Movies

Yaoi Eater

I wanted to open a thread about movies, not necessary about asians movies because there are other threads about them but about movies that you like, that made you cry or laugh or inspired you...This idea came after today I watch a deeply touching movie about being homosexual. It's called Prayers for Bobby and it's about being gay in a religious family, gay angst and is filled with sadness...it made me cry a lot. I know that there is a thread called What would you do if your first child would fall in love with a person of the same gender, well the movie is highly related to this question. I sincerely recommend this movie because it would open your mind and your heart.

If you have other movies that you find being of quality, please share. Remember, they can be any kind of movies, but make sure you share your opinion :)

• Like 6

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amander123

• K

• yojichan

• Yaoi Eater

Thanks for starting this thread. It's a great topic! I will definitely look into Prayers for Bobby :)

This movie is called Pay it Forward and it is one of the most heart touching stories I've ever seen. This movie will bring you to tears! It's about an 11 year old boy who gets a school assignment to come up with a plan that will change the world for the better. He names plan "Pay it forward". Which is where the recipient of a favor does a favor for a third party rather than paying the favor back. Every time he does someone a favor, he asks that they do someone a favor as well and the end result is like pyramid. It has a lot of deep and meaningful themes throughout the movie and the ending will make you cry. I recommend it everyone

51MBYMW4DQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Like 4

I will say..."Farewell my Cubbonie" (bawang beiji...)

i won't say much...cause it reminds of my past obssession and very sad feelings, especially about Leslie Chung, the homosexual actor and his tragedy real life.

Let's see it and u can feel what i feel and cry like i used to!

• Like 3

Already saw Latter days :D Yeah, it's great cuz it involves the religious part too...indeed educative and touching. Thanks everyone for sharing movies, I'll make sure to watch them.

. .try to watch this: The Pursuit of Happyness (starring will smith)

Poster-pursuithappyness.jpg

. .a man who strives for survival, for the sake of his son

. .i was not able to watched this fully, but it really touched me

• Like 3

The Pursuit of Happyness was an amazing movie. I cried :( The life struggles he goes through while trying to give his son the best life he can offer. cloudykateechizen I definitely recommend finishing it :)

• Like 2

I've watched so many movies that made me cry and inspired me in so many ways. But I'll just post the most recent movie I've watched that just really, really impressed me so much and has become a favorite of mine. I love biographies. I love watching them and I love reading them.

This story of Ip Man - the man who practiced the martial arts Win Chu and who was Bruce Lee's mentor. I'm just totally amazed with this man. And I think Donnie Yen totally justified the character. He brings grace, nobleness, gentleness and strength and power to the character. I love it! I've watched the two parts and I'm about to watch Ip Man the Legend.

Awesome film!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0zfM4acxzpbr8Kl80CXoyA8Fu5oORzbtJlAyyk4rosiIYpYPS

• Like 3

One of my guy friends who is really interested in marshal arts also recommended IP Man to me as well. I've heard it was great. It's definitely on my list of movies to watch. I had actually forgot about it and you just reminded me about it lol. Arigatou yojichan :)

Oh you're most welcome, my dear.

I hope you will be able to watch it.

It's really quite the keeper. You might want to put that in your movie collection if you have one.

• Like 1

Oh you're most welcome, my dear.

I hope you will be able to watch it.

It's really quite the keeper. You might want to put that in your movie collection if you have one.

I am currently downloading it as I type this :) I will definitely add it to my collection :)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Thanks for starting this thread. It's a great topic! I will definitely look into Prayers for Bobby :)

This movie is called Pay it Forward and it is one of the most heart touching stories I've ever seen. This movie will bring you to tears! It's about an 11 year old boy who gets a school assignment to come up with a plan that will change the world for the better. He names plan "Pay it forward". Which is where the recipient of a favor does a favor for a third party rather than paying the favor back. Every time he does someone a favor, he asks that they do someone a favor as well and the end result is like pyramid. It has a lot of deep and meaningful themes throughout the movie and the ending will make you cry. I recommend it everyone

51MBYMW4DQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I love this one too

I recommend this:

Shaolin Soccer (CHN)

Collateral Beauty (USA)

A Beautiful Nightmare (KOR)

Violent Prosecutor (KOR)

The Voice of Murderer (KOR)

Detective K series (KOR)

Luck-key (KOR)

SORI - Voice from the heart (KOR)

Granny's got talent (KOR)

High or Hell Water (USA)

Hateful Eight (USA)

Change Up (USA)

A Beautiful Life (CHN)

• 5 years later...

The Lord of the Rings movie is the best and most fascinating movie I have ever seen 

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.