No. 6? Anyone?

Natari-chan

Actually, the ending really got me thinking so hard for nights.

At first I was like : "What the hell Nezumi?? Where are you trying to return to outside the walls anyway?" And I kept thinking that the ending seems like a cheap way to leave an impact when minutes before Nezumi was ready to die with Shion dead... so why leave his side when he's alive?

And then I had to read reviews everywhere. Another fan mentioned that despite his departure, Nezumi will definitely keep an eye on Shion just like he did for four years. This made me a bit happy and I started trying to understand his situation that he can't easily forgive No. 6 just like that, that he needs time to embrace the city that robbed everything from him.

But then I remembered Shion's desire to spend summer with Nezumi and Karan and Safu on their underground apartment and my heart started to ache for Nezumi badly. I rewatched the scene and got the feeling that as he leaves, Nezumi might be expecting Shion to follow after him, which he didn't --- probably couldn't, and not because of his mother, because they could've waited for Karan there and just propose to live together even outside the walls. It wasn't included in the anime so I don't know if Shion re-building No. 6 is really something he must do, that's why he just let Nezumi leave him.

It was really sad. The promise to reunite again seemed so empty whenever I think of that scene when Shion asked Nezumi if he could stay until summer. How hard it was for both of them to accept the fact the nobody made an effort in the last minute. It wasn't just Nezumi who left, Shion didn't stop him, nor went with him, even when he's said that he couldn't bear it if Nezumi will leave him... If Nezumi actually held on to those words, my heart aches for him when he left and looked back at Shion who couldn't make a step to follow him... how he kissed him and said "You'll be fine," when he's probably the one who isn't and will never be.

Only this strip can make me forget my sadness:

tumblr_lrqz6fRmi51qay82x.png

tumblr_lrqz6rVX1K1qay82x.png

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pokeyspot

• xKitsune

• Ephemeral

• Elii

I was just rewatching the anime! As much as I love it, I can't help but notice the second time around that it was so rushed and actually pretty bad :cuteonion44:

The novels are so much better and much gayer (lol). If only I could buy a licensed English translation onionn3

• 1 month later...

I can't exactly remember where I stop in reading the manga but I think it's pretty much around the part when Shion has managed to get the support from that cave (?) where Nezumi used to live? I think No. 6 is pretty much compelling enough for one to continue reading until they get bored or so. The setting of the story is interesting and most characters has backbone. You'll find yourself rooting or hating them.

Unfortunately I discovered the anime before the manga (I have yet to read the manga actually) and I friggin' loved it! Shion and Nezumi worked so well together. The development of both characters made my heart all fluttery

• 2 months later...

This has got to be one of my favorite stories to date!!! My heart still aches when I think about the ending. ):

Thankfully I haven't finished the light novels yet, which I'm enjoying far more than I did the manga! I was walking around a bookstore when the cover caught my eye - I went home and read the first 22 chapters, couldn't find the rest, and now own volumes 7-9.

Although the manga was really, really enjoyable, the alternative ending literally had me laughing (because I thought it was ridiculous :Stomping:).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aaah I really love no.6 ~ I ship Nezumi x Shion too. Nezumi is so pretty as female too! The soundtrack too it very lovely. I'm especially a big fan of the ending sung by Aimer. I know the light novel continues after the anime and hope I can read them one day! I hope they will consider making a season two *__*

• 1 month later...

i'm sure those who have watched NO.6 loves it! i was caught off guard when they kiss in the anime, i mean, dang i do ship them but i didn't expect it! but ofc, who wouldn't be happy?! kyaaa~~ they're just soooooo cute :D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Heya. So watch it or read it? Which one should I do first? Bc I really don't know where I should start lol

i watched it first, then moved on to the light novels cause the story continues in them..so i would say watch first ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I just read a no.6 Dj this morning. I dont remember the name now but it was so good. It had this Seme Nezumi and there was a kid Shion was busy taking care of. he feeds the baby milk to make him sleep and Nezumi gets impatient and starts nibbling on Shion's neck and and and... the busy who was about doze off wakes up in Nezumi's lap and starts sucking on Shion !! >.