• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marygrace94

• Tsetsua

• Black Rose

• MaterTenebraum

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'd hate to recommend average anime in this thread. I would not do it with the hopes of pleasing anyone passing by, but with the secret sadism of introducing new people to different experiences... that are often not meant for anyone, I must add. But I'll consider this as some sort of community service, by providing examples of unwanted new points of view.

1.- Revolutionary Girl Utena.

If there's truly one life-changing anime I can name, it should be this one. Almost all characters in this show are queer. There's also a lot of strong and unexpected criticization of sexism and patriarchy. Cannot guarantee that you'll be able to understand after watching for the first time.

Group_12.png

2.- Berserk.

Nobody is ever prepared for the content of this manga. It takes violence to whole new level of emotional pain and anger, and it's a constant nightmare from which you cannot possibly wake up from. Numbskulls praise Berserk for its "mindless gore and violence", but as someone who has actually read the whole damn thing, I can assure you that the fight scenes should be the least of your concerns. It contains a visceral amount of sexual violence (on both genders), emotional trauma that you cannot shake off, and a lot of terrible, unforgivable things. Berserk does not romanticize such aspects, but instead it truly makes them seem as horrifying as they are, making it clear that evil doesn't have any boundaries when it comes to humans. In order to read Berserk, one should be mentally prepared, at least with some strong criticism towards sensitive themes.

berserk.jpg

3.- Neon Genesis Evangelion.

An exemplary deconstruction of the mecha genre. A great middle-fingering towards the ill minds of otaku's culture in Japan. Such an irony this is one of the most exploited fandoms from anime. Regardless of this, the original anime does have the efficient attributes to cause an impact on its viewers. This anime is not recommended for idiots.

Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Quotes.jpg

4.- Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

This anime took many by surprise. It certainly wasn't what it seemed, and it turned out to be a very well done deconstruction of the magical girl genre. Plot twists and emotional trauma galore, thus destroying all you previously took for granted. Again, do not let it within the reach of idiots.

madoka_magica_feat.jpg

• 2 years later...

The most awesome ones' has been already mentioned besides Tokyo Ghoul btw the order is just random!

1.The Vision of Escaflowne (this anime was the only reason why i've watched MTV back then)

2.Rurouni Kenshin (one of my fav characters but i prefer the OVA’s more which are so sad)

3.Mōryō no Hako (sometimes confusing you really can’t skip any part XP but it's still good)

4.Brave 10 (just Hot XD)

5.Hakuōki Series (So much Samurainess and Hotness)

6.Gugure! Kokkuri-san (disturbing and funny)

7.Inu X Boku SS (so hilarious you should read the manga too.. unfortunately the Mangaka died at a very young age RIP T_T)

8.Fullmetal Alchemist (man this made me almost cry)

10.Danna ga nani wo itteiru ka wakaranai ken (3 minutes full of weirdness XD)

11.Kuragehime (really interesting and funny)

12.Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun (just LOL even the special episodes are worth to watch)

13.Psycho-Pass (has an authentic and interesting protagonist)

14.Noragami (sounds ridiculous but this anime taught me not to judge stuff right away)

15.Death Parade (pfft i've forgotten to list one of my fav's XD)

The list is actually very long =_=

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Fullmetal Alchemist (both 2003 and Brotherhood)

Ayashi no Ceres

Gilgamesh

Fushigi Yuugi

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Night Head Genesis

Serial Experiments Lain

Akazukin Chacha

Karneval

hack://SIGN

Accel World

Akage no Anne

Konnichiwa Anne