JLPT or Japanese-Language Proficiency Test

miyahara_sama

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbjOf1k-bfcv3t3T5SNQHEVpkFoVmBCmkzQESB5uPJlikNshZ9xw

The Japanese Language Proficiency Test (日本語能力試験 Nihongo Nōryoku Shiken), or JLPT, is a standardized criterion-referenced test to evaluate and certify Japanese language proficiency for non-native speakers.

The JLPT was expanded to five levels in 2010, with passing Level N5 denoting simple language abilities, and Level N1 denoting advanced language abilities. The test is held twice a year in Japan and selected countries (on the first Sunday of July and December), and once a year in other regions (on the first Sunday of December)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnG6uV2a47ikDvqGpnma214OuOx7LnAAmj7xXd1fJ8i5AYTI0Z

study materials for n5:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

study hard!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miyahara_sama

• chiakaiyuki

• moniqsasso

• OkiKiss

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

*huggles

Thank you so much. I'm sitting for JLPT's N5 coming December and these come in very handy!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The second link in the first post is dead. But anyways, these are nice though I haven't checked them out. You guys should check out

, it's a really detailed site though it's mostly for review more than studying/learning, unless you learn that way. I think on the JLPT site, they give you a few sample questions from each part of the test "grammar, hearing, vocab, kanji," all that jazz. The association also released workbooks for each level so that helps. They're relatively cheap, I think around $13 for the N4 one I was looking for last year.