<3 Promises beyond Time <<hal7283 & mik3la>>

Guest mik3la

"Ah...K... Keiko...ha.. ah.h.a..." Hikaru moaned lustfully as he began moving his waist, dragging his hard erection back and forth along the soft membrane of Keiko's intestines. He could feel the man's sphincter squeezing around his shaft greedily as if wanting to milk out every drop of cum. As much as all the teasing made Keiko desperate, he too was eager for release after worshiping the man's beautiful body from head to toe. He leaned down and pressed their lips together, his tongue intruded inside Keiko's mouth so it could chase and mingle with its counterpart, all the while he began to work his waist in a faster pace. Pleasure was quickly building up down his groin and Hikaru was just immersed in the overwhelming sensation and yet... something was missing. 

Pulling away from the kiss he looked down at his bounded, blindfolded lover, and after a moment of hesitation he stopped his movement, then proceeded to freeing the man's hands and then undoing the tie over his eyes. Looking straight into Keiko's eyes he asked lovingly: "Hold me Keiko... I want to feel your arms around me." He showed a satisfied smile as he felt the touch from the other and quickly resumed thrusting his waist. His breathing became more and more rapid and as sweat flowed down his cheek and dropped on Keiko's face he could feel climax quickly approaching. "I... I'm close Keiko... Let's.... let's cum together!" He whined in desperation as he could feel himself going over the edge very soon, and then the next moment he arched his body back and let out a loud moan. He pounded his cock deep inside Keiko's rear and with each thrust a thick string of his slimy seed got deposited down the man's rear. He stayed inside Keiko for a while enjoying the lingering afterglow of his ectasy and also to squeeze out the last bit of cum inside his shaft, then he pulled out of Keiko and laid down beside his lover. While panting heavily he looked at Keiko's and said: "So... what do you think? I saw our past selves doing something similar so I wanted to try it out... Just so you know I'm not really that angry about what you did on the train and in fact... I kind of liked it when you were so rough..."  

He too moved his hips against the other thrust making him go deeper and deeper feeling him hitting just the right spot. His mouth was dry as he kept breathing in and out, moaning out loud, not caring who might hear them. The union was too perfect, too delicious to not fully enjoy it. He moaned softly in the kiss as he let the other claiming and exploring his mouth, tangling his tongue with his, feeling his body heaten up and small ticklings forming in his belly and even more down to his own member. 

When Hikaru stopped he groan in frustration not wanting it to stop. He was so close that it was hurting him now.  Then he felt his arms being release and his fold from his eyes and imediatly saw his lovers eyes full of compassion, lust and love. 

"Hold me Keiko... I want to feel your arms around me."

HE oblige and wrapped his arms around his shoulders holding him close, running his hand through his hair, pressing their lips together as he was pulling gently by the roots of his hair, moaning. As Hikaru started moving his hips faster and deeper he couldn't focus on the kiss anymore. His head fell to the side moaning as he could feel how his body was going to explode. 

"I... I'm close Keiko... Let's.... let's cum together!"

Fuck yes my love, he groan pinning their lips together in a needing kiss till he couldn't hold back anymore and finally groan loud as he climaxed between their bodies and right away he felt the other filling him up. He moved his hips a little longer wanting everything the other was giving. His body was still shaking when Hikaru sat next to him and turned to talk to him. 

Taking a deep breath he opened his eyes which he couldn't remember when he shut them and looked at his lover

"So... what do you think? I saw our past selves doing something similar so I wanted to try it out... Just so you know I'm not really that angry about what you did on the train and in fact... I kind of liked it when you were so rough..."  

That was ... definitely something new, he said taking a breath out licking his dry lips while brushing his hand through his own hair. I really like that you are more open to this stuff than before. And the fact that you like it a little more rough, that's good to know babe, he said winking pulling him closer in his arms, kissing his forehead. You really are amazing, he sigh trying to calm his racing heart. 

Hikaru moaned softly as he was pulled closer into Keiko's arm  and was kissed on the forehead. As much as it was fun to take charge and see Keiko moan and squirm under him, he still really liked the feeling of just allowing himself to be held and protected by Keiko, leaving his whole body and soul at the other's care. "And you're so amazing too." He said with a soft smile as he snuggled a bit closer into Keiko's chest and pressed a soft kiss over Keiko's heart. Both of them were sweaty and had cum leaking from their asses, Keiko was even in more of a mess as Hikaru had left his saliva all over his body. But clearly Hikaru had no intention of leaving the bed anytime soon as he wrapped his arms around Keiko tightly and said: "We should really do this more often."

Hikaru laid beside Keiko for quite a while just enjoying the other's presence being so close to him, then after a while he looked up at Keiko and said: "Hey Keiko... Do you remember all the time I woke up from nightmares? I used  to think that it was just stress and worrying about my book that was causing it but after my trip to the past and back I now understand... Those were flashbacks, memories of our past lives together, and how... " He hesitated for a moment and said with tears forming in his eyes: "How you died trying to protect me." He buried his face in keiko's chest and said with his voice muffled: "Remember how I got so upset about the movie with the young noble and his ninja bodyguard? Now I know it's because it reminded me of what happened in our past lives.... I couldn't even imagine how I carried on without you..."   

Oh ... we will baby .... we will,  he said smirking, resting his head to the others forehead taking a deep breath, closing his eyes for a brief moment to relax. 

When his lover spoke again he opened his eyes and looked down at him, still holding him close in his arms. Even if they were still sticky and all, he didn't cared. They had time to take shower, but right now, it just felt right to just sit and talk. 

Yeah i still remember, he said frowning at what the other said further, tightening his hold on him wanting to calm him down. Hey ...hey ..., he said wiping his tears away. He blinked a few times as he remembered the movie they saw before and how the story went. There were some similarities in what Hikaru had told him the past life experience was but he still found it hard to believe all that, although the connection was there. 

Love ... it doesn't matter how you managed in the past. I'm here now right? That means no matter what, i'll still find a way to be near you, he said smiling kissing his forehead and then his lips tenderly. Honestly, he didn't want to think about the past life anymore. They were here and now together and that was all that mattered for him. 

Hikaru moaned as he felt the gentle kiss on his forehead and then his lips, the man's words really filled him with warmth and comfort. “Yeah... I guess you're right." Hikaru said with a relieved smile as he looked up at Keiko. Yes, even after hundreds of years their sould eventually found each other. He wondered did his past self found solace in knowing that he'd found Keiko and was able to keep going because of it. He gave Keiko a tight squeeze with his arms before he slowly pulled away and said: "How about we go take a shower and clean up? We can then go chill on the living room couch." He extended his hand to help Keiko up and made it to the bathroom.

For the rest of the day Hikaru was pretty much stuck onto his lover, holding his arms wherever he went, not even willing to let go when either of them had to use the bathroom. As  they rested on the living room couch eventually Hikaru's eyelids began to feel heavy while the scenes on TV failed to catch his interest, and slowly but surely he fell asleep beside his lover. 

Guess we do need a fresh shower, he said smiling grabbing his hand and help himself out of bed. 

After shower they spend time on the couch in front of tv, like a normal night. Both back fully clothes, they cuddle like never before, holding hand and never separate from each other no matter where they went. Even bathroom. It was like they both were afraid of letting go of their hands, thinking that they might not see each other again. 

As the movie was running and Keiko leaned on the couch with Hikaru in his arms, he felt the others body go numb and his breath steady. He smiled gently seeing him fast asleep and just kissed his forehead as he kept watching tv. I'm so happy your back Hikaru, he whispered resting his chin on the others head sighing. 

Eventually he fell asleep too, in that same position. 

The next day everything seemed  to be back go normal. Keikonretuened to his job and being free that particular day Hikaru returned to his laptop and worked on his novel. Having not touched the keyboard for so many days(at least from his own perspective) it took him a while to find his groove again, bit once he did words just began to our out of him naturally. The story of the girl and his mysterious guardian took a surprising turn as it turned out that the guardian was actually working for an evil organization working towards world domination, and the only reason why the guardian was protecting the girl was to earn her trust so he would be able to find the secret that was left by the girl's late father, which supposedly was the only thing that could stop their evil plan from coming into fruition. But as the guardian spent more time around the girl he gradually fell in love and betrayed the organization. Hikaru continued to type and it was only when the sky outside had already turned dark did he finally decide to take a break. 

"Man...That was quite a productive session...." Hikaru said as he took a deep breath and his stomach began to growl. "And I totally skipped lunch..." he took out his phone and quickly sent a message to Keiko:

"Hey love. You off work yet? Wanna meet up somewhere and grab something to eat?"

Back at work Keiko tried to keep himself focused and doing the job right but his mind was still wondering around Hikaru and how he acted these two days. It was so different in a new sexy way that he really liked it and at the same time sweet and innocent. All that the other had told him kind of made sense but it was crazy at the same time. And he couldn't believe that he was actually believing it. But he wasn't feeling anything different, nor any problem whatsoever in their world. He was still him. So how could he be his guardian and protect him when he didn't even know how and from what to protect him. 

Argh! he screamed as he poured some hot coffee on his hand, not being careful as he was lost in his mind. Shaking his head and after bandaging his hand he tried as much as possible to keep his head at work. And he managed till the end of the program. When his phone buzzed he looked and read the message which made him smile. 

Text to Love

Just finished wrapping everything up for tomorrow. Sure. We can meet up at the dinner near our house. The one with lot's of flowers around it. I'll be there in 20 min

Hkaru's expression brightened as he saw the reply coming from Keiko. He quickly saved his work and put on some more proper clothing and grabbed his stuff before heading out toward the restaurant Keijo mentioned. He soon arrived at the place and got a table. He hummed joyfully as he looked out the window at the direction where Keiko would show up. When the familiar figure showed up in his field of vision he waved excitedly at Keiko as he approached. "Welcome back Keiko. How was work today?" He said as he got up from his seat and have his lover a big hug, not forgetting ntonoress a soft kiss on his cheek before pulling away. With a happy smile he sat down across from Keiko and asked: "So, what do you feel like having tonight? The waiter said the fish is good."

He managed to reach the place just in time. As he saw his lover sitting at a table and waving at him he smiled walking faster. hugging and kissing his cheek he sat at the table looking in the menu but then up at Hikaru smiling. 

It was a busy day but that kept me on the track, he said smiling leaving the menu aside, leaning on the table smiling.  In that case we will try the fish if is that good, he smiled looking at the waiter, waving at him to order. After the waiter was gone and they were left alone with their drinks on the table, he turned in leaning on his arms on the table. 

How about you. how was your day? 

• 2 months later...

"My day? It was pretty productive. Typed down like two whole chapters" Hikaru smiled as he leaned forward and crossed his arms on the table. He then continued: "I've also sent the first couple of chapters to an Editor I've worked with before and asked for his opinion. He knows the industry pretty well and should be able to give me some advices."  

Soon enough the food came, and as they enjoyed their dinner together Hikaru took a glace around to make sure that nobody was around and said in a low voice: "So.... I've been thinking a lot about my trip to... you know... the past... I was so afraid and in such panic that I didn't really take notice but thinking back now... I think I recognize the place I stayed at but I could be wrong..." Hikaru paused for a moment and said: "There's this... old house that's at the outskirts of my home town. Apparently it has been in our family for many generations but when we moved to our current home it was pretty much left abandoned. They've talked about tearing the place down to rebuild it or just sell the land off but the talk just never went anywhere. If that old mansion was really the same place our past selves have lived in, maybe they've left some messages or clues or... I don't know... Something that may help us figuring all this super natural stuff out?  I mean I was planning to go back for this years Obon festival anyway so this may be a good opportunity to look around. What do you think?"

Keiko listen to him but he had doubts about the place and the whole messages idea, but he didn't want to make the other feel bad or anything so he just sigh. 

"If you think we might find something then we can go tomorrow after work" he said taking his hand. Something inside him was telling that it was a bad idea to check up the mansion and he was afraid that Hikaru was going to be dessapointed if he wasn't going to find anything there. But maybe that way Hikaru was going to let it go and they could get back to their lives and forget this whole story. 

"Let's order now cause i'm starving" he said smiling. "It was crazy at work and i didn't had time to take my lunch break" he added looking through the menu. 

Hikaru chuckled and said: "As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, my home town is pretty far away so we would have to wait till the holidays to go back. And besides I have to call my parents first to tell them that I am brining a guest home. Brace yourself Keiko cause you bet they'll have lots and lots of questions for you."

When Keiko mentioned that he hasn't ate anything for lunch Hikaru exclaimed: "Why didn't you say so earlier? Alright let's fill your little belly up right away..." He opened the menu and began checking id there's anything that could be served right away.

The days went on seemingly as usual, but day by day Hikaru began to notice strange things around him. Dark dogs, strange shadows, twisted figures showing up at the corner of his vision, deep growls that came from the dark alleys. He tried to convince himself that he was imaginings things, but when he saw a massive white walking through the cafe he was working at and somehow knew that it was a benevolent spirit, he instinctively realized that the world has always been like this. It's just that before he couldn't notice those things hidden by the glamor of civilization, but now he could. He also realized that darkness was encroaching ever closer as if something was stirring them to act. 

Soon the holiday came and they began to trip back to Hikaru's home town. First they had to take the high-speed rail, transfer to local train, then take a bus across the mountains to get to the remote town. By the time they arrived it was already pretty late at night. During the whole trip Hikaru seemed to be on edge, especially when he was on the bus he looked deathly pale and held onto Keiko's arm like his life depended on it. It was only when he stepped off the bus did he looked relieved. "Sorry Keiko, just a bit nervous coming home after so many years." Hikaru said with a weak smile: "Now come along, my home is just a short walk away."

As they walked down the dimly lit country road they soon arrived at an big old mansion. A middle aged couple was already waiting at the door. Even from afar you could see their resemblance to Hikaru, though both if then had a head of black hair unlike the silver white locks on Hikaru's head. The moment they saw Hikaru they rushed towards the young man. "Welcome home Hikaru! Finished you so much!" The woman said as he gave Hikaru a big hug.

"In back Mom. Dad." Hikaru said with an apologetic smile. "Sorry for not coming back for so many years."

"It's okay Hikaru, we understand." Hikaru's father said as he joined the hug as well. After they all took a step back Hikaru's mother turned her attention towards Keiko and asked: "And this must be the boyfriend you've talked so much about?"

"Ah, yeah. So Mom, Dad, this is my boyfriend Keiko. Keuko, these are my parents, Akira Mitsubishi and Ruiko Mitsurugi"

"Oh you're such a handsome young man! Our Hikaru ensure has a keen eye for lovers"' Ruiko chuckled: "Come on in boys! You two mist be hungry after a while day of travelling. I made Hikaru's favourite dishes" 

"You heard the lady. Let's go." Akira said with a gentle smile: "Treat this like your own home Keiko."

He smiled and ordered their food which was well waited. He really was hungry. 

As days went by, nothing special happened. It was all back to normal. He was busy with work at the Cafe and Hikaru with his writing. 

Whent the time of travelling happened, Keiko was a little curious about this mansion. Eversince they started dating he never visit Hikarus parents and was curious how they were. The surroundings were nice but he had a strange feeling about it. Looking at Hikaru he could notice that he wasn't feeling that well either. 

"Sorry Keiko, just a bit nervous coming home after so many years." "Now come along, my home is just a short walk away."

"No worries. Hold on me as much as you need" he said smiling holding his arms into his as they walk. He couldn't shatter the strange feeling that he kept having ever since they arrived. It was like they were watched, but he just tried to ignore it, not wanting to worry himself about something that didn't exist, right?

Keiko let go of Hikaru as he saw his parents waiting for them at the yard door, so that they can hug him and all. It was their moment. That gave him some time to look up at the mansion and everything around it. A cold breeze run through him but he was dragged out of his mind by an old female voice. 

"And this must be the boyfriend you've talked so much about?"

Turning his eyes back to the women he smiled gently, bowing in sign of respect. 

"Nice to meet you ma'am"

"Ah, yeah. So Mom, Dad, this is my boyfriend Keiko. Keuko, these are my parents, Akira Mitsubishi and Ruiko Mitsurugi"

"Oh you're such a handsome young man! Our Hikaru ensure has a keen eye for lovers"' 

"Thank you ma'am" he said smiling trying to be as polite as possible, not wanting to upset them. Saluting his father as well he couldn't notice that there was no resemblance between them. Hikaru didn't looked like one of his parents, which was kid of odd as statistically a child will always resemble one of the parents. But maybe it's just genetics and he looks more like his grandparents, he though keeping the soft smile on his face. 

"Come on in boys! You two mist be hungry after a while day of travelling. I made Hikaru's favourite dishes"

"You heard the lady. Let's go." Akira said with a gentle smile: "Treat this like your own home Keiko."

His home. He never had a home before and it was hard to accept one and feel like home. But there was something about the place that he couldn't understand. Because as soon as he stepped in the yard he felt warm and relaxed. Like he belonged there. Which was strange cause he never been there before. And not to mention the cold feeling he had before, outside.  This trip was getting really really strange and he just couldn't comprehend what was happening. 

Could it be that what Hikaru told me about his time travell was true? In my past life i was here? But ... that's crazy .... how can that be? It doesn't make any sense, he thought as he walked lost in his thoughst before he stopped in front of a pond, standing at the statue in the middle. It was a statue of two lovers, holding eachother in arms, looking at each other. One with short hair and one with long hair. It was like a couple. 

When he realized that he stopped, he blinked a few times and noticed the pond and the statue, having the sensation that he had seen it before. And in the next second it was like a flashback ran in front of his eyes, seeing two figures on the side of the pond, holding hands and staring at the statue while talking. But it was so fast that he couldn't see what it was. 

I think i'm too tired and my mind just messess with me, he though rubbing his forehead as he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. 

Hikaru noticed that Keiko was acting a little strange ever since he stepped into his old family home but didn't think too much of it. After all it was the first time he brought Keiko to meet his parents so it was inly natural that he would be nervous. "Come on Keiko, my mom makes the best beef stew in the world!" He smiled as he took Keiko's hand and pulled him along into the living room. Soon they were all gathered around the dining table which was so packed with all kinds of dishes that they barely had place to put their rice bowls and plates. 

"Mom you've made too much! There's no way we can finish all this!" Hikaru exclaimed.

"Oh I'm sure with three big men at the table you'll clean it up in no time~" Ruiko chuckled and said: "Go ahead boys, dig in."

As the four enjoyed dinner naturally Hikaru's parents began bombarding Keiko with tons and tons of questions from his work to his upbringing, as well as questions about how Hikaru carry himself in his daily lives. Ruiko asked: "Does he still walk around in underwear after taking shower? I've told him countless times to get dressed properly or he may catch a cold. But boy he's just so stubborn!" 

"My god this is so embarrassing…" Hikaru sighed as he put his palm over his face and said: "Please mom can't we just have dinner in peace?"

"Forgive your mother Hikaru. She's just so happy that you're back home." Akira said as he turned to look at Keiko and smiled: "I guess we have you to thank for finally brining our son home." 

"Come on Keiko, my mom makes the best beef stew in the world!"

"Hmm? Oh .. yeah ... sorry" he said shaking his head slowly as he turned and fallowed the other, trying to get over that strange moment he just had at the pond. 

As they sat at the table and started eating he tried to answer as honest as possible to the questions the elders where throwing at him. 

"Does he still walk around in underwear after taking shower? I've told him countless times to get dressed properly or he may catch a cold. But boy he's just so stubborn!" 

Keiko almost chocke at the sudden question and had to take a break to drink some water as he was trying not to laugh.

My god this is so embarrassing…""Please mom can't we just have dinner in peace?"

"I believe the stubborn part remained very vividly" he said shortly, not answering the other part as he didn't want to be too awkward or anything. Plus, he didn't want to embarace Hikaru even more. 

"Forgive your mother Hikaru. She's just so happy that you're back home." Akira said as he turned to look at Keiko and smiled: "I guess we have you to thank for finally brining our son home." 

"No need to thank me sir. It was a needed break from work and relax for once so to say" he smiled at the man and the lady and then turned to Hikaru. "we thought of a break outside the big city and he thought it was a great oportunity to come here. So its all him" he shrugged as he turned to the food. 

As he finished his food he drank a little more and decided to ask something bold. 

"The place looks really nice. Not to mention the garden is beautiful. The statue of the pond kind of distracted me for a little bit" he smiled trying to make small talk but also wanted to find more about the place. 

Edited by mik3la

"Oh the statues? Well that's a long story." Akira basis as he looked towards the direction of the pond and said: "For generations our ancestors practiced Onyoudou and works as priests. They traveled across the country performing rituals and exorcism and stuff, and during their travels they'd usually have a guardian by their side to ensure their safety. Needless to say that the bind between the priests and their guardians were often very strong, sometimes even romantically so. According to legends one of our ancestors and his guardian came to his town and ended up living in the mansion on the outskirt of this town. They enjoyed some peaceful days together until his guardian was killed by a evil spirit. The priest was so devastated with grief that he sealed his memories in those statues and left for the capital. Many years latter he returned with his wife and child and upon seeing the statue he died on the spot and told his children to safeguard it forever. After that our family settled down at the mansion and it was only during my great grandfather's time an earthquake damaged the old mansion too badly that we moved to this house. But when we moved we also broighg a lot of the old things with us including the statues."

"You've never told me these stories dad. You just said it was an antique from the old house!" Hikaru said surprised.

"Didn't I? I swear I must have told you the story once or twice when you were little... You were probably too young to remember. And by the time you were old enough to remember you became way more into video games and novels than story time with daddy" Akira shrugged. 

"I guess you've got a point..." Hilarious muttered as he dwelled in his thoughts. He knew in their past lives Keiko died trying to protect him but he never knew what happened afterwards. He had assumed his last life must have gotten married and had kids at some point or the Mitsurugi family wouldn't have lasted till now, but the part of him sealing his memories in the statues and dying in front of them years latter still shocked him quite a bit. Part of him has always wondered just how did Hikaru lived on without Keiko, and if the legends were ture then the answer would be no, he didn't. He couldn't even bear living without his grief and so he sealed that memory away just long enough for him to make sure that his future self would one day be born and meet Keiko again. But somehow Hilary just felt like there was more to the story, that him, Hikaru Mitsurugi, wasn't someone so easily beaten by grief. He wouldn't have wasted the life that Keiko sacrificed himself to save for nothing, and he must have done what he did for a reason. He looked towards Keiko and held his hand under the table firmly and said: "How about we go and get a better look at the statues after dinner?"

Keiko listen carefuly the man's story and he started to believe more and more what Hikaru had told him about their past lives. It was strange that was able to catch a glims of that memory near the statue. It was strange that they even got memories of their old lives because normal people don't have this kind of experience. No one remembers their past lives. Not to mention travel to it or see glims of images. All this was making Keiko even more confused and sounding like a complete crazy person. But why now? Why all of a sudden? Was this a warning? A clue for something? Were they supposed to understand them and look or do something? What the hell was that meaning?

His mind was rambling all around the place but was brought back to the present by Hikaru's hand on his. turning his eyes he blinked a few times like he was just woken up. He nodded at Hikaru's suggestion about checking the statues later on but he was still confused. 

Later that day, after eating, they went out in the garden, wandering around the place. He needed some fresh air to clear his mind but it wasn't helping as those images that he saw before were still vividly in his mind troubleling him. Were they really the same as before? Was he supposed to be Hikaru's guardian? But how was he supposed to help him? He could fight, yes but, not with something that what he thought till now was just stories. He never believed in demons or spirits and such. Not even now but somehow, slowly, he was starting to think that they were maybe true but hidden from normal human eye. Fuck this shit is complicated, he thought scratching his head sighing. 

After dinner Hikaru went into the kitchen to help washing the dishes and afterwards he headed for the garden found Keiko wandering around the place. "Hey Keiko. Sorry for keeping you waiting." He smiled as he walked up to his lover and wrapped his arms around the other's waist. Pressing a soft kiss on his cheeks he turned his gaze towards the statues at the middle of the pond. They have always been there during Hikaru's childhood and he'd never put much thought on them but now, after going back in time and listening to his fther telling the legends behind them, he couldn't help but feel.... something. 

"Do you think it's true?" Hikaru asked, though the question wasn't exactly directed at Keiko but more like to himself: "Do you think that I sealed my memories in those statues after you died protecting me? I really don't see myself doing something like that.... even if living without you would have been unbearable..." As the two looked at the pond suddenly the statues began the glow, the light quickly became so bright that they couldn't keep their eyes open, and next thing they knew the two of them were looking at a field of flowers and in the middle was a familiar figure for both of them, though for slightly different reasons. 

"That's.... me.... From my past life!" Hikaru exclaimed in shock. Not only from the surprise of seeing his past life again, but also by how frail and sickly he looked. The Hikaru from the past showed a weak smile and said: "Hey there Hikari. Don't worry you haven't' slipped back in time again nor are you hallucinating. This is a message I've stored in the statue for you which will only activate after you've came back from the past. I hope that you've been doing well. As for me... well, you can see that I'm not in the best shape."

Hikaru coughed several times and you could tell that he was in pain. After taking a few deep breaths he continued: "I'm not sure how much of my life you've managed to remember till this point so I'll give you a quick run-down of what happened after you left. Keiko and I prepared for battle against the demons but their leader, Magatsu, have grown much more powerful than we could have ever imagined. In the end Keiko sacrificed himself to save me and without my guardian, my options were limited. I used up a lot of my life force to seal him away but I ended up tainted by the demon's curse.... Even now it is eating away my body... my mind... There're times that I can't remember where I was... who I am... There're times that I can't even..!" He stopped in midsentence as tears choked his words :"I can't even remember Keiko's face...! His voice! His warmth....." 

Hikaru coughed again but he recovered quickly with an apologetic smile: "Ah.. sorry about that Hikari... I know we will be together again in our next life... in your life... but sometimes the wait can be painful. Luckily I don't have to wait for long... Magatsu's curse have made sure of that... But there also lies our problem... Your, problem." Hikaru took a deep breath and said: "Even after my death, even after god knows how many rounds of reincarnations, the curse will remain in my soul, your soul... Don't worry the effect wouldn't be as drastic as mine but in time.. it will surface. By my estimation I think none of my future reincarnations would live beyond 40 years old and that includes you. Not only that, the curse would be stirring the shadows around you, drawing the creatures that lurked in the night towards you. You must have felt it by know, and I suspect the attack that triggered your jump to the past wasn't your first experience with them. It might have been years ago, you may not even remember it or understood it at the time but it has definitely happened to you once before. And these attacks would only increase in number and levels of danger from now on, especially now that you can see them, they can see you clearly too. It won't stop until they've torn you apart and with your broken body and soul. The only way to put an end to this would be to end the curse at its source... to destroy Magatsu once and for all. And to do that, you'll need help... Keiko's help... Beneath this statue I've left everything you'd need for the coming battles including instructions on how to lift the seal of Magatsu. Needless to say you should only do so once you feel like you're ready."

Hikaru's gaze then turned Keiko's direction and said: "Assuming you're listening to this message with Keiko beside you... Hey my love, are you treating me well? That was a total dick move leaving me here alive by myself... As you can see I'm kind of in some shit right now so... Save me okay?" He looked back at Hikari and said: " I expect you to live a long and happy life with Keiko, grow old together and maybe die like when you're 100 or something. And remember to punch Keiko in the face for me cause... he surely deserve it. So.... see you in like a thousand years I guess?!"

The next thing they knew they were back in the garden starring at the statue. Hikaru just stood there with tears flowing down his cheeks. Midway in that message he had already remembered everything from his past life. The pain, the despair, the solitude. He remembered the confusion as his mind was eroded away by the curse, how his father tried his best to stall its effect but was in vain, how he almost forgot about everything and ended up marrying the girl his father arranged for him and had a child with her, and how he mustered the last strength he had in his crumbling body to come back to the mansion where he and Keiko and lived together and after leaving this message for himself in the future died. The next moment he raised his hand and formed a fist, which he pressed against Keiko's cheek weakly as he broke down sobbing.  

"Hey Keiko. Sorry for keeping you waiting." 

"hmm? Oh, no worries babe" he said smiling placing his hand over his shoulder as the other wrapped his arm around his waist as they turned their attention to the pond. 

"Do you think it's true?" "Do you think that I sealed my memories in those statues after you died protecting me? I really don't see myself doing something like that.... even if living without you would have been unbearable..."

"I don't want to admit it but i'm starting to belie-" he started to say but his words were caught off by the light that the statue started to make, shining so brightly that he had to close and cover his eyes, keeping Hikaru near him, not wanting to let him go, as he didn't know what it was. As the light dissapeared, he opened them, blinking a few times getting used to the new light and surroundings. They weren't anymore in Hikaru's parents garden. 

"That's.... me.... From my past life!" 

"what?" said Keiko turning his eyes to the statue of the pond and on the side seeing a sick version of his lover, leaning against the edge of the pond, almost like giving his last breath. He felt a small flinch to move towards him and help him but the other soon spoke like they were actually there and he could see them. Which was even more crazy.  As the other was trying to talk despite his sickness and coughing, Keiko felt more and more drawn to help the man, but he tightened the grip on his lover. He was his Hikaru. That person in front of him was just a mere memory of the past which he couldn't help. 

"I'm not sure how much of my life you've managed to remember till this point so I'll give you a quick run-down of what happened after you left. Keiko and I prepared for battle against the demons but their leader, Magatsu, have grown much more powerful than we could have ever imagined. In the end Keiko sacrificed himself to save me and without my guardian, my options were limited. I used up a lot of my life force to seal him away but I ended up tainted by the demon's curse.... Even now it is eating away my body... my mind... There're times that I can't remember where I was... who I am... There're times that I can't even..!" He stopped in midsentence as tears choked his words :"I can't even remember Keiko's face...! His voice! His warmth....." 

As the guy started to talk of what had happened, Keiko was starting to remember as well, bits by bits of what had happened till the moment his previous self died. He could feel the despair on both sides. The fact that his past self sacrifice for his love to whom sworn to protect, and the other of losing his other half which gave him power. The irony. One couldn't live without the other. Keiko's eyes wattered as the other explain how his life turned to be after his past self death and how the curse worked. And there was something that clenched his stomach. No... it wouldn't be pass down to him right? please don't say it.

"Ah.. sorry about that Hikari... I know we will be together again in our next life... in your life... but sometimes the wait can be painful. Luckily I don't have to wait for long... Magatsu's curse have made sure of that... But there also lies our problem... Your, problem." Hikaru took a deep breath and said: "Even after my death, even after god knows how many rounds of reincarnations, the curse will remain in my soul, your soul... Don't worry the effect wouldn't be as drastic as mine but in time.. it will surface. By my estimation I think none of my future reincarnations would live beyond 40 years old and that includes you. Not only that, the curse would be stirring the shadows around you, drawing the creatures that lurked in the night towards you. You must have felt it by know, and I suspect the attack that triggered your jump to the past wasn't your first experience with them. It might have been years ago, you may not even remember it or understood it at the time but it has definitely happened to you once before. And these attacks would only increase in number and levels of danger from now on, especially now that you can see them, they can see you clearly too. It won't stop until they've torn you apart and with your broken body and soul. The only way to put an end to this would be to end the curse at its source... to destroy Magatsu once and for all. And to do that, you'll need help... Keiko's help... Beneath this statue I've left everything you'd need for the coming battles including instructions on how to lift the seal of Magatsu. Needless to say you should only do so once you feel like you're ready."

And his fears came true. His Hikaru had the same curse and could end up like his past self. Being consumed by it. 40 years? but that isn't enough ... he needs to live more ... he deserves  it, he thought frowning not saying a word. His heart was racing not wanting to think of the end now. There should be still pleanty of time. 

At the mention of something burried under the pond made Keiko move his eyes from the pond to his Hikaru and back at it. Not in hell will he leave him alone in this. Even if it was that crazy. He wasn;t going to lose him. Not by demons, not by curse, but by old age, alongside with him.  As Hikaru turned his eyes to him, he couldn;t help but look worried.  He couldn't face a smile for Hikaru to feel better. He couldn't. What he felt was worry. He was worried for what may come. 

"Assuming you're listening to this message with Keiko beside you... Hey my love, are you treating me well? That was a total dick move leaving me here alive by myself... As you can see I'm kind of in some shit right now so... Save me okay?" He looked back at Hikari and said: " I expect you to live a long and happy life with Keiko, grow old together and maybe die like when you're 100 or something. And remember to punch Keiko in the face for me cause... he surely deserve it. So.... see you in like a thousand years I guess?!"

Hearing his name said by the other he turned his eyes back to the guy and widened them as the guy was adressing him. All he could do was look, swallow hard, feeling even guilty when he was accused by leaving him alive by himself. Even if he wasn't the one doing that directly. But he could feel the guilt. At the request, all he could do was nod and keeping his gaze down, closing his eyes for a second then open them again. 

The last part of the message did made Keiko smirk a little but it was a sad one. The guilty feeling wasn't leaving him as they returned to the family present gardens. Looking around he turned to face Hikaru, not believing everything the other said and all the coincidences that had happened till that moment. It was too much not to think it was possible. Apparently everything was possible. 

Seeing Hikaru place the fist on his chest he wrapped his arms around him, knowing that he was going to crumble. There was a moment that made Hikaru change into tears and he needed support. So he was there. He needed this. 

"It's okay" he whispered resting his cheek on the others head as he was holding him in his arms. "Its okay ... let it all out ... it's okay" he continued whispering , kissing his hair. He was holding him in his arms, not letting him fall or anything. 

Hikaru cried in Keiko's arms as he was overwhelmed by the flood of memories and emotions, not just from his past life as Hikaru Mitsurugi the priest, but also his every subsequent reincarnations until now. Unlike with Hikaru who he could almost recall his entire life, the other life times were but vauge images, sounds, and feelings, and they all told the same story. He'd always felt that something was wrong, missing, that his life was empty and devoid of meaning, and died without ever finding just what was wrong with him. But now he understood, it was because he didn't have Keiko by his sides during those life times, and as the curse ate away his lives all he could do was to helplessly endure it and wait.  "Keiko..... Keiko!" He sobbed as he made a mess on the man's shirt. But despite all the sadness he was getting from all those memories, he was more filled with joy than anything else. After all they've found each other and despite the fear of what was to come, part of him couldn't help but feel hopeful and confident that he and Keiko would be able to persevere, that this time they'd be able to grow old together. He looked up at Keiko and showed an apologetic smile: "Sorry about the mess but I'm just a bit... overwhelmed... I really don't know what to say other than.... thank you.... Thank you for finding me again.. thank you for... for loving me again....“

Hikaru buried his face in Keiko's chest again, but before long Akira walked into the garden and said: "Hey Hikaru your Mom is looking for you..." He froze when seeing the two in each other's arms and asked: "Sorry, did I interrupt something?"

"No not at all." Hikaru said before wiping his tears and said: "I need to go now. See you latter?" He quickly ran back into the house and as he brushed shoulders with Akira the man could see Hikaru's red eyes. After a short silence Akira turned to look at Keiko and said: "How about you and I have a little talk?" 

"Sorry about the mess but I'm just a bit... overwhelmed... I really don't know what to say other than.... thank you.... Thank you for finding me again.. thank you for... for loving me again....“

"No worries babe" he said smiling keeping him in his arms, waiting for him to calm down. It was overwehlming even for him and he got to see only that past. He couldn't imagine what the other felt seeing all his others lives. It was too much for anyone. 

Hearing Hikaru's father's voice he turned around and loosen his arms around the other till he let him go. He smiled as the other went back inside. 

"How about you and I have a little talk?" 

"sir?" he said curiously. "Is somethin wrong?" he asked trying to act as normal as normal. 

"Oh nothing is wrong Keiko, I just want to have a little father-and-son chat. Well.. more like an in-laws chat but you know what I mean." Akira smiled as he lead Keiko back into the house and go his study room. The placed was crammed with bookshelves and piles after piles of books, though the area around the reading desk was clear enough to put two chairs down. "Have a seat Keiko. Would you like some tea?" Akira said as he turned on the electric kettle on the table and sat down across Keiko. He looked around the room and showed an apologetic smile: "Sorry for the messy room. I should probably throw most of these out but just never got the time..." He reached for one of the books and showed the cover to Keiko which read: 'Demonic possession and exorcism' and chuckled: "I mean this is just a load of bull crap. Same with most of the other stuff here." As he draw attention to his book collection it soon became clear that aside from a few exceptions like dictionary and poems, half of them were about the occult: ghosts, demons, monsters and such, while the other half were all about mental illness, PTSD, therapy, etc. As the kettle finished boiling the water inside Akira preparing the tea and he poured one for Keiko and one for himself. Sipping from his own cup he let out a deep sigh and asked: "Has Hikaru ever told you how his hair turned white?"

Akira's reached for his desk drawers and took a family photo. You could see a younger Akira with Ruiko holding Hikaru who must be no older than ten years old, and he had a whole head if black hair just like his parents. Akira explained: "When Hikaru was ten years old the twin school organized a field trip. They were going to take the bus across the mountains to the city nearby, visit a few sites before staying at an inn for the night then return the next morning. Shortly after the bus went in the mountain road however there was an mudslide and the whole bus was flushed down the valley. At first nobody noticed cause the road doesn't have a lot of traffic, and it was only when the hotel called the school in the afternoon and asked why haven't the bus arrived that we knew something went wrong. By the time the search and rescue team found the bus it was already the next morning.  As they recovered one corpse after another frim the twisted wreckage of the bus miraculously they found Hikaru alive and breathing with no sign of injuries, but for some reason his head of black hair has turned all white in one single night. I have read stories of similar things happening to people due to extrmene stress or trauma, and I could only imagine how horrible it must have been for Hikaru to spend the night trapped under the dead bodies of his friends and classmates...."

Akira let our a heavy with and continued: "Ever since then Hikaru began to have terrible nightmares and hallucinations about ghosts and monsters. We tried everything we could to help him, sought help from psychiatrist and psychics but nothing worked. In the end we decided to entrust Hilary to a relative of ours who lives in the city, thinking that getting away from this place may help with his condition and thankfully it seemed to have worked out. From time to time we would also go visit Hikaru but we never dates to stay long or we could trigger something, and he has never said that he wanted to come back home, that is until now. As I said during dinner it was you who brought our son back to us, and I have no idea how to thank you."

Suddenly Akira sttiod up and bowed down towards Keiko an said: "All I've ever wanted is for Hikaru to be rid of the horrid I'd the past and be happy, and it seems to me that you are the only one who can do that. Please take care of my boy!"

"Oh nothing is wrong Keiko, I just want to have a little father-and-son chat. Well.. more like an in-laws chat but you know what I mean."

"Sure sir ... No problem" he said fallowing the old man in the house and in his study room. Keiko was amazed by the stock of books the man had in there. What he found it curiously was that the majority of the books were about demon, ghosts and other entities of the sort. Which was rather interesting considering that the man wasn't looking like someone who would believe in such things. 

"No worries sir. You should see my room when i'm too busy with work" he laughed trying to make the man feel comfortable about the mess. "Tea will be good sir" he added being as polite as ever. He didn't had parents, as they died long ago, so it was quite nice to have these people care for him in such a way. 

"Has Hikaru ever told you how his hair turned white?"

"Not that i can recall ... I always thought his hair was natural white" he said confused looking at the old man. That was new. HE never thought that Hikaru got the white hair from an accident or anything. As the onld man was taking a photo album out, he got closer and saw a young Hikaru with black hair just like his. He looked cute, but if he was to be honest, he liked Hikaru with white hair more than dark hair. 

"When Hikaru was ten years old the twin school organized a field trip. They were going to take the bus across the mountains to the city nearby, visit a few sites before staying at an inn for the night then return the next morning. Shortly after the bus went in the mountain road however there was an mudslide and the whole bus was flushed down the valley. At first nobody noticed cause the road doesn't have a lot of traffic, and it was only when the hotel called the school in the afternoon and asked why haven't the bus arrived that we knew something went wrong. By the time the search and rescue team found the bus it was already the next morning.  As they recovered one corpse after another frim the twisted wreckage of the bus miraculously they found Hikaru alive and breathing with no sign of injuries, but for some reason his head of black hair has turned all white in one single night. I have read stories of similar things happening to people due to extrmene stress or trauma, and I could only imagine how horrible it must have been for Hikaru to spend the night trapped under the dead bodies of his friends and classmates...."

"Oh my god" he said looking at the old man and then back at the photo of young Hikaru, starting to understand some fear of Hikaru. That's why Hikaru is so afraid of being left alone. Of someone leaving him. He saw his friends die and leave him alone. 

"That's terrible" he added frowning  lifting his eyes to the old man as he continued talking about Hikaru's nightmares and hallucinations about ghosts and monsters and how he went to different doctors but non could do much. All till they send him to the capital and Hikaru sort of forgot about everything. But ever since, Hikaru never came home. Not even visiting. Which he found it strange, but maybe there were still some memories that lingered with this place. And now this. Keiko sigh. How many things does he have to endure?

"It's not me sir ... I mean ... Not directly so please ..." he said catching the old man by the shoulders lifting his body up. "No need to bow to me" he added smiling. "I just came along. It was all him" he smiled gently. "So don't think too hard on yourself. You only did what you thought it was best for him. And it was. He detached from this place and memories. He is a good man. So do not worry, just ...be proud" he added tapping the old man on his shoulder wanting to make him feel better. 

"But i do like this book colection you have here. Mind if I stay a little longer in here and check it out?" he said taking a book about demons starting to flip the pages. 

"Regardless of whether it was Hikaru's idea or not, I'm just glad that you're by his side, giving him courage to finally come back home to us." Akira smiled as he refilled Keiko's cup and said: "Of course, feel free to go through my collection and in fact, you can take whatever you want. After all, this is your home as well." He got up from his seat and patted on Keiko's shoulder lightly before leaving the study room.  

A few hours latter Hikaru was ready to call it a day. They've added a futon next to the bed in Hikaru's old room for Keiko to sleep on. He's already stripped down to his underwear like his usual pre-sleep routine and waited for Keiko to come in. Once the door opened revealing his lover he smiled a bit timidly: "Hey Keiko, so... welcome to my room." He said as he looked around the room which has remained pretty much unchanged since he left home. All the old textbooks, toys, comics, were still there and even some of his old kid clothes were still in the closet. "This place definitely need an update..." He turned to look at Keiko and asked: "So, what did Dad talked to you about?"