OCTOBER 2020 | A ghost believer_SPOOOOKY time

Ryuu_L

• 2 weeks later...

Soo...I wrote a drabble for my entry...I hope it counts

Theme: A Ghost Believer

Word count: 600 words

Spoiler

“Sage…wormwood…monkshood…”

“Eugh, seriously, those go in there?” Chase gagged. He’d been hovering over the busy working Reggie for hours.

Reggie sniffled and continued working. Tonight was the full moon, so he had a limited time to get the concoction and spell right, no thanks to his stupid boyfriend.

“Aww babe, how long are you going to ignore me?” Chase grumbled. He knew he was at fault and Reggie was working hard to undo what he had done but being ignored by the little witch was driving him nuts.

Reggie concentrated on his potion. He ground the dried herbs in a pestle and mortar, just like how his grandmother and mum had taught him. Male witches were rare and more sensitive to supernatural powers. Well, Reggie was definitely sensitive, with a soft soul and delicate heart, but he was powerful. Now it was up to him to clean up the mess that was his boyfriend.

The male witch sprinkled the pounded herbs into the bubbling cauldron. The smell ranked but Chase would have to deal with it. He knew he wasn’t supposed to unlock or uncap or un-anything in the attic where Reggie’s witchery stuff were, especially this close to Halloween. Chase was a mere human, but he had latent psychic abilities and brute strength thanks to his urges to keep fit and “masculine”.

Whatever.

But Reggie loved his boyfriend despite being pissed off at him. He stirred the concoction then ladled it into a crystal chalice. The potion was unappetizingly thick, but Chase will have to suck it up.

“Is it done?” Chase asked again, even though Reggie hadn’t acknowledged him.

Reggie let the potion cool down while he went to the cabinet at the corner of the attic and studied the display before finally taking out an amethyst-hilted dagger.

“What’s that for, babe?” Chase asked, suddenly on alert.

Reggie wanted to tell Chase to shut up and fuck off, but he had priorities. He raised his left hand over the chalice then sliced his palm open with the dagger, letting his blood drip into the potion.

“Fuck, baby! Dammit!”

Ignoring Chase and the cut, Reggie stirred the potion until the concoction turned dark crimson then brought it to where he had drawn a pentagram around Chase’s lifeless body. He knelt beside his dead boyfriend and lifted his head so he could feed him the potion at the same time chanted the resurrection spell.

“Please, please, please wake up,” he begged. He was crying again just like he had when he found Chase’s body bloodied and lifeless beside a broken jar that was supposed to contain a malevolent spirit.

“I’m up, baby. I’m so sorry.”

“You big idiot!”

“I am, but I’m an innocent idiot. The jar rattled on the table and I tried to catch it but it slipped through my fingers. The…whatever thing in there pierced my heart. Next thing I know you were crying over my dead body while I hovered over you – transparent and all.”

“I should’ve vanquished that fucker,” Reggie muttered. “Stupid ghost turned my boyfriend into a ghost.”

“Hey, none of that now. I’m back to the living world, thanks to my super witch boyfriend.”

“It almost didn’t work. If I had talked to you when you’re a ghost, you’re done for. I can’t even tell you to shut up.”

“Oops, sorry baby. I thought you couldn’t see me.”

Reggie looked at Chase indignantly. “Of course I can see you. I’m a ghost believer. But don’t you do that again!” He warned.

“Okay, baby. I learned my lesson,” Chase promised and hugged Reggie tightly.

The End

Witches Brew Cat GIF by Pusheen

• Like 4

Hi

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!

:441489720_red_fox4:

This was so much fun!

DS4dEhH.gif

I hope you have a lovely day!

:8onion73:

• Key locked this topic