My manga draft, and more~ >w<

CocoNatsu

Sooo. I made this manga draft 2 years ago, and I'd like to share it with you guys~

After:Life

"Welcome to the new world, where souls programmed, bodies manufactured, lifespan depends on how much you can pay and death is only one click away."

The manga tells about a criminal organization called Zalmoxis and their creation, Virtual People. Virtual People do not have a "real" body in the external reality of the physical world; instead, each is a fully simulated entity, possessing an appropriate level of consciousness that is implemented using the simulation's own logic. As such, they could be downloaded from one simulation to another, or even archived and resurrected at a later time. Therefore, they’re theoretically immortal, unless their data source is deleted. There are 2 types of Virtual People, Native (completely computer-generated) and Digital Clone (a copy of an existing human). Virtual People live in real world using a representative body called Avatar. The most common Avatar are made of vegetable human (Generation 1); the more advanced types are cyborg (Generation 2) and hologram-like Avatar (Generation 3).

Now, meet the main characters:

0HxiK.jpg

Arashi Mizushima is a 18 years old student suffering from PTSD and Asperger Syndrome. For the last 5 years, Arashi has been having suicidal thoughts be he can’t bring himself to commit because he’s still having regards of his foster parents’ feeling. As each day passed, he becomes more and more detached from reality, just wandering around purposelessly.

SY9hZ.jpg

In contrast, Daniel Chavez (28) is a highly determined person; his life is shaped to fight for justice. He was killed in his mission to infiltrate Zalmoxis headquarter, but fortunately he saved a digital copy of himself. In a twist of event, Daniel's Digital Clone exists within Arashi's body, gradually taking over as Arashi becomes a vegetable human.

JzSRl.jpg

Tamaki Ryuuji (17), Arashi's foster brother, is the first person to notice that someone lives within Arashi's body. The story follows Tama's attempt to help his brother regain his senses as well as his discovery of Daniel's dark, selfish ulterior motives.

Supporting Characters are in spoiler~:

3nUVG.jpg

Sakuya Shirayuki, Tama's overly-attached girlfriend.

vzQUz.jpg

Daniel's old partner, James Bourne (36).

(fun fact: I drew him while looking at Tom Cruise but he looks like the guy who plays Hulk in Avengers instead...)

ZuQCd.jpg

Alice Layton (17), a psychologist-wannabe who helps Arashi with his mental illness.

mpxVr.jpg

Cyclon (?), a native virtual human, an elite fighter of Zalmoxis.

LEH4f.jpg

The man behind Zalmoxis (?). Nicknamed Schrodinger for being "alive and dead" at the same time.

As a person who had been institutionalized, I also want to spread awareness of mental disorders especially PTSD, Asperger's Syndrome, and schizophrenia through the story. Besides spreading bishie glory, of course. :3

Feel free to tell me what you think~

I'll post some manga page samples if anyone is interested. Perhaps my other drawings too.

Thank you very much for reading :D

• Like 5

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CocoNatsu

• SammuelColdheart

• Yukuu

• fujoshiNovember

ahgsdfdhsfd... I can't believe it! This is more than beautiful! :Red_fox::Red_fox7::leaf15::cuteonion45::banhbao8:

Sorry... I am just speachless.

You are mangaka?

ahgsdfdhsfd... I can't believe it! This is more than beautiful! :Red_fox::Red_fox7::leaf15::cuteonion45::banhbao8:

Sorry... I am just speachless.

You are mangaka?

Thank you! >_

Not yet, ahaha... I'm still trying to get published. Wish me luck! :hamtaro-005 (10):

Daniel Chavez~~

:leaf15:

Here are other character drafts and a couple of finished pages~

3fAFQ.jpg

mmoT8.jpg

NyhE6.jpg

• Like 3

Would be awesome! :D

Uwah, you make me want to doodle them together... >w

you are REALLY GOOD!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be Arashi X Ryuuji..

Ooohh~

Can't wait for the first chapter..

If the manga becomes BL, then yep, Arashi x Ryuuji. >_

I'll post a few samples with dialogues next week 8D

Heh would be good to see it if it turns out to be BL :p

It's up to my editor >_

But even if it's not BL I can still make hints there and there, ufufu~

Make the drama with at least a bit of BL please! :_red_fox 10

The actual story does have a tiny bit of BL hint: Arashi was bullied by Ryuuji's gang because they think he's gay and girly. Also, lots of bromance~ XD

• 1 month later...