Your ultimate hurt/healing/comfort M/M Novels

Alter-thea

Hi all, 

I was wondering what was everyone's recommended M/M hurt/comfort romance novels? I have a soft spot for angst, trauma and characters that are going through difficult things, but ultimately (of course) finding love and light and hope.

I'm pretty sure I've read them all, but I really do hope someone happens to mention one I have not read before. 

Here are some of mine, in no particular order, and I highly recommend other works by all these authors!

Rattlesnake - Kim Fielding

When All the World Sleeps - Lisa Henry 

In the Absence of Light - Adrienne Wilder

Drawn In - Barbara Elsborg 

I love angst with a happy ending. My all time favourite is A Matter of Time (series) by Marie Calmes. So far nothing has topped this yet. But I think the hurt/comfort part only happens in book 1&2. Other than that, maybe you could try Bedknobs and Broomsticks series by Josh Lanyon

• Like 1

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
 Yes, I've read that, and A Change of Heart (along with others) by Mary Calmes. I don't think she's angsty enough for me lol

And yes I've read Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but only the first book so far....I guess I should continue to give the series a try and read book 2 :) Thanks for reminding me.

I agree. She's more towards conquering obstacles towards the happy ending. But I just hate breakups in books. No one wants to see the main pairing breaks up.

I think I cried while reading Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Josh Lanyon is not really my fav author, but he was pulling at my heartstrings with this series. I would like to suggest Stranger on the Shore by him as well, but its not so much about hurt/comfort...I think it's leaning towards regret...hmmm is that even a genre? Sorry for not helping much :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 2:03 PM, Alter-thea said:

Hi all, 

I was wondering what was everyone's recommended M/M hurt/comfort romance novels? I have a soft spot for angst, trauma and characters that are going through difficult things, but ultimately (of course) finding love and light and hope.

I'm pretty sure I've read them all, but I really do hope someone happens to mention one I have not read before. 

Here are some of mine, in no particular order, and I highly recommend other works by all these authors!

Rattlesnake - Kim Fielding

When All the World Sleeps - Lisa Henry 

In the Absence of Light - Adrienne Wilder

Drawn In - Barbara Elsborg 

rattlesnake is one of my favorite and i adore In the absence of light.  so im going to look up the other two on your list.

if you haven't read this maybe you can give it a try :

Arrows to archer by Nash Summer

Love me Whole by Nicky James

Latakia by J.F. Smith

Thrown of the ice by Taylor Fitzpatrick

let me know if you like it. i can give you more from my list :)

• Like 1

I do hope you like it, there is also Edge of Forever and Give yourself away to begin diving into Barbara Elsborg, to see if she's your kind of writer.

Thank you so much for your recommend, there's a lot on that list I haven't heard of before, so I'm super excited! Will be sure to ask for more when I get through the first one :) thanks again!