do u like Yaoi or BL Manga or Anime Because hot sex or the awesome storyline plots?

현애

I usually Like both but I like having a storyline more just having PWP. I especially like yaoi that is long and has a really engaging story

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ero Gaki

• prince yuu

• Ginger

• HiroRu

I like the plot but if the sex is there I guess it's part of the plot for example if the uke is cheating on his Seme and it shows Seme-a and Seme-b (a= ukes real Seme) arguing uke-a has to help them out but confessing or something and that's the main arguement so both are very important

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely because of the awesome storyline plots. I also read the novels. Not just manga or anime.In fact I don't watch yaoi anime much. I prefer the novel cause I like to know what they're thinking. Actions and drawing couldn't simply convey those feelings.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the journey that gets the characters into bed eventually, if there is love making in the anime/manga. If I don't like the plot or the characters, I won't stick around for them to get intimate, there is GV for that.

For me personally, it's a case of the mood I'm in.

Sometimes I just wanna read some smut

rabbit16

BUT in general I tend to not like manga if the plot is crap, regardless of it's its yaoi or otherwise.

My friends think I read yaoi because of the hot sex, which is true, but it's not the only reason. I like yaoi because of the storylines and the drawings. These aspects are really important to me and depending on them I decide if I read a manga or not.

• 1 month later...

of course i would say both.,,choosing one between the two is like asking which is more important "a bird's right wing or it's left wing?"....lolz....:hamtaro-005 (6):

I would say both, because I like a slow romance/a solid story line. The latter is just as important, but I prefer a good story. (cliche ones are welcomed as well). ^^

• 2 weeks later...

A yaoi manga with just smex scenes in it is like a one-night stand. (pardon my description u.u) Good, fun but can be easily forgotten. A BL with just a cute plot is like your high school puppy love. It'll leave you wishing you could have at least done something.

I want a story that has both aspects that will first let you linger in its feels then shatter you in the end. *nods*

to be honest i mostly read yaoi mangas because of sex scenes [i feel kinda like a pervert admitting that] and because of that i'm more into one shots. a stupid storyline wouldn't be a problem in a one shot but it definitely is unbearable after 2 or 3 chapters.

i'm not really into romance and love things, so even a good storyline with just a good romance wouldn't be that appealing to me. add lot's of comedy to it and i would definitely love it. as i feel about sekai-ichi hatsukoi and junjou romantica.

artwork can play a great role too. the only reason i like akiyama-kun is because of akiyama's look. the story in my opinion doesn't have anything special to it.

and as for anime i think we really don't have that much of choice. so i think as for anime nothing matters at all. i would give everything a chance i guess.