Farewell My Concubine (Bàwáng Bié Jī) (Engsub)

JuJu

2uidxza.jpg

TitleFarewell My Concubine

Director: Kaige Chen

Writers: Pik Wah Li (novel), Pik Wah Li (screenplay), and 2 more credits »

Stars:Leslie Cheung, Fengyi Zhang and Li Gong

Year: 1993

Length: 171 mins

Storyline:

"Farewell, My Concubine" is a movie with two parallel, intertwined stories. It is the story of two performers in the Beijing Opera, stage brothers, and the woman who comes between them. At the same time, it attempts to do no less than squeeze the entire political history of China in the twentieth century into a three-hour time-frame.

[Its plot is rather long and complex, you can see it specifically

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Extra information:

Bawang Bie Ji is a very very well-known movie, the one of the central works of the Fifth Generation movement that brought Chinese film directors to world attention.

It gained many awards and nominations for the best movie of all times.

Farewell My Concubine remains to date the only Chinese-language film to win the Cannes Palme d'Or.

About the main character Leslie Chung:

Leslie Cheung Kwok-Wing (12 September 1956 – 1 April 2003) was a film actor and musician from Hong Kong.

Cheung was bisexual and once said in an interview in Time magazine: "It's more appropriate to say I'm bisexual. I've had girlfriends. When I was 22 or so, I asked my girlfriend Teresa Mo (his colleague in ATV of the time) to marry me.

He also had another publicized love with another man named "Tong". In 1997 concert, he used to openly reaveal that Tong was his "most beloved" after his mother. Luckily, the Hong Kong media eventually accepted the two men's relationship and the tabloid gave Tong the nickname Tong Tong (in the style of Gor Gor).

Leslie Chung Cheung committed suicide on 1 April 2003 at 6:41 pm (HKT). He leapt from the 24th floor of the Mandarin Oriental hotel, located in the Central district of Hong Kong Island. He left a suicide note saying that he had been suffering from depression. He was 46 years old.

Despite numerous tabloid rumors, he denied his homosexual/bi-sexual orientation for the first half of his career, until his stance relaxed considerably after emigrating to Vancouver. In the early 1990s he became one of the few Hong Kong actors who dared to play gay characters onscreen.

Download Farewell My Concubine Movie:

(if you get any problem with the download link or running the movie, contact me! )

Enjoy!! This is also the most favourtie movie of mine....!!! hope you like it :o

For download re-upload requests, post

so the staff notices them.

Note: Please only ask for re-upload if none of the download links work after checking ALL the pages of the thread. Thanks!

YO Staff

• Like 21

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuJu

• ninoy

Top Posters In This Topic