Tale as old as time :: Beauty and the Beast ::

iMarionette

Years ago, ensconced within a thick forest, a young prince lived in a castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, selfish and unkind. Then, one winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle, offering a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away, but she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress. The prince tried to apologize, but it was too late, for she had seen that there was no love in his heart. As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast, and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there. Ashamed of his monstrous form, the beast concealed himself inside his castle, with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom until his twenty-first year. If he could learn to love another, and earn love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time.

As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope, for who could ever learn to love a beast?

:: yin_yang_lover ::

1158038003267.jpg

Full Name: Joel Richardson

Personality: Joel is sweet and soft spoken, he is quiet and mostly keeps to himself half the time. People think he's strange because he likes to read a lot and hardly talks to anybody except for a few people. They think he's odd because of what his father does. However he can be a bit of a handful and reckless. He loves to help those who are in trouble and need.

Likes: to read books and helping out his father with his inventions.

Dislikes: the man who keeps asking for his hand in marriage, when his books get damage.

Hobbies: reading in the yard and helping his father out.

History: Joel's mother died a few years ago when he was very young, but his love for books and adventure came from his mother who would read to him every night before he went to bed. His mother was considered the most beautiful in the town and the most well suited for anybody except for his father who was considered crazy because he made inventions that usually doesn't work half the time.

But his mother fell in love with his father because he was different from everybody else. When she passed away he was left with his father which he loved with all of his heart and would do anything for him. After some time had past his father never re-married because he loved his deceased wife so much.

:: iMarionette ::

18.png

17.jpg

Full Name: Kadan Rosena, i.e. the Beast

Personality: spoiled, selfish and unkind; the Beast appears constantly angry and yet wanting to be kind-hearted. His hot temper is much sharpened, as the curse has him responding to his primal nature, the urges of an untamed animal. To reflect this personality, the Beast is seen shirtless, with ragged, dark grey breeches and a ragged purple cape with a golden circular-shaped clasp. While the cape clearly shows colours of royalty, the tears in it represent how the Beast is everything but; and the clasp bears the royal seal, though why a beast would wear such a thing seems a mystery.

Kadan's personality slowly changes over time; he becomes more disciplined and rather refined, yet somewhat naive about the world. He is a twenty-one-year-old guy who is insecure, wants to be loved and wants to love, but has this ugly exterior and needs to overcome this.

Loves: n/a

Hates: pretty much everything. He gets awfully upset when things don't go the way he wants them to.

Faiths: n/a

Fears: Kadan's main fear is that his curse would never be broken; though with time, he learned not to expect this, and even started to think himself undeserving of such an event.

History: Stories tell of a young prince who was cursed from the moment he was born. Kadan Rosena killed his mother, Her Majesty the Queen, as she fought to give her baby life. The King, heartbroken by the bloody childbirth, left his newborn son in care of the royal servants. He left the country some years after that, and never came back.

The little prince grew with his every wish fulfilled, as the loyal servants tried to replace the love he never got from his parents. Kadan had all the pretty things, every toy he could imagine, and later girls and sometimes boys. He never learned to love what he had, but loved having it nonetheless.

Then one night, as bitter cold danced outside the castle's stone walls, Kadan had a visitor that would change his life. An ugly, old beggar woman, so he thought. He turned away her request for shelter in exchange for a simple rose; he turned her away again, even as she gave a warning that Kadan, in turn, thought ridiculous. Imagine his surprise when the old woman showed her true appearance, transforming into a beautiful enchantress and cursing him for his actions.

The curse was not just physical, changing Kadan into a hideous beast, but psychological as well. The longer the Beast was under the spell, the more feral he became. The rose the enchantress had offered she left with him, enchanted; to bloom until his twenty-first year. If by then the Beast did not learn to love another, and earn love in return, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iMarionette

• yin_yang_lover

The sun was shinning and it was a clear sky, not a single cloud was out today. The small town was very lively today with people running about, a petite long haired blond was walking through the town. A basket was hanging from one arm while his other hand was holding up a book, his beautiful face was buried inside of his book. Not even looking up he dodge on coming people with grace.

Some people looked his way and started to whisper to one another. It was a common thing to talk about. The boy's beauty was taken after from his mother, however he was different from what other men were suppose to be. "Look there he goes, he's a bit odd... Always had his face in a book and not out hunting..." One woman said to another as they looked at the goods that were being sold.

The woman nodded her head and watched the young teen walk, he seemed to be in a world of his own. Joel walked into the baker's shop. The bell above the door rung, signalling that a customer was here. A well rounded man came out from the back room. A smile graced his face when he saw who it was. "Oh good morning Joel! And how are you today? How's your father? I hope he is doing well!" His voice was loud and happy.

The young blond laughed lightly placing his book inside of the basket. He walked up to the counter, "Good morning! And I'm doing just fine~ And yes father is well!" He smiled softly which caused the baker to return the favor. He nodded his head and turned around towards on of the racks. He grabbed a big loaf of bread and walked over to the counter and handed it to the young man.

"So where you heading off to today?" He asked looking in the back wondering when his wife will be done making the baguettes. "Oh well to the bookshop! You know I heard a wonderful story about..." But before he could finish the baker nodded his head and turned around his hands on his hips. "Hey Julia! Where are the baguettes!" He yelled out causing the male to sigh and shake his head.

He then walked out and on his way to the bookshop he went and finished his shopping, when he arrived there a huge smile broke out across his face. He walked inside and was greeted with another bell and the old shopkeeper who lifted his head up smiling at the blond. "Oh Joel! Your back already?!" He asked surprised to see him back so soon.

Joel laughed lightly and nodded his head. "Why yes I am! I finished the book! I just couldn't put it down!" He smiled brightly causing the shopkeeper to nod his head. "So you got anything new today?" The bookkeeper shook his head 'no'. The blond sighed dejectedly. "Well that's okay..." He walked over towards the shelf and scanned the titles after he had handed the bookkeeper back his book.

His eyes stopped on it and a smile crossed over his face. He plucked it from the shelf and walked over to the shopkeeper who laughed when he saw which book it was. "That one? But you read it six times!" "Yeah I know! But I can't help it! Daring swords and princes and princesses getting together! It's one of my favorites!" The man laughed at the young boys expression and shook his head. "Alright alright! How about I give it to you?" He said with a smile, the young males eyes widened and a smile crossed over his face.

((OOC: Sorry got carried away ^^'...))

Deep within the borders of the forest, the sun's rays barely reached. Though it was only morning, the castle stood in shade of late afternoon. Around the castle lingered a persistent mist; it always seemed to be there, no matter the weather. As if to further darken the interior, heavy curtains were drawn over most windows; there were empty rooms with curtains torn or ripped down along with their metal support, and windows clouded or smashed to pieces. Inside the castle there was only a dull flicker of candle light, the ceiling lustres long since left unused. Were there no candles and fire cackling in a single fireplace in the den, the castle would surely seem empty, lifeless. But indeed there still was life in the castle, however slow it had got, however quiet it seemed nowadays.

Why right then two figures met in the main foyer; and most curious, they were shaped as objects rather than men. One was a candelabra, known as Lumiere, the other Cogsworth the clock. And the clock spoke with a mild sense of panic, as if something was off in his schedule and he did not like it one bit. If someone had walked in to the scene they would have surely thought themselves mad. But that scene was quite common if one lived in the enchanted castle, so there was no surprise when a teapot joined the duo, the plump Mrs Potts, exclaiming in a warm, if a bit worried voice: “He’s not in the East Wing.”

“Catastrophe! He’s gone missing,” Cogsworth paled, if clocks could pale. The candelabra patted Cogsworth’s clock shoulder good-naturedly, seemingly quite calmer than the clock and the teapot.

“My friends, I’m sure it’s nothing,” he wrapped his candlestick hands around the enchanted objects he called friends. “Perhaps the Master is outside, hunting!”

“Are you rhyming at a moment like this?” Cogsworth breathed, his cheeks reddening. “Mrs Potts, is he rhyming? Hold me, I’m gonna smack him–”

“He’s not in any of the sixty rooms,” Lumiere reasoned, tactfully moving away from the raging clock. “Where else could he be?”

(That's okay- not much happening on my end yet, anyway ;;)

The bookshop keeper smiled back when he saw the young male wave a good bye. As soon as he got out of the bookshop he opened the book up and begin to read. He walked past people and dodged some kids who were chasing a dog. Laughter and merriment filled the streets, unknown to him a big well built man was walking with his lackey.

This man was wanted by all the woman and even some men. But however he had his eyes set on a long blond haired beauty. He grinned in a cocky way putting his arm around his shorter and much rounder lackey. "There he is! The boy I will marry! He would make a fine bride-groom don't you think?" He laughed in a slightly loud manner, his lackey nodding his head.

"Yeah but why would you choose him? I mean you can have anybody you want Gaston!" He said in an admiring kind of way which only added to the man's over sized ego. He laughed once more and strutted over towards Joel who was weaving in and out of people. When the man took a short cut through a back alleyway he ended up in front of the younger male who was almost out of town.

"Hello Joel.." He said in soft type of voice, he eyed the boy before said boy answered him. "Good morning Gaston..." The big strong looking male took the book from Joel's hands and flipped through it. The blond looked at the raven, he huffed and placed one hand on his hip while the other tried to grab the book back. "Can I please have me book back?" He asked with irritation showing quite well in his voice.

Gaston just laughed lightly at the blonds failed attempts at getting his book back, "How can you read this? There are no pictures!" Joel rolled his light blues. "Well some people have something that I would like to call imagination..." His voice still held an irritated tone to it. The larger man then shook his head. "Joel you should get your head out of the books and focus on something more important..." He then tossed the book over his shoulder which landed in the mud.

The blue eyed boy frowned slightly and walked around him bending down and picking up the book, wiping the mud from it. "Like me for example!" The boy rolled his eyes once again. God this man was getting on his nerves. "Because you know... What the town is saying about you?" The blond looked at him and shook his head. "No... What are they saying about me?" "Their saying that it's not normal for a young man like yourself to keep reading because well... You would start to get idea's and thinking..."

Joel really wanted to say, something that would scar the man's ego but bit his tongue. But he just said, "Well your positively open minded Gaston.." That only made the man grin widely thinking he had a chance. "Well thank you Joel! Now how about me and you go down to the pub and look at my trophies eh?" Gaston said as he placed his hand on his shoulder.

The blond looked uneasy, "Maybe some other time... I have to get home and help my father..." "You mean crazy old Loon Alexander!" The well rounded man said laughing along with Gaston. Joel turned red in the face glaring at them both. "Don't talk about my father like that he's not crazy!" He hissed through his clutched teeth. The raven stopped laughing and hit his lackey upside the head. "Yeah! Don't call his father crazy!"

Just then a loud explosion was heard, causing Joel to turn and look in the direction of his house. "Father!" He ran away leaving behind two laughing men.

((Damn my post are long ^^' haha...))

A thunderous roar alerted the royal servants of their master’s coming. They fell into shuddering silence, sensing the Beast’s anger; what was it this time, not one of them knew. The heavy doors opened with a creak, letting through the master of the castle. His towering form cast a long shadow across the marble floor; the rush of wind had put out a couple of candles, only painting the shadows eerier.

“Master! You’re ba- ack-” Cogsworth’s toppled over half-sentence as the Beast moved over them in long strides. Growling but one simple instruction (“Don’t bother me”) the Beast disappeared up the stairs leading into the West Wing, presumably to rest. Mrs Potts returned to the kitchen to alarm her fellow dishes not to wander around the castle; the master was safe and back inside, and the master did not wish to be disturbed. Better to stay near the cupboards for now.

Lumiere stayed in the main foyer, having dragged a very unhappy Cogsworth up on a nearby table. They would find a topic to discuss, then probably have their conversation become an argument of furious whispers and flying curses. Through their disagreements, the candelabra and the clock were very near the best of friends.

And the Beast, well- he was back in his chambers, knocking over broken chairs and stepping over glass shards; his expression a painful grimace as he looked outside, saw only a blur of trees, then furiously drew the curtains back over the stained windows.

There was a warm glow illuminating the centre of the Beast’s room; supported on a cocktail table, carefully preserved beneath a glass bell was the enchanted rose. Slowly blooming, slowly wilting, counting the days until Kadan Rosena’s twenty-first birthday. The Beast neared it carefully, circled the table, kept his glaring eyes on the rose and its taunting beauty. There was a portrait somewhere in the room; ruined, as the Beast had dragged his claws over it. Kadan Rosena no longer existed, so the Beast thought, eyes still fixed on the rose. There was nothing left of Kadan in the world- and the castle, now it belonged to the Beast.

((ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧)

Joel runs the rest of the way home, when he got near the house he saw smoke coming from the basement. With wide blue eyes he opened up the double doors and ran inside. "Papa!" He then started coughing and heard coughing and curses. "Damn it! How in the hell did that happen!" He yelled out taking the barrel off of his waist.

"This things a piece of junk!" He hissed kicking it while shaking his head. The blonde sighed softly shaking his head. "But you always say that though..." Joel said softly watching his father circle the strange device. "I mean it this time Joel! This thing will never work!" He sighed and racked his oil stained fingers through his slightly graying hair. The younger male smiled softly at his father placing a hand on his shoulder.

"But it will work papa! I have faith in you... And I have faith that you'll win in tomorrows fair!" He tried to make his father see that giving up was not the way to go. The man looked at his son and humphed not believing his son's words of encouragement. The young blond sighed and tried again, giving him a smile once again. "And you'll become a famous inventor!" He laughed lightly which caused his father's eyebrows to raise slightly.

"You really think so?" "I always have thought so!" Joel's soft laugh sounded more like a giggle while his father grinned like there was no tomorrow. "Well what are we waiting for! Let's get to work then!" He laughed joyously as he slid back under his machine. "Hand me that screwdriver over there... And how was your trip into town?" The young blond looked beside him and picked up said tool and handed it to his father.

"Well I got a new book today... Father... Do you think I'm odd?" He asked in a very soft tone of voice looking away from his father who came out from under the machine. "My son odd?" He looked at him with these goggles that made his eyes look big. "What gave you that idea?" Joel sighed and looked right back at his father. "Oh I don't know... The fact is that I don't fit in around here... And there is nobody to talk to..." His father chuckled.

"Well what about that Gaston fellow? He sure is handsome!" That caused Joel to let out a bitter laugh. "Oh yeah he is handsome alright... He's rude and self centered and has a huge ego... He just isn't the one for me..." He frowned but when he heard his father laugh and a sound that surprised both of them. After his father got out from under the machine a log flew over his head and into a pile.

"It works!" The young blond said cheerfully, his father blinked a few times before laughing and hugging his son tightly. "Ahhaha! My boy it does work! It actually works! Go and step up Buttercup!" He shouted with joy. Joel ran out and set everything up for his father to leave. Before his father left he gave his son a huge hug before hopping on to his perch and clicked his tongue.

As the rode farther and farther away, Joel started to get a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach. Like something bad was going to happen.

((It's getting closer to them meeting! ^-^))

Hours passed; the Beast did not know how long he sat in silence, watching the rose. The light outside did not change. Often it was impossible to keep track of time within the castle’s walls. At last the Beast turned his gaze away and lingered around the room, uninspired as to what to do next. Exploring the castle did not bring him as much joy as it used to; most rooms had stayed closed for years, gathering layers upon layers of dust. The Beast stuck to his chambers, sometimes shuffling around aimlessly, sometimes sitting quietly, morosely pondering on his fate. If he felt sleepy he slept, if he felt hungry he ate- but there was no more excitement to anything he did, if ever there was. He fell into a loop, his actions only those of immediate need or urge; he had been a beast for a long time, and had no more use of human activities.

Yes, just thinking about how dull the air was made him sleepy, so he lay down for a nap.

If only he knew how much his life would change in just a couple of hours.

Alexander was shivering as he was going through the forest, he was looking at a map to see which way to go. "Hm... If we go this way then it would take us longer to get there but if we take this road... It would shorten our trip... No no.. that's not right!" He sighed and shook his head he folded up the map and he found that he came up to a crossroad.

One way looked cheerful and happy with green grass and looking lively while the other looked gloomy and harsh. Buttercup was leaning towards the happy trail but the graying haired man pulled on the rings and turned the horse towards the gloomy path. "No Buttercup! This way is a short cut!" He said as he made the horse go down the dark and deep forest.

The farther they went the darker the place got, the only light that was shining was from his lantern. Just then he heard a howl. The horse grew scared, "Where did you take us Buttercup?" The man asked before he heard a hungry growl and that spooked the horse even more causing it to run down a steep hill knocking the man off. He went tumbling down the hill and his back hit an iron gate. The scared horse fled leaving the poor man alone, just be for the wolves moved down to attack he some how manged to get behind the gate dropping his straw hat in the process.

It just started to rain and he was getting soaked. He scrambled up to his feet and ran to the doors banging on them,"Help Help! Is somebody in there!" He yelled out banging on the doors some more until they opened up on their own. He then took a small step forwards and looked around. The door slammed behind him causing him to jump. He looked around and walked up to the table. "Hello? Hello?" He called out. Jeez how was he going to get to the fair now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joel was sitting in the sitting room by a nice fire sipping on some tea, a worried look was crossing over his face. He just hoped that his father got to the fair safely. Boy oh boy if only he knew....

Lumiere had nearly fallen asleep listening to Cogsworth go on and on about the chores that needed to be done around the castle, because they hadn’t been done in ages and quite honestly, no one really cared to do them any more-

“Wait- hear that?” Lumiere waved his candle hand in front of the clock’s face, shutting him up for a moment. “Someone’s knocking!”

“What? No no no, Lumiere, surely you’re imagining thi-” Cogsworth hiccupped as the loud knock repeated, sharing an alarmed look with the candelabra. “They’ll wake the master!”

“One way to make them stop banging on our door,” Lumiere made a series of motions, trying to get the doors to open. They did, though seemingly reluctant, as if they were not quite sure they should be letting a stranger inside. They closed again promptly, as if eager to get through with it quickly.

Lumiere eyed the visitor curiously; if anything, he had not expected an old man. “Old fellow must have lost his way in the woods,” he whispered to Cogsworth. The clock replied with a sense of urgency in his whisper: “Keep quiet! Maybe he’ll go away.”

But Lumiere couldn’t, even through more of Cogsworth’s warnings (“Not one word, Lumiere. Not one word!”). He was looking at the clock pleadingly, like a child who had just found a lost puppy. “Oh Cogsworth, have a heart.”

“Shush shush shhhh!” Cogsworth made an attempt to shut the candelabra up by putting his hand over the other’s mouth; Lumiere responded by touching his lit candle hand to the clock’s hand, producing a very much desired result. “Ow ow ouch!”

“Of course, sir, you are welcome here,” Lumiere called to their guest, happy to play his role as a servant because he just hadn’t had a chance in so long- Cogsworth glared after him, trying to soothe his burnt hand and no doubt disapproving of his friend’s actions. Somewhere in the West Wing, the Beast snorted in his sleep, but did not wake.

Alexander jumped once again and looked around to see who was talking. He raised a gray eyebrow up and picked up the 'candlestick' still looking around for the person who was talking. "Who said that?"

He asked in a slightly timid voice, he then felt movement in his hand and dropped the candlestick on the ground an awed expression spread across his face. "Incredible!" He said in an very excited voice wondering how a candlestick can talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joel had a frown on his beautiful face, he was starting to get very worried. For reason's unknown to him he just didn't feel quite right.

”Now you’ve done it, Lumiere. Splendid, just peachy–” Cogsworth was intent on having the old man turn around and leave. But fate would have it quite differently; there had to be a trigger to set future events in motion and the old man was key to it. After some unpleasantries, mostly on Cogsworth’s part, Lumiere happily invited the old man to come warm himself by the fire. “And call for Mrs Potts, would you?” Lumiere sent word through the castle, leading the old man into the den, a panicking Cogsworth rushing after them.

There was a sudden commotion in the castle; after all, there had been no visitors in years, so they had been caught by quite a surprise. Enchanted objects shuffled around, excited, apparently forgetting for a moment that their master was just upstairs, a light sleeper with his sharp beastly senses, and that it would not take much at all to wake him up-

“Oh, no, not the master’s chair,” Cogsworth was near desperate, clasping his hands over his eyes as Lumiere let, just let the old man sit there like it was nothing, and a footstool rushed past him, barking up a storm. Chaos, Cogsworth thought, chaos!“I’m not seeing this- I’m not seeing this!”

The Beast grunted, shifted, still half-asleep- but sensing something off downstairs, something uncommon. Voices? Did he not instruct that no one disturb him? Was there a reason for such a commotion, such unnecessary, loud-

The Beast blinked, his eyes open and alert. He concentrated on the sounds and frowned in the darkness of his chamber. Then, slowly, he stood and moved across the room, opened the door and started out into the long corridor. An unfamiliar scent reached him; a human scent mixed with pine and rain. There was a stranger in his castle; and oh, he would regret waking up the Beast.

“All right, this has gone far enough,” Cogsworth still tried drawing attention to how wrong this was, how dangerous it was. “I’m in charge here and–” Interrupted, yet again, the clock was run over by a teacart, Mrs Potts on it, ready with hot tea.

“Mrs Potts, you’re a life saver,” Lumiere was glowing with glee. “Just in time, just in time!”

The teapot smiled up at the old man (“How would you like a nice spot of tea, sir?”), ignoring Cogsworth’s disapproving “No! No tea!”

Nearing the den, the Beast had become angry, very angry at the prospect of having an unwelcomed guest served by his servants. He slammed the doors open, casting a glance over the room
; Lumiere the candelabra was taken aback as his flames and the fire in the fireplace went out, Cogsworth the clock dived in a desperate search for cover and, ah, Mrs Potts was shaking, obviously alarmed by the Beast’s entrance.

Serves them right, the lot, doing something like this without his approval.

“There’s a stranger here,” the Beast growled, sniffing the air once for good measure. Yes, the smell of human, an old man, and the smell of pine needles and rain. And something else; horse hair (perhaps the old man had come on horseback) and a gentle scent, like a memory of the day before. The Beast didn’t think to ponder on it. Lumiere was trying to talk his way out of a punishment he knew was coming. The Beast shut him up with a loud growl, putting out his flames again. Fun, fun.

“Master, I’d like to take this moment to say- I was against this from the start,” Cogsworth crawled out from under a rug, opening his mouth as if he thought the Beast cared for his excuses. “I tried to stop them, but would they listen to me? No, no–” Another growl drowned out the clock’s endless prattle and the Beast stood tall, squinting down at the old man.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?!”

(Whew ;; hope you don't mind me skipping through some of the conversation .o.)

Alexander moved back farther into the chair as he stared at the... Thing before him. His old aged blue eyes stared at this... Monster. "I w-was lost in the woods and..." He tried to say it as calmly as he could. He was terrorfied! He tried to look away but couldn't this creature was just so scary. 'I just hope that I'll be able to Joel again...' He thought as he shivered due to him being cold, wet and from the fear that was there.

((It's fine and Joel will be coming in soon~ ^-^ and then that's when the real fun begins... sorry if my reply is short.))

The Beast advanced, clearly stating how the old man was not welcome in the castle. His tiny, scared eyes irritated the Beast; he was staring, staring at his hideous form, came to laugh at him-

“He needs a place to stay, does he?” the Beast reached for the old man, picking him up easily. “I’ll give him a place to stay!”

The enchanted objects did not try to argue; they knew they could do nothing to soothe their masters’ anger. Not yet, at least. The wound was fresh, the Beast thought he was being ridiculed, defied, and it made him angry.

There was only one place where the Beast would have the old man stay; and that was in the dungeons. He locked the man in and stalked away, furiously knocking over furniture on his way back to his chambers. This had to be done, yes, because he could not possibly let the man go and tell the tale of a beast in an enchanted castle. No, that was much too dangerous. But what would he do with the man? The Beast grunted; the man was old, perhaps he would die soon and so he wouldn’t have to worry about it. Until then the servants would probably bring him food, kind-hearted as they were.

The Beast clutched at his chest, nearly hurt himself as he clawed through the fur; he would not show weakness! The old man brought it on himself, trespassing, intruding, disturbing his sleep. This was the Beast’s castle and he decided who went in and who stayed out. If he hadn’t that much, his authority as the master of the castle, he truly had nothing left.

Gaston was standing outside of the cottage where Joel lived and looked at the band and his lackey. "Haha! Oh boy is Joel going to get a surprise of his life huh Gaston!" He said in a very excited voice. "Yup. This is his lucky day!" He chuckled and let a branch hit his lackey's face. He then turned to the people who were already gathered for his wedding.

"Thank you all for coming to this wonderful occasion! Now all I need is to get the guy!" Everybody started laughing at what he had just said. He then turned to his lackey and smiled in a cocky kind of way. "Now when Joel and I come out that door-" "Oh I know I know! Strike up the band!" He then started to have to music play only to have his head being hit.

"Not yet!" He said through gritted teeth. Joel was sitting on his soft chair reading his new book to get his mind off of the horrible feeling that he was feeling earlier. Until a knock on the door interrupted his quiet time. He got up slowly and placed his book on the table. He flicked some of his blond hair over his shoulder as he peeked through the looking device and groaned lowly when he saw Gaston.

He opened the door and looked at him with a forced smile, "Gaston what a pleasant surprise..." He huffed out feeling irritated already. "Isn't it though? You know I'm full of surprises Joel, there isn't anybody in this town who would be more then happy to be in your shoes. This day..." He stopped and licked his teeth and checking out his reflection. "This day is when your dreams come true..." He chuckled which caused the blond to raise an eyebrow.

"How would you know about my dreams?" He asked with a suspicious kind of voice, the raven haired male smirked as he sat down on the chair that Joel was sitting in a few minutes ago. He then puts his mud covered boots on top of Joel's book. He kicked off his boots and wiggled his toes. "A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife, massaging my feet, while the little ones play with the dogs." Joel scrunched up his face his blond eyebrow twitching in irritation.

"We'll have six or seven." Gaston went on but Joel stopped him. "Dogs?" The man laughed at the blond's confused face. "No strapping young lads like myself!" Joel picked up his book and wiped the dirt off of it and placed a book mark in it and placing it on a shelf. "But Gaston... I'm a male... And your a male... We can't have kids..." He said lowly hopping that it would make him change his mind.

But the man stood up and walked over towards him, pinning him against the wall. "Well we can work around that... But do you know who the little wife would be?" He asked causing the blond to look at him with a look. "Who?" "You Joel... Say you'll marry me?" Said blond ducked under his arms and ran towards the door. But once again he was pinned there. "Well Gaston I'm flattered... But.. I'm afraid I'm not that good for you..." Before the man could answer, Joel opened the door and caused the man to tumble out and into the mud.

A few minutes later his shoes came flying out and landing on his back. Gaston's lackey laughed as he saw him in the mud. "So I see it didn't go to well!" He laughed which caused the man to grab him by the throat and glare heatedly at him. "Joel will be mine if its the last thing I'll do!" He hissed before pushing him in the mud and walking away.

After a few long minutes Joel opened his door and looked around looking to see if the close was clear and when it was he went out and fed the farm animals and took a short walk after that. Before he could sit down on the green grass of the valley his horse Buttercup ran up with a frantic nah. After Joel calmed the horse down. He felt like his worst fears where confirmed.

Something horrible happened to his father, after he detached the carriage he rode off in to the woods. It didn't take long for him to come across a castle. He got off his horse and saw his father's hat on the ground. His blue eyes widening. "Papa..." He spoke softly walking over and picking up the hat. His horse bucking up like something scared her. "Easy girl! Shh..." He patted her a few times calming her down before he walked forwards and entered the castle calling out for his father.

The Beast enjoyed a nearly pleasant morning out, hunting; running through the forest in his response to his feral nature (there was no hope of changing back, so why fight it?), he had all but forgotten about the old man locked up in his dungeon. The terrain felt embracing under his paws, muddy at times or soft with grass, or hard and rocky, but slick with last night’s rain. The Beast stuck to the parts of the forest covered in mist, but an occasional sun ray penetrating the shadows was most welcome, if a bit strange. He could smell the dirt, the plants; other animals, wandering through the forest as he was. The day smelled of promise, though promise of what, the Beast did not know. He hoped it was the winter chill and that perhaps there would be snow soon.

“Couldn’t keep quiet, could we? Just had to invite him to stay, didn’t we?” Cogsworth hadn’t got over last night’s events and kept getting back into discussion with Lumiere. “Serve him tea, sit in the master’s chair, pet the pooch!”

“I was trying to be hospitable,” Lumiere noted dryly.

“Hospitable? What you did, what you all did was irresponsible,” Cogsoworth huffed. The two continued down the corridor and Cogsworth had to stop mid-sentence as an unfamiliar voice caught their attention.

“Did you see that?” Lumiere ran to the door, Cogsworth trailing after him; they poked their heads around the corner, watching, wide-eyed. “It’s a boy!”

“I know it’s a boy,” Cogsworth said smartly.

“Could it be? Could he be the one we have been waiting for, come to break the spell?” the candelabra hurried after the boy, a very confused clock hot on his trail.

“Wait- wait a minute!”

Luimere snuck over and behind the boy, motioning Cogsworth over to help him push the door to the tower where the old man was being kept. They creaked, sending through a soft chill.

Joel turned his head towards the sound and went over to investigate it. He saw that it was a door that opened and that there was stairs. His curiosity got the better of him, he walked in and pulled his light brown cloak closer to him. "Papa? Papa?" He moved down slowly unsure if he should continue or not but pushes on anyways.

He saw a torch on a nearby wall and picked it up carrying it with as he went down lower. "Hello? Is somebody here? Wait! I'm looking for my father!" He rushed down the steps after the figure he saw but it was gone. He was unaware of the wondering eyes watching him. Joel bit his bottom lip fear was taking over. "That's funny, I thought somebody was here... I-I-Is anybody here?" His voice shook slightly as he moved the torch around but stopped when he heard his father calling out to him.

"Joel?" The young blond gasped and rushed over towards his father's cell a look of worry and relief washed over his face. "Oh Papa!" He bent down and looked at his father a soft smile graced his face. His father reached up and touched his son's beautiful face. "How did you find me?" He asked in a weary voice. The blue eyed youth gasped as he felt how cold his father's hands were. "Oh, your hands are as cold as ice. We have to get you out of here." The man shook his head weakly all he thought about was his son's safety.

"Joel... I want you to leave this place..." Joel shook his head giving his father a look that said not with out you. "Who did this to you?" His voice was slightly laced with anger, how can somebody so cruel lock up an old man. The elderly man shook his head giving his son a frantic but stern look. "No time to explain... You must go... Now!" The blond shook his own head once again. "I won't leave you!" His voice held no room for argument. Just then a cold draft came in causing the young boy to shake slightly.

His day had started out better than expected, so the Beast supposed, but it had been too good to be true. If he had known how much trouble the old man would bring him, he would have thrown him out yesterday; left him to the wolves, if nothing else. The Beast certainly hadn’t thought that someone would have come looking for the old man; and if he had, he would not have imagined it to be his son.

It was cruel, in a way. Kadan Rosena, whose father had left on his own accord, never thought to go and look for him. The Beast on the other hand would have probably thrown the king in the dungeons, just as he did with someone else’s father.

He caught the scent first; another stranger, so soon after the first. Why was the castle so intent on letting them in, the Beast did not know. He grimaced, following the scent up to the tower, cursing how fresh and gentle it was; whoever this other uninvited guest was, they smelled of fresh grass and- and something delightful and warm. It was the scent that the Beast had caught yesterday, still lingering on the old man. He had dismissed it then, but knew what it was now.

The Beast reached the top of the tower, anger flashing in his eyes at the sight and sound of desperation; of promise that the son would not leave without his father. Well, not if the Beast could help it! He grabbed the boy by his shoulder and whipped him around; but the Beast took pause then, staring into the ridiculously beautiful boy before him. Just for a moment, he was Kadan, and he was delighted at having discovered something – someone so wondrous. But then the Beast growled and stood tall to intimidate, and demanded loudly: “What are you doing here?”

Joel gasped out as he felt himself being turned around so forcefully, this caused him to drop the torch he was holding making the fire die out. He was terrified, he backed up slowly, fear was stretched across his face. "Run, Joel!" The elderly man shouted looking at his sons froze still back, he knew he was scared. He just needed his son to get away like now!

"Who's there? Who are you?" He asked in a semi-brave tone of voice, there was no way in hell he was going to leave his father here with some crazy person! His blue eyes however showed that he was indeed scared out of his mind but at the same time they held a fire in them. He was not going to run away.

The Beast let out a low growl, “I am the master of this castle.” There was something in the boy’s eyes that the Beast could not quite place; there was fear, yes, but also something pleading and a silent determination. He would not leave without his father. “Your father was trespassing, as are you. Leave now and I will not harm you; the old man, however, must remain here as my prisoner.”

It was a dreadful bargain, but the Beast could not afford to be soft. He was not quite certain why he would let the boy go in the first place, or if it was even what he intended to do. Perhaps the boy would offer himself instead. He certainly looked like the type to volunteer, the brat.

Now that was a thought. The Beast could use having someone pretty around; and he was growing tired of talking furniture anyway.

Joel bit his bottom lip, this thing was indeed quite scary... But his father... He heard a cough coming from behind him which caused him to look back at his father. "Can't you see he's sick! He could die!" His voice was firm but held a slight undertone of fear in it. He then looked back at the creature before him and an idea came up. He knew it wasn't a good one but at least he'll be able to save his father.

"There has to be a way that I can be... Wait! Take me instead!" His father's eyes widened at what his son had just said, "Joel! No! You don't know what your doing!" His voice was frantic and his aged old eyes held fear in them. The young blond shook his head at his father's words. He took a deep breath before talking again. "If I did... Will you let him go?" He asked in a timid voice. He would do anything if it meant that he could help his father out.

Ah. Much better. “Give me your word- promise that you will stay here forever and I will let your father go.” The Beast dragged first his legs, then his whole body into a beam of light, just barely reaching through a window. He wanted the boy to know exactly who it is that he would be staying with. If he still accepted, the Beast would make sure to keep his own promise.

Joel's eyes widened in shock and in fear, he stumbled back falling on his butt. He landed right in front of his father who looked at him with wide eyes, "No Joel! I will not let you do this!" Panic was raising in his voice making his son shake his head once more before he stood up slowly on shaky legs and dusted himself off.

After he had done so, he also stepped into the light showing the beast who he was talking to. When he stepped into the beam of light, which gave him an innocent look. "You have my word." He spoke in a slightly uneasy tone of voice.

”Done,” the Beast said promptly, not giving the boy a chance to change his mind. He moved over to unlock the door of the cell, immediately grabbing the old man to drag him away. There was a palanquin outside, which would take care of carrying the old man back to the vullage- or near it, anyway.

Through the old man’s protests, the Beast warned him how his son was “no longer of his concern”. Then he pushed the worried father into the palanquin and instructed it to take him away.

The enchanted palanquin shuddered with effort; it had been immobile for so long that it had to break the ivy holding it to the ground. Then it indeed moved on its own, handles bending down as legs, and slinked off like a spider. The Beast did not spare a moment to look after it, but turned on his heel and went back upstairs.

Lumiere the candelabra was still at his post, a bit shocked by the Beast’s impulsive behaviour; he had not quite imagined that the situation would turn out like this. He shook his head, then hurried after the Beast, calling shyly: “Master?”

As expected, the Beast turned on him with an angry “What?” Irritated yet again, by his own actions or another’s.

“Since the boy is going to be with us for quite some time,” Lumiere coughed uncomfortably. “I was thinking you might offer him a more comfortable room.”

The Beast growled, but gave it a thought. Well, why not? He watched Lumiere squirm under his gaze before entering the cell again, where he’d left the boy.

Joel sat in the cell crying, his shoulder's were shaking, his hands were covering his face. He wasn't able to get a word out to his father... When he heard somebody enter the cell he removed his hands from his face, looking up at the beast. "You didn't even let me say good-bye. I'll never see him again... I didn't get to say good-bye..." His voice was slightly shaky and wavering. Even more tears fell down from his blue eyes.

The Beast paused, watching the boy carefully. Something about the way he said it and the way he looked at the Beast; there was something that made Kadan aware again, if only briefly. Perhaps he had acted harshly towards this fragile boy.

“Come on- I’ll show you to your room,” the Beast said, then grunted when he caught Lumiere’s stupid smiling face. It was a small kindness, so what? “Unless you’d prefer the tower, of course.”