At the Mercy of Undine

Fmkitty

Pairing: Iori Yagami x Kyo Kusanagi

Characters: Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami

Summary: [Based on one of our most famous Lithuanian folklore tale - Jūratė and Kąstytis]
The life of a young fisherman named Kyo was so simple and average until he encounters an unknown sea creature. It was just a beginning of his troubles. However, the very little that he knows that this sea deity took interest in him...
[This story was written for Kyo's b-day on 2021/12/12]

A long time ago, somewhere in a faraway land beyond nine seas. There lived a young fisherman named Kyo. Since his young days, the sea was no scary stranger to him. He was taught that the sea could give a life and feed many, yet, those who disrespected it, were harshly punished. Even before the brunette sets the boat for another fishing, he asks for the generousness of the gods. When he would return safely after another trip, he would also thank for each brought big catch. Such ritual became just another part of this fisherman’s routine, and it felt so natural as breathing. However, the very little Kyo knows what kind of mythical deity he will encounter and how it will drastically change his life.

For now, it is just an average day for the Kusanagi’s heir. It is so calm that it bored him to tears. That’s right, the sounds of the moving waves and time from the time above him flying seagulls, nearly put him asleep. More so, comfortably sitting in the swung by the waves boat and enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun also feels so relaxing.

Unfortunately, all the sleepiness instantly disappears once Kyo senses that something heavy is pulling down his fishing rod and refuses to let it go.

‘What kind of fish is that?!’ — Or so, the brunette wanders while he uses all his strength to pull the fishing rod. For now, he is more determined to pull out whatever sea creature it could be, rather than fearing that the fishing line will break, and the escaping fish.

‘‘Resisting, eh? You won’t escape me, pal!’’ — stubbornly adds Kyo. Unfortunately, the sunbeam blinds him for the moment. It follows by the sudden gasp, and the brunette losing his balance. As he falls while holding the fishing rod, the boat violently swings. Fortunately, the Kusanagi’s heir manages to get up. On the other hand, the mysterious catch was already dived deep into the sea.

For sure, Kyo feels frustrated that he missed a chance to see what kind of fish was resisting. Yet, the brunette was surprised as he spots the lying necklace still attached to the fishing hook.

‘‘How did this thing end up being here? Did it belong to that fish?’’ — the young fisherman wanders while observing the necklace with the crescent moon on it, which was made from precious metals and tiny jewels. After looking closer at this ‘catch’, he notices a couple of red-colored haired stuck between the necklace.

“Could it be that it belonged to, um, how is it called… the oarfish, right? Just what does it do here?” — the brunette furthers comments without receiving answers, only the passing-by seagulls laugh at him. After taking out the stuck strand of the hair and inspecting it, Kyo realizes that it reminds more of a human's hair. Nevertheless, it leaves him with more unanswered questions.

Finally, just before the sunset, the brunette decides to return home and call it a day. One thing is for sure, such an expensive-looking necklace could allow his family to live like nobles for an entire year. More importantly, they won't need to work anymore. But before selling it, Kyo wants to show his lucky catch to his parents. He feels that it would be wrong to hide this from his parents.

When the young fisherman returns home, he tells about his oh-so-brave fight and today's finding, without missing even a single detail.

Some time has passed. After listening to his story, Kyo is surprised by his father's decision. He must return to its proper owner because it might belong to one of the great sea deities. More so, if the brunette does not return it, then not only him, but his entire family and, possibly, the future descents, might face the wrath of the sea gods.

For sure, Kyo is so close to losing his control over such a foolish decision. Thankfully for the mother's calm interface, the young fisherman is calmed down. Now, she explains that, according to the heard rumors, recently, the fishermen encounter a mysterious being, who attacks them and sometimes sinks them. Some even suspect it could be such a legendary creature as a mermaid. That's why it would be wiser to return the necklace to whom it belongs. Lastly, she adds that their family to this day lives well, and how selling this jewelry would be the same as letting the stranger take their family's kept treasure.

Yet, Kyo admits that there is a truth in his parents' words, and he decides that starting tomorrow, he would begin to search for the owner of this necklace. Meanwhile, he thinks to himself that it would be interesting if the owner would turn out to be an actual mermaid. More so, if that sea creature would be his taste and have a big dowry, he won't be missing a chance to marry it. So, with that in mind, the young fisherman calls it a day.

As the dawn breaks, the brunette already prepares his boat and bids another farewell to his mother before leaving.

So far, nothing unusual. Kyo even nearly falls asleep. Before he closes his eyes, it happens. Suddenly, something hits the fishing boat. For sure, the brunette instantly sits up and rushes to check the thrown fishing net. He widens his eyes at seeing the tail of the big fish diving into the depths of the sea, along with the loosen net.

'What in the world is that? Is that is the same creature from the yesterday? What kind of sea monster is that?' — Or so, Kyo wanders as he observes escaping fishes. Now, as the brunette rises the necklace, he shouts from the top of his lungs “Oi, you! Stop! Didn't you come for this? Answer me!”. However, no reply. All Kyo could hear is the sound of moving waves. It is followed by the brunette's honest anger and disappointment as he facepalms “Damn you!… Now my half day's work is for naught…”.

Meanwhile, deep below the young fisherman's boat, the mysterious red-haired creature lurks, who had below the waist a fishtail. Now, it victoriously announces “This time it was just a warning. Next time we meet, I'll let you greet your creator, son of the fisherman!”. Lastly, this sea deity disappears into the darkness of sea depths.

Day after a day, the young fisherman had to deal with the mysterious sea creature’s shenanigans. For most of the time, it was rather annoying. But those were harmless pranks. Be it that creature loosening the fishing net or cutting the fishing line, or hitting the boat. Overall, no matter how fast Kyo would react, all he could see was the already escaping the monster’s aquamarine-colored scaled tail diving. Perhaps, it is how the sea creature tries to get the brunette’s attention. But then, why does it not respond when the Kusanagi’s heir keeps calling it?

Kyo cannot understand what exactly this creature wants from him. If it was about that necklace, why does the mysterious monster do not take it back when the brunette offers it? Nevertheless, he refuses to give up until he will see who is behind all this.

However, one day, the fisherman decides not to go fishing, and after preparing the boat, just to sail.

It is a late afternoon, yet, Kyo was alone in the sea — even the mysterious fish creature doesn’t show up. Perhaps, it changed the hunting spot, or so, wanders the brunette, moves forward.

Nearly a half-hour passes, and the fisherman is out from his fishing territory. Those are uncharted waters for him. Yet, despite the unsettling feeling, the brunette process further. Even the sky covers in the dark gray clouds like warning him not to go any further. Yet, after noticing in the distance that someone is sitting on the rock, Kyo wants to make sure that his eyes aren’t tricking him.

After getting closer, he notices that this person’s lower half of the body is being swallowed by the giant fish. Of course, the brunette is concerned about how this person is so chill despite what is happening. Lastly, as he was close to the redhead, Kyo gazes in awe at him. Or at least he focuses his gaze at the waist and such nice skin. Instead of having two legs, there is a long aquamarine-colored fishtail. More so, this person’s slim waist makes their chest look bigger. So, this is what they call a mermaid, huh? Or so, thinks Kyo when he observes the mysterious creature’s body with such amazement.

However, the young fisherman is returned to reality by the irritated voice of the redhead ‘‘Are you going to stare all day, you foolish human? Or do you don’t know such thing as manners?’’.

Meanwhile, Kyo remains speechless and mesmerized by the mythological creature’s charms. After shaking his head, the brunette looks at the redhead, who addresses him ‘‘What’s wrong? Don’t tell me that you have never seen an undine before?’’. Yet, the fisherman stares with such curiosity while his cheeks are still dyed in that cute red tone. Nevertheless, the so-called undine tries to remain as calm as possible while continuing ‘‘Anyway, I’ll let you know my name. I’m Iori Yagami, the ruler of this sea. However, since you know about me, I won’t let leave alive!’’.

The brunette got alerted by this threat, and indignantly replies ‘‘What?! Why? What I have ever done to you to deserve that?!’’.

Yet, Yagami’s round fin-like ears twitch to the sides, and he asks in a strict tone ‘‘Answer me! What are you doing in my domain, son of the fisherman? Do you think you would get away by capturing my fish? I warned you countless times, human. This time, I promise that you’ll die!’’.

Nevertheless, instead of fearing the wrath of the undine, Kyo just sighs and facepalms. After fixing his hair, he backfires ‘‘So, you are the one, who keeps knocking my boat and ruining the net? You know, your shenanigans are just annoying. Why don’t you stop it before I’ll capture you and let my mother make a fine fish stew from you? Or better, make you into a nice decoration for the guest room? ~’’.

For sure, this fool's arrogance irritates and maddens Iori. Now, his tail aggressively splashes the water. Even if most of the water hits Kyo, he just wipes out his face by his white shirt’s sleeve. It is followed by him making a smug look on his face and chuckling ‘‘So, it is you, after all. Now, was it a bitter truth, huh?… Listen, can you tell me something? I found this-’’.

However, it is the last drop of Yagami’s patience. He won’t let this stupid fisherman act as he wants. Now, instead of allowing Kyo to finish, Iori dives into the sea. Even, the tip of his tail multiple times slaps the brunette’s face before the redhead disappears into the deep water.

As Kyo frowns and shakes his head. Lastly, as he rolls up the sleeves, he declares before jumping into the water “Oh no, you don't! Like heck, I gonna let you escape!”.

After noticing how the foolish human is chasing him, Iori swims faster. Unfortunately, the fisherman is not a bad swimmer, and he manages to catch the undine by the tail. For sure, it alerts Iori, and he tries to shake off Kyo “Get off from me!”.

However, the brunette stubbornly holds into the tail. Soon enough, the redhead starts to feel how the young man's grasp around his tail loosens. Did that stupid human decide to give up? Or so, thinks Yagami. After he turns back, he notices how Kusanagi cannot keep his breath any longer.

“Why are you doing this? You'll drown, you fool!” — adds the redhead, as he finally shakes off of Kyo.

The young fisherman's vision began to dim, and his consciousness slowly fades away. Is this is how his life will end? Is sinking in the depths of water and by the time becoming mere food for all kinds of sea creatures, is his end? Perhaps, such death would suit someone, who was using the kindness of generous sea. Or so, the brunette thinks to himself, without having any regrets.

However, the moment before his life fades away, Kyo could feel someone gently placing the palm on his cheek, and something soft pressing against his lips.

The time has passed, and eventually, the brunette slowly begins to regain consciousness. Maybe chasing that mermaid was just a weird dream, after all. That’s right, he could feel how he is tucked under the warm blanket. Yet, something is off… When Kyo tries to roll on the sides, he realizes that this bed is wider than his. More importantly, the bedsheet is so soft, and it felt like it was made from the finest silk and cotton, which only the nobles or royals could afford.

No matter how it's warm and comfortable, Kusanagi’s heir opens his eyes and sits up. Finally, he realizes that he is far away from his home. How did he end up in this bedroom? What kind of place is this? Why the walls, the ceilings, the floor are made from amber? To whom does this palace belong? — Or so, disbelieves Kyo.

After looking at himself, the brunette is even more surprised that someone changed his clothes while he was unconscious. It appears that he is dressed up in nothing more than a long white shirt made from the most expensive material.

Nevertheless, his further thoughts are interrupted when he gets startled by someone entering the room. It followed by the familiar voice ‘‘You’re finally awake, human. You took some time.’’.

Kyo only covers himself with the blanket as the redhead nobleman approaches him. Yet, after the brunette recognizes this person, he doubtfully addresses him ‘‘Yagami? Is it you? How did you… Why am I here?’’. Yes, even if Iori doesn’t have a fishtail anymore, nor round fins instead of ears, but Kyo is sure - that is the same creature, which met before.

When the redhead sits next to the fisherman, he explains in a chill tone ‘‘So, you can’t remember anything, huh? In that case, I'll remind you. You are in my amber castle, which is under the sea. All this time, I was taking care of you and waiting until you will be awake. So, be grateful, you mortal. ’’.

It appears that Kyo believed in the Iori’s story, and he replies ‘‘You know, I have a name too! So, stop ‘you -ing’ me, okay? The name is Kyo, got it? I do not want that you would think that I’m ungrateful. I appreciate what you have done. But can you let me go home? I do not want to make my parents worry.’’. Now, the brunette impatiently waits for the answer while giving a demanding look for Yagami.

‘‘I’m afraid that I cannot do that. First, do you know how long you have been there?… Seven weeks. By that time, your family might already bury you and grieves over you as we speak.’’ — Iori clarifies in a serious tone.

Surely, hearing such news shocks Kyo, who just widens his eyes. After he lowers his head, the young fisherman’s hands grasp the blanket. All he could do is just speak in a silent voice ‘‘Oh god, no… Why?… I’m so sorry, Mother…’’.

For some reason, Yagami started to feel bad for the devastated brunette. And, now, he brings Kyo closely to him. As Iori lets Kyo rest his head against his chest, the redhead sinks his fingers in the brunette’s hair. Surely, it makes the Kusanagi’s heir release his pain and felt guilt. For now, the redhead allows this human to let it out until he calms down.

Some time has passed. Finally, the brunette with-draws his face from Yagami and wipes his tears by the sleeve. However, he remembers the last given task for him. So, Kyo asks in a slightly shaky voice ‘‘At least, can you let me out until I’ll find the owner of one necklace? I left it somewhere in my pockets. So, I need to find my clothes.’’.

Just as the young fisherman tries to get up, Iori stops him by placing his palm on the brunette’s chest ‘‘There is no need for that. I told you, I cannot let you leave the castle, you’ll get killed by that stupid god, who cursed me never leave the sea.’’. Before the brunette opens his mouth, Yagami interrupts him when he takes out something behind the shirt. It is the necklace with the crescent moon on it. Meanwhile, the redhead shows this jewelry, he comments ‘‘You mean this one? You stupid human… I expected that you’ll sell it and leave my kingdom alone when you robbed it from me.’’.

However, Kyo only dumbfounded stared at Iori. Soon enough, he cracks a smile and replies ‘‘I may be not the wealthiest, but I never took something that does not belong to me. However, if it is yours, why didn’t you try to claim it back when I accidentally took it? I even called you, but you keep running away from me, Yagami.’’.

For sure, such a reply annoyed Iori, who briefly answers ‘‘You could just throw it away! Do you know how long I waited?’’.

‘‘And let someone else find it? More important, I couldn’t bring myself to throw this at you like this. So, be glad that I didn’t force you to fetch it like you were a dog.’’ — Or so, the brunette instantly backfires.

After noticing a smug face on Kyo’s face, Iori knew that it won’t end well. Yet, he listens to how the brunette teases him ‘‘Were you watching me all that time?~ Or did you try to get my attention by your pranks and then run away? Aww, you could just ask me, and I would kindly give it to you.’’.

For sure, such arrogant behavior started to get on Yagami’s nerves. Suddenly, he pushes the brunette on a bed and corners him. Iori silently growls at Kyo ‘‘Do not test my patience. Be grateful that each time I decide to spare you. But one wrong move or word, and I may kill you. That’s for sure!’’.

Kyo only closes his eyes and sighs. After the brunette gives a warm smile, he gently places his palm on Iori’s cheek while calmly replying ‘‘So, this is how you call it… I don’t understand one thing. Why didn’t you leave me to drown, if you want my death so badly? Instead of that, you gave me another life, Yagami.’’.

Despite how the brunette looks so lovely in the redhead’s eyes, he indignantly replies ‘‘Silence! It’s not that I saved you or anything. You are not allowed to die by someone else hand or by your foolishness!’’.

Yet, Kyo just turns his head and chuckles. He cannot take such a grumpy face or threats seriously, no matter how hard Yagami tries to intimidate him.

It follows by Iori’s cheeks dying in light red color, and him adding ‘‘What’s so funny? Laugh all you want, but from now on, your life depends on me, Kyo.’’.

The Kusanagi’s heir faces Yagami, he comments in a calm tone ‘‘You keep saying how you are killing me, but you do the opposite, Yagami. You even took care of me. Are you sure that-?''

However, Iori had enough, and he shuts Kyo by pressing his lips against his. Lastly, Kyo closes his eyes and lets a silent chuckle in between catching a breath. After he wraps his arms around Iori, the brunette pushes his luck and pulls Yagami into a passionate kiss. Surprisingly, he hasn't pushed away. Yet, the redhead decides not to give up, and his tongue begins to explore each tiny part of his partner’s mouth. Kyo only lets a sudden sweet gasp between catching his breath and could feel how the shivers sent down his spine.

The brunette feels that he could drown in pleasure just by that. Even when Iori slides his hands under Kyo’s shirt to remove it, the Kusanagi’s heir allows the redhead to act as he wants. After all, the redhead was craving for him for so long. The brunette knows that, and he doesn’t mind Yagami’s rougher and impatient moves. Even those left bite marks all over Kyo’s body aren't too painful for him while being embraced by Iori.

Perhaps, the redhead was too lonely for so long that now he just acts like this. That’s why, along with that reason, Kyo decides to give himself for this man and comfort him. He just wants to stay by Iori’s side, regardless of what kind of fate may await them.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fmkitty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic