Subs or No subs

BobCrazy

Movie With English Audio and English Subtitle: Yes or Not  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I already saw a lot of people saying that don't have a good english and normally who don't have a good "writing/reading" english don't have a good "listening" english too.

So I'm thinking this people watching a movie with the audio in english and without subtitles. I mean do you really understand what they are talking and what its really going on ??

Sometimes the subtitle can help us in this moment and thats why I create this poll.

Do you prefer watch a movie with subtitles in english even if the movie have the audio in english ??

(well depending of the result I will put a subtitle in the movies that I posted here before)

• Like 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sloan

• KatieMH25!

• BobCrazy

• KTgay

It will annoy me if it had a dubbing. I mean, most of the time, it's terrible! They lack the emotions and understanding of the characters. It should remain true to its original makers. And Subtitles, ABSOLUTELY! They should buy the movie if subtitles annoy them that much to at least show some support.

Original Audio.

Hardsubs for me.

:cuteonion48:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

well i would of said yes to subs if i was able to vote; although im an english speaking person, i use subs all the time to be able to understand what is being said (becoz sometimes i mishear words, idk why) so i use it on movies and on tv series too :)

• 1 year later...

I think most dubs ( and I thank them for dubbing don't get me wrong) don't keep the original intention behind expressions and phrasing from the original film. I like subs better.

• 2 years later...
I already saw a lot of people saying that don't have a good english and normally who don't have a good "writing/reading" english don't have a good "listening" english too.

So I'm thinking this people watching a movie with the audio in english and without subtitles. I mean do you really understand what they are talking and what its really going on ??

Sometimes the subtitle can help us in this moment and thats why I create this poll.

Do you prefer watch a movie with subtitles in english even if the movie have the audio in english ??

(well depending of the result I will put a subtitle in the movies that I posted here before)

actually there is no problem with that. For me, the problem is only translating, I don't understand what they're saying and what s/he write. (eg; jp movie, manga, etc) we need translation into english