All information about Korean blcds' spoken by Koreans

cierratan

introduction

Hello, everyone. I'm a Korean who has loved the genre of bl for over 10 years.
These days, I often hear that many bl genre-related contents such as Korean bl webtoon, animation, and novels are widely popular in foreign countries. Thank you.
Please understand that I use a translator because my English is not good enough.

It is not well known, but I know that there are more than 200 blcds in Korea. It's still being made.
In Korea, most of the blcds are based on famous bl genre novels. The representative example is "Semantic Error" by "Jeosuri".
Therefore, unlike Japanese blcd, the original work is a novel, so if you don't know the language, it is highly likely that you can't understand blcd by yourself.

a Korean audio drama content company

Back to square one, I know that almost the first, if not accurate, released in Korea is the 'Puppet' (In Korean, it's called a '꼭두각시'.) , which was made in 2008.
n the past, various works of BL audio dramas were released, but many companies that produce BL are disappearing. Let me write down some representative companies that are still active.

오디오 코믹스

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

야해밤바다

달보이스

In Korea, people who like blcd use these companies.

The reason why I can't share them and the difference between Japanese blcd.

I'm very sorry that I couldn't share various audio contents with you, but I've seen a lot of Koreans who tried to share them with most file sharing sites, including Mega, which you use, deleted the link in just 5 minutes.
Especially in Korea, monitoring of Korean blcds is strict, and regardless of link leakage, Korean blcds themselves are deleted very often because of their huge capacity. In this regard, I also asked Koreans living abroad for examples
Then at this point, I will introduce how large the capacity of Korean blcd is based on the collection.
In the case of Japanese blcd, you may all know that the playback time is about 1 hour at the shortest and 2 hours at the longest.
That's not the case in Korea. It's very different depending on the original BL novel, but for short stories, it has a playback time of 10-12 hours, and for long stories, it can be up to 90 hours.
And in many cases, the playback time of the sex scene appearing in the film is more than 20 minutes at a time.
I don't know if it's because I'm Korean, but (I've been listening to Japanese blcd for nearly three years.) The sex scene of Korean blcd feels like a work with a lot of effort and effort, such as vivid sound effects and actors' acting.

Unfortunately, unlike other works, Korean blcd has a strong level of punishment and the company is actively monitoring shared files, so I am very sorry about this.

Broader sources related to the blcd

If you want to listen to Korean blcd, it's sad to sign up and pay for the website of the company I mentioned above, but it's the best way.
Most bl works are free at the beginning, so you will be able to enjoy it even a little bit.
If you have any other teasers or information you would like to know, please refer to this below.

Certainly, Korean blcds tend to be less well-known than other contents (except for works from webtoons) because they can't understand the scenes by looking at them in pictures, unlike Japanese ones. 
But I want you to know that Korean blcd is also a good content. I hope one day I can introduce my favorite BLCDs to you. Thank you for reading the long article.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this information! I'm sure those who are interested in Korean blcds will find it very helpful. Unfortunately I don't speak or understand Korean, but I'm interested in learning one day, maybe once my Japanese is at a higher level. I'm currently studying Japanese as a hobby as well, but it's only been two years (I became a fan of blcds and BL manga shortly after I began studying).

The Korean blcd samples I've heard all sound really well produced (both the voices AND the background music), even though I don't understand anything XD. I only knew about koonbooks.com before, since it comes up when you search in English. But there are only a few audio samples there. So thank you for linking others sites to find audio.

I have to admit, I'm surprised to hear how long the playback for Korean blcds are :classic_ohmy: Do Korean cds include more narration compared to Japanese ones? Since from my experience, Japanese blcds are very dialogue heavy. 

Also, what would you say the price range is for Korean cds? I usually find that Japanese cds are around 3000 yen per full disc/hour (without tax), so I'm curious to see how they compare

6시간 전 Celiav는 다음과 같이 말했습니다.

I answer your question.
Thank you for your interest.

Edited by cierratan

Two ways you can keep it

In the case of Korean blcd, you can hear the same bl works in two cases.
The first is to buy CD directly from the homepage. Some people collect them in a collection depending on the series.
The second is that you pay for each episode that fits each bl work from the link on the homepage that I posted. In this case, you can hear it online.

the presence or absence of a narration

Also, in the case of Korean blcd, it depends on each bl work, but I think the bottom has a lot of narration.
Of course, there are many cases where this is not the case, but it is generally the case. For example, the voice actor, who is the main bottom of the work called 'passion', struggled with nearly 2,000 lines per series.

One of the reasons why Blcd's work is so long in Korea is that the description of the emotions between the characters is detailed.
It makes it possible for readers and listeners to understand how they fell in love, why events happened, and how they could only act like that in the past.

the price range

Also, I have purchased blcds in Japan and Korea, so I will explain the price range.
In Korea, BL works that have 2 to 3 series are sold as a rough set. Prices vary a lot depending on the playback time, but generally between $120 and $150 in dollars. Longer series are more expensive. It would be easy to understand if you think about 70 dollars per blcd series. And the playback time for each bl piece is about 8-9 hours. Of course, it's cheaper to pay for each episode online.

In summary, in the case of Japanese blcd, works with a play time of 1 to 2 hours feel 3,000 yen + VAT, but in the case of Korean blcd, works with 4-5 hours of play time are 5,000 yen, and works with 9 to 10 hours of play time are 10,000 yen.

I hope it helped you with your curiosity.

• Like 2