out to take the offered hand ignore the pain the bruises sent through his body.

"I... have no where" With his other hand he reached up to wipe the tears from his face. "No home to go to, so i have to go to ... your place." Once the tears were gone Kyo looked down at the bags and their contents which had slightly spilled over the pavement when they were dropped. "..your name?" He asked quietly as he reached down to help repack and then carry the man's bags back to his house.

Fredric looked down a bit saddened when he heard the other man's words that he didn't have a home to go to. He then nodded at the other one. "Then my place it is." he said with a glad voice, trying to comfort the other a bit. He looked at the man and followed his gaze to the groceries that was - well, not where they should be. "..your name?" was a question that made him wake up a bit.

"My name is Fredric. May I ask for yours?" he answered but then tried to stop the other one from repacking his things into the bags. "No need to help me with that, just take it easy." he said as he crouched down beside the things staring to gather them which didn't take that long.

Soon he started to walk towards home, making sure that the other one didn't have to carry a thing, and that he could keep up with him. "If you need you could lean against me." he said offering himself as support. Still trying to not offend him.

"...Kyo" Who was the Fredric.... why is he helping Sighing at his uselessness at helping carry the bags he started to follow Fredric. Can i trust him? Lightly shaking his head Kyo just continued to follow, he wasn't sure what to think of this man yet, but if he trusted him then betrayal would be all the more painful. As he heard the offer use Fredric's shoulder he shied back. He was only going to get treated, any more than that would be dangerous. For both himself and Fredric.

"I can walk." His voice steadier was than it had been since before the fight. "Why did you bother with me. No one else even looked at me let alone spoke. Its... strange, you're... strange" Kyo glanced at his watch before recalling that it was broken. He quickly took it off and stuffed it into a pocket.

"I can walk." he heard Kyo say. That's at least was one relief. "Why did you bother with me. No one else even looked at me let alone spoke. Its... strange, you're... strange" Fredric couldn't help himself but let go of a low laugh when he heard the last of Kyo's words. "I may seem strange to you- no, let me make a correction on that point. Everyone else who doesn't know me think that I'm strange. At least you're not alone about it." he said as he gazed at the other one.

"And why I choose to help you? Well, I don't have a good answer for that. But sometimes I'd like to think that helping others are my call here in life." he said in finished with a warm smile to Kyo.

"I don't want to offend you in anyway...." he said and did a small pause as he made a left turn on their way. "But... What have happened to you?" he asked truly worried for Kyo. It's not everyday one find a person in the streets in this bad shape. At least not in these quarters, at least that was what Fredric wanted to think.

Kyo looked passed Fredric as they walked silent for a time. He noticed the turn was taking them towards the park he had been at earlier. I guess... i'm already going to his house... does it matter if i tell him why.. The sun was considerably lower in the sky than it had been previously. This cast the sky above the parks trees into a deep purple shade as the red of the horizon mixed with the blue-black of the nights sky. Heh... probably much like the colour half these bruises will be he thought to himself as a small smile spread his lips.

"I needed money for food earlier.. when i ended up fighting a couple of delinquents." Kyo guestered gently towards the park, "it was over there, i only wanted enough to get some food. Then when i was looking for somewhere to stay i saw the same guys." The smile now turned to one of self-deprecation. "I thought i could get them back and surprise them. But there were more of them."

Kyo stopped walking briefly to look towards the park, it was autumn so the leaves of the trees had started falling and he saw one blood red leaf make its slow descent from the branch of an overhead tree. He let it float into his hand and then continued to follow Fredric as he twirled the leaf in his fingers.

Fredric listened to Kyo before he answered him "I've never been in your situation, so I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same as you." he said ans gazed over his shoulder on Kyo. "But in my current situation I would have tried to avoid them." he said truthfully and did a short stop when he noticed that something had caught Kyo's attention. A leaf... Fredric smiled for himself as he started to walk again in the same calm pace as before.

It can't be easy living like this person, It's almost as if he was a human-formed stray cat Fredric thought as he watched the leafs on the trees. They truly made a magnificent view with all their different colours.

"If you don't have place to go to back to, were did you plan on going next?" He dared to ask Kyo as they where walking through the park. Distractedly he changed his grips of the bags as he waited for the the other ones reply, still remembering the words not to offend a stranger.

"Next... i have no idea" Kyo shrugged, he had never really planned his next step since he got kicked out of the house. "Wherever i guess." his response was quiet and as they walked through the park Kyo became a bit jumpy. ... please say nothing happens.. Kyo tried to stay near the center of the path and unwittingly walked very close behind Fredric. It wasn't that he was scared... traumatized may have been a more appropriate word in this particular situation.

This man who had effectively picked him up was strange... he was inviting a stranger back to his house, inviting someone he had met such a short time ago back. Is this what is was like to trust someone in this cold city where he had been abandoned all those years ago. It was a large city with the residential, commercial and industrial areas all scatterred around causing a mishmash of buildings that made up the sprawling mass that was home to probably over a million people.

"How .. much further.." Kyo's strength, or what was left of it was starting to fail him, if the house wasn't close he was going to need to rest in the park.

When Kyo said "Next... I have no idea. Wherever I guess." Fredric started to think if he had any close solution to the other's problem. He didn't seem to be a person that did any drugs, he more looked like a person that easily got into fights. At least that was the reasoning that Fredric could think of about Kyo so far. "How .. much further.." Fredic stopped for a second and looked over at Kyo. He didn't sound to well.

"It's at the end of this path, next to the park." he answered and took both of his bags in one hand and held out the other arm to use as a support to Kyo if he needed and wanted to. "It's not that big and It's only one floor." he said and gave Kyo a worried look and made himself prepared for the worst he could think of - that Kyo would collapse.

To all the natures forces, Please let this man get some strength to carry on. He thought as a small prayer to things that he even didn't believe in. He could blame his eccentric aunt for that one.

Kyo had started to sway while he was walking when he heard the response. "It's at the end of this path, next to the park." He looked up, his eyes following the path until he saw the end. Another 100m from what he could guess. Could he make that? Movement next to him caught his attention and he looked back to Fredric to see the man offering out an arm.

"I'll... manage." his breathing had increased as he realised how tired he was, after all sleeping on the streets and fighting doesn't exactly help a man be well rested. " even if i don't... i'm light" He tried to speed up his walking to reach the house sooner, yet only succeeded in causing himself more pain which racked his body. This caused him to grip the outstretched arm and squeezed as he tried to maintain his balance.

When Kyo said "I'll... manage." it was close that Fredric took down his arm, but decided to keep it up when the other said "even if i don't... i'm light". Fredric smiled a small smile when he heard the other's words. "Just don't push yourself to hard." Fredric said worried as Kyo grabbed his arm. Just in case he moved the arm he had the bags in, so that he would be ready to catch Kyo if he would fall and at the same time moved the arm Kyo already hold on to make it easier for him.

Fredric gazed over at his small brown house. The black roof was patched with new and old roofing shingles. It wasn't the best looking house, but it wasn't the worst either, it matched it's surrounding neatly. It didn't have any kind of garden and a lonely flowerpot with some kind of small rosebush was standing on the step beside the door. On each side of the door was two pretty wide windows - and that was all that faced the street and the park. "I hope you aren't afraid of animals." Fredric said as they got closer to the house.

Kyo heard "Just don't push yourself to hard." moments before he felt the arm he had grabbed moving. He looked over at the other who was doing so much to help a stranger when he noticed the man was focused on something ahead of them. Following the gaze he saw a small house, the mismatched roof and lone plant held his attention slightly more than any other feature he could see. "I hope you aren't afraid of animals." he heard Fredric say to him as they neared the door. Animals?? Kyo had never had a pet before in his life. He had also never really had friends with pets so his only encounters with animals were on the streets.

"Not that i'm aware of." was Kyo's reply to the comment as he stumbled beside the man up to the house. When the finally reached the house he leaned against the wall to the side of the house to support himself. He was close to passing out, he just hoped he would pass out on something more comfortable than the hard stone of the streets.

Fredric didn't pay much attention to Kyo's reply, was more focused on getting the other one inside before he collapsed. They stopped at the house and as soon he got his hand free from when Kyo leaned onto the house instead he did a quick search in his pockets after his keys, and found them almost instantly.

After finding the right key on his keyring he began to unlock the door. Maybe I should have called an ambulance instead? While fiddling with the first lock Fredric gazed on Kyo with a worried look. "Are you okay?" he asked, mostly to try to keep him awake. The situation made Fredric insecure, he had never helped a human stranger this badly hurt before.

Just three minutes after Fredric hauled Kyo, who had passed out by then, and his groceries into the house, there was a loud knock on the door, followed by a raised voice filled with annoyance, “Hey there! Could you please tell your dog to shut up? It’s been barking its head off the entire time.”

Then there was a brief pause, as if the speaker was waiting for some sort of response, perhaps a reply or an opening of the door. But the pause was too brief for any form of human response, and the man continued with the same tone, “I know you’re in there, and that dog of yours knows that you’re in there.”

He knocked again. Twice. “Hey!”

The man seemed to have no intention of leaving until he received a satisfactory response. He appeared to be increasingly annoyed with every word he said and every knock he made, yet he was unreasonably expecting the other party to respond at the speed of light.

Knock-knock-knock.

Fredric had just put down Kyo gently on his own bed, he figured that it would be the best place to put down a passed out person. And as he said before - he really was light. His German shepherd dog, named Buster, had followed him when he got in. But the moment there was a knock on the door, the dog swiftly disappeared to the hall to stand at the door and tell the person outside that he was there - in dog speech.

Fredric couldn't really hear what the other was saying. But he tried to hasten his steps to the door but got distracted by the sight of his two cats that was on their way into the bags with groceries in the kitchen. With a loud sigh he left them at it and hurried to the door.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" he yelled as he grabbed on to Buster and made a gentle pull on the dog to sit. Buster who was used to this routine sat down and went quiet. Fredic held up a finger towards buster, as to say - Sit still, as he stepped up to the door and opened it to a small slot to see the person on the other side of the door.

"Yes?" he asked and gave the stranger a puzzled look. Why did he look so annoyed?