Which are your favourites movies made after a book?

robertita

There are a lot of movies made after a book so which one is your favourite?

I like so many but my favourites are Gone by the wind made after Margaret Mitchell's book and A walk to remember made after Nicholas Sparks book.

What about you?

• Like 1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rhye_Meow

• toby2663

• sakura_no_sono

• alexia__

Manhunter with Brian Cox as Hanibal Lector and Before Night Falls with Javier Bardam playing the role of Reinaldo Arenas.Both are excellent films and two of my favorite adaptions from books

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Lord of the Rings trilogy , hands down. I love all the books Tolkien has written and the movies Peter Jackson directed are just incredible. I can only hope that on December 19th The Hobbit will also join my list ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A couple of my favorites are To Kill A Mockingbird, the 1962 adaptation of Harper Lee's classic novel, and the 2010 adaptation of True Grit (Coen brothers film) based on the book by Charles Portis. ^^

• 2 months later...

The most stories which were books earlier are movies now, but I have bed luck about it :( My love book "Count the Mount Christo" has many movies version, but I think any isn't good T_T

But 'Three musceterss" which I like too have amazing movie version from 1974 *.*

Hunger Games trilogy! X)

cant w8 this November for the movie Catching Fire. . :) :)

@

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
^,^ the count of monte cristo is quite good even though i haven't read the book yet :D, . .i heard they have revised the movie from its original story. . .

• 1 month later...

Harry potter but Hogwats in my imagination is far different than the movie, I wonder why? Then there's Sherlock Holmes, Lol R.D Jr.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LOTR Trilogy and Harry Potter, off course. Tho I kinda dissappointed with Harry Potter movies, but overal are fun to watch.

Oh, and James Patterson's Alex Cross series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have not YET seen a movie that was adapted from novels that would make it to my list. They all were terrible. Books are always better. Hands down. Books allow you create ideas and your own world whereas movies limit that creativity.

Most of the time, I see movies and had no idea there were novels before then.. so I probably saw quite a few.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Dracula (1931)

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (19...70...something?)

Naked Lunch (199...uhhh, it had Peter Weller [Robocop] in it)

Mad Love (193...2? With Peter Lorre and Frances Drake. I am bad with years)

~Megs

• 1 month later...

Howl's Moving Castle (Hayao Miyazaki did a great job, it was even nominated for awards that year)

Hunger Games( Great movie but the book is better)

Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned(Again, great movie but the book is better)

Beautiful Creatures( The movie totally sucks)

Mr. And Mrs. Smith & Tomb Raider (Great book and movie, I have little to complain about.)

Harry Potter (Great movie if you didn't read the book. After reading the book, the movie suddenly lay got a lot of room fro improvements and ton of things you want to complain about, like cutting too many scene and decreasing the character)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I fight the urge to pick a favorite because usually the producers don't follow the books correctly and it gets me mad leaving the best facts out >.

And most recently "The Maze Runner" and yes they did leave out a lot of stuff from the book. But the movie was super good.

• 2 months later...