Obligations Go Awry (3ruri x Akiravadel)

akiravadel

Cade kissed the top of Jack's head. His mate's size was just the right fit for them to cuddle in bed where Cade could rest his chin on top of Jack's sweet scented fluffy head of hair. He was dressed on only a pair of cotton lounge pants. The night was warm, but the breeze was cooling, so they let the door to the balcony open instead of using the air conditioner. The air smelled like the ocean, salty, but  thankfully not the fishy kind of smell. They could hear the soft sound of the waves brushing the rocks surrounding the bay. Both of them had enjoyed some time in the afternoon just lazying on the balcony and bask in the sun and view. 

Cade had to give a little thought about Jack's question. He hardly have time to watch movies anymore, and the new ones are full of crap. But there were a select few that he had watched a few times because they were meaningful. "I like inspirational movies, those based on true stories," he replied, recalling some of the titles. "I remember one, it was a little old, from the nineties. You weren't even born yet," he chuckled, realizing that Jack was only born not even twenty years ago. "Do you even know who Michelle Pfeiffer is?" He asked back, wondering if his very young husband knew of the actress. "She was this highschool teacher who had to teach challenging students in a not-so good part of town. I know you asked for a guilty pleasure, but whenever I watch a movie like that, it choked me up and I think it was the only time I would allow myself to be a little emotional." He may or may not had shed a few tears watching the movie, but if Jack wasn't asking, he wasn't going to say it. 

Edited by 3ruri

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• 3ruri

Jack was dressed in cotton shorts and a comfy t-shirt. It was nice to cuddle up with him and just talk about anything. He actually listened so that part made it worth while. Such a caring alpha, he really was falling head over heels for him. Chuckled softly when he asked if he knew who Michelle Pfeiffer was, "of course I know who Buffy the Vampire Slayer is." Then he giggled seeing his reaction. "I'm kidding, I saw her in Scarface and Batman Returns." 

Hearing it got him choked up Jack cooed, "aweee... that's so cute." Leaning up he kissed his cheek. "We'll have to watch it sometime." Grinning up at him he rubbed his hand over his chest. "I cry with everything so it'll be nice to watch something and not be the only one crying." Chuckling softly he sat up a little. This trip had been so much fun. His new life was just starting with Cade and so far it was going rather well. Thankfully they avoided most of Jack's family. Even his heat came and gone no problem. In a way he was a little sad he took the contraceptive pills. Now being Cade's omega and marked by him his body was aching for it. Reaching down he touched his own stomach feeling the ache. 

"I'm having fun don't get me wrong, I'm just curious when we're heading back home?" Jack did miss everyone and the dogs. Jack really was omega through and through, he enjoyed caring for others and making them happy. This was the first vacation he ever took from his own work too so it felt weird. Of course he was having fun and loving this trip but he also couldn't wait to fully be in their life together. 

Cade turned Jack so he lied flat on the bed with Cade's bigger body covering him like a blanket. The alpha scooted down and pushed the fabric covering Jack's stomach and kissed the still flat abdomen. "Our flight out is on Friday." Cade laid his head after brushing butterfly kisses on the exposed skin. "Tomorrow we'll go buy everyone's souvenirs, spend our last night here and we'll fly home the next morning." Cade was almost reluctant to go home where he would have to share Jack with everyone else. Don't get him wrong, he knew Jack was his and his alone, but when they return, he won't be the only person who would spoil the omega. The household staff already adored him. He remembered that his grandfather mentioned something about coming for a visit once they get back from their honeymoon. Then there will be a lot of social events - galas, parties, dinners with a lot of different people - Cade was hoping he could keep his husband all to himself for a little bit more. But then again, it was inevitable. They had been away for almost two weeks and more duties keep piling up the longer they wait. "I'm sure your fans are waiting for an update from your honeymoon as well." He looked up at the younger male and smiled. 

"I know that this is probably not the best time, but the shareholders are throwing a party for us," Cade broke the news. Although he didn't extend many of them the invitation to their wedding, wanting to keep it an intimate family and friends event, many of the people he worked with were sending him well wishes and wanted to celebrate Cade's union to Jack. Most of them were genuine, but there were also people who only did that to stay in his good grace, which Cade found himself uncaring. He knew it was going to be a big, formal party with tuxedos and dresses, champagne and glamour; he was slightly concerned that it might be too much for his mate so early into their marriage. "I hope it's not too much pressure on you?" he queried.