~Simple and Clean~

yin_yang_lover

Summary: Alexander has been crowned king and has his eye on taking his step-brother Kane and making him his Queen or consort. However, there is another man (Christen) who has his own eyes set on taking Kane and making him his Queen or consort. Who will win Kane's heart? Alexander? Or Christen?

Warning: This story contains some implied character death, violence, gore and Mpreg. If you don't like then don't read. Also I don't own the song or its lyrics...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you walk away

You don't hear me say,

"Please, oh baby, don't go."

Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go

You're giving me too many things

Lately, you're all I need.

You smiled at me and said,

"Don't get me wrong, I love you,

But does that mean I have to meet your father?"

When we are older you'll understand

What I meant when I said,

"No, I don't think life is quite that simple"

The daily things that keep us all busy

Are confusing me

That's when you came to me and said,

"Wish I could prove I love you,

But does that mean I have to walk on water?"

When we are older you'll understand

It's enough when I say so

And maybe some things are that simple

Hold me

Whatever lies beyond this morning

Is a little later on

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all

Nothing's like before~ Utada-Kingdom Hearts I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue~

You were my sun, and I was your moon. You were my stars, and I was your sky. We were made for each other. Your smile made everybody happy even when they were down. But all that I have left of you is your memory and our son. You should really see how beautiful he has became. He looks just like you darling. He has your smile, your soft pale skin. Your big aqua marine blue eyes. Your rose petal lips. And most importantly your beautiful silvery blond locks.

I stood beside the window watching our beautiful baby boy running around outside being chased by the fellow kingdoms son, laughing like there isn't a care in the world. Oh if only he knew the truth... I'm shielding him from the horrible outside world. I don't want our beloved son to know about the war that rages on outside of the castle wall's. I know I should have taught him how to sword fight but... I don't want to show him the violence. So instead I watch him run free.

I smile softly, his free spirit reminds me so much of you Elania... As a few more years have pasted on I have remarried. A woman as beautiful as you are, but not quite. She already had a child. He was a few years older then our beloved little prince. And now I stand beside the window once more over looking our garden and watching our son run through the different patches of flowers while my new queen's son was sword fighting the other prince from our neighboring kingdom. Both boys looked like strong young men.

However... When I saw our little prince stop running around and watch the two boys swords clash with one another. He stood there with a look of awe. Sparks flew everywhere when the two metals clashed. And yet our beloved little son watched the two, cheering the two on to do their best. My heart almost gave out when I saw those two boys stop and look over at the beloved prince. Both boys looked at him with want. They wanted our son for their own.

A few months later and I had to ride out into battle. I told my new queen to watch over things while I was gone. I also told her son to keep our son safe. He just nodded his blond head and told me he would protect him with his own life. That made my sad guilty feeling die down. And so I rode out into battle leaving behind our son and our kingdom behind.

(A/N: The prologue was in the kings point of view. As the story progresses the point of view's will change. For the first few chapters or so the point of view will be in the kings son's point of view. I know it sounds confusing but it will be explained later. Also it may seem slightly confusing right now because I didn't use anybodies names or have given them a name yet. Expect for the belated queen... )

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yin_yang_lover

• yaoifangirl

Chapter 1: The terrible news

The sun was shinning a few minutes ago before the dark gray clouds covered the bright heavenly light. Thunder rolled in the distance and it was coming closer towards the castle. Just as soon as everybody got inside of the large castle the rain came pouring down. A soft groan was heard coming from an opened oak door. A small body was standing by the stain glass window looking outside with a frown marring it's soft face.

Tiny arms crossed over on the windowsill. A chin placed on top of the arms watching the raindrops drip down on the stain glass. Just then a light knock was heard. "Kane... Sweetheart... Why don't you go and play a game with your brother eh?" A soft voice spoke from the open doorway. I turned my head away from the window, a bored look crossing over my face. I sighed but nodded my head at my chamber maid who held out her slightly tan hand out for me to take.

I walked away from the window and towards her. I then placed my tiny pale hand in her's and smiled up at her. "Okay..." I said in a soft voice before I let the young brunette haired woman pull me along.

I hardly ever got to play with my brother. He was 16, and he focused more on sword fighting and chasing after girls his own age while I was only 12 and all I wanted to do is play. For a 12 year old I was short for my age. I only went up to the woman's chest. I huffed loudly still wondering why a child my age would have to hold a chamber maids hand. But everybody said it was for my own safety. Ha! Safety my butt! They just don't want their beloved little prince to go anywhere without holding somebodies hand.

After a few more minutes of walking we stopped in front of two large oak wooden doors. The brunette let my hand go and knocked on the door. We had to wait for a few minutes before we saw the doors open up. And there stood Alexander. Proud and tall. His blond hair framed his face perfectly. His bright icy blue eyes went well with his blond hair. He was very well built for a male his age. But it was from all of the sword fighting he has been doing. I looked up at him, while he looked down at me with a confused look crossing over his handsome face.

"Uh... Kane? What are you doing here?" He asked in a slightly deep voice which caused my cheeks to burn lightly.

"I... Um.. Your not busy are?" I asked in a slightly timid voice which caused him to chuckle lowly in his throat.

"Well right now I'm not busy... Would you like to come in?"

"Uh... Y-Y-Yes please..."

He laughed again at how shy and timid I was being before he moved over to the side to let me in to his room. I blushed even more before I walked into the room. He gave the chamber maid a look and she bowed getting the message loud and clear. She walked away, and he closed the door.

Somewhere in the castle stood the queen who was pacing back and forth in the throne room. Her own icy blue eyes was filled with worry. She hadn't heard from her king in quite some time now and that worried her deeply. She feared that he was captured or worse he was killed. The second thought made her blood freeze. She was hoping it was the latter of the two.

Just as she was about to pace some more the doors to the throne room where opened. Which caused her to feel hope that her husband had returned to her. But when she turned her head, she didn't see her king but a ********* from the battle field. He ran up to her out of breath and handed her a rolled up piece of paper. She looked at him questioning but he just shook his head. His face was pale and his eyes looked dull.

Something big must have happened. With shaky hands she took the rolled up piece of paper and untied it before she unrolled it. When her eyes ran across the words on the paper... Her eyes started to tear up... Her king! Her beloved husband... Was dead.... Tear's came pouring down her face as her hands started to shake violently. The solider before her had his head bowed. It pained him to see his queen look... Well heartbroken...

Her legs almost gave out but she stood tall and firm. More and more tears came down her face. How was she going to explain this to her two son's?

• 9 months later...

[A/N: This chapter will contain Alexander's POV.]

Chapter 2: The Funeral and the Choice

The rain came pouring down harder on the land, thunder was rolling loudly outside of the castle, the queen couldn't stand anymore so she walked over to her throne and sat down. Her long flowing red and blue jewel encrusted gown covered her slender thin legs.

A look of seer sadness was evidently shown on her face and in her vibrant icy blue eyes, clear rain droplets moved down the stain glass windows that covered the sides of the large room. The diamond chandelier was glittering in a beautiful but yet horrible way. For nothing was beautiful in this cold horrid world.

The queen was staring at the beautiful light fixture with an empty look... She was still wondering how to break the news to her two sons.

----

Alexander's Point Of View

----

I watched the younger male walk around my room looking over the many scrolls and books that I had in my room, my back was resting against the oak wooden doors. I couldn't help but notice how lovely Kane has became, with his shoulder length wavy silvery blond hair.

His aqua marine blue eyes held an innocence to them that would make anybody want to snuff it out... Including myself... I know he is my little brother but only by our parents marriage, we're not blood related so it must be natural to think the way I do about him... Right?

I shook my head realizing what I had just thought of. How could I think that way!? I like the women not men! But... In Kane's case I could careless wither he was a male and considered as my brother. My whole body became tense, why are these horrid thoughts popping into my head!

I didn't realize the look I was giving until I heard that angelic voice speak up.

"Big brother? Are you okay? You look like your not feeling well..." I blinked my sharp icy blue eyes a few times before I gave him a soft smile and nodded my head.

"I'm fine little brother... I was just thinking..." He tilted his head to the side in the most cutest way possible which caused my inner turmoil to wash away. He had no idea what he does to me!

"What were you thinking about?"

"Uh... Well... The war and father..."

He blinked and then nodded his head accepting my answer. Good save... But a sad look crossed over his slightly pale childish face which caused my heart to constrict painfully in my chest. That look didn't suit him at all...

"When will father come home...?" His soft voice sounded broken which made me move away from the door and walk up to him. When I was in front of him I got down on one knee and placed both of my hands on his shoulders. He looked up at me with watery aqua marine blue eyes, my breath got stuck in my throat.

The color of his eyes were so breathtaking that it made it hard for me to breathe.

"Father will come home soon... I promise..." I said while removing one of my hands from his shoulder to brush aside his bangs from his face. He stayed quiet for a few minutes before he gave me a heart stopping smile, my eyes widened at that. Jeez... This kid was going to be the death of me!

Just then there was a knock on my double doors causing me to blink and sigh before I stood up. Can't they just leave me alone with him? I thought bitterly before I walked over towards the doors and opened them up only to see a ********* from the battle field standing there with a sad look staining his face.

I raised an delicate eye brow up at him, I felt Kane walking up behind me to look around and see who was at the door.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked in a slightly ticked off tone of voice but soon regretted it immediately due to the man's next words which caused my whole body to freeze along with the warm blood running through my veins.

"I'm sorry my Prince but... You're father... The King... Has fallen in battle... I'm... Deeply sorry..." My icy blue eyes widened and the grip I had on the brass door handles tightened, my knuckles turned white. My whole body was shaking, no way in hell did he fall! No way!

The king was a strong man! Not somebody who was easy to get rid of! "You lie!" Both me and the solider jumped at the loud broken voice. I released one hand from one of the handles just so I could turn around to look at Kane who was shaking like a leaf.

Tears were streaming down his slightly pale cheeks, a look of utter shock and unbelief was written across the young prince's face.

My eyes softened at his expression, "Kane..."

The solider frowned at the young male who looked like he was about to run out of the room any minute now. "Young Prince... It's no lie... you're father died during battle..."

"You lair! My father is alive!" More tears streamed down his delicate face, his hands were balled up into tight fist by his sides, his body was shaking even more so then before. "It.. It's a lie..." He then fell down on his knees and bring up his hands to his face crying into his balled up hands.

My other hand released the other handle as I walked over towards him and bent down bringing him into my arms, he reacted by clinging onto my form fitting white button down shirt. He buried his face into my chest and cried his eyes out. The soldier stood there with balled up fist as well, he hated this! He hated to see the royal family look so... Broken.

A day had past on by when the solider's recovered their Kings body. It was a gruesome sight to see, his face was covered in blood... His golden body armor was covered in blood as well. His eyes were wide opened and a fierce look was on his face. He died while fighting for what was right! He died for his people who had gathered for his funeral.

The neighboring Kingdoms (The ones who were on good terms with the Von Croff Kingdom was there). The solid gold coffin was opened showing off their now cleaned kings face and body. The coffin was a magnificent sight to see.

The lining around the bottom and top was encrusted with many different kind of jewels while on the sides it had the family crest which was of a lion with a crown on its head. It's mouth was opened and it's front claws were extended while there were swords going in an X like fashion behind the lion. The jewel in the middle of the lions crown was a ruby along with the jewel for its eye. On all four sides it was the same design.

Everybody wore black that day, the queen was standing in the middle between her two distraught son's, listening to what the priest was saying. "King Albert Von Croff the VI was a great man! A great King, he was loved by all! A great leader and a friend to all of his people, he was a man for the people by the people! I wish him the best of luck in the after life!"

The old man said loudly as there were sobs coming from the massive crowd of people who came to bid a farewell to their beloved King. The Queen looked over at the coffin with a sad look on her face, the heavens above were too weeping over the death of this glorious man.

Thunder sounded off in the distance, nobody seemed to care about the approaching storm all they cared about was there Belated King. After the Funeral went on for a few more hours people went back to their homes to weep for the king. His grave was littered with all different types of flowers.

At least he was buried by his old queen, now he could join her in heaven. I stood there looking at the graves not caring about the rain, nor about the fact that I was soaked from head to toe. My blond hair stuck to my face, my tears mixed with the rain. Just then I heard a voice behind me and I turned around to look at my mother who was walking up to me.

I was about to ask her about Kane and where he was but she shook her head. "He's with Prince Christen..." Her voice was wavering and slightly emotionless, who could blame her? My icy blue eyes narrowed at that name but I sighed softly and turned all the way around to look at her fully. "Alexander... Since you are older then Kane... You're going to be the next in line for becoming the King..."

My eyes widened when I heard my beautiful mother say that.

"Me? King?" She nodded her head slowly and walked up to me, she was holding up her elegant black gown so that no mud or dirt could get on it.

"Yes you... Now you have a choice... When you become 22 you will take the throne... Or you can not become King and wait until Kane is old enough to take the throne... You're choice..."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Me King?... I crossed my arms over my chest and lowered my head in a thinking kind of way. The kingdom does need a strong man to lead them... And protect them... Who knows, maybe I could ask Kane to be my Consort...

A sly smirk crossed over my face, yes! If I become King then I will be able to have Kane all to myself! I lifted my head up with a sweet smile now masking the sly devilish smirk I had on my face. "I will do it! I will become King!"

• 3 weeks later...

[A/N: Before I begin this next chapter I want to say thank you to those of you reading my story and a big thank you goes out to

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
because of her lovely comment on my story so thank you so much deary! I'm glad you love story so far~ Anyways after this chapter I will make the character's older. Because this chapter is basically the start of Alexander's king training. Also if you all like this chapter then I'll make sure in the next one there is a hot steamy kiss for you guys. ;3 Any who please enjoy this chapter! Oh yeah! One more thing! This Chapter will be in both Alexander's and Kane's point of view.]

Chapter 3: The King's Training Begins

It was about a week now since the King's funeral and well the people were just as they were when they heard about their King's death. However, word got out that a new King was decided, which in turn angered some of the town's people. How could the queen choose a new King at a time like this?

There were rumor's going around saying that Alexander was to take the throne when he became of age. Some of the people were quite happy about hearing the news while other's... Were not so happy about it. The whole air in the Kingdom was thick and unbearable, when the King was alive the kingdom was thriving and lively but after that devastating blow... It seemed like everybody lost the will to be merry and happy.

An aggravated groan escaped from a short blond haired male who looked like he was about to throw the book he was reading right at the high counselor's face. He wasn't making any sense! The old bastard was rambling on about something... I wasn't paying much attention to the old geezer.

My finger's drummed against the page of the book while I had my other arm propped up on the large brown oak table which was in the middle of the very large library. Books lined the walls from top to bottom. Anything you can think of was in there. I sighed softly but then felt a sharp pain hit the back of my head causing my face to hit the book with a very powerful force that I could have sworn my nose broke.

"You are not paying attention! How are you suppose to be the King if you don't listen!" The old man snapped out at me as he then placed the book that he used to hit the back of my head with down on the pile of books that were beside me. I sat up and rubbed my hurting face, my sharp icy blue eyes narrowed into dangerous slits. How dare he treat me like this! I thought with a scowl now coming upon my face.

"Wipe that dirty look off you're face!" He snapped once again at me causing me to grit my teeth, damn old bat! I wish he would keel over and die already... "Well maybe if you didn't hit me so damn hard then I wouldn't be giving you a dirty look!" I snapped right on back, I was royalty and he was nothing but the Counselor... So what gives him the right to treat me like this.

He humphed and crossed his arms over top of his royal blue robes, his long white bread was tied in a braid which ended at his waist. Around his waist he was wearing a black sash which held his robe together. "Honestly... I think Kane would be better suited for being King..." He said in a low tone of voice, I barely caught what he had said since he said it under his breath.

I froze in my seat. My eyes turned hard and cold while my hand that was resting now on the book, the same one I was using to drum my fingers on the page turned into a fist. Everybody has been saying that lately... They weren't even giving me a chance to prove myself worthy of being their King. But... I sighed and shook my head, then again with the way I've been acting... No wonder why everybody would think Kane would be better suited.

I know now that I have to prove to everybody that I am worthy of being their king! "High Counselor?" The older man gave me an acknowledged sound meaning he heard me and was waiting patiently for me to say what I had to say. Even though I was making him go crazy but at least I had calmed down somewhat.

"Yes what is it child?"

I frowned at that, but looked up at him with soft icy blue eyes. "If... I study hard and interact with the people... Will that make me worthy of the title King?" I guess I shocked him with what I had said considering the fact that his light brown aged old eyes widened at my words.

He stroked his bread in a thoughtful kind of way before he shrugged his shoulders, "Well... It would make you a better candidate then you are now..." He said in his shaky but oh so wise voice. I nodded my head at him causing my hair to brush against the sides of my face.

"Then... Let's get down to business shall we?" The elderly man grinned and nodded his head as well. He then started to talk rather animatedly and this time I listened to every word he had said with much more zeal then I did before.

-------

Kane's Point Of View

-------

A soft yawn escaped from rose petal lips while aqua marine blue eyes stared up at the bright sunny crystal clear sky with a happy expression was crossing over a slightly pale face. I was in the royal rose garden with another male who was the same age as my brother.

The guy was more handsome then Alexander. He had nice tan skin that seemed smooth to the touch but it was pulled over taunt muscles. His vibrant jade green eyes were dancing with a mirth and mischievousness to them that seemed to suit the male well.

His hair was a very soft silky honey brown color, the ends of it seemed to curve out slightly while his bangs framed his face oh so perfectly. No blemish was seen on the tan sharp face. The male was laying on his back looking up at the sky with a content look. "So Kane?" I jumped slightly when I heard his deep voice speak to me, it sounded like rich silk and smooth more so then my brother's.

"Uh.. What is it Christen?" I asked in a shy kind of way, looking over at him through the corner of my eyes, I noticed him sitting up right and leaning back on his hands as he turned his sharp jade green eyes over at me.

"Well... Are you happy about the Queen's choice about making Alex King? I mean the guy has a short fuse! If you so much as say a wrong thing to him and he snaps! Just like that!" To emphasize his point he snapped his fingers causing me to finally look away from the sky and right at him. I tilted my head to the side in a cute kind of way causing his own eyes to glaze over for a few minutes with an unknown emotion before it was soon gone. That emotion confused me. What was that I saw in his eyes?

I then sighed and racked my finger's through my shoulder length silvery blond hair. "That's true... But we need a king right now and he's the best candidate right now..." I said in my soft tone of voice causing him to removed one of his hands as support to scratch the back of his head. "I honestly don't think so... To be honest you're more worthy of being called a King instead of him..." Christen muttered more so to himself then to me. I furrowed my thin eyebrows together in confusion why would he say I'm more worthy then Alexander?

Just then a soft breeze came along and blew my hair around my face along with the scent of roses, I then looked back up at the sky with a frown on my face. "Lately people have been saying that... But..." I then looked back at Christen who was still watching my every move like a hawk.

"I honestly think that he is worthy of being called King..."

"Kane..." His eyes softened at my words along with the expression on his face.

I gave him a heart stopping smile which caused his breath to catch in his throat, "Believe me, he will become a great King." I giggled which caused him to smile softly right back at me. "Yeah... I'll believe you..." Another breeze came by leaving me and him alone in a comfortable silents.

-------

Alexander's Point Of View

-------

After the High Counselor had finished talking to me he left the library saying that the Queen wished to talk to him about something or another and left me alone in the library. I sighed softly and stood up, stretching my arms above my head I moved towards the balcony that was next to the table. Lucky for me that it was opened letting in a very nice breeze, a soft smile crossed over my lips as I headed outside for some fresh air.

The musky scent of books and dust was starting to make me light headed, I then placed my hands on the railing and leaned forwards looking straight ahead of me letting the breeze fill my dirty lungs with clean crisp air. I inhaled sharply through my mouth and exhaled through my nose. My icy blue eyes scanned the area around me until I caught sight of Kane and-

"Christen..." I hissed the males name with distaste, that prince rubbed me the wrong way. My eyes narrowed as I watched the two of them relaxing to closely to each other for my comfort. My hands tightened on the marble railing while a scowl came across my face. I then noticed Kane laughing at something the other had said while a nice blush covered his cheeks and nose. What in the world did that bastard say?! I noticed a sly smirk crossing over Christen's face. That did it!

I released my hold on the railing as I plotted a way to have Kane all to myself... Just then a devilish smirk and chuckle left my lips. Oh how brilliant! Yes that plan will work perfectly! Soon... Very soon Kane. You will be all mine! And nobody else will have you.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Happy to read a new chapter! I'm waiting to see the characters older. :5yoyo34: