Ryuu_L

The Christmas Chronicles

Short story title: Noel's Diary

Word count: 600 words

animation christmas GIF by Gentleman Scholar

Spoiler

21st December

7.56 A.M

Came in to work this morning and found Mr. Hartford cussing at the coffee machine. He couldn’t get it to work and he needed his coffee. It turned out that the machine was unplugged. We had a good laugh and Mr. Hartford patted my shoulder. I died.

22nd December

8.16 A.M

Holly, Mr. Hartford’s assistant, was busy, so I brought coffee for him instead. I’ve memorised how he took his coffee. After all, I’ve been working at the firm for two years and it wasn’t so hard to remember black coffee. He said I was a lifesaver. It’s a good thing because he had a killer smile.

Select option: Self-revive.

23rd December

1.52 P.M

I came in from lunch and the office was abuzz. Holly looked at me with pity as she told me Mr. Hartford was seeing a guest in his office. A special kind of guest that he introduced to all the other partners. I told her it was great news. Mr. Hartford is handsome, young and successful, so of course he already has someone. Why would he pay attention to a mere receptionist like me?

24th December

8.09 P.M

Noel told himself he should have stayed home but Holly insisted he come to the office party at the hotel. It wasn’t like he was anyone important. Sure, everyone liked him. He was a friendly receptionist but he wasn’t in a merry mood tonight.

“There you are.” The ballroom doors opened and Colton Hartford himself stepped out into the hallway. “I was worried you couldn’t make it.”

“I was just going to greet everyone and take my leave. You look good, Mr. Hartford,” he said, unable to stop himself from being truthful.

“You’re not so bad yourself.” The older man extended his hand to Noel. “Would you dance with me?”

Mesmerized, Noel took the offered hand even though he knew he should turn it down. Inside, Colton led him to the middle of the dancefloor, jazzy Christmas music accompanied their move.

“W-where is your date, Mr. Hartford?” Noel stuttered his question.

“I came alone. I wanted to ask you to be my date yesterday, but I was busy in a meeting with the partners and representative from our affiliate firm. When I got out, you've gone home."

Noel took longer to notice what Colton had said and when he did, his head snapped up to look into the taller man's eyes. "Me? Your date? But the lady in your office yesterday… isn't she your significant other?"

Colton's laughter turned heads towards them. "So that's the gossip circulating in the office yesterday? She is the representative I was talking about, and she's also my sister-in-law." He explained and pulled Noel's body closer. "Is that why you look upset?" 

"N-no. Why would I be upset? Your personal life is not my business."

"You're such a terrible liar. I’m a good lawyer, you know. It's not working on me."

Noel sighed and stopped dancing. "I'm not lying, Mr. Hartford. I'm just a receptionist. Who am I to interfere in your affairs?"

"Not even if I want to make you my personal affair?"

"What?"

"Noel, look above us." Colton instructed.

Noel looked up and saw a sprig of mistletoe hung from the ceiling. When he returned his view to Colton, their lips met in a sweet kiss. The whole ballroom cheered and applauded. 

"I hope that won't land me in a lawsuit." Colton chuckled, looking at a surprised Noel. "Noel, you're all I ever want. Make my wish come true this Christmas?"

25th December

9.02 A.M

Happy Noel.

- The End - 

Agencylife Betteragency GIF by Kochstrasse™ cat love GIF by dasherzallerliebste

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas Chronicles: Traditions
Emoticons Christmas (140) word count: 553

“I’m telling you, Secret Santa is an awfully bad idea. And I got stuck with Thomas out of all people.” Derek was saying in between brushing his teeth.
“I am so tired of hearing you complain. Just buy a bloody present and get over with it.”
“Will you help me?” Derek asked as he put his toothbrush away.
“My dear, of course not.”

Back in the bedroom, Derek scoffed seeing that Noah didn’t even bother putting down the book he’d been reading. “I don’t know what to get him. He’s new and he’ll be gone after the holidays anyway.”
“So? You have access to his file, I’m sure there are a few personal things in there. Maybe he likes bowling or something.”
“Are you suggesting getting him a bowling pin?”
Noah finally looked up at him. “And put it on a keychain, sure.”
Derek scoffed again. “He must have a Facebook profile.”
“You don’t even know where to find Facebook.”
“That’s why I need your help.” Derek said exasperated. “Please!” Out of all the issues he thought he’d face as a new manager at his job, buying a Christmas present was not one of them. Noah rolled his eyes and grabbed his phone. Derek almost sighed in relief. “Thomas Perkins.” He said as he climbed in bed next to Noah.
“Oh, he’s cute. Why didn’t you tell me he’s cute? I would have helped you sooner.”
Noah scrolled on Thomas’ profile for a while, under Derek’s anxious gaze. He felt ridiculous, it was just a present, it didn’t matter what. It was supposed to be something tiny, not too expensive, it didn’t even have to be functional. He could grab a cup from somewhere on his way to work and call it a day. But that felt wrong.
“He likes Pokémon. Great, you can get him a Pikachu plush or some badges.” Noah said, turning to face Derek. “What kind of a rock are you living under?” He asked when it became obvious Derek didn’t know what he was talking about. “I’ll just order something.” After more scrolling, “And you have to invite him to the party on Christmas if he doesn’t have any plans, he’ll fit right in with our other guests.”

On the last day of work before Christmas, Derek texted Noah to let him know that his choice of present, a set of eight badges that Derek had no idea why anyone would want, was a success. Thomas seemed so happy about it he almost gave himself away as Secret Santa. But those were not the only good news, Thomas also accepted the invitation. It was awkward to ask given the nature of the gathering, but once Derek explained it to him, Thomas agreed very quickly. Of course, Noah said he would, he had a real talent at picking them up and hadn’t made a wrong call since three years ago when he started their little kinky Christmas tradition.

Derek mingled with their guests on the night of the party while Noah made sure everyone was feeling comfortable.
“Welcome! Nice meeting you. Before you come in, the house rules are: make sure you ask for consent, and use protection.” Derek heard Noah saying as he showed a grinning Thomas in. He could already feel the Christmas spirit filling him up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Holidays everyone! 

Since it's the holidays and I have some free time, I decided to share another short story. Of course, I have no intention to claim double points. It was done only to spread the Christmas cheer. Enjoy the extra!

black and white loop GIF by bigblueboo

Spoiler

Christmas Eve

“Please, please, please tell me your grandson Nicholas Claus III isn’t the one taking over for Christmas?” Alfie the elf half whined – half begged Santa.

Earlier that morning, Santa had fall down while shoveling the snow outside like Alfie said he would. Now he was bed-ridden and had to call for his replacement to deliver the presents.

The door opened and a tall figure entered with a smug grin. “Of course grampy would call me. I’m the best Santa’s replacement ever.” The young, handsome and also Alfie’s arch-nemesis strode towards the bed and gave Mrs. Claus a kiss on the cheek and a friendly slap on his grandfather’s shoulder.

“You behave, Nicky. The last thing I need is my assistant and my successor getting into a fight and crash the sleigh – again. You’re lucky that thing is magic, or I'd make you both jump while you’re flying.” Santa grumbled and winced as his back muscle pulled.

“Don’t you worry a thing, grampy. Elfie and I will do just fine. Won’t we, Elfie?”

“It’s Alfie!” The elf growled.

“Whoops! He doesn’t need to be muzzled, does he?”

“Oh, get along you two. Your grampy needs a rest.” Mrs. Claus shushed them.

“Allright, grammy. See you in the morning.”

Midnight

With ease, Nicholas climbed out the chimney and hauled the gift sack back onto the sleigh where Alfie was waiting with the list of addresses.

“That was fast,” Alfie eyed Nick suspiciously. “Did you eat the cookies and drink the milk they left out?”

“Baby, this body doesn’t happen by itself.” Nick gestured to his torso. “Do you think I’d be able to keep my six-packs if I eat millions of cookies and drink gallons of milk in one night?”

“You don’t have to eat all, you idiot, just a bite and a sip!”

“Chill, dude. I broke the cookies into half and put them in a pouch. Here.” He threw said pouch for Alfie to catch. “I wonder if that short fuse of yours is a result of your height.”

Alfie turned red. He was just a little over five feet. Everyone else was taller than him, and Nick was a tower in comparison. He wanted to retort but decided to clam up. He wasn’t going to end up on the naughty list like the last time he worked with Nick, even when it was unlikely that Santa would get him what he wished for.

Dawn of Christmas

After the last house, Nick steered the reindeer back towards the still-dark sky. Alfie was humming a cheerful Christmas tune as he ticked off all the names on the list.

“Someone’s happy,” Nick said, hands tight on the reins.

“Mission accomplished. I get to go home and celebrate.”

“Hmm…hoping to find a Mr. tall, hot and funny under your Christmas tree?”

Alfie gasped. “You did not!”

“Oh, I did.” Nick grinned and waved a piece of paper – one Alfie had written his Christmas wish on.

“Give it back!” Alfie reached over and tried to grab it.

“Nu-uh, not until you admit it.

“Admit what?”

“Admit that you wished for me.”

“I absolutely did not!”

Nick began reading, “Dear Santa, I have been a really, really, good elf –“

“Okay, okay!”

“Well?”

Alfie huffed. “I hate you.”

“Come on, you don’t want to find coals in your socks, do you?”

“Fine!” Alfie snapped and mumbled under his breath.

“What was that?”

“I said I wish you’d stop being a jerk and kiss me sometimes!”

“I heard ya, baby. I’m all yours.”

“Even when I’m naughty?”

“I especially love it when you’re naughty.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay…Merry Christmas.”

“Ho, ho, ho.”

The End

christmas love GIF by Molang.Official

• Haha 2

Here is my entry!

ONE DAY

Spoiler

Dunkin Donuts Coffee GIF by DAM

The bell above the entrance door rang and from one of the tables at the back of the coffee shop I watched him enter with his cute little nose all rosy from the cold outside. He removed his scarf and approached the counter waiting a bit to place his order, a few minutes later his name was called and he retrieved his white chocolate mocha latte and asked for extra cinnamon on top. A smile formed in my lips at the sight of him enjoying his first sip, he closed his eyes briefly and hummed in pleasure. I made some notations on my log and checked my clock, it was almost time for his classes to start, and he would get there barely on time if he hurried along. After a beat, he seemed to realize the same thing because he glanced at his phone, hurriedly put his scarf back on and almost ran out of the place. I let a few minutes pass by and gathered my belongings. As I walked outside I saw him turn the corner a block ahead and leave my sight, I turned for the shortcut across the street and went my own way to work. Once seated in my office I logged to my computer and revised the campus security footage. He had made it on time to catch his TA on the corridor already finished handing out the practice sheets for the midterm to the seated students. A ringing sounded in the corner of the monitor that alerted me of movement on the outside of his apartment, I changed the footage to the one at his home and found his sister juggling several boxes and the keys to the door. I was tempted to buzz her in but I knew better, I observed and finally she managed to successfully enter without an incident. Five minutes later her girlfriend entered carrying a christmas tree that they proceeded to decorate with the items inside some of the boxes from before. So, this was a holiday surprise for my ever forgetful darling to bring the seasonal cheer to his apartment. I approve! I went online and ordered an assortment of treats and snacks for him to nibble on while he graded some papers at home, cozy in bed. I made it through some meetings the rest of the day and just before leaving, I checked his location on my app. He was at the grocery, which left me about an hour to get back. I picked up my takeout and headed home. I took the stairs and bumped into him leaving the lift. He smiled at me and I proceeded as usual:

Hi sweetie, want to grab a bite? I brought your favorites!

:8onion73:

Stay safe!

• Like 3

• Key locked this topic