How did you get into Yaoi?

AlphaZero

I was watching an anime and a bl randomly pop up,  by then I was watching kpop ships(got into bts because of the dynamics of vminkook(?) so I was curious and search more story about that. Later on, I was reading gukuan(?) Alice(?) on a website for hardcore yaoi manga, go ahem. My obsession with bl started. It was just mangas, then bl, novels, anime and now, movies. Sometimes. My reading manga.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlphaZero

• Ei

• Demonic_Cultivator

• fan_yaoi

Junjou Romantica.

From a a distance, the poster I saw has the same art style as Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

Then I saw the genre "Yaoi" which I didn't know.

I searched it, then found out it means BL.

Then I remembered a M x M kiss scene in Maid-sama.

Then I'm like "After all, why not? Why should I not watch it" 

Then *poof* 

I think I was 13 and just trying to find a good anime to watch online when I stumbled upon Gravitation. Didn't know it was a shounen ai because the art kinda reminded me of Yu-Gi-Oh until Shuichi starts pursuing Yuki. And then my love for yaoi was born aha~ (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

• 2 weeks later...

Idk man I just know it started when I was recommended naruto x sasuke amv started which were popping up in my 2011 YouTube feed (and I closed my eyes when they kissed because I was scared for some reason 🤨) and being a 12 yr old you get attached to stuff like these. I thought i would stop liking the “yaoi” genre but I start to branch out 7 years later and I guess this is where i am😐

Edited by GoopySaliva

1 minute ago, GoopySaliva said:

Idk man I just know it started when I was recommended naruto x sasuke amv started which were popping up in my 2011 YouTube feed (and I closed my eyes when they kissed because I was scared for some reason 🤨) and being a 12 yr old you get attached to stuff like these. I thought i would stop liking the “yaoi” genre but I start to branch out 7 years later and I guess this is where i am😐

If I didn’t figure out lgbt people by the age of 12 I would’ve gone to Christian school and thought they were fake 🤩