Looking for a shifter series title

Tokochan

Hello lovely people, I hope this is the right place to ask.. I've been trying to remember the titles of a couple of novels I've read a few years ago, unfortunately I only remember some details. I actually just want to know if it's an actual series and there are more than the two I've read.

So, it's a modern day shifter series where the shifters are natives and have fairly long lives. the first MC says he asked a colonial family to purchase some land for him because he couldn't officially do it at the time because of his ethnicity.

A pretty unique trait is that the shifters can have actual conversations with their animals counterparts, and I remember them being really sassy and at times a bit of smartasses.

Another distinct trait is that the human mates become shifters after being claimed, acquiring an animal spirit the same species as their mates. The process starts immediately after the claiming and looks a lot like a violent flu - fever, sickness, general pain for a few days. They also mate off-page in animal form.

If I remember it right the first shifter MC is some kind of big cat, and the second I'm sure is a bird of prey, possibly a hawk. I'm sure about him being a bird because as he is about to claim his mate he explains to him that he does not have fangs to bite his mate and inoculate whatever it is that will make him a shifter, but he can grow claws (talons?) in human form, cut him a little and then bite him. This second couple also have a distinct D/s trait.

I also remember that the tribe (I think they don't call themselves a pack, being all different kind of shifters) has this tradition where if a member dies you won't say their name ever again. The second shifter MC lost a little brother during a buffalo hunt (real foggy here, though) and feels still after many years incredibly guilty about it.

Another thing is the two human MC are friends, and there is a bit of overlap when the first MC calls the second for something but he is indisposed because he just went through his post-claiming process.

These are the most distinctive traits I could remember, even though some of them are pretty foggy because I read the novel at least 2 or 3 years ago. Any help is appreciated, and thank you for reading this long rant of a post! Have a lovely day :)

:Wink:

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tokochan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic