Bl/lgbt movie summaries/reviews

kjyc

Hello there ! Im Kjik real name Jess.

I have watched hundreds of LGBT movies particularly BL movies.

In this thread i will provide summaries and mini reviews of these films.

I will try to review as many as possible, this will take some time- so i will be posting by alphabetical order.

Hopefully ill finish as soon as possible but id like to provide a guide of as many movies as i can.

Please be patient :)

you can post in this thread your own reviews etc if you disagree with me ha ha

Please dont spam this post because it will make it hard for others to read.

If you would like me to add a summary for a particular movie please pm me and ill do it when i get to that

letter.

I will post more details and begin the reviews later today, hope you all enjoy!

Regards Jess

Ok so heres a basic guide for now:

Ratings will be in :) 1 smiley meaning bad and up to 5 meaning really good.

ALL MOVIES ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.

• Like 3

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kjyc

Top Posters In This Topic

2x4

2by4

2by4-films-photo-1.jpg

Themes: Drama,Mature, Romance, Inner demons,Drug Use,Yaoi

Plot:

Johnnie is an Irish Immigrant to the US, he is a blue collar worker and has a girlfriend. Seems simple enough- in reality he has sex with other men, dresses in drag and gets into SM play behind his girlfriends back. Through his exploits he meets a hustler called Christian who becomes his romantic interest. Throughout he is taking cocaine, drinking alcohol and ruining his relationships as he tries to battle with inner demons from his childhood. When he looses it all Christian is there - and Johnnie begins to understand himself more.

Review:

This film is definitely not everyone's cup of tea the idea and the development of Johnnies character is pretty good, but there are many times in the film that you feel you don't know whats going on. Also its not a happy film in general with the underlying theme of child abuse. However, this film is interesting and contains some depth in its portrayal of someone slowly getting to grips with their past.

Rating:
:)

220px-Three_film.jpg

Themes: Drama,Mature, Romance,SEX SEX and more SEX,Yaoi,smut,Shoujo

Plot:

The movies tells the story of a couple- a couple that falls in love..with someone else! Hanna and Simon have two very different personalities but are both (separately) enticed by Adam, they both fall in love with him. Many funny yet poignant things ensue, that make the characters question ideas on what is normal and on their sexuality as Adam "spices" up their lives. Simon in particular has to deal with a personal trial.

Review:

Let me just say this..this movie is HOT HOT HOT.. if you are not grossed out by straight sex- then watch this because the man to man scene is more than worth it! On a serious note though, this is a really good film because it makes the viewer challenge their beliefs in boundaries, where do you draw the line? What is real love? Also Adams character highlights the Bi/Pan-sexual individual whose attractiveness is kind of androgynous.

Rating:

3-Day Weekend

MV5BMTk3NDQ5MjAwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc3MDk5MQ@@__V1__SY270_CR4,0,182,270_.jpg

Themes: Drama,Mature, Romance,comedy?Yaoi

Plot:

A gay couple-Jason and Simon decide to take a holiday. Jason has a cabin in the woods and he along with Simon (who he has been with for many years) prepare for the trip. There's a catch though..they decide that the more the merrier. Jason and Simon invite some friends and acquaintances. Among these is good friend and playboy Cooper and his first semi-long-term partner Ace (gentle type). There's also Simon's yoga instructor (spiritual type). A hustler Cameron (whose involved with Simon). There's also Cameron who is the druggie and Mac the shy guy. All in all the mix of these characters over the weekend brings out everybody's true colors.

Review:

Let me just say this- this is a low budget movie full of stereotypes, cheesy lines and lame acting. BUT i loved it ! I found the interaction of the characters really good and i was interested in knowing what happens next. Even though the characters were exaggerated there were moments of truth and it was really good to see what happens when it all hits the fan!!

Rating:

9 Dead Gay Guys

9-dead-gay-guys-films-photo-1.jpg

Themes: Drama,Mature, Romance,comedy, Tragedy,Yaoi

Plot:

Two unemployed Irishmen "work" in London as male prostitutes. One of them kills a client by "over-sexing"(is there such thing? jokes). Anyway, they journey through the London gay scene to find a mythical bed of money.

On their travels 9 Gay men end up dead (hence the title).

Review:

Ok, well this film is either love or hate- i found it hilarious, its black humor and sarcasm and just plain bizarre.This is not everyone's style of comedy, its important to realize that this is not meant to be a meaningful movie. Rather it pokes fun at stereotypes, its dramatic and has a lot of catch phrases! I liked the ending too.

Rating:

10 Attitudes

oehpr3XMe3njHPgMKlztAthCzqP.jpg

Themes: Drama,Romance,Comedy,Yaoi

Plot:

The story of a Jewish gay man (Josh) who busts his longtime partner cheating on him(with a twink giving a bj in the car). So after 10 years he has to go back to being single. After some preparation and changes he wants to try dating again. His best friend Brandon bets he can find him a guy in ten days.

Review:

This is a super low budget film, the character of Josh is pretty interesting but also kind of annoying and over-the-top. The story was pretty good but the acting sucked ha ha, Still i enjoyed this because it shows how hard it is for someone who has being dating for so long to suddenly be single. Plus its a funny film.

Rating:

10 Rules

10856326_det.jpg

Themes: Romance,Comedy,Yuri,Short Film-Documentary-style

Plot:

The ten rules to follow in the lesbian dating scene. A short film guide to one womans rules about what to do if your interested in someone. She shares her views on the cliches of the lesbian scene while at a party.

At this party there is somebody shes interested in and the events that ensue are pretty funny!

Review:

I really like this short, its soo funny and the things she point out could actually apply to most relationships gay, Bi, straight etc...Her constant lusting over her crush and the other over the top characters make it a great watch.

Rating:

15-films-photo-1.jpg

Themes: Shounen-Ai,doll-sex,Action&Violence,Sad,Slash,Comedy, Tragedy

Plot:

This about teenage gangsters in Singapore. These teens are outcasts from society and have found a place among each other-yet they have lost their childhood.

The films is riddled with a kind of homosexual tension that does not fully eventuate.

The film focuses on their lives and struggles to live. Their violence and the things that they feel gives them release. The cinematography is amazing - visually a stunning film,

with hints of Singapore-style humor.

Review:

This is a favorite among many peoples LGBT film lists. The acting and the actual cinematography are beautiful. It is quite a violent film however and has a tragic end-

for me that's the reason i give it a lower ranking. Otherwise its a very well made film.

Rating:

29th and Gay

29th-and-gay-films-photo-1.jpg

Themes: Romance,Comedy, Yaoi

Plot:

James' 29th birthday comes around and he is so depressed! He's approaching 30 (which is the new 40-in "gay terms") he's got a belly, he's loosing his hair and he's SINGLE. In his mind his life can't get any worse!

His best-gal friend (Roxy) wants him to get out of this depression and find someone. Brandon also wants him to get himself a man and tries to help him in the gay scene again. Yet, its up to James to change his own attitude.

Review:

Another low-budget film with a decent plot. Acting and characters were interesting even if they were a bit typical. I enjoyed this film its got a good comedy value and i think any single person can relate to

James' feelings.

Rating:

• Like 2

À cause d'un garçon

(You'll Get Over It)

200px-Youll-Get-Over-It.jpg

Themes: Drama,Romance,School,coming of age,Yaoi,Sex scenes

Plot:

Vincent is an average guy, hes on the swim team and has a nice girlfriend- nothing unusual. Everything changes when he spots the new transfer Benjamin.

They have an instant chemistry and Vincent is interested. By beginning to open up to Benjamin, Vincent neglects friends and family and swimming.

As somebody sees them together- rumors fly that he is gay and everybody near him suspects him. Vincent turns on Benjamin to dispel the rumors. As the film progress we see what Vincent decides and how he comes to terms with his sexuality.

Review:

This is a really good film. Vincent and Benjamin both act in a most natural way- even the girlfriend Naomi (i dont rmb the french spelling) has a really realistic reaction to the coming out.

The way things are resolved is really good too. Highly Recommend this film.

Contains Straight Sex scenes

Rating:

:):):):):)

Ausente

(Absent)

Ausente-by-marco-berger.jpg

Themes: Drama,unrequited love,school,teacher-student,Yaoi, tragedy

Plot:

Martin has a crush on his high school coach. Unlike most of us who secretly crush on teachers- he actively and openly pursues Sebastian. The coach sees a misguided youth and wants to help him in a fatherly way.

Martin lies and manipulates situations so he can seduce him. When the Sebastian realizes this hes pretty upset and hits him causing him to......

Review:

This film is a tragedy but the ending is up to your interpretation- so maybe its not a tragedy?? This is a good film that tackles the other side of teacher-student relationships, the ones the student creates.

Solid film, but its sad :(

Rating:

:):):)

Adam & Steve

220px-Adam_and_steve_movie_poster.jpg

Themes: Drama,Romance,Comedy,Yaoi, SCAT

Plot:

In the eighties, a gay goth goes to the club with his best gal friend. They thought it was goth night but they were wrong. Adam (the goth) is attracted to one of the Go Go dancers (Steve). They hook up and go back to Adams place where Steve gives Adam Cocaine for the first time...the night turns into a big mess literally!

Years later, Adam is still a shy and cynical kind of guy and is currently single. His best gal friend lost weight and Adam meets a guy named Steve as he begs him to save his dog. They keep meeting coincidentally and decide to date. Meanwhile, Adam goes to meetings for reformed coke addicts and thinks back to how he got addicted and scared for life from that night in the eighties.

The romance between him and the new Steve continues...yet who really is Steve?

Why does he disappear after proposing to Adam?

Review:

I love this movie! This is one of my top favorite gay films of all time. Its hilarious on so many levels and lame and just plain exaggerated but its awesome. This is thoroughly entertaining and lives up to the saying opposites attract!

Best line in it is: "God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve."

Worth the watch- not for the faint hearted its got a poo scene :p

Rating:

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert

215px-Priscilla_the_Queen.jpg

Themes: Drama,Romance,Comedy,Gender Bender, Drag queens

Plot:

This is the story of three drag queens from Sydney on their journey to Alice Springs to do a show.

Their names are:

Tick aka Mitzi Del Bra, Bernadette Basinger (who is a transsexual) and Adam aka Felicia Jollygoodfellow.

The three are going to do a show for Anthony's (Tick) friend Marion. The trip takes four weeks through rural/desert Australia. Along the way they perform and are met with different trials. Then name the bus "Priscilla Queen of the desert." The find the local

indigenous people accepting and others not so as they are jeered at Adam is bashed and the bus is vandalized. Along the way they pick up a mechanic who helps them. As they finally reach their destination- a shocking secret is revealed about Anthony. As they come to terms with it- they also begin new relationships.

Review:

Maybe because i'm from Australia i'm just partial but this is an awesome movie! There are parts that are serious and parts that are definitely inappropriate but this is more a comedy than anything else! This movie was the clincher for Lgbt movies in Australia but i'm not sure how other cultures would view it- it might be useful to look up the locations of the tour to give you an idea of what people in those areas are like. Anyway its really good :p

I recommend (if you can access this) to watch the Australian series I Will Survive that is based on this film.

If you do you'll get to see this guy in drag:

Tom-Sharah-512x288_rdax_293x165.jpg

Rating:

Ai no Kotodama

250px-Words_of_Devotion.jpg

Themes: Drama,Romance,Shounen-ai, BL,Bishounen

Plot:

Tachibana and Otani are living together after graduation. They are happy in their routine and extremely lovey-dovey.

However, Yuki - Tachibana's friend comes in on the scene. Otani becomes very jealous and insecure worried about whether Tachibana really is gay and if he really loves him.

Review:

This is basically a really cute movie. Nice hot guys and a cute complication makes for a sweet movie. Nothing too meaningful but its enjoyable.

Rating:

:):):):)

• Like 3

ANNOUNCEMENT : THIS THREAD HAS MOVED :p

ALL MY REVIEWS WILL NOW BE FOUND IN THE SUB-FORUM UNDER DRAMA AND LIVE ACTION> BL MOVIE REVIEWS

Thanks for everybody's support! Hope to see you all in the new section! Please feel free to comment on reviews there :)