Better Late Than Never (Hello!)

3ruri

Belated hello to everyone! I actually signed up three years ago when I was still actively following Yaoi and BL fandoms (thus my username).

Anyway, I kind of have retired from the anime/manga fandoms and leaning more towards m/m English novels now. In the past 3 years I have read many wonderful books that are shared here. I'm a sucker for angst with happy endings, but rom-coms are good too. If you have any good book suggestions, let me know!

Hope to get to know more people here!

Hello,

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
! Belated welcome, haha. 

What's the origin of your username? I can't figure it out. 

6 hours ago, 3ruri said:

If you have any good book suggestions, let me know!

Oh my. Here are some I really liked: In the Absence of Light and Wild, both by Adrienne Wilder, 3 by Jacob Z Flores, Jack of Hearts by Lev A.C. Rosen, Misfits series by Garrett Leigh, The Psychopath by Louise Collins. Just to name a few. I recommend them all if you didn't have the chance to read them yet. xD 

Hi

!

Welcome to YO, I hope you have a great time and lots of fun!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

This is fun:

https://www.yaoiotaku.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2020_10/small.874663431_okane1.jpg.bc55a6e542d620d615f9c3097b178cc3.jpg

Stay Safe!

8 hours ago, Kujaku said:

Hello,

! Belated welcome, haha. 

What's the origin of your username? I can't figure it out. 

Oh my. Here are some I really liked: In the Absence of Light and Wild, both by Adrienne Wilder, 3 by Jacob Z Flores, Jack of Hearts by Lev A.C. Rosen, Misfits series by Garrett Leigh, The Psychopath by Louise Collins. Just to name a few. I recommend them all if you didn't have the chance to read them yet. xD 

Hello and thanks

My username is the shipname for Erwin and Levi from Attack of Titan - Eruri

Oh! I've actually downloaded Absence of light, but didn't quite finish reading it. I'll check out the rest as well. Thanks for your suggestion! My all time fav series so far is A Matter of Time by Mary Calmes. Have you read it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 2:18 AM, 3ruri said:

My username is the shipname for Erwin and Levi from Attack of Titan - Eruri

Ohhh, silly me, I kept reading it as 'three-ruri' >.< Yeah, makes a lot of sense now. 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:18 AM, 3ruri said:

My all time fav series so far is A Matter of Time by Mary Calmes. Have you read it?

I did not, but I was so close to recommend you the Marshals series by Mary Calmes. I think the characters from A Matter Of Time appear in Marshals too. xD I really liked that one. Did you read it? 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kujaku said:

Ohhh, silly me, I kept reading it as 'three-ruri' >.< Yeah, makes a lot of sense now. 

Lol, not just you, even I sometimes read it as "san-ruri". I wanna put Eruri but the username is unavailable, so I had to compromise.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kujaku said:

I did not, but I was so close to recommend you the Marshals series by Mary Calmes. I think the characters from A Matter Of Time appear in Marshals too. xD I really liked that one. Did you read it? 

Yes, indeed. I think the Marshals series come after A Matter of Time because in the Marshals series Sam from A matter of time is already their boss, And Sam became a Marshal after book 5, if I recall correctly...And I have read it halfway but  I was hoping their dynamic is reversed, so I'm kinda disappointed? Nice of you to suggest though. I've read almost all of Mary Calmes' books. She has new ones but His Prince is the latest book of hers that I've read. Have you checked out that one?

Hello
! Nice to meet you and a belated welcome to the Yaoi Otaku community. My name is Paul and I wish you a happy time on this Forum.
:)

Welcome-to-Yaoi-Otaku.jpg

On 11/9/2020 at 12:55 AM, 3ruri said:

Yes, indeed. I think the Marshals series come after A Matter of Time because in the Marshals series Sam from A matter of time is already their boss, And Sam became a Marshal after book 5, if I recall correctly...And I have read it halfway but  I was hoping their dynamic is reversed, so I'm kinda disappointed? Nice of you to suggest though. I've read almost all of Mary Calmes' books. She has new ones but His Prince is the latest book of hers that I've read. Have you checked out that one?

Possibly, I have no idea. To be completely honest I was a bit unsatisfied by the ending of Marshals so I didn't want to read anything else by Mary Calmes. I looked into His Prince, tho, but that's a pass for me, not exactly my type of plot. xD I also just downloaded some novels that I want to get into first, before looking for something else. xD 

10 minutes ago, Kujaku said:

Possibly, I have no idea. To be completely honest I was a bit unsatisfied by the ending of Marshals so I didn't want to read anything else by Mary Calmes. I looked into His Prince, tho, but that's a pass for me, not exactly my type of plot. xD I also just downloaded some novels that I want to get into first, before looking for something else. xD 

I have absolutely no idea how Marshals ended. I skipped through in case there are mentions of Sam and Jory. But I get what you mean, some of Mary Calmes' books could be a little frustrating and make me drop it halfway but I think nothing else she wrote could top A Matter of Time

I've been downloading and reading books non-stop and wrecked my iphone's touch screen...Guess I have to download PDF and read on my laptop now :msn_red_fox_smilies-13:

• Haha 1