Something That You Cannot Dim and Take It Away...

Fmkitty

Pairing: Iori Yagami x Kyo Kusanagi (barely noticeable)

Characters: Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami

Summary: [Trigger warning: past rape/non-con, past abuse and other dark themes]
[This story was written for Iori's b-day on 2022/03/25]
[Takes place after Iori rescued Kyo from the NESTS lab]

''<...> the brunette’s memory skips forward to the most horrific part, which he wishes to forget. Without realizing it, Kyo trembles and covers his face. <...>''
What kind of painful memories Kyo recalls? Is he left alone to deal with his inner fears?
Read and find out.

Some time has passed. Finally, the Kusanagi’s heir is waking up. As soon as the brunette opens his eyes, he briefly panics.

‘What place is this? Where am I? How did I get there?’ - He wonders while sitting up and looking around.

Knowing that he rests in the stranger’s bed, stresses him out. More so, he has no idea who dressed him into a blue pajama, and covered his body in the medical bandage and plaster.

Suddenly, the wave of memories flashes inside his head. It was such a vivid memory that he can even hear every little sound and feel that soreness on his wrists, ankles, and around the neck. Kyo rubs his wrists without realizing as he remembers what happened in the NESTS’ lab.

Lastly, his mind takes him into the darkest corners of his past.

Despite being restrained by the chains, he was desperate to escape and wished not to be left to die alone. However, thanks to his exhausted body, he couldn’t move. That’s right, the brunette was nothing more than testing subject to them. Although, it was too late for him to blame NESTS for messing up with his body.

Kyo was just a living tool. A thing which once fulfills its life purpose given by someone else, will be disposed like the rest of the nameless flesh dolls. The subjects do not need a free will and waste their energy on emotions. After all, all you need to sustain the subject alive is just keep it hydrated, nourished, and clean.

Of course, by far, the Kusanagi thought he could endure any physical and mental torture. The brunette refused to show them his pain and fear because he would lose.

Unfortunately, he hasn’t realized that the research will need more than his flesh and blood.

And thus, a few days later, a nightmare, which nearly broke the Kusanagi’s spirit, has begun.

He didn’t know how much time has passed since then. Perhaps a day, week, months. Such a concept as the ‘time’ ceased to exist to him.

Yet, was anything matter to him? After all, one group of scientists already observed him being violated by the machines countless times.

He never knew that he could make such shameful and lewd voices. Nor the way how his body reacted to the touch of certain devices.

At first, Kyo was disgusted and ashamed at how his body enjoys the stimulation and acted on how the instincts told him to do it.

Perhaps it didn’t matter whenever you have an intimate moment with someone whom you love, or you are getting screwed by strangers - the outcome might be the same. In one way or another, the primal nature would take you over.

He realized all this. Yet, the brunette still refused to embrace being a mindless creature, who would be much happier without his own will.

Despite that, the scientists screwed with him in any shape and form. However, Kyo kept refusing to give in to the dark thoughts, which slowly lure him into false comfort.

In the end, the NESTS stripped away all the brunette’s remains of his dignity and pride. He even lost the most toughest battle to an enemy, which he couldn’t handle alone.

However, one day, after another session of trials, he noticed something that broke his heart.

Kyo was lying like a doll, who did not have the strength left in his body to do anything. All he could do - was blankly staring at the window on his cell.

Behind the glass window, he could see a blonde scientist, who also wore a pair of glasses, talking to someone who looked exactly like him. More so, that replica was so innocent and happy to get treated like her son.

Perhaps, this clone got a decent treatment because he could adapt to his new environment. That’s right, Kyo thought that they created this artificial creature just to replace him and live his life.

It was when exhausted Kusanagi realized NESTS trapped him here for the rest of his days, and with no one knowing about his capture and, possibly, his death. Lastly, before passing out, tears ran down his face.

A few months later.

The flashing red light, the deafening noise of alert sirens, and the automated woman’s voice awaken Kyo. He could even hear how the carnal beast was calling his name.

Suddenly, Iori destroyed the iron door and spotted him in a miserable position.

As both exchanged gazes, Kyo felt the unbearable sense of shame, which he thought was erased. Perhaps that’s why Iori stared at him with anger, disappointment, frustration… and sadness? However, both remained silent. Lastly, the redhead grabbed the chains and tore them apart one by one.

The brunette was in disbelief and couldn’t say a word, nor move. Perhaps it wasn’t Orochi’s blood running in Yagami’s veins that gave him such supernatural strength. No, his eyes were clear and untainted by the certain curse. Nevertheless, Kyo was in awe of what Iori was capable of at a desperate time, driven by the adrenaline.

Fortunately, Iori’s reaction was faster, and Kyo collapses on him. However, no matter how the redhead demanded him to stand up, all the Kusanagi’s attempts ended with failure.

It can’t be helped. The brunette has been attached to these chains like a rag-doll for too long. Even his body slowly forgot how to move.

However, Iori didn’t waste the time. After quickly scanning the surroundings, he grabbed the long medical coat and covered Kyo.

Back to the present, the brunette’s memory skips forward to the most horrific part, which he wishes to forget. Without realizing it, Kyo trembles and covers his face.

During their escape, a powerful enemy blocked their path. Even from its massive body build, it was clear as day that none of them had a chance to defeat this fellow. More importantly, this giant hunter was armored by the latest weapons produced by NESTS.

Of course, the Kusanagi knew it wasn’t worth risking their lives. Unfortunately, Yagami took this a challenge and threat, which could take the brunette from him.

Despite that, Kyo tried to drag him away. However, the redhead brushed him without even looking back. Iori’s eyes were burning with determination and pure rage towards that giant man.

Perhaps Yagami mistook his stone-cold stance as a taunt, and thus, he was provoked to attack.

Iori dashed and was about to use the claw strike. He was so confident that it would be enough to finish this mocking fool.

However, something was off… Just the moment before the strike, the hunter picked the metal bar. It briefly buzzed. As the metal bar hit the redhead’s chest, the high-voltage stroked him.

Lastly, as the gray smoke started coming out of Iori’s lifeless body, he collapsed.

For sure, like never in his life, it devastated Kyo. At that moment, he even forgot about the NESTS sent hunter, nor cared that he was the next target. Now he rushed towards the redhead’s corpse.

As Kyo desperately shook Iori’s senseless body, he begged him in tears for him to wake up and stop pretending to be asleep.

However, there was no sign of life, not even the slightest breath or pulse. The brunette couldn’t accept this. He denied the demise of Yagami and that it was his sacrifice.

Suddenly, the Kusanagi realized he had nothing to lose anymore. He didn’t care that the hunter observed him before killing him next.

Yet Kyo gave his last shot. He knew that soon he’ll join Yagami in whatever place he was now. So, he wanted to show the best he could.

Despite that, the orange flame wasn’t as bright and powerful as before getting kidnapped. He relied on it. After closing his eyes and igniting his palm, the brunette takes a deeper breath.

The giant man only smirked at this petite struggle.

As Kyo opened his eyes, he smashed the burning palm against Iori’s chest. After a few seconds, the redhead groaned and breathed. Soon enough, Yagami shakily opened his eyes.

The Kusanagi himself wasn’t sure whenever he was already insane or hallucinating. Yet, he had no time to shed tears of joy or to check on the redhead. Just before the hunter strikes Kyo, the whole place shook and crumble. Fortunately, they were separated from that giant man.

After Kyo grabbed Iori from behind, he shakily stood up and ran as far as his legs could carry him and Yagami. There was no time even for the mistakes or tripping over.

On their way, they encountered a lot of scattered corpses of the clones who barely resembled humans anymore. Either these artificial beings were shot down or injured, either crushed under the ruins. However, among them, there were a few scientists as well.

After making it through the closing iron gate, Kyo noticed a heavily injured clone who crawled through the same door.

For sure, that replica was too weak to make it through the closing gap. However, he was desperate to survive, and Kyo could see it.

Suddenly, the brunette was dragged away further, and now, pressed against Yagami like being hugged by him.

After Iori covers Kyo’s eyes and ears with his palms, he refused to let him go.

The Kusanagi could barely hear anything aside from the loud sirens and crumbling ruins. He couldn’t understand why Yagami did this.

Meanwhile, the redhead closed his eyes after hearing that agonizing scream followed by the sound of bones and flesh getting crushed.

Then, the brunette could feel how Iori hugged him more tightly. And thus, it was the last thing he could recall.

Unfortunately, Kyo cannot remember what happened after they escaped the lab, nor how he ended up in an unfamiliar apartment.

When he removes his wet palms from his face, he realizes he was crying all this time. After he wipes his face with the pajama’s sleeve, he gets startled by the familiar voice ‘‘Took your time, Kyo.’’.

There is no mistake. The brunette turns his head towards the direction of that voice, and stares in disbelief ‘‘Yagami? Is it you? You’re alive?… How? But what are you doing here?’’.

‘‘You still can’t figure out?’’ - The redhead replies with his arms crossed and him leaning against the door frame.

Without getting any answer from Kyo, who dumbfounded stares at him, Iori explains ‘‘This is my apartment, you fool. I take from your not the smartest look that you don’t remember passing out on me.’’.

As he approaches the brunette and sits on the bedside, he hears Kusanagi’s concerned question ‘‘Why did you bring me here? What do you want from me?’’.

However, Yagami ignores these questions and tells his story ‘‘After you show no signs of waking up soon, I carried you to my room. Even when I was done cleaning your wounds, you were still sleeping. So, I had to wait for at least three days until you woke up.’’.

As he stares at the confused Kusanagi, Iori asks him “Don’t go anywhere yet, got it? I’ll return in a few minutes.”.

“Wait. What have you planned, Yagami?” - The brunette gives him an insisting gaze.

“You’ll see. But in meantime, behave yourself.” - Iori backfires as he gets up.

For sure, no matter how hard Kyo tries to think, he cannot understand what the redhead is up to. But for now, he is left alone.

As time passes by, he becomes more and more anxious and unsure. He simply cannot stand that rising tension. ‘Just why does he take so long?’ - Kyo wonders.

However, just as he prepares to leave the bed, Yagami shows up while carrying something on the wooden tray.

Lastly, the redhead carefully places the tray near Kyo ‘‘Here. Just be careful with it.’’.

Even such a simple thing as a homemade chicken soup looks suspicious to the brunette ‘‘What is this? Are you planning to poison me?’’.

Yet, the redhead only face-palms and sighs ‘‘Just eat it. I don’t want you to pass out again.’’.

At first, Kyo doubtfully stares at Iori. However, after taking a spoon near the bowl, he adds ‘‘You better hope that you have put nothing funny into it…’’.

Just before taking the first spoon, the brunette feels under pressure when he is being watched ‘‘Why do you need to stare at me like that? You know, I can eat pretty fine and with no one else presence.’’.

However, since one pesky redhead refuses to leave, the Kusanagi ignores him.

And thus, he makes the most terrible mistake. That’s right, not only does he burn his tongue and his mouth, but also chokes on the soup.

Fortunately, Yagami’s reaction is faster, and he makes sure that the brunette won’t spill the rest on him, nor harm himself.

‘‘Do not rush while you eat. Or do I need to explain it like you were a child?’’ - Iori scolds the still coughing Kusanagi.

After a while, his coughing eased. Finally, Kyo backfires ‘‘You can’t blame for that. After all, this is the first time in a while when I can have actual food.’’.

‘‘What do you mean?’’ - Iori raises his one eye-brow.

The brunette honestly replies ‘‘After I became NESTS’ test subject, they would give me a daily food ratio. However, I kept refusing even to touch it. So, one day a group of scientists asked the security guards to lend them a hand. Hell, even when I tried to fight off these men, one of them punched me into the guts, and then they strapped me. Then one of these scientists inserted a needle and poured some kind of liquid inside me. I could feel how that cold thing could run in my veins, yet there wasn’t much I could do about it. And since then, such procedure was a part of my routine, and I have never even a single bite of proper food.’’

Once he finishes telling, Kyo gets genially surprised by seeing the redhead’s darkening face. For sure, he does not know why would Iori react this way.

‘‘Did I tell anything wrong? It’s not my fault that they had an advantage over me.’’ - Kusanagi answers in a slightly apologetic tone.

There is no answer from Yagami, who is drowned in his thoughts.

‘At least it explains why Kyo lost so much weight. Just what else those bastards did to him? If I didn’t pass out after sealing Orochi, none of this happened. I would instantly send those cowards to hell by just getting near to Kyo. Those fucking bastards took him from me…’ - Iori wonders, while regretting being so weak at the worst time possible.

Meanwhile, the brunette softens his gaze and places his hand on Yagami’s shoulder.

For sure, such a gesture makes the redhead widen his eyes. Yet, without facing the Kusanagi, he asks ‘‘What do you want? If you have anything to say, say it. Otherwise, I won’t disturb you.’’.

Just as he stands up, he can feel how the brunette pulls his sleeve.

This time, Kyo gets the redhead's attention, even if he did it without even realizing it. Of course, he can’t understand why he reaches out to Iori.

After withdrawing his hand, he defends himself ‘‘Like heck, I did this on purpose!’’.

As the Kusanagi lowers his gaze, he continues in a slightly shy tone ‘‘But could you stay for a bit longer? I won’t mind if you are here… I just want to make sure that I’m not dreaming and that once I wake up, I would be in the lab again.’’.

‘Does he really need to make such eyes? That fool… He won’t get away so easy.’ - Yagami thinks to himself.

Lastly, Iori replies in a chill tone as he can ‘‘Tsk. If that would help you to stay away from causing more problems. If you are still hungry or need anything else, I’ll get it, got it?’’.

Finally, after such a long time, Kyo can genially smile.

‘‘Aren’t you afraid that I can empty your fridge or even take over your place?~’’ - He teases Iori.

‘‘Get better first. Then, you can try to prove it and end up under my foot. But for now, eat, before it gets cold.’’ - Yagami backfires in the same tone.

‘‘Sure thing. So, let’s see if you can cook.’’ - The brunette replies.

For sure, no matter how it feels so unusual that once he finishes the soup, no one will drag him out of his cell and use him as an experimental guinea pig. However, Kyo tries to convince himself that it is alright to eat once without needing to worry about anything.

Some time passes. It is a late evening. However, one certain redhead is sleepless. After getting up and leaving the couch, he checks on Kyo.

That’s right after Kyo finished his meal, Iori explained to him that he can stay in his bed for tonight while he would rest on the couch.

But for now, when he reaches his bedroom door, he silently opens it. After sneaking in, Iori notices that the Kusanagi curled under the blanket and peacefully slept.

Of course, seeing it is enough for the redhead. However, when he is about to leave, he hears the weird noises from the brunette’s side.

‘‘What a hell is wrong with him? Is he talking in his dreams?’’ - Yagami murmurs.

It can’t be helped, then. That’s right, who in the world knows what’s maybe happening to Kyo… Even if he is just having a nightmare, Iori cannot leave him like this.

When he gets close enough and sits on the bedside, the redhead removes the blanket cocoon from the Kusanagi.

Kyo is curled into a ball while turning his back to Yagami. More so, he is shaking like a leaf and time from time whining.

As Iori observes him more, he notices how the Kusanagi curls even more while hugging himself. Even that facial expression concerns the redhead. That’s right, Kyo looks like he is suffering from unbearable pain, and sweats in a cold sweat.

Perhaps he is sick. When Yagami places a couple of fingers on the brunette’s forehead, he is assured that is not a fever. Despite that, seeing the brunette having a nightmare disturbs him.

Even if in the past Iori kept telling that he’ll finish Kyo, seeing him now like this is a completely different thing.

Yagami cannot understand. Why does he feel bad for his rival?. It’s not what he wanted to happen. It’s not Kyo, whom he knows. Where is that stupid, arrogant brat who always keeps that smug face? Where is the little sparkle in his eyes?

He doesn’t like this at all.

However, the Kusanagi murmurs something. Eventually, Iori understands his singly words, which he speaks in a robotic and shaky voice.

Lastly, he can hear words like these ‘‘…No…please, no…I beg…just...return to…to me…Yagami…’’.

For sure, hearing his name in such a tone makes him feel numb inside. What nightmares Kyo is going through? How does the redhead get involved in them? Is he dreaming about the NESTS, Orochi’s blood curse, or something even worse? There are too many questions at the moment, which Iori cannot answer.

But for now, Yagami brushes the brunette’s forehead and his hair. While he keeps doing it, he silently observes the Kusanagi.

Eventually, Iori’s treatment gives good results - Kyo stops shaking and calms down. More so, he stops speaking in his sleep and slowly breathes.

For sure, Yagami gets relieved as well. However, for tonight, he stays close to the brunette. He wants to make sure that he is near if Kyo has another episode like this.

So, after covering the brunette and himself under the blanket, Iori returns to sleep. Lastly, he hopes that he’ll wake up earlier than Kyo. That’s because he doesn’t want the Kusanagi to have weird thoughts or assume anything.

For now, Iori decides to leave tomorrow’s challenges for tomorrow. Besides, it will be just the beginning of Kyo’s slow rehabilitation.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fmkitty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic