Semantic Error

Kujaku

semantic-error-210x300.jpg

Some of you might be familiar with Semantic Error manhwa by Jeosuri, I wasn't until last week. Well, I didn't read the manhwa, but I did watch the

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and I loved it, it was so cute. After watching that I also found out there's a drama coming up, scheduled to run from the 16th this month to 10th of March.

https://i.mydramalist.com/d5KBz_4c.jpg

The drama will have 8 episodes, 20 minutes each and I am looking forward to watch it. Even if you didn't read the manhwa or watch the anime, I think the drama will be great. Based on everything I know about Semantic Error and Korean BL dramas in general I am confident this will be a fun watch (please BL gods, don't disappoint me!).

Anyone else looking forward to watching Semantic Error drama? Any thoughts on the manhwa and/or the animation?

Edited by Kujaku

• 9 months later...

Oh...that's news to me !

Have you watched it

?

As for me, I'm not too sure I'll watch. I like the manhwa mostly for the "opposite attracts" plot, as for the story line, I don't find it fascinating...

Both leads have complex personalities and if the acting is not point, it can be deceiving....but hey, I might be wrong and they might do a great job at impersonating these characters.

On 11/21/2022 at 3:43 PM, Choree said:

Have you watched it

?

I did, yes. Meant to mention it here, but got distracted, lol.

(kind of forgot my thoughts on it since I watched it, so I'm copy pasting part of a review I wrote, lol)
I almost dropped it, but I decided to see where it goes and I really enjoyed it. The series lacks in a few ways, but I liked the message and I loved that both main characters showed growth. And I really like that cosy, heart-warming feeling Korean BL mini series give. (end quote)

About that cosy feeling, I find that most Korean BLs make me feel all snug and happy, but if I think about the plot itself, it's kind of ridiculous and some things make no sense whatsoever. So I tend to focus on the feeling more than on the actual plot. They are kind of the visual of 'first story ever please don't judge', lol.

Thank you for such a detailed review

xD ! I wasn't expecting this but I appreciate it.

Yea, I have to agree with you about that cosy-feeling, which is the reason I watch/read Korean drama. It makes you forget about your real life worries for a second heh.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Regarding the drama, it's definitely the best BL live action I've watch. The actors are really good and very handsome. They are both from idol groups and yet their acting is not cringe and their chemistry is so natural. I never understood Semantic error in the webtoon or in the animated version but the drama gave the story some sense and realistic feel, especially in a competitive college setting which I can relate.

If you are not sure if you should watch the drama, please do!

• Like 2