Which are your favorite books?

robertita

I was wondering which are your favourite books.

I like very much Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough.

• Like 3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsetsua

• iMarionette

• Orient

I'll admit Gone With The Wind is a favorite of mine. I also like the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton.

• Like 3

A series of unfortunate events by Lemony Snicket. hahaha

Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

• Like 2

Hello, everyone . Let me see.. there are so many books I like :) , but from the top of my head I'd say in 1st place Gregor and the prophecy of Bane. It made me cry so much. If u read it u'll fall in love w/ it. by Suzanne Collins, 2nd place The hunger games by the same author( only 1 st and last book) 2nd book just OK. 3rd place Mozart's sister by Nancy Moser, and in a 4th place I'd say A tale dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz just cuz of the twist it gives to Grimm's fairy tales.This is a really good nevella. :) These are some of my Fav. books. Books I love u so :hamtaro-005 (23):

• Like 1

I'll admit Gone With The Wind is a favorite of mine. I also like the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton.

I love the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series also, they are some of my favorite books. I love the 13th warrior By Michael Crichton (also titled Eaters of the dead), The Tortall series by Tamora Pierce such as the Song of the Lioness Quartet, The Immortals Quartet, and The Protector of the Small Quartet. I love the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, The Harry Potter series, The Time Travelers Wife, The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti, Jane Eyre.

I worked in a Library for 4 year so I have a lot of favorite books the list could go on for a while I'll stop there.

• Like 1

I love reading the Anita Blake Novels, they are scary, realistic and explicitly erotic .... :leaf3:

I also like reading books by Tamora Piearce but I only own the Immortals Quarlet series :cuteonion45:

My other favs include Night World, Secret Circle and Dark Visions series by L.J.Smith, Vampire Academy by Rochelle Mead, Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, Furies of Calderon series by Jim Butcher, the Belgarion series and books featuring Sparhawk by David Eddings, the psy-changeling series by Nalini Singh, The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R.Ward, Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Warriors of Poseidon series by Alyssa Day. I also like reading historical romances by Connie Mason and Karen Hawkins onionn6

• Like 2

Gosh books...okay, now let's see...I haven't read any new books in a while now. I want some BL novels XD

I love to read fantasy, so

Harry Potter (can't choose a favourite within the series)

His Dark Materials series - The Subtle Knife is my favourite book of the series

Lord of The Rings

A few Doctor Who novels.

Hero Of The Night - a children's book from a series called Diablo.

The Wolves - another children's book I read many years ago. I have no idea what the title is in English, so I just guessed.

Angels and Demons

Alex Rider series (again, can't decide a favourite within the series)

Like I said, I love fantasy, so if you want to recommend me your favourite books, please do so! I am in need of awesome epic stories. (:

• Like 1

Uff.. how many words do I have? loool...

Just my main authors, bec I have like 2 hundred fave books, loool.

Jane Austen - fave one_ Pride and Prejudice

Noah Gordon- The Doctor

The Brönte Sisters- Wuthering Highs / Jane Eyre

Perez Reverte ( Spanish)- Alatriste Captain

Alexandra Clare- Shadow Hunters

Ian McEwan- Atonement

Oscar Wilde- The picture of Doria Gray

And I could keep going on and on...loool....

• Like 1

Heh, I have several favourite ones, depending on my mood. I like to read books by Anne Rice, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Edgar Allen Poe, Paul van Loon ... Books of Sherlock Holmes, Drawing blood and Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite...

It all depends on my mood of the day LOL

• Like 3

Lauell K. hamilton, Kim Harrison, Merceds Lackey and Sherrilyn Kenyon. All them wright in a yaoi type. There is a lot of boys love in Anita Blake vampire hunter.

• Like 2

Wow - tough question.

I've always read a lot, it's genetic I think. There were always books around no matter which family member we'd visit. One aunt had piles of books all over the house that she's finished, another had books opened face down on the stairs to her bedroom, she'd stop on a stair and read a chapter, the next time a different stair, different book...

Favorite genres -

urban fantasy

military science fiction

scifi comedy

Favorite authors -

Charles DeLint

David Drake

Barbara Hambly

Douglas Adams

R.A. Salvatore

Favorite characters -

Colonel Alois Hammer from the Hammer's Slammers stories (Drake)

Exiled wizard Antryg Windrose from the Windrose Chronicles (Hambly)

Drow elf Drizzt Do'Urden starting with the Icewind Dale Trilogy (Salvatore)

Artist Jilly Coppercorn from all the Newford books - I like the Crow Girls, too(DeLint)

Favorite Books -

Moonheart - Charles DeLint

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Borderland - ed. by Terri Windling

The Stand - Stephen King

Svaha - Charles DeLint

and of course I'm still reading, so this can change and grow - I love stories :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gene Ganet,James baldwin,Tacitus,Cicero,Thomas Hardy, almost any sf/fantasy also murder and mystery.One of my all time favorites is Before Night Falls byReinaldo Arenas a cuban writer to name but a few

• Like 2

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Vlad: The Last Confession by C. C. Humphreys

Runemarks by Joanne Harris

Tessa in Love by Kate le Vann

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatricks

The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater

In Desert and Wilderness by Henryk Sienkiewicz

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison

Gordana (12books) by M.J.Zagorka (Croatian book)

...and lots of more but can't remember their names correctly ...

• Like 3

Hmm, this will have to be picking out my absolute favourites, because it is otherwise impossible for me to list all the books I love :3

There's
Poppy Z. Brite
at the very top, with her wonderful
Lost Souls
Drawing Blood
Exquisite Corpse
and the short stories collected in
Wormwood

Unfortunately, the first three are the only books I've been able to dig out at the local bookshops.
Wormwood
I had to order online; it wasn't easy finding a copy, but even the used book I got was well worth the money.

Juliet Marillier
is the most wonderful fantasy writer I have had the luck to find.
Wildwood Dancing
was an open window for me just when I needed it; that same year I got to read the entire
Bridei's Chronicles
. There was only
Son of the Shadows
available from the
Sevenwaters Trilogy
and so it remains to this day. Sometime later I also got to
Cybele's Secret
. Among all I have, there is no way I can single out a favourite.

Jonathan Stroud
simply charmed me with
The Bartimaeus Trilogy

The Demonata
and
Darren Shan Saga
, and recently
The Saga of Larten Crepsley
are some of the best teen vampire and demon books I have read. Though they were not 'seriously scary' as the warning in the back indicated, they were quite a lovely read. All by
Darren Shan

Nick Hornby
made a special impact with his
A Long Way Down
, as did
Miro Gavran
with his
Klara
. Hornby has a unique style of writing, probably first such book I encountered, though there have been similar attempts in point of view change. Hornby does it brilliantly. The story strikes a nerve, too. Gavran's
Klara
on the other hand probably makes it hard to breathe; did it for me, anyway.

Naturally, one does not simply forget
The Hobbit
or
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
and
Harry Potter
. Those are books that hold a special part in my heart, seeing as they basically made my whole childhood.
The Hunger Games
came some time later, but are equally important to every book that stands on my shelf.

I also enjoy poetry. Poe, Baudelaire, Joyce. Ujević.

Now I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Books on Mythology, drama, tragedy like
Prometheus Bound
and
Life is a Dream

I'll have to stop here, because picking out the absolute favourites isn't working out for me xD

• Like 2

Actually I love all the books in the BlackDaggerBrotherhood series by J.R. Ward ^^ I seriously die of bloodless every time I read them lol ^^

• Like 2

Peter V. Brett
's
The Painted Man
. I don't even know how that's not up there.

thanks for reminding me! I was meaning to read this years ago.

Right now I'm reading The Black Prism by BRENT WEEKS. I don't read so many books now, but Weeks is still one of my favorite authors. I recommend him if you like fantasy and strategy. His Night Angel Trilogy is amazing. ^^

• Like 4

thanks for reminding me! I was meaning to read this years ago.

Right now I'm reading The Black Prism by BRENT WEEKS. I don't read so many books now, but Weeks is still one of my favorite authors. I recommend him if you like fantasy and strategy. His Night Angel Trilogy is amazing. ^^

Hope you like it! I remember going near insane when I finished it and there was only an advertisement of a sequel for (I think was) two years later. Imagine my happiness when
The Desert Spear
came out

Checking out Brent Weeks right now :3

Staring at JongTae while the page loads.

• Like 2

immortals after dark series(kresley cole), blue bloods series(melissa dela cruz), hunger games trilog, harry potter and many more. oh and i like detective stories too.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

i like Shōgun,Noble House,Gai-Jin and Tai-Pan by James Clavell

Memoirs of a geisha by Arthur Golden

The Accursed Kings by Maurice Druon

All of the books of Alexandre Dumas...

The historian by Elizabeth Kostova

that's all i can remember right now ^_^

• Like 2