Sketch of man... World of a difference!

Dev

IMG.jpg

Sketched with a regular pencil... A world of a difference in comparison to my digital tablet sketch I did last week! I still need practice, I am not that good and am always rubbing out stuff because the proportions are not right, angles not good or the shape is not perfect.

What do you think? Any tips for me?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev

• Miss Blank

• Hotoke

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

face is really beautiful (mouth, nose and eyes are gorgeous), the shading is great. I really like pencil drawing. You should work more on fingers (I know it´s hard but you will get it :) ) and also hair. The hair is good and the shading is beautiful but the hair look fallen, it should have more volume. You did a great job I´m looking forward too see more pics from you. :) You got talent so keep going. :leaf3:

you've got talent

!

the problem is you draw the shoulder too narrow(it's common problem to us when draw body). My friend whose pro at drawing give me some tips to take the sketch 50-60cm from eyes to see if the body proportions match to the picture you draw. And I think it will be more perfect if you get him an ear on the left^^

Thank you

I will keep drawing I promise ;)

you've got talent
!

the problem is you draw the shoulder too narrow(it's common problem to us when draw body). My friend whose pro at drawing give me some tips to take the sketch 50-60cm from eyes to see if the body proportions match to the picture you draw. And I think it will be more perfect if you get him an ear on the left^^

That is very good advice! Actually when i uploaded I realised the shoulders looked weird XD LOL

I was VERY tempted to use the Liquify tool in photoshop to fix the shoulders :3

I have been drawing females for many years and only recently started drawing male so often my males look too beautiful/feminine with their facial features, eyebrows, hair etc. I will keep this advice in mind because I am working on a neko manga male at the moment so I can try hard on hands, feet etc.

Thank you so much for checking out my picture :)

LOL If you see my digital sketch you might start crying XD VERY big difference lol

- - - Updated - - -

The hair is good and the shading is beautiful but the hair look fallen, it should have more volume.

I forgot to address this comment. Yes I understand what you mean ^_^

Normally I draw hair to look big like the the person has had a blow dry XD I see how there is lift at the root but the hair goes FLAT and sticks to face lol.

I think the hair I am working on for new drawing is flat also... BUT! I will remember this and draw a face of a manga man with volume big hair ^_^