Which are your favourites movies made after a book?

robertita

I prefer books, any day.

Then again, "Gone Girl" is one movie that blew me away. Though the movie doesn't even scratch the surface of the book. The way the movie is made and the performances are simply superb!

"Perks of being a Wallflower" is another amazing movie that does full justice to the book.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rhye_Meow

• toby2663

• sakura_no_sono

• alexia__

Uhm... I really liked Gone Girl and The fault in our stars... I think they completely follow the books and are also very nice! ^^

I usually like the books much better therefore many movies I've seen after reading the books were disappointing.

Some on the other hand were brilliant.

My favourites are the 'Harry Potter' movies.

If series would count, I'd also mention 'Game Of Thrones'.

• 9 months later...

For me books win hands down, but there are some adaptations that I thought were quite good.

Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell (nobody can beat the chemistry between Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh^^)

North and South by John Jakes

Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie (the one from 1978 with Sir Peter Ustinov)

• 1 month later...

Harry Potter- they manged to keep the importants stuff in the film and they mad a good job and kept it interesting with the people in it and good casting.

Lord of the rings- Everything is not perfect but when you read the books there is so mutch bla bla bla and PJ did a good job and kept the middle Earth feelings in all three films. Im a huge Lotr fan.

Maze runner - The film is actually better, some characters felt like a bunch of dushbags but the film made them nicer and more likeable .

Howls moving castle - this film is better than the book. Love this film, the book is very good but it does have a few thing that feels weird. Dont you meet Howls sister in the book, or some other family member...?? dont remember.