[TV] Hannibal ... in which the food is people methinks, yes/yes?

mangotango

han.png

Hannibal on NBC is my newest show obsession. Here's a quick run-down (Wiki):

Hannibal is an American thriller television series developed by Bryan Fuller for NBC. The series is based on characters and elements appearing in the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI special investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy. The series received a 13 episode order for its first season and, unlike most U.S. network shows, any future seasons will also feature 13 episodes. David Slade executive produced and directed the pilot. The series premiered on NBC on April 4, 2013.

AND as was announced yesterday...

On May 30, 2013, Hannibal was renewed for a second season of 13 episodes, which will air in 2014

My thoughts upon hearing the renewal...

I myself squeed for awhile upon hearing that. It was really touch-and-go there for awhile, because the show hasn't received very good ratings (yet the fan-base is enormous I think, and very active on all the social media sites.) It also helps that actual people from the show (actors as well as writers/directors/producers/etc.) are super-active on Twitter and such... they are quite hilarious actually. I like when a show gets down and dirty with its fan-base... I think we love them for that. And yes I made the little graphic above as a mini-celebration. XD

:Red_fox:

Hugh Dancy stars as Special Agent Will Graham, a criminal profiler with a gift (curse?) for "seeing" what the killer sees, and Mads Mikkelsen stars as Dr. Hannibal Lecter, the brilliant (deadly) forensic psychiatrist and cannibal (with an office made of win and a kitchen made of awesome). Lawrence Fishburne is Special Agent (in charge)Jack Crawford, head of the Behavioral Analysis Department of the FBI. Hettienne Park is Special Agent Beverly Katz (heart her!) and Caroline Dhavernas is Dr. Alana Bloom, psychiatry professor and consultant for the FBI.

I'm just curious if anyone else watches/is a fan of this show. It has kinda taken over my life O_o Also, we can definitely discuss theories and ideas regarding the show, but please put anything that might be spoiler-y under a spoiler thing, just in case (or message me or something! Too many awesome things going on in this I feel I have to discuss with people). ^^ I don't want to ruin things for anyone ^-^ I haven't read the books, but I am a big Silence of the Lambs fan, not to mention a Mads Mikkelsen fan. :3 So, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mangotango

• Leslie_LC

• Helya

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine recommended me this series, I haven't managed to watch it yet. So, it's a good one, worth it? ^_^

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Yes I'd say I'd recommend it. :D Aside from the knockout cast and crew they have (for a network show it's quite astounding I think), the cinematography (is that what it's called?) is brilliant, the soundtrack, the details, themes, significant looks, symbolism, dialogue, etc. really ties in well with the backstory of Graham and Lecter. Also, they have this uncanny ability to make a psychiatrist-cannibal-scary-psycho attractive through his sort of "worldly" and sophisticated nature. Sometimes it's easier for me to hear Mads when he speaks if I watch the episodes online, and while some fans are put off by his accent, I find it adds more dimension to his version of Hannibal. :3

If you do watch it sometime, I'll definitely chat with you about it! XD

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else watch the finale last night? It seems a chunk of Twitter, Tumblr, etc. are all in a collective panic and/or having a meltdown (more so than before). I need to make sure this is coming out on DVD/Bluray so I can snatch it up and then dissect every single frame because WHAT THE HECK BEAUTIFUL LIGHTING IMAGERY DETAIL ACTING MUSICAL SCORE.

I think I saw a tweet from Bryan Fuller about season 2, episode one's title being "Kaiseki" and the season 2 titles may be Japanese-related (or something) and now I'm FULLY INTRIGUED BY THIS. I NEED MOAR.

So, that's what has been happening in my life for the past week or so... flipping out about the finale and now... I have a year to stew about it. *deskflip*

• 1 year later...

I recently started to watch this, im only at the second season. And even if at the beginning i wasn't interested seeing it, just peeking from time to time, after a few episodes i already liked it. Now i can say is in my top series.

Im really curious to see what's next.