Japan wonderland ~1.Onsens~

miyahara_sama

I want to start this series of threads about Japan since i'm really attached to this country.

Let's face it...Japan is a wonder,and i'm not talking only about the geographical Japan but also of the perfect combination that you can find there between their beautiful culture and traditions that were kept through the passing time and the modern influences that have caught roots there.

In this threads i want to concentrate on all the beautiful things you can find there and i'll start with...

Onsens 温泉

(温=warm and 泉=spring)

404114_467845776588552_1636460426_n.jpg

424597_464893606883769_1249133283_n.jpg

483077_523985914298049_65031498_n.jpg

You can find thousands of onsens in Japan with outdoor or indoor baths but why are they so fascinating?

I believe that is because by going to an onsen you get to relax,see beautiful landscapes and tend to your own health.

Onsens are a major tourist attraction and you can often find them in the countryside but there are some in the major cities as well.

The presence of an onsen is often indicated on signs and maps by the symbol or the kanji (yu=hot water). Sometimes the simpler hiragana character (yu) is used, to be more understandable.

onsen_map.jpg

Question:How many of you have gone or will go to an onsen?

• Like 8

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shirotsuki

• miyahara_sama

• Ava

:)

I haven't been there, Miyachan...

In my country there are "hot fountain"..

I don't like hot weather but of course my country is a really hot ones...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your wonderful pictures & useful details of Onsen!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha Miyahara-Sama

This reminds so much like a role-playing game.

-◄◄ Wow I was able to copy and paste. It's a Japanese Unicode symbol? what is the code/reading?

But like you said, it's a symbol on ever onsen sign?

Now I'm a sucker for these kind of things! I'm going to pause, open up my menu, see the map and find this symbol... hahaha then I'll go and have my health bar refilled!! ■■■■■□□

Revitalized! Very important, nee???

I think these things are very healthy for your mentality and spirituality. Bring it on, enlightenment! ^^;

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thanks for having started this thread!

An acquiantance of mine once visted an onsen in Arima. Apparently it's one of the older ones in Japan and is in the Hyogo Prefecture in Kobe City. He showed us some really beautiful pictures of the footpath that led up to the onsen and the surroundings. I could totally imagine relaxing there, but I heard that in some onsen they don't accept foreigners. Has anyone heard of that too, or is that just a mean rumor?

• 2 weeks later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
i asked a friend from Japan if that was true, and she said that she heard nothing about not accepting foreigners..but that some people don't speak english very good so maybe that can be a problem..but she too doesn't speak english very well so we may have misunderstood each other :p but i really see myself relaxing there one day :1onion52: can't wait to go to japan!

• 9 months later...