Incest : agree or disagree ?

strixchuu

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Please don't apologize. I take this as a serious argument, so I expected to engage in serious argument. Anyhow, yea I get that that's your opinion. You don't have to apologize. Nothing to apologize for.

I probably didn't sound very nice, but well I was on the offence (as opposed to defence). It's just an argument. There's nothing personal in it.

So yea, don't apologize >_> it's nothing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheWeather

• strixchuu

• Musica

• beatlechan

Well, kinda agree when it just in the story or manga,, but doesn't agree when it was happening in some real life.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read some very good statements here, yet with some the answers were just ''no'' without an explanation as to why a no?

Real life;

I can imagine why you would say no, taboo/wrong/family etc etc... but you're not looking at the big picture here.

If it's incest without feelings and just for the pleasure; it's a no for me also, won't ever approve of it.

But if love is involved and the environment they grew up together differs from ours (as in they only had each other) then why a no? It's not like their heart can choose whom to beat for right? At least I can't force my heart to love someone nor do I want to do that. Of course there's that side that some people mind find it disgusting or wrong because they're blood related... I agree with the wrong part since I can't see myself head of heals for one of my family members let alone do them... would give me nightmares ugh. But like I said, if the situation was different and I had no one except one of my family members then I'd probably end up like Mira-kun from Kire Papa. However please keep in mind that this is only my opinion when it comes to m x m, no females involved. For females... omg onion2 I do not have anything to say about that since I can't bring myself to say anything with the thought of them getting pregnant because of that...

Fictional incest;

m x m; go ahead

female involved; *still can't bring myself to say anything*...

• 3 weeks later...

There's only one manga who I can sympathize regarding this Genre, "Not Equal."

But I absolutely disagree an Incest Relationship. It's just illogical and such...

I do enjoy reading Incest BL manga, and was planning to have a role-play focused about that topic, however, It should remain in fantasy not in reality. cause, that would be just wrong.

Basically, I can agree if it's in a virtual world and I'd disagree, if it's in a real life situation.

neutral.

sometimes i do; sometimes i don't;

since i got to feel the "incestry" with certain situations and reasons before i get to like it.

i don't really search for it; if it's the plot's settings then i don't mind. i'll see if it's going to make me feel something.

I can accept incest. But in real life, it is not so appropriate but still, if it's between a father and son that would be totally out of the question onion8 and if brother and sister were to get married and have a child, I heard that the child will have some problem....genetic problems...

But if it's manga, anything could happen ehh :cuteonion26:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Incest in real life is a no-go, never. It's unacceptable and wrong to me, personally.

And in manga- well, I like reading fanfics about two certain vampire hunter twins, but aside from that, I don't agree on them. It does have an uncomfortable feel about it, I admit.

i guess i don't really mind it in manga or anime, because it's just fantasy and the characters are not real..but in real life it's a big NO for me..

• 3 weeks later...

In an anime or a manga or any other fictional things, it's okay. But in real life, it's a big no. Incest is the only relationship that I can't seem to accept. IDC about homosexuality, pedophilia(well, alittle), etc, but incest is just plain gross.

• 4 weeks later...

i’m okay with incest in manga AS long as the characters are not minors ... don't ask me why cause i don't know ^_^;

in real life mmm , i dont know, i live in a country where cousins can marry each others ... (i had my first kiss with my cousin ^_^; ) but i personally cant be in a relationship with one of my family member ... no no no HELL NO >_

but if a friend have an incest relationship ,i think i would support him but it would take some time for me to accept it ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I'm completely supportive of it in fictitious works since the feeling of reading/seeing something taboo is nearly always thrilling.

As for real life... I'm actually completely fine with Male incest.

I fail to see anything gross between two brothers, or even a father and son in some cases.

Incest is mainly taboo due to social values and the birth defects it can cause. In the case of two men making out there's no need to worry about a child being born. I personally wouldn't date my younger brother but if I could replace him with a cutie I'd have no qualms with it.

There's nothing gross about incest in this context in my opinion and those who are uncomfortable or even disgusted with it probably don't have very good reasons for feeling that way. "Society says it's eww so it's wrong" isn't an adequate argument in my opinion. And if you think about it, a family bond is something we strive for in spouses, so who you sleep with is a matter of preference.

I don't agree with incest in real life, I don't like parent-child incest either but I don't mind it between siblings in manga, anime, rp, fanfic etc.

I mean at first I was a but spectacle about it.... then I saw the Hitachiin brothers:P:hamtaro-005 (6):

Umm.. In manga I don't mind incest between siblings but I won't read one with parent/child incest xD

IRL: Well... I don't agree with it but don't disagree either.. I mean I would be really uncomfortable if it was happening with someone I know but if both of them agree and want to be together... just be it.¸

I myself have siblings and would never think of this..

If they love each other, we shouldn't have to say a single thing about it.

It's the choice they made knowing how people think of it.

Though I would kinda freak out if someone told me they're dating their parent, I would almost not react if it's between siblings

I'm weird I guess. :hamtaro-005 (5):

I'm okay with it as long as I'm not the one who's playing that role or something like that.

Yaoi incest is okay, if it's involve mine gender, a bit uncomfortable..