Obligations Go Awry (3ruri x Akiravadel)

akiravadel

"Oh man, you're making me blush now," Cade said to Liam, clearly joking around as well. But Liam was right about both of them got the best out of the deal. Cade couldn't imagine himself with someone other than Jack. "Talk about wedding...do you bring around a plus one this time?" Cade wiggled his eyebrow at his best friend. Now that Cade was settling down, it was Liam's time to be teased for his solo status. Unlike Cade's parents, Liam's were more attentive toward their son. He'd heard about the other alpha that his parents were trying to find him an omega for Liam to marry. So fare Liam managed to put them off, asking for them to let him find one of his own.

Grandfather was already at the head of the table when they gathered there for lunch. "If it weren't for me pushing you to find an omega of your own, you wouldn't end up with sweet Jack here," said grandfather, throwing Cade under the bus. But the fondness he was showing Jack made Cade smiled nonetheless.

"I made the right choice, didn't I? And my Jack is my soulmate, so it was worth the wait."

"Jack is your soulmate? For real?" Liam stared at the two of them, awed. Soulmates were not as rare as people thought they would be, but sometimes people took their partners for granted that the bond became wasted. 

"I believe we are. I'm sure it will become more clearer once we mated. But I don't have a single bone in me that doubt we are one." Pulling Jack closer to him, Cade pressed a kiss on his temple before taking a chair out for his mate to sit down. Grandfather was smiling at the young couple's affection, no doubt reminded him of his beloved late omega, who was also his souldmate.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• 3ruri

Liam cleared his throat again when he asked if he brought a plus one,  "well I had more important things to worry about than bringing someone to the wedding." Then hearing about the soulmate surprised him quiet a bit.  He hadn't expected to hear that.  They seemed to for really well together but that was surprising. 

Smiling to Cade Jack leaned into the kiss closing his eyes.  He loved the affection his to be mate gave him, "I feel the same way. I never thought I'd feel so close or so happy. Especially when we hadn't met in person."

Liam choked on his water them looked at Cade,  "what seriously? Don't tell me you just read his file and hoped for the best?" 

Jack blushed a little realizing maybe he shouldn't have said that,  "whoops."

Liam laughed softly putting a hand on his face,  "makes he feel like I'm over thinking the search."

"Unlike you, I never thought about soulmates before. I don't even think there is a soulmate out there for me," Cade confessed. His hand was holding Jack's under the table, gently stroking the back of the soft hand as he looked sweetly at his mate. "This is fate doing it's work for me and thankfully it wasn't a miss." Truly, he was lucky. Cade though he was only getting a spouse who would be genial with him and he wouldn't mind that. Knowing Jack had made him appreciate having someone who shared the same feelings and being able to do the simplest thing for the person because you want to, and they were your everything.

As they were served with food, a figure entered the room they were in. He was dressed in a simple suit as if he was working in the office and holding a clipboard. His shoulder-length curly hair was tied up in a bun, a sign that he was in working mode. "Oh, Cade. You have arrived. Good to see you sir." He smiled. Merrick Hayes, Cade's assistant greeted him. The young man had been working for a few years and had been a good assistant to him that they were on first-name basis. He was registered as a beta, but Cade sometimes wonder if the other man was hiding sometimes because occasionally, Merrick gave away scents that hinted he was an omega. It was none of Cade's concern because his personal assistant was the most competent person he had ever employed in the last four years since his previous one retired. 

"Merrick, good to see you too," Cade responded. "Meet my fiance, Jack." As always, Cade was eager for people to get to know his wonderful husband-to-be. Merrick had known about Jack, of course, since Merrick had seen the contract, but this was the first time he met Jack in person. 

"Nice to meet you, Jack. I'm Merrick Hayes, Mr. Ambrose's PA. The preparations for the wedding is almost done, I hope you'd find it to your liking." He smiled as he offered his hand to Jack. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Jack smiled to Cade gently squeezing his hand. It was nice to have such a connection with someone even if the start was scary for him he was glad it ended up how it had. Jack started to eat and looked up hearing the voice he'd heard on the phone a couple times. Seeing what he actually looked like now Jack's eyebrows came together a little in concern. Was he an omega? Maybe because Jack was sensitive to that he noticed some subtle things but that didn't mean he wasn't a beta.

Blinking his concern away he smiled and stood to give his hand a firm handshake, "thank you so much for all your help. Everything I've seen has looked amazing. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I honestly don't know much about weddings so I don't know what to really expect." Such a handsome guy as his mates assistant who to Jack seemed to be an omega. It bothered him a little he hated to admit to himself. That meant they had history but Cade didn't seem to look at him that way at all.

Liam sat there a little quiet watching them but mostly interested in Cade's assistant. Over the past few months they'd seen each other a few times and he'd taken a liking to him. Even tried to ask him out but he did such a bad joke trying to hint at taking him somewhere Merrick just assumed Cade had something for him to pick up so he made up something assuming he was avoiding him. Not that Liam wasn't smooth in most cases but when it came to love he was such a romantic sap that usually he stumbled over himself and became his own worst enemy. He liked Cade's assistant and even stroked his beard while watching him talk to Jack. such a handsome beta and normally he wasn't attracted to beta's. There was just something about him that drew him in.

"I'm glad you approved. Grandpa Ambrose planned most of the things, I only make it happen," Merrick said modestly. "I know you have just arrived, but if you have time later, please let me show you what we have done. There are still room for improvement, so I'd like to hear if you have any other suggestion." Cade smiled, his assistant was always the perfectionist. Ever since he had taken over as Cade's PA, a lot of his work became easier and more structural. He came to rely on the younger male a lot. He wondered if Merrick was an omega, maybe he and Jack would be good friends. 

Grandfather cleared his throat at Merrick's comment. "Merrick, you talk nonsense. I am an old man with old taste. You did all the work. Now sit down and have lunch before you collapse," the old alpha said, pointing to the seat beside Liam. "We don't want you collapsing like the other day."

"Grandpa Ambrose, you're not supposed to tell them!"

"Wait, you collapsed? Were you sick?" Cade said, worried about his subordinate being overworked. "I sent you here so you could take time off from your office duty. I know wedding planning isn't exactly easy, but I though you said it would more fun." Cade frowned at the beta. Since Merrick came to work for him, he couldn't help but to worry about him. His feelings were more brotherly than anything else, and since he spent more time with Merrick than other staff, the guy was like a little brother he never had. So when he heard the news, of course Cade was concerned. 

Jack gave a sweet smile to Merrick about getting him involved, "I'll try, I'm afraid I know very little about what should be done." In this case he knew little to nothing about weddings. Just that they had good food, cake and flowers. Also something about vows but even that he wasn't sure on. Jack looked to Cade's grandfather and smiled softly hearing the caring in his voice. The little omega knew he wasn't a beta but he wasn't going to out him here. Maybe ask Cade about it in private on how someone could break away from the system and be able to do  that. He could feel he was a little jealous of him. He liked him of course but couldn't see Merrick since he hid away enjoying the normal omega things.

Liam looked up when he mentioned collapsing, "then sit down and eat something. You can't go working yourself to death." Grabbing the chair next to him he pulled it back and pointed to it. "Sit and eat Merrick." 

Alright now Jack was positive Merrick was and gave him a smile, he was also relieved to realize Liam was interested in him. He'd seen this before with alpha's being around omega's. All the ones he knew before were mated but the reaction was the same. Unless the alpha was cruel they usually reacted this way to an omega out of instinct. Especially caring for one. Liam really cared for him and Merrick was hard to read on how he felt back but it just made Jack smile and want to help them, "come on Merrick. Sit and eat with us." 

Cade knew Merrick would normally make up excuses and leave, but now with three people asking him, Merrick had no way out. "No harm in taking a break, Merrick. The wedding is not until this weekend, so you have plenty of time to work on it," Cade said, wanting his assistant to know that he wasn't going to drive his own staff to exhaustion. 

"W-well, ok. I could eat," the curly-haired male finally took the seat offered by Liam and sat down. Subconsciously, he moved the chair a bit away from the alpha. It wasn't like Liam was a bad guy, but it was normal Merrick's behavior. Aside from Cade, he seemed wary to any other unmated alphas. Cade never asked why, but some alphas in the high society were stuck up, even to betas. Cade had never looked down to people unless they a useless bunch, which probably be the reason why Merrick admired him, but after working as Cade Ambrose's assistant, Merrick should know that he never associated with alphaholes. 

"Grandpa, did you get the thing I asked ready?" Cade looked up from his food and stared at his grandfather who grinned as he looked at his grandson then at his mate.

"Who do you think I am, Cade-boy. Of course it's ready."

"Oh, it's that thing isn't it?" Liam looked at them and grinned as well. Another surprise for Cade's little omega.

Liam was a little sad that he moved away from him again. He always assumed Merrick hated him but because he was Cade's best friend he just dealt with him being there. Although that move sealed the deal for Jack. He needed to talk to him at some point away from the boys but getting away from Cade right now was going to be difficult. Especially with his heat coming. 

Blinking he looked around the table realizing he was the only person out of the loop, "ting? There's a ting?" Blue eyes went from person to person then he pouted. "No one said there'd be a ting." He knew they knew and he whined softly playing it up that they knew something and he didn't. Mostly to tease the alpha and go along with whatever surprise they had planned out for him. "Are ya gonna tell me or am I gonna find out?" 

Liam grinned at Jack, it was adorable seeing him outside his element online he had to admit, "you're so calm in real life it's weird. You've watched his videos Cade? It's surreal to me. Almost like he's a different person."

"Hey whoa I'm just not comfortable yet... I'm really rather nervous meeting new people but once we become friends I dun't shut hup," Jack laid on the thicker accent towards the end like how he talked in his videos. It made Liam laugh. 

Cade chuckled and took Jack's hand to kiss it. "Of course no one tell you anything, or it wouldn't be a surprise," Cade said. He really wanted to surprise Jack with it, so it had to wait until later. "Wait for it a little, so I can give you your surprise properly," he winked and continued to finish his food. 

They chatted for a while during their lunch, but Merrick, on the other hand excused himself as soon as he finished. "I'll come back for the tour at two?" He looked at his boss to confirm. He seemed to be in a hurry to get away from Liam. Cade made a mental note to ask his assistant whether he was uncomfortable around his best friend. He didn't want anybody to be awkward on his and Jack's joyous day.

"Yes, Jack and I should settled by then. Should we all gather at the garden entrance by then?" He suggested. Cade would be able to go through with his surprise during the tour. Liam would tag along, of course, because he needed someone to witness aside from Merrick. Once Merrick was out of the room, Cade rose his eyebrow at his best friend. "Did you do something that might offend my assistant?" He asked straightforwardly. Liam and Merrick had only met each other a handful of times, but there were plenty of chances for anything to happen. 

Liam glanced at Merrick as he left feeling his heart sink more.  None of their interactions really went the way he wanted since he was always shut down or misunderstood. He wasn't just a knothead looking for someone to be with. No. He actually liked him. Looking over at Cade he shook his head,  "not unless you count failing miserably at trying to talk to him."

"Oh,"Jack looked at Cade with a soft smile.  "He likes him."

Liam sputtered and blushed a little then turned to Jack to tell him he was wrong but looking at him only made lama cool falter more,  "damn it... okay I tried to ask him out for coffee a couple weeks ago but he avoided the subject assuming you needed something instead. He's all business. I doubt he's even interested." Although this was the first person Liam tried to ever ask out, they always came to him and he agreed but he never liked any of them. Cade would probably know about that. "It's not about us though. We'll get along fine for the wedding,  let's just worry about you two."

Cade exchanged looks with Jack and grinned. "I don't mind you going out with my PA, as long as he consented to it. And it's not really my business, but he's a beta," Cade told Liam what he already knew. "nothing wrong with that, of course, but your parents had been bugging you about finding an omega. So it would be quite a challenge there." Cade took a sip of his drink, waiting to hear Liam's thoughts. He knew Liam wasn't one to discriminate, but his best friend wasn't one to disappoint his family and going out with a beta might cause a little bit of stir in the Herrin's household.

"It wouldn't be a problem if he's your soulmate," grandfather chipped in. He had known Merrick since the young beta started working with Cade, so he liked the young fella more and more. And he also approved the sort of man Liam was, so if the two got together, grandfather would surely support them.

"But grandpa, that's almost impossible. It could happen, but and alpha-beta pair is even more rare than alpha-omega pair." Cade didn't care much about soulmates before, but he understood the wonders of having one now that he had found his. "Anyway, Merrick is a bit of a private person. Maybe you should be his friend first before asking him out. Once he thinks you're not just trying to get into his pants, maybe he'll consider your invitation." 

"I think me coming home with a beta might actually piss off my parents," Liam sighed, he knew they were supportive but they weren't that supportive. "My mother would actually be the problem in this case... he would be very disappointed." Liam's father was an alpha and his mother was a male omega, so he was certainly no stranger to the omega idea. 

"I don't know about soulmate..." Liam stared then thought about it for a moment. "Although he's the first person I've ever tried to ask out..." Stroking his beard he pondered that for a moment wondering if there was something to do with that. "Then why would he keep running away?"

Jack wanted to say it but he didn't want to out Merrick at a table full of alpha's like that. Especially if he was such a private person and these were people he knew, "try helping him... and maybe bring him a water or snack or something." 

Liam nodded his head, "I'll give it a try." They finished up lunch to begin the tour, Liam was ready to go and excited for Jack's surprise. 

After lunch, they retreated to the bedroom for a short rest. The car trip wasn't that long, but Cade would like to stretch a bit on the big bed of the suite that was prepared for them. Initially he had thought to have separate rooms with Jack, but seeing how his mate's heat was close, he knew it would be unbearable. He had also contacted the family doctor about the suppressant. They will delivered in the late afternoon. Cade had also gotten the surprise that he had asked his grandfather to prepare. Until it was time for the tour, he will keep it a guarded secret.

"Are you ready to check out the wedding venue?" Cade put his arms around Jack as they stood on the balcony of their room. It was facing the back of the mansion, where they could see the vastness of the land and the lake beyond that. "What do you think of Ambrose Hall? DO you like it?" The alpha planted a kiss on his omega's neck. He knew he had been making all the arrangements for the wedding, so he was really hoping that Jack would be happy.

When it was almost two, they headed downstairs and exited to the garden entrance. Merrick and Liam was already there and Merrick was busying himself with the clipboard in his hand and ignoring Liam as much as he could without appearing to be rude. He was talking to grandfather rather naturally, who wanted to join the tour as well. The old man probably didn't want to miss Cade's surprise.

Jack was pretty attached to Cade's hip when they went to their room to relax for a moment. Jack took the moment to stretch and do a few jumping jacks just to loosen up a bit. He checked his posts to make sure everything was going good then joined his alpha on the balcony. Giving a little gasp to the kiss on his neck, "hm... it's really nice here. I like the quiet and how pretty it is. This is beyond anything I could've imagined Cade. This is amazing."

Turning to kiss him softly he had to stop himself otherwise they'd be in a mess again, "everything's wonderful." He smiled up to his mate feeling just so happy but also so much desire bubbling under the surface. He had to behave though, just until the suppressants got there.

Liam tried to talk to him a couple times but sighed and gave up to talk to Cade's grandfather. He tried getting something out of Merrick but he was determined to not really respond, "my family will be here tomorrow so expect 5 younger siblings to be running about. Little Carol just turned 4. She's so cute." Pulling out his phone he turned to show them a picture of him holding her as they played in a pool. He was grinning from ear to ear. "I love her... I haven't seen them in a month." He sighed putting his phone back in his pocket. He loved his family very much, they were super close. Without realizing it they might be a good thing for Merrick to see to show he wasn't just an idiot alpha. "My little brother Malcom turned 14 a couple months ago and he swears he knows everything about the world already. Just the other day I had to chase off some alpha's from showing up at my parents house." In his house the 14 year old and the 25 year old were both omegas. Although his 25 year old sibling was already married and started their own family. 

Merrick pretended like he didn't care, but he thought Liam was adorable with his siblings. He needed to keep it together through the wedding so that his real identity would show. He didn't want to lead Liam on when he couldn't even be true to himself. That wasn't fair and no alpha would want a beta. Liam seemed to love kids and he should be paired with an omega who would be able to provide him a big family like his own. Merrick had been alone for quite sometime. He was used to be independent and didn't plan to tie himself to a restrictive alpha, not that he thought Liam was one. Better to be safe than sorry.

"Merrick, you've outdone yourself," Cade praised his assistant as they arrived at the venue. The flower arrangements were not done yet, but the garden was already abundance in its existing floras. The arches were up, so the climbing plants already surround them, making a lovely shade above.

This was the perfect place for his surprise, Cade thought. While Jack was distracted with the landscape, Cade took out the velvet box that he had hidden in his jacket and went on one knee. Once Jack noticed his position, Cade opened the box and said, "Sean McLoughlin, I know you already agreed to be my omega and husband, but I would like to ask you formally, will you marry me?"

The idea came to Cade days ago when he was staring into Jack's eyes. The blue reminded him of his omega grandfather's engagement ring, the one that his alpha grandfather had given to his mate when he courted him. It was an heirloom, passed through generations in their family and Cade had asked his grandfather if he could give it to jack. Cade felt bad that Jack had came to him through a contract, so the alpha thought he should do things right by proposing to his mate, to show that he really was sincere in taking him in holy matrimony. His grandfather had approved of his choice, and willingly assisted Cade in resizing the ring to fit Jack's finger.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Liam smiled looking around at all the pretty arrangements, "this is amazing. Seriously let me know if you need a hand. I want to hep with Cade's big day too." He gently bumped him with his elbow and smiled to him. He knew what was coming and was honestly so excited. Watching from a ways away he slipped his hands into his pockets. "I'm so glad he's so happy."

Jack turned around to face him his eyes going a little bit, "you..." Why was he getting so emotional?! Of course they were getting married but the fact he went out of his way to do this? Sniffling he nodded his head, "y-yes, yes I'll marry you." Throwing his arms around him he felt so thankful and so happy to be with Cade. He was such a sweet alpha and such an amazing person. "Yes Cade! Yes!" Kissing all over his face he didn't know the others were watching him but he also didn't care. Showering his alpha with love he giggled tears streaming down his face. 

Liam snapped a few pictures on his phone and some video wanting to get the moment on camera for them. He tried to hide wiping his eyes like he just had a scratch when in reality he was wiping away a tear he was so happy for his friend. Sentimental alpha. He loved his family but honestly got his fill of them and enjoyed handing them back. He maybe wanted one but he was more interested in finding someone to care for and love. 

Merrick took the wedding planning seriously because he respected Cade and he wanted to do the best for his boss. He was glad that Liam wanted the same too, not that he would say it out right. When his boss knelt down and proposed to his already confirmed fiance, a twinge of jealousy crept into his heart. It wasn't because he had feeling for Cade, no, it was more because deep down, he wanted someone to love him like Cade obviously felt for his omega. 

"Are you crying, Mr. Herrin?" Merrick was comically surprised at his boss' best friend's reaction. He hardly ever saw any alpha that got sentimental over things like that.

"I'm not, grandpa is," Liam deflected.

"Oh, shut it you two, my grandson is getting married!" Grandpa chipped in.

It was rather comical, the two alphas crying over something like a proposal. Sure it was nice and sappy and lovely, but they already knew Cade was getting married, so there was no surprise there. Alphas are weird sometimes, Merrick concluded. 

After sliding the heirloom sapphire ring onto Jack's finger, Cade stood up and lifted Jack off the ground. He twirled the omega and kissed him, as cliche as it sounded. It had been bugging him that Jack had been his fiance for a week but there was no ring on his finger, so now Cade wanted to show everyone that Jack wore his ring, one that was passed in his family. 

"Merrick, I think what you've done is splendid. I can't wait to marry my sweet Jack," he said, smiling. Cade wonder if he could just get married tomorrow, wanting to make Jack his husband as soon as he can. 

"i know what you're thinking boss. We still need to get a few things settled. The cake would only arrive on the morning of your wedding. The suits will be delivered the day after tomorrow. So no sudden change on the wedding day or I swear you'd be going to your honeymoon with a black eye," Merrick threatened. He was just joking with his superior, of course, but he had done his best to ensure Cade and Jack's wedding a magnificent one, so he won't appreciate sudden changes like that just because Cade can't wait.

Edited by 3ruri

Jack giggled wrapping his arms around his alpha's waist holding him close. He was just so happy to be officially asked by his mate to marry him. Grinning from ear to ear he hugged him close and nuzzled under his chin before he realized the others were there. Blushing a little he looked over as Liam snapped another cute picture of them, "I can't wait either."

Liam smiled at Merrick's spunk liking that he had an attitude, "ohhhh Cade Merrick will mess you up if you mess up the planning." He chuckled as he looked at Merrick. "I love that spunky attitude that's great."

Jack giggled looking up at his mate gently kissing his eyes, "I'll nurse your eye back to health, but probably not a good idea to cross him." He leaned up to gently kiss his mates cheek with a big smile. Looking back down at his hand the ring was amazing. He'd have to share some pictures later about it. For now this was a nice little moment for them to share. "You're such a hidden romantic." His mate was always so serious outside of being with him so it was sweet seeing this whole other side of him. 

Honestly he couldn't wait till the end of the week and finally marry him. The other thing was he was so happy right now he wanted to push him into the bushes and take advantage of him. Not that he ever could, his mate wanted him just as much as he did. At this point he also wanted the wedding sooner but knew they had to wait. Maybe it was also the pull of being a fated pair pushing him to want this sooner. 

Years working for Cade had made Merrick more comfortable joking with him, which amused Cade. Sometimes he thought Merrick was a little too serious for his age so hearing the comment, Cade grinned. “Please spare me. I don’t want to be all black and blue in my wedding picture,” he returned the joke. Merrick, although welcomed the feedback from Cade, was a little sheepish at Liam’s remark. He felt bad at dismissing the alpha all the times, but the young assistant was afraid what Liam would find out if they got too close. 

“Well everyone, I would like to show my fiancé the mansion. So Merrick, keep up the good work and please don’t forget to take a break,” Cade warned him with a raised brow. “Liam, I trust you as my best man to help my assistant for this wedding, I’m counting on you, man.” The alpha slapped his friend’s shoulder good naturedly. Then, he turned to his grandfather and gestured the way back indoor. “Come on old man. We can catch up inside. I’m sure Jack would love to hear your stories.”

”Like the time you lost your way after dark and almost peed your pants when I found you?” Grandpa said, teasing Cade in front of people who were close to him.

”I did no such thing. Maybe this isn’t a good idea. Jack, whatever the old man tells you, he’s lying.” Cade quickly came up with a disclaimer, not wanting the embarrassing stories about his childhood destroy his charismatic alpha image.

Liam saw what Cade was doing for him basically giving him an order so his assistant couldn't run away from him now, "I'll be your assistants, assistant. I'll make sure he eats and has everything he needs." Sliding his hands into his pockets he smirked over at Merrick. "Hear that? I gotta take care of you now. You're my responsibility to help with this wedding." He winked at him.

Jack's eyes lit up about hearing stories about his alpha who tried to be cool for him, "ohhhh.... the realll dirt on ya." Giggling softly he looked to his grandfather. "Oh do tell, I feel like maybe I'll get the real story from you." This time he stepped over to his grandfather wrapping his arm around his to lean in but he spoke normally so Cade would hear him teasing his alpha a bit as he spoke to his grandfather. "Cade likes to show off to me, my silly alpha."

Liam burst out laughing watching his friend omega and celebrity give Cade a hard time, "oh damn, Cade you're going to have your hands full." He knew Jack from the videos but seeing him in real life with Cade was a whole other treat. 

Leaving his best friend and his assistant to continue working - working things out, that is -, Cade walked Jack towards the mansion and chatted with his grandfather. The old man was happily sharing the history of the mansion and how he moved there with his omega after he retired from the companies and handed over to Cade's father and his brothers. "My omega and I have fours sons, alphas," grandfather said with a sigh. "You know alphas. They're too hot headed and always clash. My darling mate, may his soul rest in peace, had always wanted an omega child. He thinks it would be good for the boys." It was alpha nature to protect the omegas, so if they ever had an omega child in the family, the four alpha sons would be more nurturing towards the omega sibling. "But since we didn't have any, my darling always kept the boys in line. He handled all household matters while I was away working. He was such a strong omega." There was pride in grandfather's voice when he talked about Cade's omega grandfather. It had been six years since he passed and grandfather missed him everyday.

"Jack will handle my household too, grandpa. From what I see, the staff adore him," Cade said, so the focus would be more on Jack than his omega grandfather. "Old man Jeremy has taking a liking on him, teaching his all the secrets of the household," Cade winked. Even though his butler didn't talk much, he knew the old man had been showing Jack some ropes in the house. 

Grandfather looked at the young omega and smiled. "I'm sure you'll do excellent, young man. You made Cade into this loving man, I have no doubt you can do everything else." He patted Jack's shoulder lightly. "And I like your accent. Those idiots in the elite society would give you hard time for it, but screw them all. They're all close-minded, pretentious stuck ups. If they ever being hard to you, you kick those pompous buttocks from wherever you are back to hell!" Said grandfather, huffing at about the people he knew in the elite circles. He had lived for a long time, so he knew how stupid people could be just because something didn't follow the norm.

Jack walked along with him smiling softly as they went.  Such a sweet alpha he obviously loved good omega very much.  Maybe this whole family seemed to be more loving than how Jack was told alpha's were. Common misconception about who was actually in charge in the hierarchy, but that was research for another day, "yes,  Jeremy had taught me a lot so far.  It's not as complicated as I thought,  really just maintenance."

When he went on about his accent Jack busted out laughing.  It was such a joyful boy laugh he had,  "if I wasn't marryin' yer grandson I'd ask ya ta adopt me." Grinning widely at him those fired up blue eyes looked at his grandfather with that Irish fire he'd been showing Cade.  Now not worried about him seeing it.  "It'll take a lot more than pickin' on me accent to stop me lads! They won't know what hit 'em."

Both Cade and grandfather burst out laughing. Jack was really a gem. They had never met a fiery omega like him and Cade was glad that his grandfather approve. They walked along the hallway where the portraits of the Ambroses were up. "That's my omega grandfather," Cade said as they stood in front of a portrait of a beautiful omega. Cade actually inherited his amber eyes from him since his alpha grandfather had grey eyes. 

"A beauty isn't he?" grandfather said with pride. The portrait was of an omega around early twenties with a baby on his lap. "That is Cade's father, our firstborn. My darling mate had a difficult first pregnancy, but once our first son was born, he was so happy and his health even improved. I had this portrait of them drawn to commemorate what a fighter he was," said grandfather, his hand trailed over the surface of the portrait. 

Cade put his hand on his grandfather in a soothing gesture. "He is always a fighter, grandpa. I'm so proud of him."

"That's why I think Cade giving you that ring was the best thing," grandfather turned to Jack. "I think you would make my darling mate proud and be the best omega for Cade. I haven't seen anyone like you mated to my sons, but I have hope for my first grandson."

Jack smiled as he looked up at the portrait.  Such a beautiful omega,  lovely in all ways.  Jack often wondered if he was ever looked at as beautiful or handsome? He really did ride a thin line between the two stone the moment he opened his mouth it gave him a more rugged feel,  "he's lovely. "

Thinking about having a child made him realize his heart was just around the corner.  He didn't want to have one right away and omegas didn't usually take to their first heat together.  Usually it was a dud. Aortic the first pregnancy was common to be hard on omegas but after that it was usually smooth sailing. 

"Oh they'll be running around giving Cade a hard time no doubt," Jack unconsciously touched his stomach,  the heat making him want to carry his to be mates child.  The desire was already there making him ache. "I just wonder if they'll pick up me accent." 

Cade smiled at Jack's reaction. He knew he would never force him to carry his children if he didn't want, but if Jack wanted to have children with him in the future, Cade would definitely dote on them. He wanted at least two, since he was an only child. He didn't want them to grow up lonely the way he did without siblings, but everything is up to Jack since he was the one who would be carrying them. That was a topic for the future, though. First thing first was to get tied up as husbands and mates.

A couple of days later, the suits came. Cade had told him the color schemed he had chosen for his wedding attire, so Cade decided to go with something that would complement that rather than go through with the Navy suit he initially planned. That one he could use for other functions in the future. The cake sample was also sent to the mansion. Although it was already too late to change the order, Merrick wanted Jack and Cade to at least approve to the taste. If they both didn't like it, it wasn't really a hardship to get a new one at double the cost. It wasn't like Cade couldn't afford it.

"I like the lemon cheese, not too sweet," Cade commented on the flavor of the cake. There would be three tiers, the first was lemon cheese, the second was classic chocolate and the last one was salted caramel. "Which one is your favorite?" He asked Jack. He hoped his future husband would at least like one of the flavors.